Pregnancy announcement ideas?

Neither of my pregnancy had a crazy reveal lol. First kid, I took a test on my 15 min. break at Walmart cause I vomited smoking my cig before work and it was + so I called him at work and told him and had to literally hang up and walk back to my register.

2nd I swore up and down I was and he kept laughing at me taking tests over and over and “seeing thing” so I made him get me a digital and made HIM be the one to read it cause I just knew lol :joy:

Congratulations. He was always waiting outside the bathroom door when I done tests so couldn’t do anything like this for him but have saw ideas like getting a baby vest personalised to say something like I can’t wait to meet you daddy and put it in a box with your pregnancy test or get your other children involved with t shirts? I couldn’t wait that long until anything arrived lol was way too excited as well

1 Like

I was shocked to say the least, so I took the test and ran downstairs and screamed I was pregnant and basically whipped the test at him in excitement :joy::joy:

3 Likes

Make a grocery list of baby items and send him to the store! Newborn diapers, bottles, etc. Let him figure it out!

4 Likes

I had my first daughter give him a present… was layered- first layer was the book ‘Dada’ by Jimmy Fallon, second layer was a newborn size diaper, on the bottom was my pregnancy test with a little bow on it.
Was pretty spectacular, she was happy, he cried… was good

Get a like shoe box or some time of small box and put the tissue papaer in it. Put a cute little unisex outfit in it saying I love daddy or something around those lines with the test and some cute little baby shoes…

1 Like

i made him come look at the test to make sure it was real the 2nd time i freaked out and threw the test at him while he was in bed.

I woke with a feeling about 1130pm, took the test, positive, walked into the room crying and told him :heart:

I did it on Valentine’s Day because that’s when I found out but I wrote in a heart “you ARE the father!” I also included the test. (His mom want he’s maury and Jerry springer) lol

Tell him his dinner is in the oven and just leave a bun in there

So our first and only. I found out one week after mother’s day. I wanted to wait until father’s day but told him the second I walked out of the bathroom.

Here’s a few ideas. Pintrest is always a good place to look

1 Like

I took a test, composed myself, walked out of the bathroom and said “congratulations. you’re going to be a dad.” haha

I just said, yup I’m freaking pregnant

"hey. You knocked me up. Congrats. I want tacos
"

3 Likes

I had the Starbucks barista put “daddy” on the cup instead of a name.

For the second, I had my son deliver a The Office themed card (and our public announcement was our son dressed up a Dwight with a sign that said “IT IS A BABY”)

2 Likes

First was just handing him the test :sweat_smile: second was our eldest wearing a shirt with a gaming controller saying levelling up to big brother

I did this off of etsy.com. he cracked the egg to read that little message inside… it was so sweet… I’m 35 weeks and 3 days today!

1 Like

I gave him a gift bag qith sparkling cider and the book, What to Expect When You’re Expecting".

I put a diaper on his pillow.

I wish I would have surprised my boyfriend. :joy: we were trying for a little over a year and was unsuccessful. Then finally took a test and it was positive. I woke him up from a dead sleep freaking out crying he was SOOO confused :joy::joy::joy: but we surprised everyone else!

What happened to the old fashioned. “Honey I’m pregnant”

I bought a gender neutral onesie and a gift bag and put the test and outfit in there :blush: This was 2 years ago and he loved it

I was nervous as hell and just blurted it out like it was casual conversation lol

I told him the test was positive, lol.

1 Like

The first time he called me after a doctors appointment to ask how it went and all I could say was “you’re going to be a daddy” then hung up​:rofl: the second time I called him while he was at work and said “it’s positive. I’m pregnant. This summers gonna suck”:rofl:
I’ve seen my friends take their SO on a date, hand them a “gift” and when they open it it’s the positive test

Put some buns in your oven and tell him to look in there. I’m not very creative, sorry :rofl:

I got him a gift bag. I filled it with his favorite treat M&Ms, a onesie that said “super rad just like dad” (dads a skater), a card where I basically wrote how excited I was for us to start our family, etc. and my positive pregnancy test. Told him i had a surprise for him after work and gave it to him. He was confused at first because it wasn’t a holiday or his birthday but he was so happy.

1 Like

I just told him :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I did a dinner that was baby (small in size everything) themed.

Two beer bottles (or whatever you drink) depending on age of your kids, lay out 2 sippy cups or whatever kind of cups they drink from, referencing them and A baby bottle at the end
Let him put the pieces together :laughing::heart: congratulations

1 Like

Yeast bun in the oven … say it’s for dinner !

I got him a fake lottery ticket and he scrubbed it out was like I won a baby :heart::heart::heart: then went nuts dancing around the room and stuff when he open the bag and found the scan and I’m cool like my daddy vest for baby :slightly_smiling_face: xx

1 Like

Called him in a panic and word vomited it. I was on my way to the er. Had appendicitis

1 Like

Put a bun with the pregnancy test sticking in it, in the oven. Have him ‘check’ to see if there is anything in the oven, so you can start dinner. He finds it, he cries, you cry, congratulations!

I hyperventilated lol. He couldn’t figure out what was wrong until I finally spit it out.

For our first I put the test in a ziplock bag then put it in a box with a card that said you + me = 3. Then put that box in a bigger box then put that in a bigger box. Total of like 5 or 6 boxes and wrapped the biggest box. He thought it was a play station 4 before he started unwrapping lol. With our second I just threw the test at him when he got home from work :joy::rofl:

3 Likes

I wrapped up a onesie and the test in a box for my bf. It was February so I said it was a Christmas present I forgot about. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

He knew I was taking the test with in the next day or two but I was so anxious I couldn’t wait any longer. I took it came out waited about 10 minutes went to check it and just brought the test to our living room and all I could manage to say was uh babe… And hand him the test. He was so beyond excited as was I. He jumped up soun me around the room and started yelling in excitement.

1 Like

I came out of the bathroom with two pee sticks and said “holy effing shit”

Words. Spoken. Directly.

My husband was in nursing class. I found d out I was pregnant and called over to tell him. Needless to say he failed the test he had to take because he was so in shock lol. He retook it later lol. Came home and had to go tell his mom. Before anyone in his class told her oops lol. That was 24 years ago lol

1 Like

Showed him the test which was positive. He went pale and didn’t speak to me for a whole day.

2 Likes

He brought the tests home, so didn’t need to say much, since I had been trying for 9 years.

Why play games with such news???

4 Likes

I asked hub how does he like his eggs and when he said fried I replied that this is a shame as mine is fertilised…stupid but it is how we roll…

5 Likes

My husband sat with me when I did my test, every time.

1 Like

Left the positive test on the bathroom counter beside his sink so he would definitely see it before coming to bed

2 Likes

Make supper baby carrots baby corn ask if he sees a pattern do all baby

Lol my partner knows my cycle better than I do :woozy_face::joy:

took a pic of the test and texted it to him lol

With my oldest I just told him as he was walking by. And 12 years later I’m pregnant with my 2nd and I called my boyfriend on the phone crying because I found out I was pregnant and it wasn’t planned. So it definitely was a surprise but she is a good surprise even though she almost wasn’t created cause I was going to go on birth control cause I was done having kids and was ok with 1 but god had different plans for us and that’s ok.

1 Like

Get something that says worlds best dad and give it to him as a gift

3 Likes

Write on a cereal box
"We are
See milk
On The milk
Family
See spoon
We are pregnant
Then hand him the pregnancy test
(Like when bernadette told Howie on big bang therory)

Another good way
Is the 2 of you go on a romantic picnic
Ask him to get the plates out of the basket
Have the pregnancy test taped to the top plate

3 Likes

Give him a gift that’s a pacifier and a note that says. Dear daddy: please hold on tho this until (due date) we both know mommy will forget to get it when I’m come:

8 Likes

I got a happy meal box and wrapped the pregnancy test.

I had balloons all over and a bottle of liquor for him :joy:

1 Like

Let beans represent your number of children. Put two on his plate, tell them beans represent your number of children. Then put one on your plate. Let him get confused like I know I have two but you should have two on your plate. Then put two on your plate. Then say but that equals four. Hell immediately go into the stage of, but if I had two on my plate and you had one on your plate, that would have meant we have three babies/children. Get silent, then say exactly! He should get it by then! Just an idea.

1 Like

My husband work midnights and I ended up taking three tests and when the third one came back positive I went running into our bedroom and I woke him up shoving my pee stick in his face LOL

1 Like

With my first I looked at him and said wtf did you do to me. I was on the pill so it was all his fault. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ran out of the bathroom and threw the test at him out of shock :rofl:

I had shirts made. His said player one and the onesie said player 2

1 Like

Well our first one was a complete surprise and he was there when I took the test and the second I was at work when I found out and I called him at work and I couldn’t not tell him :skull: I said “well I got some news” and he immediately guessed then proceeded to ignore me while screaming at his crew he was having another baby :joy: Pinterest has tons of cute ideas!

I wrapped this up because it was around Christmas but I made the box and got all the stuff on the inside from dollar tree

Woke him up at 4:30 am and showed him the test. :joy::joy::joy::joy:

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Pregnancy announcement ideas? - Mamas Uncut

We did a game of hangman. It was cute

Get him a r shirt that says “worlds best big brother” x

1 Like

What are his hobbies? I would incorporate something that he likes/likes to do when you tell him you’re pregnant with his little sibling :blue_heart:

1 Like

I got my son a sign that said “I’m getting promoted to big brother with the month and year” and got him a big brother shirt…

If my son was older we did a baseball pink dust I’d have him hit the baseball with the bat💕

1 Like

Put together a Big Brother gift basked.

We went out to dinner, got a big sister t-shirt and a gift for our daughter when we told her. She was 6 at the time.

Do a scavenger hunt. Each thing put a favorite candy in an egg or something small And at the end have a note that says achievement unlocked and have a shirt that says promoted to big brother.

I’m in the same situation. My baby is 7 and I’m expecting my 2nd right around his 8th birthday. I ordered a shirt that has only child crossed out and it says big brother and I had him read it.

It seems to me that you wouldn’t want to tell him too early about the pregnancy.

It was just before Christmas so we got the t-shirt and put it under the tree and said we got her an early present x

Maybe create a little book? Or buy a big brother book and read it together and see how he would feel

This was how we told our kids we were having baby number 8 :joy::heart: we did family pictures and held a sign up without them seeing. Then had them read the sign and caught their reactions with photos! Some of the kids were super happy, my two preteen girls (on couch in purple and blue) were not happy because “babies just cry and poop” :joy::sweat_smile: but we thought it was a cute way to announce it and the resulting photos were great for telling everyone else too. Our families and friends got a kick out of the reaction photos.

Just tell him he’s gonna be a big brother ???

Are you talented at writing? Maybe you could write a kid’s book. A Big Brother’s Instruction Manual. You could include a congratulations on becoming a big brother. Then general information on what to expect. Make it light-hearted and include little things he can do to help you with the baby. Explain why the baby cries-the baby’s only way to communicate. Frequent feedings for awhile. Extra attention because wet/soiled diapers, bathing etc. have a section about how the baby will tire mom out for a little while so don’t ever think mom has forgotten him. He’s more important than ever because he’s interesting with his drawings, storybooks, movies, and time. Not a writer? See if you know someone who can help you put such a book together. Maybe there’s one at the library or the bookstore. It would be a great gift. And include a Best Big Brother t-shirt.

2 Likes

I have a 7yr old who has been the only child I took the test during the day he had been begging for a sister so I was so excited for him when the bus pulled up to drop him off I ran on to the bus and yelled your going to be a big brother he cried happy tears thankfully the bus driver knows us well so does the kids on the bus lol :laughing: I did the same thing when I found out the gender he is getting his sister and is so over joyed (he just doesn’t know yet how much things will change)

1 Like

I true stick figures of our family, and the mommy had a baby bump with a baby inside. And my oldest 3 at the time pretended to draw it.

I got my daughter a big sister shirt and then I waited until we had the first sono done and showed her and explain she was going to be a big sister. She’s also 6, so she’s very impatient and excited.

Buy him a “Big brother” shirt and put a baby onesie in the bag with it. Give it to him and watch his reaction lol

How about. You’re gonna be a big brother. I mean it’s really that simple.

5 Likes

I Get Paid 0ver $ 110 per hour w0rking from h0me. I never thought l’d be able to d0 it but my colleague makes over $ 13575 a m0nth doing this and she convinced me t0 try. The p0ssibility with this is limitless.

SEE MORE HERE…>> https://LifeStyle137.pages.dev

We got a gift box and put a book in it about being a big brother (we got it from Barnes & Noble)…a shirt for him that said something about being a big brother…and ultrasound pictures that he could keep.
He was 6.

My 16 year old told me I was pregnant so didn’t have to tell her. Lol
Get him a big brother little brother shirt set. Something he enjoys as well

My boyfriend has a 5 year old lil girl. We got a shirt saying “I am going to be a big sister” and put that in a bag. We then got cupcakes with blue colored frosting in the middle so when she bit it, thats how she found out she was having a brother

Wa I t till out of first trimester period

I Get Paid 0ver $ 110 per hour w0rking from h0me. I never thought l’d be able to d0 it but my colleague makes over $ 13858 a m0nth doing this and she convinced me t0 try. The p0ssibility with this is limitless.

SEE MORE HERE…>> https://LifeStyle150.pages.dev

They have amazing books

And just make him feel a part of it. My kiddos are 5 years apart

l get paid over $197 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18698 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

M0re Info. https://amazingearning15.pages.dev/

Buy a doppler explain to him what it’s for and how it works then check daddy’s tummy for baby heart beat then his then yours and when he realizes he hears the baby let him know it’s bc he’ll soon be a big brother. Congratulations!!

We announced at Christmas so had stuck a scan photo in people’s cards and then the grandparents got a box with little booties, a note and a scan photo

So I made dinner. Baby back ribs, baby potatoes and roasted baby carrots and baby sized tomato. Baby Ruth for desert and I got baby’s breath flowers. None of the kids or my dad figured it out and my husband ended up working really really late that night and wasn’t even home for dinner lmao.

Back in the day we just called or emailed, worked just fine :no_good_woman::rofl:

Everyone deserves a happy relationship, I was hurt and heart broken when my husband left me and moved to California to be with another woman. I felt my life was over and my kids thought they would never see their father again. I tried to be strong just for the kids but I could not control the pains that tormented my heart, my heart was filled with sorrows and pains because I was really in love with my husband. I have tried many options but he did not come back, until i met a friend that directed me to Dr.Excellent a spell caster, who helped me to bring back my husband after 11hours. Me and my husband are living happily together again, This man is powerful, you can contact him now. I will advice anyone that have relationship problem or marriage problem, financial Difficulty, court case problem contact Dr Excellent now, he’s the solution to all you problems. Here his contact. WhatsApp him at: +2348084273514 "Or email him at: [email protected] ,Read about him here:https://drexcellentspellcaster.godaddysites.com