Question about jury duty

If you were summoned for jury duty and put in an exclusion due to having a breastfeeding baby and a toddler and no babysitter, how long did it take for them to approve it? Or did you have to go to jury duty anyways?

1 Like

I had to go in courthouse sign a paper stating reason I also had no babysitter they excused me from it

Just breastfeed the whole time and have a boob out literally the whole time. Then bring all kids also. Inconvenient and a hassle, but I’d be curious to how long it would take to be dismissed.

1 Like

Usually a day or 2 where I live

You have to go, doesn’t mean you will be picked…

U haft too go too the court

I just encountered this same thing. Maybe it depends on the county and/or state, but they said there were zero exceptions and I would have to attend.

3 Likes

It all depends on the state you are living in and if there are any exemptions they accept. You are required by law to do service so I would reach out to your local court and ask what they accept for excusals many will only postpone your service sorry.

I mailed in a letter explaining the multitude of reasons I could not commit to jury duty and mailed it in. I received my letter of dismissal with in a few weeks.