Questions for single mamas who are dating

Hi all! Dating after several years out of the game, and as a single Mom.I had been seeing someone, only for about two weeks. The first week, we talked on the phone every night, and in the second week, we started to hang out. Once for ice cream, once for a movie night, once for lunch, and then once I went to his place to hang out. On that fourth date, he clearly wanted to have sex (I had already turned him down the previous two because we barely knew each other), and the fourth date, I also had my period, so… I told him that, and he never spoke one more word to me. He fell asleep for several hours on the couch, I woke him to tell him I was leaving, and I never heard from him again. Is this a thing? Did I wait “too long” to give in to sex? I’ve been out of the dating game for a while, but I’ve never been someone who sleeps with a man after only a handful of dates. He talked a super good game—got to know me, remembered all of the little details about my life, opened car doors, was a super great communicator. I’m totally second-guessing myself now—like, if I had slept with him, maybe we’d still be dating, but also, who treats someone like that? Do you all think I totally screwed this up?

37 Likes

Trust yourself, if he can’t wait for you then he’s not the right one.

10 Likes

Nah, get you a man that respects your boundaries

9 Likes

You do not have to have sex until your ready to. Dump any guy that does that shit.

Oh no please don’t think like this. Your body your choice but I think he just talk for himself. You are too good for him. Sex is not to be rush.

3 Likes

Glad you didn’t sleep with him! He doesn’t deserve it if he’s acting like that. Good job.

8 Likes

You didn’t do a thing wrong. His loss, move on.

2 Likes

Nahh, you did nothing wrong. I was similar with my now boyfriend of 3 years. Never once did he pressure me for sex, and even when I said no, his behavior towards me never changed.

5 Likes

You will know when it is the right time for you to have sex. Anyone who isn’t willing to wait for you isn’t the right person for you.

1 Like

No no no girl. You don’t have sex by a timeline.
If you didn’t want it/ weren’t comfortable then you ABSOLUTELY did the right thing. If he can’t respect that, then it’s his loss.

By the way he completely dropped you, I’m assuming he would’ve done the same thing after he got what he wanted :woman_shrugging:t3:

We’ve all been there girl. You do what’s best for you. Someone better will come along that will respect you the way you deserve :heart:

23 Likes

You do what is right for you.

1 Like

No he’d have done the same regardless so wait for a man who respects you and no some dickhead who will jump on anything with a pulse .

5 Likes

I dated the man I was with for 6 months before we even had sex. And he never pushed it once just waited for me to ask for it pretty much haha but he’s the best man I’ve ever dated and he’s wonderful with my daughter who he lets her call her daddy at least her real dad is in prison and won’t be in the picture. That guy unfortunately more the likely wasn’t going to keep communicating with you even if you had sex.

4 Likes

Nah. Clearly an asshole and only wanted one thing. Coming back into the fishing hole is rough. Good luck

No never give away your cash and prizes to soon I do the chossing

1 Like

Girl no- he’s the problem not you.

No. His loss. If a guy is really interested in you as a person this wouldn’t have changed the way he felt. You dodged a bullet in my opinion.

LOL not all dudes are like that. I think it’s a good thing you’re making them wait and seeing the outcome before you decide it’s time.

You should NEVER give in to sex, EVER.
If you don’t want to, don’t. I don’t care if you’re dating or married. You are not obligated to have sex at any time, ever.

6 Likes

If you slept with him, he would still be gone, hes in the game for sex with different women only…

8 Likes

That’s the game a lot of guys play these days. Act super interested in your life and all the little details only to still want one thing from you. You dodged a bullet!

6 Likes

Who would want a man like that ? Wait for the right one . You need to be extra careful . Many people have STD’s out there and you don’t want to catch that ! Be thankful he’s out of your life !

3 Likes

No, he’s just a douchebag. That right there is a major red flag. You definitely are better off without him! ONLY sleep with someone when YOU ARE READY. The right person will GLADLY wait until you give your full consent and are TRULY ready!

2 Likes

Nope it isn’t you… It was all GAME… NEXT

2 Likes

I’m a single mom of two. And I’ve been out of the dating game for about 2 years now and sometimes I’ll feel like I’m ready for another relationship but then I start talking to someone and right away I find out they just want to sleep with me. And that’s happened a few times now. We are just in a hookup culture, ive realized, very few men want to be in a real relationship nowadays…which sucks for women who want to be in a real relationship… if you are wanting more than just sex you did the right thing not sleeping with him.

9 Likes

Hes a jerk. Leave him alone.

1 Like

He clearly was only after 1 thing. Good riddance.

1 Like

U were talking for two weeks. If he couldn’t wait then I’m assuming that was just his goal in the first place and he’s bullshit.

Sadly this is how most boys are anymore don’t lose hope

2 Likes

It seems like you waited too long huh? But guess what. He honestly would have been gone if you gave him the goods or not. Don’t worry. He probably had a shrimp dick anyway :kissing_heart:

11 Likes

Men do not give up if ur what they want

5 Likes

Dodged a bullet I’d say

2 Likes

Us women must stop this “this is what I’m supposed to do” “this is what they expect” we all go at our own pace… I’m glad you waited maybe it has taught all single women on here to take their time to make sure this person is the right one.

3 Likes

When I first met my now husband we talked for over a year before we even hung out after we hung out we waited 6 weeks to “make love” dont give in too soon, however maybe he just wanted sex?

He should like a certified f***boy. Find you a good man. With good morals. Think it it this way, would you want a man like that for your daughter? It would you want your son to be that type of man? If the answer is no, keep searching till you find him!

1 Like

Ew no you copped yourself a certified fuck boy. To hell with him don’t even bother.

What a jerk!
You’ll know when your ready :wink::revolving_hearts:

I wouldn’t speak to him seems
Like all he wanted from you was sex that’s not a gentleman and you didn’t screw this up

1 Like

You dodged a bullet sis

6 Likes

If he left from you not giving sex, he would’ve left you anyways

2 Likes

Nope. You did right.

Stand your ground and stick to your morals!!! He sounds like an asshole. You are worth the wait. Remember that.

Did you have the conversation about what you expect? Like bluntly in black and white? Did you mention that you’d prefer to date him for a couple
Months before sleeping together? If not it could look ( even though it’s not ) like you are playing him. I was really
Honest from the start. Some stayed some left only one made the grade. It was a horrible five years. Don’t give up. Sometimes the ones that disappear have other reasons. Personal experiences. Hugs. Don’t chase him or any man. Your worth the world

You didn’t do anything wrong. Sleep with them or not, a lot of them are just “hanging” out to have fun, once it’s not fun anymore, they ghost you. I honestly had given up on finding a meaningful relationship after being single (only dating casually) for almost 7 years. I met my husband one night at a bar, he and his BFF were really fun to hang out with, we decided to hang out a few more times at the bar. We then moved on to hanging out other places. I honestly thought nothing of it, just a cool friend, for months… one night we finally kissed and we’ve been together ever since, (still made him wait a few weeks for sex). My long story is just me saying, it happens when your aren’t expecting it and usually with someone you’re not expecting. Good luck!!

1 Like

Unfortunately that’s how most men are not all. You will know when it’s the right time

You do not need to justify your reasons for sleeping or not sleeping with someone. Be thankful he showed his true colors before you got in to deep. If the connection is really there, it will happen when it happens. Be patient with yourself :heart:

7 Likes

Seems clear that he’s just not for you. You’re not for him. Two different people.

He just likes the hookups. Which is okay. Not everyone needs or wants a relationship or even wants to be heavily involved with someone who has kids. You’re very different and that’s okay too. You’ll find your kind of person in time.

3 Likes

I had been out of the dating seen for awhile, had the same thing happen to me. He got over it real quick and we have been married 4 years. Stand up for what you feel is right!!

No way! If he never responded because you didn’t sleep with him on HIS time table…you’re so much better off.

Nope, don’t ever blame yourself. If a guy is really into u, he will still talk to u. It’s not u, it’s him, he’s probably a player.

You didn’t wait too long, if he stopped talking to you because you “waited too long” he obviously only wanted sex in the first place.

Even if you gave it up, he would have been onto the next quest for vagina.

The trash took itself out!!! That guy wasn’t worth your time. And yes, there are a lot of game playing fuckboys out there. I was in a 14 year relationship and a year after it ended I started dating again and even tried a dating site. I am 50 and even the men my age and older are still like that. I did meet someone on the dating site, that I’ve been with a year, and he is wonderful. You have to weed through them and take your time. Listen to everything they say and pay attention. They will show you who they are, you just have to believe it and keep on moving to the next. You can meet someone good, but you have to be willing to say goodbye to the wrong ones in a heartbeat.

Screwed it up? Or dodged a bullet? Someone that feels entitled to sex after two weeks is not someone who wants to put in the work for a long term relationship. You dodged a bullet!

3 Likes

You sleep with someone when you’re comfortable and ready, not a second before. If he can’t wait for you to be ready he doesn’t deserve you.

2 Likes

The only reason he seemed invested was because he was trying to get into your pants. Plain and simple. Any man that values, respects you, and wants a relationship with you will care about your feelings regarding anything - including sex. You’re better off never speaking to him again.

8 Likes

You wait however long you see fit, everyone is different and the right guy will have respect for you and wait.

1 Like

You definitely dodged a bullet!

8 Likes

Nope you did very well. If he was really interested he would still be calling you. Be glad you didn’ t go there.

3 Likes

Well if you’re not ready for sex and he’s not willing to wait find someone else. Of course he’s gonna act super interested because he wants sex. Don’t second guess yourself for not sleeping with him. If he respected you he would not push the issue and he’d accept no as an answer.

5 Likes

Seems like he would have stopped talking you either way, sooner if you would have given in. he’s a douche, let him go. I’ve been thru it, on both sides, holding out and giving in. Doesn’t really matter which way you go they’re only going to talk to you if they want to. Remember women sleep with who they want. men sleep with who they can. You do you girl, and keep your standards. Make them rise to yours

6 Likes

Nope, dont give up the goods (unless you want to of course). Most of the guys out there act like this now. They talk a really damn good game, but when they cant push you into something, they run, and make you second guess a lot of stuff. I was talking to somebody for a few days recently, we were having a conversation via text because my son was still awake when my mom called to say hi to us. I got off of the phone 15 MINUTES LATER and had like 8 messages from him, one of which said that I was a terrible communicator and that I shouldn’t just walk away in the middle of a conversation.

Pshhh, honey I’m a single mom who was talking to my mom for a few minutes, if you cant handle that because you’re a stage five clinger, let me show you to the door.

Keep trying because I think that there has to be some good MEN still out there, just be weary and use good judgement. A red flag is a red flag, dont try to chalk them up to be something else.

Take all the time you want :heart: the right man will have no problem waiting.

5 Likes

Sounds like a dog if all he wanted to do was bury his bone. :woman_shrugging:t2:

6 Likes

A guy like that would be shit out of luck with me, I’m waiting until marriage.

I would make it a rule to wait until it’s been several months. 3-4 months at minimum because if they think you’re worth it they’ll think you’re worth the wait

7 Likes

Don’t rush sex with someone if he can’t except no hes not worth it he might of just used u for sex and left anyway.in my past I had a guy expect sex from start relationship I said no he thought was gonna get from me found out didn’t never saw or talk to him again

1 Like

Sounds like he knows how to get into to a girls pants and can’t handle it when it didn’t work. Find another. Good ones will wait however long.

7 Likes

No way
He’s a bum
Keep respecting yourself

10 Likes

Too many guys now are ONLY looking for sex. If that is not what YOU want, don’t change your standards.

7 Likes

He was looking to get in your pants and he failed! You did great on your part you didn’t fall for the game. You seen for yourself he’s a loser. Most likely he would have slept with you and never called you again because clearly he was just looking for sex. What a douche. The guy who wants to be with you will wait and won’t mind waiting.

5 Likes

He’s gross. Don’t pay him any attention

1 Like

Sounds like he’s a douche fuck boy and you don’t need that shit… Fuck him

Oh no, you don’t have sex just because he’s pushing for it… you have sex when your comfortable, whether that’s 4 dates in or 40

3 Likes

He’s :clap:t2: a :clap:t2: piece :clap:t2: of :clap:t2: shit :clap:t2:

You do what feels comfortable for you. Clearly that’s what he wanted. Better you found out now rather then later.

2 Likes

No he is a douchebag.

1 Like

Hell no girl you didn’t because evidently all he was after was sex. They’re more to a relationship than sex. Move on his not worth your time.

4 Likes

That was just him running game to get you. Someone who is really interested in you will be more than happy to wait until you are ready. My current husband and hung out for a long time before we even considered ourselves to be dating. We didn’t sleep together until around 6 months. We have been together 3 years and married for 2. He never tried to pressure me into something I didn’t want or wasn’t ready for. There is nothing wrong with you. There is really no standard that says have sex on the 2nd date or whatever. Don’t give up the right one will come along.

3 Likes

Yes you didn’t good job.Was after sex.Move on better to find out now.Not worth it .

You certainly don’t wanna marry someone like that. Because it want to get worse. I dump him

Absolutely not… I was with my guy for well over a month before we did anything. And we saw each other every single day… Any man who is serious and respects you, wont mind the wait… do not second guess yourself. I suspect if you had of slept with him hed be doing the same thing to you now and you’d feel 100x worse…

5 Likes

You didn’t screw anything up, he’s just a tool. I guarantee he would have done the same thing even if you did sleep with him.

4 Likes

No you are lucky to see his true colors soon enough to kiss his ass good bye! I was a single mom for a long time with my oldest. It’s unbelievable how many jerks are out there who only care about one thing. It seems like the older they get the worse they are too! Like someone else said, there’s no timeline for sex. If that’s what you’re looking for it and you’re comfortable then by all means enjoy yourself. If it’s not the only thing you want then hold out for someone who feels the same way. It’s rough putting yourself back out there. Good luck!

Girl he was just tryna hit it and go.

3 Likes

Never have sex when you don’t want to. The right guy will wait.

2 Likes

Nah. These days they want. But id still make him wait.

Everything is situational. If you weren’t ready. You weren’t wrong. Hes just not the one. Youre doing it right!

1 Like

I believe when u are trying to date u want someone who wants your time your attention and your love a partnership. They will wait as long as u want to. If they push it n do what that man did he clearly wasn’t looking for a long term relationship! U did the right thing. Don’t second guess yourself

1 Like

The fact that you’re even second guessing yourself suggests to me that you need to sit down and really think about exactly what you want and don’t want and then also how you wanna go about dating. Once you’ve determined that, you set hard boundaries and be upfront about them from day one - like before even bothering to go on a physical date, tell them your expectations. You wanna wait for x amnt of months, you can tell them that right away and if they pressure you, you need to drop them. Don’t be afraid to lose the opportunity to date them when they clearly aren’t worthy of your time. You need a man that will respect and value you, your time and your role as a single parent. Having been a single mom with toddler, I weeded out a lot of losesr very quickly that way and the guys I did date were even more attracted to the fact that I was so clear on what I wanted. Be confident and secure in what you have to offer and in the fact that if it doesn’t work out, it’s their loss, not yours.

1 Like

You did not screw up, you dodged a bullet. If he is willing to treat you like this in the beginning of the relationship, imagine if you had stayed with him. If you don’t want sex, don’t have sex. The right guy will wait until you are ready, and he won’t push or guilt you for it.

1 Like

Don’t second-guess yourself any guy worth your time is going to respect your boundaries and not think because he took you for freaking ice cream he can get in your pants. But there are more sleazy guys out there than there are good guys and we live in a world of sex right now

You didnt do anything wrong stand by you intuitions. I wouldn’t even have woke him up to let him know i was leaving i would have been gone before he had the chance to fall asleep​:joy: just saying :grinning:be safe and take care

1 Like

Move on. The dude is fuck boi status. Much better men out there.

Now you know not to waste more time with him! It wouldnt have gotten better if you had sex with him, it would have just taken longer to find out you werent right for each other

You definitely dodged a bullet, you should never feel pressured to have sex. You have sex when ever your comfortable with it and the right man will be willing to wait :blush:

You did great! Don’t let someone like that question your self worth!

3 Likes

This is actually the best way to weed out the f*** boys.
Any decent grown man will wait until his partner is mentally and physically ready to go further.

4 Likes

Sounds like he couldn’t act like a decent guy any longer and his game is up…he’s the problem not you…odds are he’s dating just for the sex and your not the only girl he’s dating…

He was only after one thing

A good man would be willing to wait until you are ready.

1 Like