PTSD and being around people

This is my first time posting. So, please, bear with me.
I have PTSD from childhood abuse and spousal abuse when I had gotten older. The diagnosis is about 6 years old, so still new. I do not take medication for it but work with grounding techniques. On top of the PTSD, I have severe social anxiety. A handful of people are fine, but once it gets too much, I have a panic attack. Some have gotten so bad that I would throw up. Some triggers are mixed with the smell that causes flashbacks and sometimes it is just too many people.

Now my problem. During the lockdown and pandemic, I gained a lot more weight than I care to admit. I feel unhealthy. I joined a gym, not only to get “back out there” but to get healthy. I try to go at times when it is mostly empty but still very uncomfortable. I am wondering how other people cope with working out around people. How do you block everything out? So far, I have 3 areas that I am comfortable going by, but still, panic if someone is close. (yeah I know, where to get back out there). How do I calm myself or how do you block it out?

Awe! I’m sorry hun!
I feel your pain tho fr fr! The struggle is real! Have you tried doing some grounding skills to cope when someone gets to be to close? Or try some of your other coping skills!?
i wish you the best of luck hun!