Recipe ideas that I can freeze?

Hey whats some meals I could make ahead in the freezer or things I can buy at the store to eat for when my baby comes I could use some ideas . I’m 36 weeks pregnant . I’m really good about cooking dinner but I want some pop in the stove ideas easy cleanup ?? Help me out I want my family to still eat good I have a five year old son and husband still that needs to eat healthy.

9 Likes

When I was pregnant I prepped a lot of pasta dishes and froze them in those one-use tins that you can get at the dollar store. Lasagna. Spaghetti and sauce. Stuffed shells (regular ones or taco ones - mmm!) were always great options.

Also soups and chilis and stews freeze well in canning jars and can be easily thawed during the day and reheated on the stove or in a crock pot.

Congrats mama!

2 Likes

Lasagna, breakfast sandwiches

1 Like

Easy meals. Do chicken and dumplings in the crockpot. Spare ribs in the crockpot. Things you don’t really don’t have to worry about all day. Start it in the morning and boom it’s done by 4pm!

I hope your family comes in clutch to help you out like mine did! My mom did my shopping for me with my boyfriend the day I brought my daughter home and it was so convenient!

Pioneer woman freezes a lot of things like this. I’d look up some of her recipes.

Crockpot meals is great and super easy

1 Like

Join cinamon’s budget meals .
Lasagnas, meatloaf, stuffed peppers, fajitas, enchiladas, chicken and noodle or dumpling soups , bbq ribs , macncheese
Plus dont forget your lunches or single dinners for spouse while your in hospital or for you when your having dinner at midnight bc you got a good nap (wishful thinking lol) breakfast casseroles , quesadillas twice baked potatoes

1 Like

Baked Mac n cheese. Chicken and rice casserole, sausage cassrole. Casseroles are great

Get a instant pot. It makes life easy.

1 Like

These are quick and sooo good! I spent like 140$ for everything I needed for alll 15 meals!

Follow Tasty and look for their videos on easy meal preps and stuff

Look up “OAMC recipes”. It’s once a month cooking, you do a bunch of prep one day for the month’s worth of suppers.

Prep crockpot meals for your freezer then just pull out, thaw and put in the crock pot. I put mine in gallon freezer bags with food type, cooking time and side dishes needed ( rice, noodles, ect), they will also freeze flat that way. Fill the pantry with canned soups, granola bars, canned fruit, crackers, instant oatmeals, protein bars, pasta and rice. Also, for the freezer make pancakes and waffles ahead of time and freeze. Get lots of steam able veggies and you are good to go! Don’t forget to get plenty of coffee :slight_smile:

Get a crock pot! There’s so many receipts on Pinterest. I wish I would’ve done it before my baby came.

Look up some crock pot meals that u can prepare before and freeze and when day comes take out of freezer and put in the crock pot

Allrecipes.com… love it!

Get a crock pot and crockpot liners , super easy dinners you can pop in in the morning and cleanup is super easy by just throwing away the liner bag! I’m getting ready for my little ones arrival too and this is by far the easiest option I could find -plus you can freeze & make just about anything in a crock pot(:

Meatloaf baked in a muffin tins.

make a meatloaf and cut i to portion sizes. Freeze in sandwich bags. They thaw out quickly. Bake potatoes and sweet potatoes. scoop them out of the skin, or cut in half and add butter and heat in microwave. Get bag of salad, ready to serve. Cook chicken breasts in pan , onions, mushrooms with Alfredo sauce from a jarand wide noodles. You can heat up one or two breasts . Good luck. A lot of people have family or friends who provide food for the first week. If friends offer, tell them that ould be wonderful. I was in a new town with no family. I prepared ahead, too. Hopefully, hubby will do the preparation of already cooked mealss. Congratulations!

Lasagna, pot roast, spaghetti sauce there’s a lot of stuff really

Pinterest! Look up freezer meals…

Lasagna roll ups- cook lasagna noodles and fill with ricotta and spinach. Cover with marinara sauce and freeze. Set overnight in fridge and bake at 350 until hot and bubbly. Add cheese!

1.5 lb beef stew meat, one 16 is bag frozen veggies, 5 c beef bouillon, 1 can stewed tomatoes, 1 can diced potatoes, 2 tbs sugar, salt & pepper as needed. Throw it all in a crockpot for 6 hours on high or 8 hours on low. My crockpot always cooks it faster than that, but it never hurts it to sit.

Suggestion: Every time you make a main meal, make enough for 2 meals and freeze one. You can even make hamburgers and put them in separate sandwich baggies & put them all in a gal. freezer bag. Don’t forget to put dates on the bag. I make a whole box of pancakes & freeze the left overs.

Lots of great meal prep ideas on Pinterest!

Prep things like spaghetti sauce, meat loaf, shephards pie, stir fry meat and veggies, chilli, stew, chicken soup etc