Questions regarding c-section scar: Please help!

I have a question, I HAVE ALREADY REACHED OUT TO MY OBGYN, but I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced something similar, I’m 4wks post my 5th section, I had a tubal as well. Out of the blue, one side of my section is so tender, I can’t cough cuz it hurts just like if I just had my section done, I can’t lay on that side at all, and I’m also getting a prickly sensation there as well. I’ve never had any of these symptoms, so I’m stumped. Has anyone felt like this?

8 Likes

careful could be a staph infection, happened to my sister

They cut to deep doing your tubal ligation
…let me take a guess, the surgeon from India

1 Like

And sad news, it’s not going to get much better over time

Sounds like it is infected

5 Likes

Its been 4 moths since I had my baby I did the same procedure done and I did had that same problem it hurt and it was uncomfortable for the first two months but now it’s much better just try to see a different doctor .

Mine was numb for a long time it was weird cuz it was tender but to lean on the sink or botton my pants. It was numb

Mine was similar n ended up healing but formed scar tissue over a nerve n had to be re cut it formed a neuroma nerve tumor somehow ?? Pray n hope no one has to re go through that surgery n infection followed ;”(

1 Like

I think sections are painful in general I had my kidney removed in 92 felt like the same as having the section however it has been almost 16 years since my section and itches so bad still to this day ob gave me liodcane makes it numb and itching is gone

Hon you have a long way to go it takes five years to heal

It felt like that when I ripped my internal stitches… and mine ripped 4 times… ( I didnt have anyone to help me when I had my son and I had a 2 year old at home too)

I would get it checked right away. Could be an infection

2 Likes

Go to another doctor because there is something wrong. You shouldn’t have those sensations.

because of s tubal along with c section its tender for a long time dont ask me why but just is the prickly feeling is a nerve they hit that has to also heal if no redness or fever no infection usually

I had the same thing. More tenderness on one side. Only 1 C_section. No ligatation. Probably nothing but I’d get it checked out just in case.

Perhaps a hernia? I had similar when my hernia happened but it was probably a year or so after my last csection

I work in surgery- the prickly sensation is your nerves reconnecting. Tingling and numbness is also common the first year. * I also had 2 C-sections

3 Likes

First off Congratulations! From my experience I found that the prickly sensation was actually from the stitches and a few weeks later a couple popped through the skin - this is OK as they just trimmed the excess stitch at the drs and it dissolved the rest underneath, but the best person to advise will be your Dr, like your post says they’re already aware but don’t be afraid to call them up again if you feel it’s not right, that’s what they’re there for. Don’t forget youve had a major operation so it’s going to be a few months before you feel relatively normal! Hope you recover soon, feel better and enjoy your little one! X

I had 2c section the first one was emergency that baby die then I had the second one an the Dr clean up all the rough skin that was left from the first one so I am smood an nice now no more kids for me ,

One side always has to act up, lol. I had 3, it’s a bitch, lol. The pins and needles are from the nerves. Has it gotten red? Swelling? Do ya carry alittle belly pouch? Cause fat does not heal back together, like skin & muscle does. The tubal has NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. If it keeps up, go see your doctor.

Why do people ask medical questions on Facebook? Go to the doctor

2 Likes

Yes if and infection you don’t want to wait. 24 hrs could put u in hospital for days. Go to er to have checked out. It’s nothing to mess with

Sounds like scar tissue. I had that on my right side. 3 years later it’s still tender sometimes.

Mine was similar, they sewed some of my lining into the skin and caused me to have endometriosis. The prickly feeling they said is the nerve endings trying to reconnect after being severed. They gave me a cortisone shot to kill the nerve endings. It didn’t work, and a mass formed. That’s when they told me it was endometriosis. Said I’d experience pain for the rest of my life but it would vary and i may need further surgery later. He told me i was actually lucky because mine was only in one spot. I had the surgery 5 years after the baby and it’s been 4 years since the surgery without complications so far

I had an internal infection when I had similar symptoms. Go get seen asap.

Sometimes it will hurt one side of it if I cough or sneeze and it will be like that for a little while then go away but never hurt to lay on that side

I had that same issue after having my fourth C-section. Only my right side hurt like hell. I went to my doctor and he felt like a little ball where my pain was, we did a small surgery to find out what it was and an internal stich had wrapped around itself and was pulling on sore muscles causing the pain. I’d definitely go get checked out.

I have had 3 c sections. It’s gonna be tender for a while. The more you walk, the easier it is. It also helps to keep pressure on it, at least it did for me. I used a post c section wrap.

I had that after my 2nd c-section and it was on and off for a month and went away

Usually the side that hurts the worst is the side they started the incision. They use more pressure to make the initial puncture with the scalpel to make the incision. Wouldn’t hurt to get checked out though!

Go back to the dr ASAP it will get in your blood go now

I had the same feelings after my second csection they dr had to make a small incision and put in a draining tube.

Mine would periodically get raw from the over flap of skin from the swelling (and being fat…lol). I used gold bond baby powder and it healed right up. As long as it’s not ‘open’ and just irritated, try a powder

You probably pulled the muscle too far or something. But go get checked out to be safe.

Pain after a C-section up to months after is normal. I have had 4. The tenderness is normal as long as you do not have a fever, redness swelling or warm to the touch around the area it is most likely nothing to worry about. But I would still have my doctor to look at it just to be safe.

1 Like

My mom had similar symptoms; discovered an infection AND a hernia.

1 Like

I had something similar. Mine was a piece of internal stitching. Have your hubs look and see if he can see it sticking up through your skin. If he can and it’s long enough, have him clip it off with sterile scissors. It happened with my recent hysterectomy also.

I had 3 c sections and tubes removed. My right side felt like that and dr said itll feel like that from tubal for awhile. I’m currently 7 weeks post and no pain just still numb feeling when touch that side.

1 Like

u need to go back to ur OBGYN cos maybe da excess blood is still inside on dat side ur drainage did not take out all da blood

I would get pains after my csection and tubal that I didn’t with my 1st. Mine was just healing and more of one of my tubes had been taken than the other

1 Like

I had the same problem and it turned out to be a hematoma behind my incision, so I had to have surgery and be opened back up to stop the bleed.

I ended up with a strep and staff infection in my last c section and had to have it surgically removed. Go get checked I waited to long with mine and it almost cost me my life

Generally sudden pain in a wound means infection.

I’m 7m post same and still get awful sharp pains. I was told it was from the tubal and there’s nothing to be done

Could be nerves healing or infection… blood test should be able to pick up infection

The prickly sensation does sound like the nerves healing but if you think something is wrong and feel pain, I would keep visiting the doctor. After 5 sections, you’re at risk for more complications. Better safe than sorry

Its takes about a year to feel normal

Yes, I had 4 c,sections and I had the same problem and I still do .It has been 47 years since my last

Sounds like an infection

My doctor just told me yesterday that it could be the uterus hardening. I had a tubal with my third csection on October 1 and noticed pain in one side just above my scar.

After my 3rd c and tubal its was just different. No other to explain besides different. The entire healing process. Inside felt more sore than any other time.