Questions for mamas who use the diva cup

I use a menstrual cup, and I’ll never go back to tampons.

I use the flex disc. Better than the cup! Mess free period sex!

How do you clean it?

1 Like

What the hell is a diva cup?

Not diva, mine was much cheaper but oh so worth it!!! Love it!

To me it’s gross …I’d rather a pad I don’t like tampons either …I’m a super heavy bleeder thou …

2 Likes

Is there any risk of TSS?

Menstrual cups worldwide is a great Facebook group! Highly recommend.

1 Like

I love my HoneyPot cup. Beats our disposables all day!

I love mine and my sis uses one now too and likes it better.

Love my lilycup. Its easier and more flexible than the divacup IMO.

I love it, definitely changed life for the better

I don’t have diva but I do use a cup I took the quiz at putacupinit.com to get a good one for me and I love it.

Never tried it. It looks seriously uncomfortable

I love mine. Wish I had started using it sooner.

Do any of you ladies that use the cup have super heavy periods and it’s fine? I’m so heavy I wear super plus tampons with a pad. I also have terrible fibroids during my cycle. I’m so paranoid that the cup wouldn’t be enough.

My daughter uses it and loves it

I’ve tried multiple times, sticking to my tampons!

I use the lena cup and love it! Game changer!

I have always wanted to know is it uncomfortable

My 17 year old loves it!

Lena cup, game changer. I can’t do with out it now

I got thinx panties… and was a little weirded out to try it… I LOVE THEM.

Flex cup with the pull tab all the way!

I have to friends that swear by it.

YES! It’s life changing!

I switched to the flex cups and they are awesome! Still disposable, wear for 12 hours (they will drain when you potty), super comfy!

2 Likes

I liked my diva cup but I LOVE my soft discs

I replaced my old one with this one and it’s WAY easier to remove

I love mine! It took a few try’s to get it right but I’ve had the same one for 3 years now they can last up to 10 years but I’ll probably replace mine in 2 more years. But I get less cramps than I did with tampons and I never have any leakage

1 Like

I got a June cup for like $9 (with shipping). It’s a definite learning curve but I like it

I don’t use the diva cup but I do use a different cup. I love it! I definitely recommend it

I used the flex cup for the first time my last cycle and i liked it for the most part. I would use a pad at night and a few times here and there and it did make me cramp a bit. I k ow you were asking about the diva cup but the flex cup us similar. Purchased at target

1 Like

I prefer the soft cup disposable brand. The diva cup freaked me out a bit when a sort of suction happened and I couldnt quite grasp it to remove it. Left me traumatized. Soft cup has been around longer, and fits a little more comfortably too

I use the diva cup and I also have a June cup and a pixie cup. I am 1000% #teamcup. Rule 1 always use lube. Your vagina will thank you for it! Rule 2 try different folds. Rule 3 remember that your cervix can/does change positioning depending on that day of the month. Rule 4 try different positions while inserting. Find what’s comfortable for you and what works best. Rule 5 use a panty liners just in case. Sometimes you will have some discharge from the “junk” that is around the cup.

I hope this helps. My experience is i absolutely love the cup. It’s a bit weird at first getting to know your vagina and all it’s glory every month, but once you get the hang of it you’re golden! I only wouldn’t go back to pads/tampons as my cup is my best weapon in the uterus demon war.

2 Likes

This quiz will help you find the cup right for you.

Jasmine Joyce Brown…something to think about with your cramping :thinking:

Lena cup is my favorite!!

They’re disgusting if you ask me nothing more than pulling it out and all the blood pouring all over yourself or putting it in wrong and having blood pour out everywhere

2 Likes

I used one like it when I needed to I loved it

Check this site out before you purchase!

It has lots of info on different brands and helps you figure out what cup would work best for you. Diva cup is a well known one, but there’s tons of different brands. Different sizes, lengths, firmness. Also the quality of silicone they use varies between brands. Do some research on the different types. YouTube videos are awesome for explaining a lot of things. I’m looking into getting my first cup, and almost impulsively bought a diva cup (most available one) but very glad I didn’t, because there’s a good chance it wouldn’t have worked for me. Good luck!

I know it wasn’t your question but I love Thinx underwear for at least the liner days!

I’ve tried and EVERY SINGLE TIME it looks like a scene from a horror movie, doesn’t matter what size I use or how often I empty it

I’ve tried a few styles and brands of cups. I had a difficult time finding a good fit do to some unique anatomy issues from previous conditions and surgeries. I also have PCOS and endometriosis, so that made things a little extra tricky with my trial and error process.
I bought Talsi cups from amazon, since they were a low price point and included two sizes for me to try (which gave me a little more direction on what I needed/fit).
I also really enjoy reusable cloth pads and liners. I know that’s not a thing everyone gets into, like cloth diapers, but I appreciate their convenience, economical and environment savings aspect and they seem to be more gentle on my sensitive skin.
Sometimes if I’m gone for an extended length of time or somewhere that I might not have regular access to clean restrooms (like a road trip), I still use disposable items.

I’ve had several friends use the diva cup and other brands for years with little to no issues.

1 Like

My 16 year old uses it. She loves it. Boil to clean it. Great savings,also she has heavy periods but has had no problems

Love it! I don’t cramp as much with it. It is cleaner. So much better! Takes a few days to get used to so I had a pad while learning it but now I’m great.

I love mine also. I have used it for more than 6 months. It was definitely worth the money.

I LOVE IT!! Took a bit to get the hang of it but it’s the only thing that doesnt add to my pain at that time!! Plus it saves so much money

is this product good for teens