Shold I feed my baby more?

I had this happen with my son. It wasn’t that he was over eating, he had an intolerance to the formula I was giving him. Switched to the sensitive kind and the throwing up stopped.

1 Like

Hope you are feeding baby cereal to her and not just bottles. She needs something that is more solid.

1 Like

Talk to the doctor about changing formula.

2 Likes

Maybe put cereal in it

1 Like

Do what you know your baby needs. Plenty of people started babies on baby cereal in bottle,even soon after they were born, and they were fine. At that age can even start trying her on some baby food. Both mine had horrible reflux,so i started adding baby cereal…the kind that was a mix of rice and oatmeal…small goldfish sized pinch, to their bottles at 2 weeks old. Helped a lot. During the day…I’d try her on some baby food every now and then. At night…small amount of baby cereal in bottle. Use tip of a knife to widen nipple on one of her bottles slightly so won’t get stopped up. Next month she should start being ready for a sippy with handles that has bottle nipple can exchange out for sippy nozzle later on.

OMG… you are going through a lot !! Pump as often as you can. It sounds as if she’s getting enough to eat. I would get a smaller bottle ?? Every baby is different. Best of luck

You should be introducing her to stage 1 banana baby food and you can also give a little rice cereal in bottle as well and if you do increase amount of formula give some burp then wait a few minutes and continue this is everything I did for all my children (4)

Talk to your pediatrician. They can help you with all your questions and help you figure it out.

Babies who drink formula need to drink 28 to 32 ozs a day its very important.

At 4 months I’d be stretching out her feed to four hours if you can then her appetite will get better, but do what you feel you need to do

If she is solely on breastmilk, she may have an allergy or intolerance to something you’re eating.
With my first, I had to completely cut out lactose as it made her vomit, spit-up a lot more, and cry a lot more than normal.
Within just a few days there was a HUGE difference. Like a light switch.

1 Like

You might try feeding her a little cereal with her formula once or twice a day. See how that works, talk to her doctor too. Don’t feed her every two hours - make it 3 - then 4.

3 Likes

Baby cereal and your baby will love it!

1 Like

Rice cereal should help hold it down… also heartburn is pretty common at that age, which might be causing the vomiting. I’d ask the doctor. But I’d do the full 5 with a bit of rice cereal in there… do that for 2 or 3 days then go to 5.5. See how she does

Do what the pediatrician advised you to do

3 Likes

Maybe something is not agreeing with her, when babies have a tummy ache they act like their hungry.

1 Like

All you have to do is add a little bit of baby cereal to her meal. That will give you more than enough time and feeding hours will change by being extended. She is almost 6 months. So that’s normal

1 Like

Sounds like cluster feeding. Baby could be teething or having growing pains. Eating is also a comfort, so she may be eating more to soothe, not just because she’s hungry. Burp between every ounce-2 ounces, sit baby mostly upright while eating, and look for signs of teething. Massage muscles with lotion. Good luck mama

2 Likes

If your baby is puking that’s a sign she or he is eating to much. Try a pacifier. Sometimes they start teething at that age. Sucking can be soothing.

And btw every 2 hours with breastfed babies is very normal. If you switch to formula that will extend the hours but as u know breastfeeding has its perks!!!

2 Likes

If she’s fed breast milk you do not need to increase the amount of ounces! Do some research. Breast milk does not increase to 8 ounces each boob by the time they are weaned, that’s physically impossible for most women. The amount of calories increases to the amount that your baby specifically needs. My breastfed baby ate every 2 hours until around 6 or 7 months

These people answering clearly do not know how breastfeeding works! Talk to a licensed lactation consultant!!

1 Like

Give water between feeding

If you think she is not getting full enough get baby food banana put about two teaspoons in the bottle when you make a bottle shake it and see if that don’t help it totally work for my daughter she’d only drink up to 4 oz at one sitting

And unlike the rice cereal or any of those it also will not put on mega weight

Every 2 hours for a 4 month old bf baby sounds normal. At that age they usually only eat about 3-4 oz breast milk, max.

please please please this is a question for your baby’s pediatrician or nurse practioner