Quick healthy meal ideas

Hey so I’m a full time working single mom and I’m wondering if anyone has any easy quick healthy dinner recipes ? I find after working 8.5 hours Monday - Friday I hardly want to cook dinner when I get home so lately it’s been take out or easy unhealthy meals… I’m having such bad mom guilt and feel like if I had easy healthy quick recipes maybe I’d cook more…

3 Likes

Depends on what you consider healthy. Check out 30 minute meals and you may get some ideas though!

Get a slow cooker with a timer and warmer. Set a cook for low at 8hrs that automatically turns to keep warm when the time is up. Turkey Patties and meatballs are quick and easy and can go with anything from veggies to pasta

Costco has amazing and delicious meals that are ready to throw in the oven and are ready in 30-60 minutes.
We like the stuffed peppers, Shepard pie, lasagna. Lots of items are freezable. They’re about $20 (canadian). Make a quick salad or soup with it and some buttered bread and it’s so easy.

Taco salads, sloppy Joe’s, spagetti are our go tos and I always make like x 3 so I can freeze some and leftovers if we want them the next day.

Stir fry. Chop up some chicken breast into bite sized pieces. Toss in a skillet with a couple of TBLs of olive oil. Once that’s done add your veggies and sauce. I buy frozen stir fry blend of veggies from Walmart. Less than $2 a bag. You can either buy pre-made sauce, or make your own. Serve with rice. This meal takes about 20 minutes.

Taco salad. You can use ground turkey or ground chicken for a healthier version. You could also add black beans to the meat. Just top over some salad and crumble some tortilla chips on top.

Season some chicken breat with salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. Toss in the crock pot with your favorite pasta sauce. Let that cook on low while you’re at work. When you get home, shred the chicken and add some broccoli to the crockpot. While that finishes up, prepare the pasta of your choice (I prefer whole wheat pasta) and top with the chicken and broccoli.

Crockpot meals. Throw everything in the crockpot before work and set it to low. Dinner is done when you get home.

Definitely look into crock pot meals. One of my go-to quick, mostly healthy meals, has been a mini chicken pot pie recipe I found on FB, surprisingly. Doesn’t take long to make, easy and both of my kids love it.

You can put frozen chicken, pork chops, and some potatoes in the crock pot and when you get home cook some veggies. The crock pot can become your best friend