Self medicating with collagen while pregnant, is this okay?

Gosh aren’t people so helpful.

4 Likes

Some things should be left to professionals …

Make that Drs appointment.

Google says this but check with your doctor and don’t listen to the perfect mothers on this thread

9 Likes

I just used baby oil after a shower n had 4 kids n never any stretch marks. I’m 5’ tall n 100 pounds n 2 middle babies were 9 pounds 8 ounces n 10 pounds even. No stretch marks at all anywhere.

1 Like

You ‘women’ are fuckin cruel.

My husband rubbed Palmer’s tummy butter on my stomach every day at least once a day. Not one stretch mark from my pregnancy. And they very much run in my family

Women are so judge mental :face_vomiting: yuck. It’s not like this woman is talking about crack :unamused: chill. She obviously looked into it enough to know what type of collagen was safe and then some “perfect mom” told her it wasn’t and now she’s worried. Some of u women suck. She’s probably a young 1st time mom and was asking other women if they had any bad experience with using collagen while prego. Not to mention the same women judging her were probably worried about stretch marks also because it is 100% normal for a woman to be scared or worried about the changes her body goes through during pregnancy.

Talk to your Dr!!! We are not health professionals

1 Like

Talk to your obgyn. Being pregnant puts a number of things that can risk that can surprise you.
Did you know you can over take the supplement vitamin C which can lead to early labor? Always ALWAYS!!! Speak to the pros when pregs before you do something during pregnancy

You should have checked that with your doctor. not fb after the fact! All for the vanity? Wow!

5 Likes

Always ask your OBGYN… they should let you know what is safe and what isn’t. Rather than taking advice from random people of Facebook. Lol

2 Likes

Always tell your doctor. Always always always. They are the ones you should not keep anything from for your safety and the baby. Always be honest with your health care providers

God you are all so fckn nasty!
She clearly cares about her baby or she would be asking the question.

No need for you all to be such ashles.

2 Likes

Well I have never heard of that making any difference in stretch marks. I’m not sure how much you are taking but definitely talk to your doctor. OTC doesn’t mean safe always so let them know.

1 Like

Talk to your care provider as we are not Doctors :heart: I can tell you what I know (Student Midwife before transitioning to photography full time. But I am NOT a professional and you should always consult with you Doctor or Midwife ) marine collagen isn’t considered safe during, but regular collagen should be fine (there are actually some theories that collagen can help with stress on tendons and joints during pregnancy). Let your care provider know before you start or stop any medication or supplements. Also, stretch marks are genetic :heart: unfortunately there is no way to really prevent them. Good luck with your pregnancy.

1 Like

I didn’t put anything on my belly and have no stretch marks after having 4 kids . I would definitely ask your doctor to be safe

Peptide collagen is safe NOT marine collagen….

Collagen is just a protein found in beef and sometimes other sources You can get beef Collagen powder and mix into drinks if u need more Collagen. It’s not a wild supplement per say. It’s safe… unless u have a beef allergy

I used this when I was pregnant with all my kids. Just make sure you get your boobs and back. My daughter left stretch marks on my back cause that was the one place I didn’t put it

The collagen I take is perfectly safe in pregnancy and helped with stretch marks. I’m sure yours is fine.

1 Like

Stretch marks are hereditary. Also, this might be a question you ask a doctor?

1 Like

Collagen is a normal thing to have its in food. Just make sure there isn’t a way to overdose lol

Some of y’all obviously wasn’t taught to keep your mouth shut if you don’t have anything nice to say :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Why wouldn’t you tell your doctor about taking supplements. They always ask if you’re taking anything daily.

2 Likes

Taking collagen isn’t “self-medicating”. It’s a nutritional supplement that’s perfectly safe but these are the sorts of questions you ask your doctor, not the internet.

No harm to baby but you should always make sure your OB knows what you’re taking. It’s just safer.

Um…maybe you should have a Dr check you…

1 Like