Questions about periods after giving birth

I had a preemie, a c-sec, and its been over 3 months and all my “downstairs” did was spot, and when i went to the washroom the toilet would be red but other than that nothing at all. I have went to the doctor and did pap ( was normal) and ultrasound to see if there was anything else in me from the baby ( not to sure yet of the results)… They did tests, cus i had a misscarrage b4 this baby and they didnt do a DNC and things left over from the baby fused on to my overies and i spoted and then bled out and had to be flown to the city… And i dont want that to happen and im just wondering if anyone had a long wait for their monthly non friend and what not.

16 Likes

It can take up to a year for your period to be normal after a baby

Are you breastfeeding?

A lot of people go through pains in their relationships it’s hard to give up on true love, sometimes we pretend to be fine but we are not, fighting to get the one we love is also fighting to get back our joy and . Dr Mamudu to help the broken hearts for he’s capable and able to get your EX lovers, partners, wife and husband back with he’s powerful love spells. Get in touch with him via through his ommEmail address :drmamudu47@gmail. com Or WhatsApp:+2348143284524
Thanks.

I don’t think she means her monthly cycle I think she means her postpartum bleeding. I’ve never had a c-section so I’m not sure what’s normal after you give birth. I know with my vaginal births I bled for weeks. Hopefully everything is ok and this is normal for you.

I didnt get mine for 4 1/2 years ,but I was nursing heavily my 1st child and new baby,oh I got pregnant with my second baby without even having a period be careful it happens even when you have no period, you still ovulate.I didnt know that I was pregnant for 2 1/2 months. Hope that helps…

I have a 3 c sections. I also breast freed my baby and I had this exact thing happen with my first 2 c sections. When I went to my doctor they said because I breast feed it would take longer to see my monthly non friend again. I’m not sure if you are breast feeding but that could be it.

1 Like

I had 3 csections, I also breastfed. I didn’t get my period for like a year after having my first 2. I got nexplanon put in a month after I had my third one so I haven’t had a period in over 3 years now.

1 Like

I breastfed on demand with my son. He was also an emergency C-section. I did not go on birth control after him bc my husband had a vasectomy. I went 17 MONTHS before I had my period again. I was also worried something was wrong. Apparently it can be normal if you are breastfeeding on demand and through the night. It was awesome not to have a period though.

You could ask for a hysteroscopy (sp) to make sure you don’t have scar tissue preventing you from having normal cycles. I’m not sure if you’re breastfeeding but if you are that can effect your cycle.

From what my doctor said if you breastfeed It can be delayed until you stop, otherwise it could be anytime after 6(ish)weeks. But Everyone’s different and so many things that can factor into when it comes back

Mine was off after every kid and I’ve had three. More than likely everything is fine your body is just trying to get back to normal and that can take time.

I haven’t had a c section but after my son was born I didn’t have the postpartum bleeding I did with my daughters it was more just spotting for a couple days here and there.

Are you breastfeeding? I didn’t have mine for the entire time I nursed with both of my kids.

2 Likes

If you are breastfeeding it can stop you from having your period. I spotted off and on the first few months after my csection. Then I didn’t have an actual period til my son had turned 1.

Yeah I breast fed and I didn’t have one until I stopped. I’ve had 2 natural and 1 C-section. Last one was my C-section. They all got teeth really early so I’ve never breast fed longer than 4 months

If you breastfeed it can take awhile before you will see your period again. Also it can depend on how fast your hormones go back to normal to get your period back. And if you are on birth control. Many different factors can cause the delay of getting your period again.

My son is 13 months old and I have fully breastfed and even now with him eating he still breastfeeds alot and i have not had any periods but one not long after he was born. Doc said it’s normal and to continue b.c. methods

I had a c section at 35 weeks and my period didn’t return for a year, but when it did return it’s completely normal and regular since.

I didn’t start my period again until my son was 9-10 months old. I was also breastfeeding which played a role, but it was a while before i started.

As many stated if you’re breastfeeding you may not get a cycle for quite some time, but remember YOU CAN STILL GET PREGNANT!

1 Like

I have had 3 c sections. My period returned about 4 months with the first 2 because i didnt breastfeed with my last at 6 months it showed up. But i breastfed that one dont worry it will come

I didn’t have a period for over a year after I had my son because I was breastfeeding. So maybe that is your case too

If your that worried talk to your doctor and voice your concerns not every person is going to be the same

From the look of the comments everyone is different in this area. I bled for a month straight after both kids, one vaginal and one c section. I also breastfed during that time. After that awful month they went back to a normal period until I got on birth control (miraina) then they stopped completely.

If you have gone to doctor and awaiting test results, that is who you ask for answers…

1 Like

Birth control will regulate that. Well normally does?

My friend also had this issue. It was almost 6 months before she had a regular

They may have cleaned you out when they did the C-section. Ask your doctor about that.

1 Like

If you are vreastfeeding that can keep you from having your cycle, i didnt have mine for about a year. Did you have the regular “heavy” bleeding after delivery?

If you are nursing, that can affect your cycle.

My son just turned 5 months and I still have had a period, I’ve called my doctor she isn’t concerned. Also not breastfeeding

It was about 3 months forme before a real period showed up.

If you are breastfeeding, you might not have a period until you stop breastfeeding.

Are you breast feeding? It is common to not have your period if you breast feed

See a urologist. If it’s only when using the bathroom it could be your bladder

It can take up to a year for your body to get back to normal and its usual cycle after giving birth regardless of how you gave birth. For some women it can take up to 2 years. Give it more time

You could have fibroids and/or endometrial polyps. A transvaginal ultrasound is used to diagnose.

are you breastfeeding? if so is super normal until you stop breast feeding i was a year breastfeeding n no period :+1::partying_face:

if not might be your hormones after i stop producing milk my period didn’t come for two months and lasted almost a month :woman_facepalming:t2:

wait a bit and see if anything else changes in your body… probably your body still adjusting n thinking the baby is a inside still … :thinking:

if anything wait a month or so and check for pregnancy? not sure but that happened to my fiend two months after her baby … so you never know i just think is too soon

I had a C-section and my baby is 1 year old and still no period.

My lil girl is 13 months and I still haven’t had a period

My last boy is nearly a year and I still have nothing. Long may it last :joy:

I did, and I was pregnant again!

I had struggle relationship with my husband in the past which led to divorce with my first husband. After i and my ex husband got divorced, i had another chance to re-marry again and just 5 years of my second marriage there was another divorce which almost killed me emotionally. I stayed for another two years been unmarried and a single mother. Honestly I wasn’t really happy it because every woman need a man in her life, there was a time i saw my first husbands photo and i realized how much i loved him and have missed him. I tried to get to him but i was told that he moved on with his life and we may never been together again. I wept bitterly that night thinking i have lost the man that i have had so much love for. I asked for advise on what to do and a friend of mine gave me a contact of Dr mamudu Solution Temple, i consulted him and to his very best with his powerful spells he helped me with a Reunion Marriage Love Spell to returned my ex husband back to me, in just 9 days i had enchanter with a spiritual reunion prayers with priest Dr mamudu everything turn around for good in my life, I am now happily living with my first husband again and sort out the divorce issues. with the help of Dr mamudu temple, his a man of wisdom and care. Thanks and i appreciate all the help you have rendered to get my ex husband back into my life again. I testify here today that Dr mamudu temple is powerful it can resolve all problem in a broken relationship with love once. contact him for solutions to any kind of relationship problem. Email…(drmamudu47@gmail. com) You can also call him or add him on WhatsApp +2348143284524

Am very happy to get my lover back after 3 years of broken up, it was not ease with me and my kids but since i contacted Dr oboh my lover came back to me without no delay. contact Dr oboh if you want your lover back or ex back home in peace and joy via dr [email protected] or whatapp on +2348143147936

1 Like