Real opinions needed on period products!

Ladies whats your take on menstrual cups vs. Pads vs. Tampons?? Pros?? Cons??
1 Like

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Real opinions needed on period products! - Mamas Uncut

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Real opinions needed on period products! - Mamas Uncut

Please do not come at me but I love reusable cloth pads. I know theyā€™re not for everyone but they are for me and I love them. They never leak and my period cramps are not as bad as with disposables.

2 Likes

The cups are horrible. Leaked and major cramps whenever I used them. So I went back to pads and tampons. Iā€™ve tried a couple of the period underwear brands but havenā€™t found anything suitable yet. Havenā€™t tried reusable pads either.

1 Like

Cups can be tricky. You need to find one thatā€™s right for your body. There are different styles and sizes. But once you find the right ones theyā€™re so much better and more cost effective in the long run than disposable products. Do you sew? There are patterns for washable pads. Iā€™ll stick with the cup

There are also panty liners and washable period underwear and washable pad products. I have never tried the washable stuff but I would some day if I ever got a free sample or something like that.

I canā€™t do cups or tampons but I have some washable pads and I love them

I like tampons I think pads and the cups are icky

2 Likes

I tried the cups, didnā€™t work for long soā€¦ I hear people have done well with

Pads r gross to me because I can feel the ā€œflowā€ and I practically need a wipe to clean up on medium to heavy days. Cups I wouldnā€™t mind since I can wear one on days I think I might start without drying my ā€œwho haā€ out. They are more friendly to the environment. You can also keep them in for a long time. I do not yet because u need a learning curve and I am currently working to much for that. When you take them out in the beginning, u can make a huge mess! You should also have three of them I think. Tampons r my go to right now since they keep me clean n r the least messy for me at this time. I have thought about the Sponge as they have some of the same benefits as cup but you shouldnā€™t have issues with fit or as much of the mess. Good luckšŸ˜

Ive recently started using the disks and for some reason im just not doing it right i have a heavy flow and i need something for at work that doesnt leak or feel like a diaper tampons just dont work with my flow and clots(are big) ive pushed past the pubic bone and everything its frustrating me as i have a highly physical job and cant stop for period problems. Ive tried a cup a few times but have had too many troubles with that as well

I donā€™t get periods right now, being on mirena, BUT my sister-in-law got toxic shock syndrome from tampons and we nearly lost her. I havent worn a tampon since.

I do like the cups. They are messy but so is a tampon, really.

At night, or on heavy days, I would wear period underwear and an overnight pad.

I do the disposable soft cups they are more comfortable than the traditional cup and I use a pantyliner with (sometimes they leak but they last a long time)
Around the house I usually use pads however.

Iā€™ve never been able to do anything but pads. Iā€™ve been wanting to try the reusable because I go through so many disposable ones. Seeing these positive comments about them and gives me hope!

Iā€™m old fashioned. I just wear tampons. I donā€™t like pads because I donā€™t want to sit for hours in my own filth and they leak out the sides onto my panties, and screw the cupsā€¦ they would be so uncomfortable to me and I know it so Iā€™m not wasting my money. To each their own though.

My body rejects tampons and the cup. Literally pushes them out. So i use pads.