Pulmonary embolism

I was just wondering if anybody else had went through with the pregnancy after having A pulmonary embolism? In June I was 6 months pregnant and had a still birth. Doctors said they had no clue why everything looked right. Then 4 weeks after I gave birth I had severe pain on my right side under my breast. It turned out I had blood clots in my lungs. I got put on blood thinners for 3 months. I’ll be done them next month. I spoke to a gynaecologist she recommended that I do not have any more children because I could get a pulmonary embolism again because I already had one and that Puts you at risk. My family doctors thinks that this was a one time thing and said that I should be able to have another child in about a year. I’ve never heard of this, and I would love to have another child.

2 Likes

Welcome! Great question. I hope this helps a little.

What Every Woman Should Know About Pregnancy and Pulmonary Embolisms

2 Likes

I had my first born in 2013 and my PE in 2015. I got pregnant again in 2017 and I didn’t have a problem. They knew I had a P.E back in 2015 and monitored me the whole time. As long as they know when you first find out you are pregnant then they will monitor you. You can still have children just high risk as the doctors will put it.

2 Likes