Recipe ideas?

Hey! My daughter is in girl scouts and has a potluck at her next meeting (this week) she’s supposed to bring a main course and I have no idea. I was going to do a baked mac n cheese but idk if that’s a main course? Anyways just looking for some suggestions on some simple main course ideas anyone may have. TIA💜

3 Likes

Add ham and peas and it becomes a main course, but we’ve been known to make pancakes for dinner at our house

2 Likes

Spaghetti, kids love spaghetti. It’s simple and cheap! :wink:

3 Likes

Scalloped potatoes with ham in it …meatballs…
Sloppy joes…hotdogs in the crock pot

Sloppy Joe’s are easy.

Pot roast! You can make it over night in the crockpot or 8 hrs prior. Mississippi pot roast is amazing❤

2 Likes

Do those little hot dogs in the crockpot with barbecue sauce

1 Like

Chicken dorrito casserole

1 Like

Lasagna or red beans and rice with ham

Put chicken in the Mac n cheese and it becomes a main course :raised_hands::joy:

4 Likes

Chicken enchilada casserole is my go to for everything like that!

Hot Dogs…Hamburgers…go well with mac n cheese (by way is a side dish.)…

Spaghetti is always a good last minute type thing its easy to throw together and fairly quick to make

Spaghetti lol you’ll make enough for a crowd even if ya don’t mean to :joy: happens to me every time…start out cooking for 4 and end up with enough for 37…plus it’s cheap and easy

My son did crock pot mac and cheese for his Christmas pot luck. Boiled noodles till just barely starting to soften. Placed in crockpot with half block grated Velveeta, couple lbs of shredded cheddar cheese (cheese of your choice) and 3 cans of evaporated milk and cooked for about 3 hours. He won first prize for best dish as we let boys make then vote which they liked best for our 2 main banquets.

I always stick with crockpot meatballs or those little hotdog sausages. You can find a ton of easy recipes for all taste. Throw all the ingredients in the crock pot early in the day. They are super easy and always a big hit.

Crock pot spaghetti, sloppy Joes, meatballs, etc.

Rotel is a good side dish to take for a meeting just put all the stuff in a Crock-Pot the and kids it cheese to ground beef and get

chips to go with it