Pros and cons of a VBAC?

I’m wondering how many moms had an elective cesarean with their first pregnancy and opted and was successful with a vbac?? Also when did you go into labor and any signs of labor coming? Lastly, when did you dilate and were you aware of dilation before cervix check! TIA

2 Likes

I don’t think anyone can be aware of dilation before a check can they?

I had an emergency cesarean with my first and had a successful vbac with my son 5 years later. No signs of labor. I was laying down when my water broke. My water broke around 6pm & I had him 6pm the next day…

2 Likes

I had an emergency c section for my first and 13 months later I had a vbac I knew I was going into labor because I had period like cramps and I had my 2nd to last OB appointment that day and sent me to the hospital

1 Like

Emergency cesarean with first. Vbac 22 months later. Definitely did not feel dilation??? But didn’t feel it with any of my 3 children.

1 Like

There’s such thing as an ELECTIVE c-section?! Doctors oughta be shamed.

1 Like

It would depend on the amount of time between pregnancies, what type of incision was used during the c-section and if your hospital has the staff/equipment for you to choose to do a successful vbac. I thought I felt myself dilating but it was just pubis dysfunction and I actually wasn’t dilated at all and ended up with another c-section bc they will not induce labor for a vbac.