Separating after 13 years together with kids

My husband and I have been together for over 13 years. We have 2 children together. We have decided to separate and it is one of the hardest decisions ever. The reasoning is because I found out last year after having our second child that he was messaging someone else and making plans to meet them. I had known about the messaging since I was pregnant but he denied anything and I trusted him so didn’t think more of it. He was supposed to move out but then the pandemic shut everything down. I still don’t trust him even though we tried making things work but his alcoholism is also a problem. He showed up drunk and passed out on our porch and left the door wide open while me and the kids slept. That was the breaking point for me. I’m having a hard time mostly because I see how our older child (10) is suffering. They cry for him constantly and say they miss him and I just want to ask him to move back and try again for them but I know that’s not going to work. I need advice on how to be strong and how to comfort my children. Our world feels very dark right now.

You got this mama, it is hard right now but it does get easier I promise.

Keep moving forward…easier said than done I know. I left my ex husband after 12 years together and it has been the best decision of my life. I didnt think I would survive at first, it was all I knew, but I couldnt watch myself continue down the dark path of not feeling good enough because he was always in someone elses inbox. The kids have adjusted well, they still ask why we can’t be together but its because they miss the other parent when with the other. It does get easier, find a hobby, something to focus a little of that extra thinking time on.

I was with my kids dad for 14 years. We have 2 kids together also. I left him because I had found out he was cheating on me and I actually caught him on valentine’s day at a hotel with the chick. Anyways… it was awful. It took me a little over a year to finally get over everything and start to pick up the pieces of my life to put them back in order. My kids were the same way asking for their dad and crying and so on and you just have to remind them that mom and dad love them very much and that everything will eventually be okay. They will always tell you they wish you and dad were together. This happened for me 6 years ago and my kids still tell me they wish we would get back together. It’s hard I’m not gonna lie but you’ve got this. If ya ever wanna talk just let me know and I can add you on Facebook messenger. Keep your head up.