Questions about getting tubes tied in Canada

People in Canada with there tubes tied. Was it worth it? Do you have any issues? Does it cost a lot to get them untied? I want to get my undone after two years. Way too much pain, heavier periods, and painful. I regret it.

1 Like

There us a five yr iud that you will not have periods. Can remove anytime to have another child. Much easier than tubes tied

1 Like

Iud was really worth it. Had it for 4 years never got pregnant and removed it a year ago and now pregnant

1 Like

Goodluck with finding a dr who will do it ! My main issue!

I had the Mirena IUD and had major issues.

1 Like

I had to beg for TEN YEARS to get em tied
My dr finally did it when I said I would be booking through a clinic
The IUD messed me up so bad (they inserted a hormone one not the copper one I was needing since hormonal birth control messes with me too bad) mine moved and I was bleeding and in pain for 6 weeks before my dr would even check me
He allowed it to basically shred me … for 6 weeks :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Getting your tubes tied is major abdominal surgery. It’s not like putting your hair up in a pony tail and taking it down at the end of the day. :woman_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

Reversal is not covered under our Healthcare. Cost is approx $5000
:canada:

2 Likes

I would look at other routes if you’re not intending to have it be a long term/permanent thing. There are things like mirena, nexplanon, even the copper iud. Those options can lighten or stop periods, but are removable at any time by pretty much any doctor and are much cheaper.

Could you try fixing your period instead I had great success with a Chinese Dr and naturopath increasing my progesterone and balancing my hormones. My periods are great now took about 3 or 4 months x

I regret getting mine tied. Doctor tried to fix one was to short to reach and other one never did anything. Don’t do it unless you don’t want anymore kids.

Getting your tubes tied is considered a permanent birth control bc the reversal is highly likely to fail. Consider the iud if you only want to temporarily lose fertility and having your tubes tied does not do anything to help your menstrual problems

I have gone through the same thing. Hormones are a complete mess now. Extremely heavy, painful periods with cramps that feel like contractions during birth. I had no idea how awful this would be. I regret it as well.

I have never been happier with my family completed no need to worry about pregnancy and honestly everything down there feels same as before

I mean, I’m in the US and its considered an elective procedure to get them.undone and it costs anywhere from 10-35,000 USD. And the chances of successfully getting pregnant after a reversal are slim. I had my tubes removed, and am probably looking at a partial hysterectomy within the next year or so because how bad my periods have gotten.