Pros and cons of laser hair removal?

I am thinking of going for laser hair removal on my armpits and pubic area. Although I am afraid of side effects, has anyone here done it>

25 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum.

Did and loved it!!! No complaints

2 Likes

It depends where you get it done out. I did mine at Genesis I think it was called and I did all of my treatments and my hair ended up never going away and it’s completely back to normal now

4 Likes

I’ve done it, I did a Brazilian. I have dark hair and light skin (ideal candidate) and after my 1st session I was 80% hairless, just had my second session on Tuesday and I’ll see results from that in about a week and a half. Highly recommend in my opinion. Definitely get a free consultation to find out if you’re a good candidate.

7 Likes

In my opinion a complete waste of time and money. Sorry. Not sure if it’s different on different areas of the body but I had it on my chin and the hair is worse now than it ever was. Gutted x

1 Like

Check out this group… she just went for hair removal today…

I was considered a perfect candidate. Fair skin dark hair. I did two treatments results seemed ok to begin with but relatively a short time later hair returned. Now many years later it’s as if it was never done.🤷

2 Likes

I love it! I’ve had one session done for my “Brazilian” and her looking a little homeless… all patchy and junk! But I was told that would happen. My arm pits are almost flawless after one session and my legs are patchy, but like I said, it’s just the beginning! I love it!

4 Likes

Best decision ever! Fantastic results! Wish I would have done it sooner! lol

I get electrolysis on my face & it’s definitely working , im really happy I’m doing it!

1 Like

I’ve heard it doesn’t work too well if you have light hair, in which case you’d be better off with electrolysis.

Brown skin. Dark hair. No regrets and am on my 4th treatment for the same areas

Just had my 2nd treatment on Wednesday. The hardest part about the entire thing is making sure I’ve shaved REALLY well before my appointment. The appointments are not exactly fun, but they are worth it. Even after the first treatment I noticed a change. I was the person that had 5 o’clock shadow on my calves and now I’m just doing a spot check when I’m in the shower. To never have to deal with grown-in hairs is more my goal than anything.

My friend has very sensative skin and has to take benadryl before treatments.

3 Likes

I’ve been guaranteed 100% results. Includes 15 treatments but usually only takes 9-10 for 100% with no regrowth. I’m about to have treatment #6 and I’d say I’m about 80% no regrowth at this point. I used IDEAL IMAGE. $$ but did Blakc Friday deal last year it was 75% off locked in price. financed it 2 yr zero interest.

I have done lots of body parts and I love it. I can’t think of one con except I can’t afford my own professional machine.

Only on my. “moustache” and it took several treatments. Very happy with the results.

It’s definitely worth it if you can find the right package, I recommend something that includes atleast 12 sessions and free or reduced price touch ups…ideal image was great to work with

I could not imagine having a laser near my fanny :confused:

1 Like

So happy with results.Go for it

My mistake was getting laser hair removal prior to having children. I would highly recommend it if you have had all children. Hormones from pregnancies have caused the hair to grow back. I asked the facility about this after my 2nd child and they said they have seen this many times and would actually recommend it after all hormones from birth are pretty much cleared out. I feel it was worth it at the time. Now I feel it was not worth it because of the hair growth every couple of days. I would have to go back and pay for the touch ups to get it back to how it was when I first got it.

1 Like

Electrolysis is more permanant I’ve had pits.pubs and face all done Was one of the best tings Ive ever done for myself

1 Like

I did the laser , 6 treatments. Felt like a sunburn , but after a month the hair grew back . They say some women need a few extra treatments but I wasn’t willing to sink anymore time or money into it so I returned back to shaving

yes! worth the money and would do it again.

1 Like

Just keep in mind there is a chance it won’t work. I work for a dermatologist. We do laser hair removal and some women think it’s a one time treatment or that it will ALWAYS work. You need multiple treatments and it is nvr guaranteed it will work.

LOVE IT! I haven’t found any cons yet!

1 Like

Had my whole body done about 5 years ago … BEST MONEY IV EVERY SPENT.
Side effects are … having more money because you’re not spending so much on those bloody expensive razors :ok_hand:t3::ok_hand:t3:
It has been YEARS since iv had to shave :muscle:t3:

17 Likes

Life changing! Lol. It was expensive but worth it.

9 Likes

If you don’t plan on having anymore children then 100% I would go for it. I had it before I had my son and IT IS AMAZING! If you want more children then don’t waste your money as the hormone surges make the hair grow back.

16 Likes

My mate Kay got her legs and that done, rubs it in thay she hasn’t had to shave her legs while I stand there with gorilla legs :rofl:

3 Likes

It feels like someone snaps your bikini zone with a rubber band but it’s worth it. Armpits were painless. Ensure you do the hair removal before you get any tattoos. Once you get inked, you can’t get lasered in that area.

2 Likes

No side effects for me but the armpits hurt terribly

1 Like

It’s awesome. I got the same areas done. No side effects.

2 Likes

Very expensive but money well spent!!

3 Likes

Doesn’t seem to be working for me but only on my 4th session. Everyone is different I guess.

I bought the home kit find it great

2 Likes

I did laser hair treatment 13 years ago, all areas. Still haven’t had to shave anywhere. It was money well spent for me.

5 Likes

My other mother had it done all over years ago and it’s amazing. The benefit is you never need to waist money on shaving stuff again not have to think about it. Con I could see is some sensativity for a bit.

1 Like

I worked in derm for a few years and got it , love it !

Do it! Very minimal Side effects, redness goes away within minutes, no rash or itchy feeling, might be a little sensitive for a day or two but nothing to bothersome. I recommend! So much better then shaving and waxing. Those areas are sensitive and you may experience discomfort but very little pain.

6 Likes

Had laser on my face years ago and it lasted several years. Have the need to have it done again. Nothing is 100%

2 Likes

I have heard it works much better on dark hair, and not very well on pale blonde hair. But I don’t know personally.

I want to get my underarms done. According to my PS, it doesn’t hurt, just feels like a zap. Not sure if I’m getting a good price ($475 for 10 sessions) but to me its 100% worth it as I pay $25 every 3 weeks for a wax. Im just waiting to finalize a surgery then I’ll start the lazer.

Okay so I trained in laser hair removal last year and worked as a therapist for 8 months. Every single person I treated said it was life changing, I agree. It was never something I had considered as I thought it was too expensive - but honestly it’s not that expensive at all. Just make sure you do laser and not IPL. IPL is outdated, more painful and more expensive.
There are slight risks like pigmentation on the face or a very very slight risk of burn but as long as you choose a reputable clinic and follow all the before and after care you will be fine.
My leg hair is constantly smooth (like that just shaved feel), my braz hair is gone and underarms also. It’s amazing. Do it!

3 Likes

If you have dark thick hair expect to be going more than just one treatment plan however as someone who never officially “finished” DO IT the little hair I do have is so worth the hassle !!!

If you don’t go with a home kit, check Groupon for deals. It can be expensive. I wish I could have gone for at least 2 more treatments, because I’ve got regrowth. But I had it done possibly 20 years ago

I had my upper lip, armpits, and pubic done 6 years ago. My armpits are still no hair but my upper lip and public grew back not as thick but it grew back 3 years later. I plan to go and get more treatments and so my legs too

I must’ve gone to the wrong place I paid so much money and nothing changed :pensive:

I’m currently doing it
Hurts like hell but worth it!!! I’m happy! Glad I found an affordable place
Good luck finding a place

Yes yes yes I am on my 9th session and honestly it’s great! It’s quite expensive but worth it!
It’s painful but there’s a numbing cream you put before your session by 30 min

1 Like

Has my eyebrows done, I still have to get my eyebrows waxed :roll_eyes:

Side effect is hair loss

1 Like

Yes, only thinned it out!

It hurts, that’s it. Might be red for a bit but that’ll go. Speak to your physician if you’re worried.

No side effects and it’s the best money I’ve ever spent

Did it back in 2004 at Epiderma and never regretted it.

Laxer only removes thick black hair.

What brand of home kits work well??

And people feel dignity telling these things online. Smh at this society

1 Like

have had them done and its awesome

It’s incredible, best beauty decision I ever made for myself :heart:

Why do it old fashion way

I’m a medical esthetician laser tech and clinic manager of anyone has any questions and wants honest answers let me know! :slightly_smiling_face:

Amber-Lee Mitchell​:man_shrugging:t3::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Done it and love it!

Im sure u can google it

Best thing you will ever invest in!!

1 Like

I’m fair haired, it didn’t work for me

I am an esthetician and can give you solid advice. You must be the right candidate for this treatment. The darker the hair the easier the machine can zap the follicle. You must do it every 4 weeks 6 times. Most will need to do touchups annualy or semi annualy. Hair is stimulated when your hormones change unless the follicle is dead.

1 Like

After years of plucking, I invested $400 in 6 hair removals treatments and I am extremely satisfied with my results!! Would def do again!!

I did legs and underarms like 10 years ago, a few spots of my legs grew back but very thin hair, it was best Money I’ve ever spent, really worth it!!

1 Like

Just wait till you get old and you won’t have to worry about all that body hair except on your chin LOL

1 Like

It comes back after a few years
It will get lighter and go away a little while, but comes back. Not permanent at all.

1 Like

Best money I ever spent