Sex is becoming painful for me: Thoughts?

I’m 34 weeks in and would have sex all the time ( not the slow internet kind), and doggy style is good till it’s not, and my sides cramp up, especially on the right side near the end /when he Finishes. And the usually missionary I don’t mind, but the hubby says its awkward cus the tummy is in the way, ( sex is just awkward) and I love sex but not this pain that is starting to come with it and it last for a while and can’t move till its gone. And sometimes, when I play with my self, I can feel a bit of pain on the right side. Should I stop till baby comes or what is ur opinion … I’ve done anal, and that’s great with no pain, but don’t wanna do that all the time

21 Likes

Ask your doctor. I had pain too when pregnant but they said it was normal.

1 Like

Maybe talk to your doctor about that because that doesn’t sound normal to me. I’m also not a doctor so😅 I hope things get better for you!!

1 Like

Just a few weeks to go, hon. I was a frisky baby maker too.
If it’s not comfy, honey, don’t do it. :purple_heart:
You’ll be back at it in no time.

5 Likes

Maybe doggie on side of the bed and relax a lot bc your muscles are being stretched with the belly. Let him do all the work and try not to tense up a whole lot

10 Likes

I would definitely talk to the doctor. I think pain during sex is normal but not if your just playing with yourself.

3 Likes

Could it possibly be triggering some contractions?

12 Likes

It could also be that you’re very close to the end and you’re going to be sore, also baby is most likely starting to run out of room also. If it makes you feel any better I haven’t been pregnant in almost 4 years and since having my son and while pregnant with him it hurts to have sex :confused: sometimes it’s good still but majority of the time it hurts a lot :confused:

2 Likes

Just take it slow. :woman_shrugging:t2: your body is going through a ton of changes. Pregnancy is hard on the body.

Up your water intake to help with cramps.

Is this your first full term pregnancy? It could be triggering some contractions or it could just be muscle fatigue. I would definitely bring it up to your doctor though.

2 Likes

Sex with my ex at the end broke my water…

4 Likes

This is pretty typical. Your body is getting ready to have a baby. If you’re in pain or not comfortable, it’s okay to not have sex.

Sex definitely can be uncomfortable once you’re in your third trimester. Spoon position worked best for us.

6 Likes

Try laying on your side with him behind you like spooning you

She stop having sex until the baby is born. Be smart

6 Likes

You need to speak with your health care provider.

4 Likes

Here’s an idea: stop doing it🤷🏼‍♀️

12 Likes

Isn’t anything private anymore

16 Likes

For me, pain during and after sex was pretty normal. Spooning helped a bit, and so did being a bit more gentle. But I did notice that, no matter what, I had really intense Braxton hicks for hours afterward. It got to the point that the hours of discomfort was not worth the orgasm I might not have, and I had to cut back drastically on most types of sex.

1 Like

Maybe try stretching out your side before having sex? Lol.

If it hurts stop. Your body is getting ready for birth.

6 Likes

Sounds like you could be having some contractions. I couldn’t get off towards the end of my pregnancy or would cause braxton hicks contractions for awhile that were painful

I’d take it up with your doctor hun. I use to get the cramps in my sides too, but it’s not the same for us all. Mine was muscle pains they said, but I was high risk, but was never advised to not actively do anything and I wasn’t in bed rest or anything like that with my last. But it varies from person to person. It started to get more uncomfortable towards 35-36 week mark for me. I had a lot of round ligament pains.

1 Like

Try laying down on your left side with your knees up and him on his knees.

1 Like

How about asking your doctor instead of strangers?

11 Likes

Talk to your Dr…not Facebook… Dr will probably say hold off on the sex for a bit (most likely til after your 35-36weeks pregnant) goodluck w everything!

4 Likes

Then don’t have sex…

5 Likes

You should probably stop for now if its painful or at least have him slow his roll. Bring this up with your doctor next time you go in.

I love all these professional medical opinions :rofl:

3 Likes

Maybe all that kind of sex is making you hurt , it isnt that important your baby is!!!## jsaying###

6 Likes

Maybe bragging just a little. LOL

4 Likes

Yes about a month or 2 before I have birth I didn’t want to have sex at all… and before that I was ready all the time. If it hurts just stop. I promise after the baby you’ll have sex again and you’ll get back to yourself. Having a baby changes everything

How are u doing anal with no pain is my question lol…

36 Likes

Sex can cause contractions. Stop having sex :woman_shrugging:t3:

4 Likes

Stop Having sex And Chat to ur doctor who can Give you the right Advice

4 Likes

I was having the same problems for a while…come to find out I had a bad uti and bladder infection that the doctor missed… don’t no how they missed it but they did for a month… l&d found it and put me in antibiotics… no more pain now… I’d bring it up up with ur doc… better to be safe

1 Like

“I’m having pain in my right side after sex” would have sufficed without all the extra details :joy::joy::joy::joy:

18 Likes

I got those pains and my whole tummy felt tight almost like contractions and it’s usually when I had an orgasm and from his semen, we started using condoms and spooning position. That helped bc less motion

We did a lot of spooning towards the end. Also girl on top, that put me in control of everything. Having sex this far along is totally and completely up to you, don’t let anyone convince you you’re putting your baby in any kind of danger. Sex is good for getting you ready for labor, and it’s good for keeping you intimate with your partner despite all the changes you’ll be facing together! Pain is normal, because your body is doing some big reconstructing, but I would talk to your doctor if it’s really bad. But my doctor told me if there’s no blood or fluid, pain/discomfort is normal, and sex is encouraged.

1 Like

Can only have gentle sex now baby getting passages ready for delivery, be careful, i definitely would stop at 36 weeks but up to you

Is this post for real :flushed::rofl::rofl::rofl:

7 Likes

Girl it hurt towards the end of my pregnancy and now she is 2 and a 1/2 months its fine lmao

Speak to your doctor.

The only way I could have sex towards the end of my first pregnancy with hubby was if I rode him hahaha doggy and riding was the way for us! I had sex until the day before she was born and I feel like it helped ALOT with birth :joy:

1 Like

You sound alittle kinky to me we don’t want to know about your sex life

9 Likes

Sex causes contractions

2 Likes

My husband and I would spoon on the bed and do it that way when I was that pregnant. It worked for us. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

this is whats bothering you…
im going through that right now and Im only 21 weeks :disappointed:
Ask your dr,he can explain it better for you …

I was not having sex in the third trimester at all soooo

Try on top. I was a big ole bitch but I didn’t care :joy: but I was trying to induce labor.

Well you’re close to the end. Having sex at this point is pretty much hit or miss. I’m 36 weeks and I’m freaking ready :joy::joy:

1 Like

Follow your intuition. If something is telling you to stop, then stop. There’s always oral if intercourse isn’t working

3 Likes

Sex can cause contractions. Lol especially if you cant move for a few minutes. Maybe you should have a chat with your doctor

1 Like

Sex was always uncomfortable when I was pregnant but towards the end, it did the job by knocking me into labor lol. I’d say, take you and your man to talk with the doctor. At least there, they can advise you better. 💁

2 Likes

It’s up to you mama…we used to try different ways…doggy style ended up with the same results for me so we switched to the side like we were spooning or we’d go to the edge of the bed and then he’d lift my legs while I was on my back…almost missionary but not awkward because the bump was put of the way lol…just don’t be afraid to tell him to stop if it’s painful…you and the baby come before his pleasure especially when pain is involved

I recommend discussing this with your doctor. There might be something that needs to be checked out.

1 Like

For me (this was over 21 years ago) we ended up doing doggy style with pillows under my belly to support the weight, then spooning (this was difficult because my ex did not have much) in the end we just helped each other with hands because it was too awkward and uncomfortable to do anything else. But you should really talk to your doctor to make sure there is not something wrong.

2 Likes

You may have tilted your uterus. Im just under halfway and early on and even now sometimes it would get painful. I asked my sister about it a couple weeks ago (my sis had a baby just over a year ago) and she said i could possibly be feeling pain due to my uterus tiltibg with the pregnancy. But there is always the possibility of a UTI doing that as well.

Mention this to your doctor

I would say slow it down. Try laying on your left side and spooning for sex. But yes your close to the end and it does become uncomfortable

1 Like

Do it in the spoon position

1 Like

Think it wld be a good idea to wait till afer baby is born.

Why are there men on a mom’s group? Like seriously​:dizzy_face::dizzy_face:
Y’all don’t know what it’s like to be pregnant so why are you even here…

The answer seems obvious…If it hurts and you are uncomfortable don’t do it. The pain could or could not be normal but if you are not enjoying it then why bother? If he just has to get his rocks off do oral but honestly in a few weeks yall won’t be worried about sex.

7 Likes

Ask your OBGYN about the pain and in the meantime take a break! Your baby will be here very soon, so use this time to relax with each other and communicate openly. Good Luck!

2 Likes

I dont think this is TMI and I applaud you for being straight up with what’s on your mind. Maybe try spooning? Some books on pregnancy sex could help, and this might just be a time for a gentler intimacy. You are very close to being term and orgasms can trigger contractions so keep that in mind too. Good luck mom

5 Likes

DEFINITELY ask the Dr! It shouldn’t be hurting like that.

1 Like

Some of these comments are main reason why pregnancy rate is so high and sex is not talked about as should be. Stop making people feel bad for asking questions. Sex should be a open topic before during and after pregnancy. I don’t see the value of commenting anything but an answer to help. I wonder how some if some of you even practice safe sex. Can’t practice it if your not educated. And every one should educate yourselves because not doing so put you at risk. I hope you find your answers.

Do whatever is comfortable while you can, if it hurts don’t do that. See if being on top is more comfortable, or do anal for now

2 Likes

I would definitely bring it up with your OBGYN next visit. It could just be contracting of your uterus like with orgasm that is making it painful, but better safe than sorry. It also may just be since your body is expanding and you’re nearing the end of your pregnancy, that those muscles are just strained.

3 Likes

This is a bit TMI. Sounds more like a guy is asking this . Some time you just need to tell your husband use his hand. Same for you too chic. Rub one out. Wait till after the baby, you’ll survive.

3 Likes

That pain is what makes me think you should talk with your OB

I cant believe this was approved for posting.

5 Likes

I have round ligament pains and my doctor told its normal and i can continue to have sex. This could be what she is suffering from. Im almost 32 weeks pregnant.

The pain i had also wen i was pregnant im guessing the bby was uncomfortable also me being also due

It could be that is where the baby is laying on and your getting pain from the baby

Intercourse can cause contractions so can sperm that is why it used to induce labor. An orgasm cause similar pain too. I suggest that you get checked by your doctor and make sure your cervix is closed and if it is then it’s just normal pregnancy pains. Welcome to motherhood.

1 Like

Honestly my husband and I didnt have sex almost my whole pregnancy and we survived

5 Likes

Sex is all mental so maybe you’re mind is just flooded with pregnancy hormones. I hope you are just sleeping with baby daddy while preggo. Maybe take a break from the anal, it can cause all kind of infection in your vagina, too close for comfort in my opinion. Slow down, rest.

1 Like