Questions for single mamas who are dating

If he left when he realized he couldn’t sleep with you right away you’re not missing out on anything best to just remember the experience and move on lovely

Guy sounds like a total
Douche bag!! Don’t second guess yourself …after my divorce And I went back on the scene again I noticed guys are literally just trying to fuck! Lol most of those dating apps are just that! You saved yourself some misery with that loser.

It depends on what you’re looking for. Obviously he was looking for a hookup, or booty call contact to keep in his book. If you’re looking for a relationship that will last beyond sex, and won’t just be based on sex, then you need to develop that relationship BEFORE thinking about sex.

I’m old school, but not so old school that I don’t understand a desire to, once you’ve developed a relationship over time, want to see if you’re compatible physically … but a relationship isn’t all about sex, it’s about so many other things, including giving and receiving respect. Most of all, respect yourself. When the time is right for you, you’ll know it. Any guy who isn’t willing to wait, or crawls all over you pressuring you, isn’t worth your time. Keep in mind that you can’t blame a guy for trying, but the ones who are worth having will respect you enough to back off, and will respect you more for respecting yourself.

You better off fuck that

Men now a days don’t want commitment, they just want sex

You need to read Act Like A Lady, Think Like a Man.

Not worth the effort. All he wants is sex. Should wait at a minimum several months. Actually until marriage is best. Good sex needs a commitment.

NO!!! If a man’s worth it, they’ll wait, without pressure. I always say “if you want to know if he really loves you, take away sex” and it’s the truth!! :clap: Best​:clap:thing :clap:you :clap:could :clap:have :clap:done!! Weed out the losers!! Don’t give in!! Respect yourself MoMA!!

Girl, I waited a few months before having sex with my now husband. I think it should be when you are comfortable, it shouldn’t be rushed… I also don’t think it’s fair for him to make you feel that way. No matter how often you and him talked, you only knew each other for two weeks, 4 dates. I like to think like this, “would I want my daughter giving in to sex on only the fourth date? Or to have more self worth and stick to what feels right to her?”’ Hope this helps you!

You wait till you are ready. The right man will respect your decision and wait till you are ready.

He only hung out with you because he wanted to sleep with you. End of story . Some are there for a good time not a long time. You did the right thing

Sometimes a person is only in it for that though and if they’re not getting it, they bail… Completely fine… Just have that conversation up front

No, someone who respects you will respect your desire to go slow. If they can’t respect you in the beginning/honeymoon stage they will not respect you later
And worse if you give in, not only do they not respect you but your not respecting yourself and your values.
If you have these guidelines and break them, what more would you break for them later on.
You’ll find someone who respects you

23 Likes

sorry hun but sounds like you missed the bullet. being single and a mom is hard enough. but this is on him. if he was willing to build something lasting then it wouldn’t have mattered date one or 200.

15 Likes

He clearly didn’t respect you. Girl, you wait as long as what makes you comfortable. My man waited 3 months for me and now we are the happiest couple as well as best friends. Always respect yourself and the right man will too. :sparkling_heart:

8 Likes

Unfortunatly a lot of guys seem to think that unless a girl is willing to put out early on then they move on to the next one who is ready to play the game . he is the one that is being a jerk .find someone who is willing to take it slow until you feel ready and comfortable to do the wild thing .

5 Likes

Proof he just wanted in your pants. Had you given in you probably wouldn’t have heard from him either. He would have gotten what he wanted and you still wouldn’t have heard from him again. It’s good to take things slow to keep from getting hurt. Plus you being a mama you want to find the right person. Too many dangerous people out there so you want to be sure you can trust a person around your child. When your dating with a child your not just trying to find a good guy for you. Your also trying to find a good role model for your kiddo. You did the right thing taking things slow. Take your time and be super picky about who you choose for a partner and a role model figure for your child.

8 Likes

All men aren’t like that. If he’s that big of a baby and pout over that imagine how he would be in the future.
Kind of controlling I think.

2 Likes

NO!! you didnt do ANYTHING wrong! He was only after that 1 thing and didnt get it. Stay strong and true to yourself!!!

4 Likes

Why date someone who can’t respect your rules? If he can’t wait then he was going to most likely hit it and quit it. So you just weeded out the bad before it truly started.

7 Likes

You did the right thing. He was definitely just after sex. Wait for the right one. God has already made him for you. You just have to be patient and keep respecting yourself

5 Likes

I believe the best relationships start with friendship, not sex. Because there comes a point in time, for many reasons, sex could stop or slow down. If there isn’t that strong connection thru friendship, what is left without the sex??? Friendship also has a deep respect for one another. You dodge a bullet for sure. He would have done this either way unfortunately.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t stress him too much. Respect yourself and move on.

2 Likes

He obviously doesnt care what your boundaries are. If he did care he wouldn’t have just stopped talking to you because you didnt give in to sex. I think a lot of people have gotten used to putting out on first dates. There is no playbook. You only do whatever you are comfortable with. If you are quick to jump in bed then that’s your decision. There aren’t rules for this sort of thing. If it feels right you wont have to question it. Sorry he did that to you, that’s shitty.

2 Likes

Be you…if you were not comfortable having sex yet and he is acting like that he is not the one for you

2 Likes

That’s God protecting you sis :heart: hold on for someone that will respect you

Chances are you dodged a bullet. Someone who actually cares will respect you wishes

3 Likes

You said magic words HE TALKED A GOOD GAME it was a game. Wait unless YOU’RE HORNEY DO WHAT YOU WANT!

2 Likes

Trust me. You dodged a bullet. You don’t need that in your life. Expect him to blow up on you in a little while though and make it all your fault. Don’t give in.

3 Likes

Seriously? A man who really loves you, or want something serious with u never will rush you into sex, a good man waits. And the answer to your question is yes, if you had slept with him, he would have gone the same way.

1 Like

No way! If he didnt want to wait, he is NOT worth your time!!

YOU did the RIGHT thing. It’s just too bad his mother never taught him any better. Move on.

2 Likes

No, that guy sounds like a tool and you dodged a bullet!

1 Like

Men use women so badly! You deserve a lot better!

1 Like

You should contact him & ask HIM these questions, if that’s possible.

1 Like

I don’t know if I should be commenting. As a man, of course we want sex, LOL. But for the right person and right situation you should never be pressured. He is the problem and just proved that you should bail and he is not for you. Or I should say you are better than him. You dodged a bullet by bailing and not sleeping with him. Your only mistake was waking him to tell him you were leaving.

5 Likes

Maybe you should have had sex early on and if he was terrible in the sack u could have moved on and not wasted any more of ur time lol

2 Likes

Single parents should not date

4 Likes

Well if that’s all they want they’re not worth going out with Ed know you didn’t wait too long to give him sex you do it when it feels right for you both

Weight until you are ready. All men aren’t that way. RESPECT.

1 Like

Hells no make them wait 2 weeks at least

He’s just not that into you…read it …watch it

That’s probably all he wanted. Single mom thinking easy bait

1 Like

Nowadays They are not looking for a relationship they’re just looking for sex

1 Like

You did the right thing

1 Like

No! If sex was all he wanted you didn’t need him!

Do your own thing. No matter what

You did the right thing

Dodged a bullet on that one…

1 Like

The right person will respect you enough to wait until you’re ready. Sex was all he was interested in, so good job. That’s how you weed out the lovers and find Mr. Right!

2 Likes

Stick to your guidelines…

I do not have sex outside of marriage. It took a while to find someone who would respect that, but I wouldn’t change it for the world. You have a right to say “no” to whomever you want to, whenever you want to. If he makes you feel guilty or pressured, he needs to step off!

1 Like

Nope, you met the wall of his effort to get sex.

Nope you did the right thing!!! Only whores sleep with guy on 1st date!!!

She absolutely did the right thing!

1 Like

You definitely did the right thing.

he only wanted sex not you better off without a loser like him

Live and learn that’s what I always say you’ll no what’s right for you! Never blame yourself when it’s a party of to or more! Sad part alot of us go looking for a relationship ! But that doesn’t mean you’ll find the right one right off the back! Focusing on yourself is the best part of growth! Everything at it’s due time they’ll either respect that or not but dont blame yourself for someone else’s short comings! That’s just my opinion! Good luck we all need it some times.

1 Like

Nope, you did nothing wrong. Unfortunately, it’s how horrible the generation is with dating… most of these boys, cause I cannot and will not call them men, will talk a good game and make you fall into believing their a great guy to only turn around and act like that. You move on your terms and when you’re comfortable and they should respect that!

Girl, find someone better. My man and I, both as single parents, went through halfway through October, until Thanksgiving just talking and dating, feeling each other out. No kissing, no sex, barely holding hands. And we waited a couple more months to introduce our kids. Going on almost 3 years now and getting married in august. You can find amazing ones that respect you

1 Like

That happened to me a few years ago- push past move on, he just didn’t want to invest the time in a relationship- you deserve better

Nope. Don’t give in just because he wants you to. Don’t ever be afraid to lose a man over saying no. A good respectful man will wait as long as you want. Others are a waste of your time. If they can’t respect your decision then they can walk on.

7 Likes

It’s better to not hear from him again after not having sex than to give him sex and never hear from him again. After two weeks… obviously that’s all he was worried about… seems typical of guys now days.
On to the next… have fun and don’t worry about someone who isn’t worried about you.

3 Likes

There’s no such thing as waiting too long if you’re not ready. Don’t ever let anyone put an expiry date on you just because you won’t have sex with them.

6 Likes

I’ve been dating off and on for a couple years now​:weary:. Most of the people I have talked to and dated did this. It hasn’t mattered if I had sex on the first date or waited a month or so. I’ve wondered if I’m doing something wrong but I think ppl just suck these days. :disappointed_relieved:

Steve Harvey’s 90 day rule is the best. Don’t give up the cookies!

Lol they are always really nice and caring and chivalrous when they wanna get in your pants. You did nothing wrong. You do what you feel comfortable to do!

1 Like

Nope you did not screw it up. You can wait as long as you want to have sex in a relationship! A good man will respect your decision!

6 Likes

I don’t think this
man is a keeper.
He did not show respect. How can the trust and love even
begin.

Nope, if your not comfortable waiting and he keeps pushing. Nice knowing you dude, but it’s not going to work if you can’t wait.

He was only looking for sex to begin with… he never had any plans on staying with you from the beginning. You dodged a bullet. Consider yourself blessed.

4 Likes

I support your choices. If you are not there, do not be intimidated.

3 Likes

You definitely done the right thing. Even if you hear from him now jog him on. Sounds like a jerk :wave:

Nope! He can go to the nearest corner for his next fix :unamused:

2 Likes

Do what YOU want if you’re not ready then you aren’t ready so don’t feel like you must have sex to keep him because if that’s the case for him LET HIM GO he’s not worth it move on to someone that will respect you and your decision to wait

A real man will respect your choice of not having sex

Hell no it’s not a thing at all

No if it’s all about getting laid he is not the one sis

Nope if YOU aren’t ready and he ghosts you…u dodged a bullet

2 Likes

Sounds like a tool. Good thing he showed his true face early imagine having sex with him then he peaces out…bye fool.

Gross, no you’re better off!!

Girl my bf waited as long as he had to for me… we both agreed no sex until we were both ready. If he’s not willing to wait and respect your limits I’d be red flagging my ex’s started like that perfect gentlemen treated me good but pushed for sex so fast… and all of them were manipulative narcissistic sociopaths… just my experience though

Trust me you did nothing wrong, you have respect for yourself and stay true to yourself, it doesn’t look good at all if you sleep with a man on the first date or second being a Mom , what does that say about you if you did. If he is truly interested he will wait

1 Like

Four dates is nothing! I’ve made past bfs wait months to get into bed. You cant get to know someone in four dates, sorry. If they really like you for you (and not what’s in your pants) they respect waiting and do so until you’re ready, whether it’s four dates or four hundred. You dodged a bullet with that A hole. My husband and I waited and dated for 5 months while we got to know each other better, despite knowing him for 5 years before that. He respected my wishes to wait and now we’ve been together almost 6 years, married almost 2. Find a man who will respect you and your body!

Absolutely not! No respect at all. Count yourself lucky!

1 Like

Sometimes I am confused why this site is called My husband is a blessing!

1 Like

Both of my long term relationship and marriage I wasn’t comfortable for about 9 months. But hey if they really love and respect you they will wait. I know that’s quite a while to make someone wait but it’s me. Self care and self love

No someone who respects you will not care if you don’t put out for months. Just put that lil boy behind you and move on !

I’m old school, and religious, I wouldn’t have sex until I was married. If all they want is sex, they aren’t going to be the husband and father you need.

1 Like

He was probably playing the field and got a home run off of another pitcher.

1 Like

You’re not the one who made a mistake, he is. If he had respect for you and was considering a relationship with you he would have waited …sounds like he was just out for a piece

He got tired of pretending he was a good guy…the real always comes out!!! Don’t change yourself for no one!!!

You dodged a bullet sweetie. There is men who talk a great game do the right moves and once they get sex their gone. Wait for the one who doesnt mind waiting

Ok, no kids here, but seriously it sounds like sex is all he wanted and you should not put up with that and you don’t need to have it until you are ready. If he’s that immature and uninterested in you as a person, you are better off without that stuff. You deserve basic respect and not to be treated poorly because you didn’t give him what he wants when he wants. I would say move on, as hard as it can be to do that.

Do not change yourself to suit the world. You’ll find someone who will be glad to wait until your ready. Don’t settle.

No ,when its right you’ll know ,dont let anyone pressure you into anything your not comfortable with . Sounds to me like he was kind of jerk anyway ,only interested in sex .

I was a Single Mom, (REMARRIED this past October) and NO MA’AM you stick to you’re standards! I dated my husband for 2 MONTHS before I slept with him! Too many men today acting like a Movie ticket or an icecream cone ENTITLES them to sex!

1 Like

No ! You are NOT the problem…many men do this- and often They won’t continue dating You…if You DO have sex ! Too many of them are only looking…for that. Not a long term or Serious Loving relationship ! Problem is: There is NO Way to know the Ones wanting Love & a long term relationship ! But…IF they keep seeing You even w/o Sex…then THEY MAY BE WANTING A RELATIONSHIP AND GENUINELY ARE READY FOR THAT TOO!
Most…are NOT and Only want a short fling- and to Use and Prey on WOMEN ! THIS IS WAY TOO COMMON !

You dodged a total ass. Congratulations on your good judgement!

Just call “next!” You don’t need someone like that