Potty training tips for boys?

Throw at me all your tips to potty train a 2.5yo boy

3 Likes

Cheerios in the toilet to aim at.
We also had a potty book that made the flushing sound so sat them on the potty seat gave them the book and let them be for a bit. Obviously checking in but not interrupting.
When they sat they got 2 gummy bears, when they peed they got 5 and when they poo’d they got 10.
Good Luck Momma sometimes it happens quick, sometimes takes a bit.
Whatever method you use just stay consistent :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Put a cheerio in the toilet and tell him to aim for it. He will think it’s a game and want to do it.

Put cheerios in toilet or gold fish tell him pee on fish

They like to pee on tires too lol

2 Likes

I took three days off work and let my son run around naked and had him sit on the potty regularly. Every time he used it he got a prize from the prize bag (random trinkets or treats I got at party city and dollar tree). After three days he was using the potty regularly!

1 Like

It’s much easier to do if you just wait until the child (boy or girl) is ready and not when we as parents want it. Cheerios or small cereal pieces in toilet to try to sink which helps for aim, small candies, toys, stickers or treats for actually going potty. Work on it in the summer time and set 3-4 days to just stay home and focus on training. Allow child to run in nothing but underwear at most and set a timer to go potty every 20 min and slowly extend that time a little.

Nappy off and run free outside… if it’s summer or warm of course :laughing:

Put cheerios in toilet a few have him aim at the cheerios so he hits the middle of the bowl

I taught my boys to sit and pee first as it’s easiest in my opinion . I did 2-3 days of them walking around with no diaper or undies so when they had to go, they had no reason to stop them. They were day potty trained in 3 days . Did this with 2 boys, about to tackle my 20 month old here soon too.

3 Likes

Sit him on a training potty infront of the t.v with somthing to drink .distracting him to sit and drink till he pees.

1 Like

Let them pick out their own underpants. Potty watch or timer. Start with 15minutes. Then add 5 minutes every few days that they keep it up. Be fully committed. My son prefers the toddler seat on the adult toilet over a toddler toilet. Praise them when they go. My son gets a treat when he goes. Just something small. He also loves peeing on trees. So that helped the potty training process. It takes time. Have patience. We have been actively trying to potty train for a month or so. Only with about 60% success.

We bought the cheapest diapers on the market came lose when ever it was wet ,our little guy is a bit of a perfectionist ,so everything had to be in place ,So when Diaper started to get lose we would not put it back on he would cry and throw his little guy tantrums but eventually took it off ,we refused to put a clean on and he walked bare bum for some time ,peed outside for a while ,we scared him that everyone outside would see what his doing and that bird would mistake his wormie for actual worm he immediately started using the big pot ,Also gave him the opportunity to flush the toilet when he used it ,His 3 years now and doesn’t even wet the bed .

Is he showing signs he’s ready? If not,don’t rush,boys usually aren’t ready til 3 ,the above ideas are great.

1 Like

It’s easy when they are ready I tried early and failed. Then tried again and he is fully potty trained and no diaper at bedtime at all. Honestly I used a potty n he started peeing sitting down but then I also got him a urinal from Amazon n it has a twirling thing he likes peeing on. Now he is peeing in the urinal and poop on the big potty. It’s all about making them comfortable. He has a lot of accidents but I just kept remind him. It’s hard hang in there.

We learned how to aim in the tub after bath time. much easier clean up if it dribbles a little and you get an idea how hard their stream is etc so you can put stickers on the floor for their feet so they know how close to stand. After a couple times of that the toilet is a bigger target than the drain and you usually don’t have a huge mess to clean up.

a cousin of mine used the fruit loops in the toilet for his youngest boy to aim at, it worked great until this child got up on the table a peed into the bowls of fruit loops on the table.

1 Like

Boys are much harder than girls, patience.