Should dad help pay for childcare?

:woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming: man up or move on… needs to be the terms!!

Sounds like a dick head. You should be budgeting by percentage not dollar amount otherwise one person ends up spending 100% of their paycheck and the other has left overs.

Why is this a fucking question. Smfh. Is he the daddy? Then he should be paying for HALF of everything for that child. Period. Why are y’all letting these men get away with half assing their responsibilities? This shit why here is why sorry dead beats think they can get away with shit. Dummies like you let them.

Does he pay child support? If so, it’s the moms responsibility to pay for daycare. That’s the way it was for my mom too… If he doesn’t pay child support, get to the child support agency asap and get that filed.

I’m so sick of deadbeat dads.

1 Like

I pay pretty much pay for everything including childcare I do get the shits but I gave up years ago asking for anything

I personally feel that it depends on everyones specific situation. In ours child care was factored in to child support and she wanted us to pay more but because that was already factored in when they gave us the break down we said no because she made more than we did and insisted he go to an expensive daycare in her area. In this particular situation I say have a child support evaluation done and request they factor in childcare since he refuses to help at all.

He is the father just because your not together does not mean you are not responsible.

My ex was like that and his stepmom tried charging me and I looked right at his stepmom and said hell no because she can’t take care of herself as it is and he refused to pay the sitter that we had so I told the sitter that I was leaving him and she’s going after HIM for what money is owed to her after 2 years

My husband and I were both working. I paid insurance. He paid half of daycare but would pay all if I needed him to. I buy all their clothes, but again he would give me money. When I became a SAHM, he didn’t even hesitate putting us on his insurance. Lol he said we are expensive. I told him “Who do you think has been floating the bill this whole time?” Lol.
Point being. Marriage is partnership. Not one giving and one taking.

Wow thought I could follow this. But as usual some people who have no business posting do so with ignorance and foul language.

Yep! He should help pay for care while mom works! As well as spend time with babys,or kids to bond

Your state has aid that will help with childcare cost. Contact DHR on go on website.

I was a stay at home mom for 2 and a half years I just went back to work a couple months ago but we split it

Split. Take it to court and that’s what they generally order

Mom should go apply for choices to help daycare cost.

1 Like

Just no. I don’t see how you put up with this. I would have left him a long time ago. He helped make those kids he can help pay for them. I’d leave and get him for child support. That’s the only way you are gonna get help

2 Likes

Yes help pay but it should count as child part of child support

1 Like

Sweetheart you need to leave his ass, he sounds like an extreme piece of work. File for child support and government assistants and go be happy you and your baby

Um if yall are together he should be helping pay for everything, if not take to court.

Are you together like live together? Anyway it shouldnt matter the children are both of yours so it shouldnt matter who pays. If you are not together then use child support. My mom watched my kids she didn’t charge me but I have her phone on my plan so I kinda pay her

Are you guys together? If so, you guys are a family and it shouldn’t be only your responsibility to pay for everything for your children. If you are not together, then you need the legal systems help at this point. If he makes 3x as much and is leaving you to nearly fully support your children, that’s ignorant. If you do leave your job, your children’s dad should be able to add his children under his employers health insurance even if it’s not during open enrollment as them loosing coverage makes them eligible to be added onto another parents plan within 30 days. And it shouldn’t be a problem because those are his children. And if it is a problem in his eyes, then go to the state and they can subrogate him for the insurance they provide. Also, if you don’t have it, you may want to look into state assistance programs like WIC. May allow you to have the extra money to pay for childcare. Stay strong mamas! You are making a lot of sacrifices and putting up with a lot of BS for the sake of your kiddies :sparkling_heart:

I’d leave him and take him to court for child support. No real man would do that to his wife and kids.

Arw yall together or seperated and either way yall should split all child cost thier half his

Your parenting plan/uniform support order/court paperwork should carefully lay out who pays for what outside of child support…if it doesn’t, change it! 50/50 imo is reasonable, and I believe in most states the judge will agree.

1 Like

If yall together teach him a leasson and tell him you cant afford all the child care so your quitting your job if your not and he doesnt pay child support he would be since he doesnt wont to do it on his own and help

Take him to court, make him pay child support.

If he does not see what you are doing, and all that your doing, mAybe you should stay home 3 months with your children and then let him pay everything, yes most definitely he should help, and f you don’t put your foot forn about it he will continue treating you like your a doormat, and your not, check into him going to see grandma especially if he is always going by himself , my mom lived 1200 miles away and my son took his whole family with me to see her before she died, understand that, but its his responsibility to help you

What the hell does he pay for? Their his kids too tell him to pay his mother!!!

Yes he helped in the making of them

Take him to court and let the judge decide… Pierod… Leave it up to the judge…

He should help.50/50 seems fair

Child support for a reason

Quit working and stay home

1 Like

Take him to court for Child Support

If you loose your job, go on Welfare will they ever make him pay.

Duh he should help. He helped make it.

2 Likes

So why the hell is he not helping pay? So confused :rofl: it’s his kid too, if he’s involved his ass needs to pay

3 Likes

Depends on what custody and child support looks. If he pays child support, there you go. That’s your daycare money now.

2 Likes

You pay for the childcare you need when it’s your time with the the children, he pays for the childcare he needs when it’s his time with the children

3 Likes

If he has arrangements on his days I don’t see why he should pay her daycare on her days. If they are both using the daycare then yes, split the cost. This awful grammar though it’s hard to understand what she’s trying to communicate.

3 Likes

I’d leave :woman_shrugging: you pay for both kids needs already. Youre a single mom with a live in husband

7 Likes

Yes definitely. Child support is to help cover housing, food, and clothing. Dad should have to pay a percentage for all additional including childcare, activities, and school costs based on both incomes combined.

When dad makes more money than he needs to help more if mom is making 1/3 of what dad is making why should they split everything 50-50? This is exactly why child-support is based off of each person’s salary and other children in the household not being financially supported. My daughter’s father pays $273 a week and I got credit for having to raise my son on my own because his father is on disability and I get no income for him.

Wtf kind of question is this? Of course he should split the cost. Just like he should split the cost of everything else. It’s not rocket science.

2 Likes

First of all are y’all broken up & co parenting or in a relationship? Bc if y’all are together you need to dump his ass.

2 Likes

The way I read this you’re still a couple you’re still together in that case is completely unacceptable he should be paying half for everything if not more if he makes that much more money

1 Like

I think there are bigger problems here than just who pays for childcare. Marriage, with or without the legal certificate, doesn’t work like this.

4 Likes

Is this your husband??? Going off of you calling her your mother in law. He should AT LEAST be splitting it, if not paying all of it since you pay for insurance through your job. He sounds like an asshole

1 Like

My understanding of this post is that you’re in a relationship with this man? Woman. LEAVE!! This is emotional abuse & you need to get tf out before this gets worse.

3 Likes

Put him on child support be done.

3 Likes

If they’re together why is it a “he pay/she pay” situation…??
They’re married it’s their kids, their money…both of them!

If they’re separated… yes, obviously.

1 Like

don’t tell us. __doesn’t matter what we think. GET A Lawyer!

3 Likes

Why do YOU need to pay for everything the kids need plus childcare and carry insurance on them. Being in a relationship and having children together, you share costs/ bills/ ect. Make his dumb ass pay for it

1 Like

Usually if childcare is needed the courts will require half paid by mom and half by dad but you do need to ask for it.

1 Like

If you’re in a relationship. Living together. Have kids together. Acting like a married couple. Being a family. Isnt both incomes for the whole household. So childcare should be both responsibilities. I mean his and her bills with their own money… Whats the point of playing house. You’re basically a roommate and single because your expected to pay for the kids… I mean in our relationship… His money my money all goes together we pay the bills etc out of the same account and noone is less than… Both incomes are our income… Our kids even mine from a previous relationship is. . our responsibility… Because we are in this together. There is no his or mine

2 Likes

Moms finances shouldn’t even matter. Dad pitches in half for everything! 50/50 thats how the kid got here

Wait yall are together or no ?? That’s fucked. I’m sorry girl. But yes it should be 50 50. My husband who is a tight wad on his money would pay half if we needed to thank God my mom watches my son and dosent ask for anything. Goodluck mama. It’s a hard situation

What does he do with his money? And what does he do for you? Like for real? I’m confused as fuck.

1 Like

Um. If you’re married this is all insane bull$hit. He can pay his mother and also look into getting some financial planning and a marriage counselor.

1 Like

By most state guidelines both parents pay for childcare based off a percentage. If his income is 3x yours the courts would say he is responsible for 75% of childcare costs.
What he is doing is called financial abuse. He is refusing to financially support his children and using this as a means of control over you. If this is a man you are currently involved with romantically, get the two of you into counseling or leave him. If you are no longer with him, file for child support. Immediately.

2 Likes

I’d dump him…sounds childish. And I’d hit him up for child support.

2 Likes

Dad should cover childcare especially if he makes 3x more

OMG he should at least pay half take his ass to court!

He’s not helping with child care or the childrens needs I would just leave him and be done with it

See it’s 50/50 when both work. My man still takes care of most of our daughters stuff even though I do work. It’s about love and putting your child first. He gets stuff for him and I get stuff for myself but after our baby is taken care of.

1 Like

Doesn’t matter if dad makes more or not. Child care costs should be 50/50

1 Like

If this was me I would raise hell‼️ He wouldn’t know what hit him, he can either help pay and shut up or pay child support when I leave his ass for being an ungrateful prick. His choice 🤷

All child care…should be 50/50…including insurance for the kids, clothing etc…are you both in a relationship or separated??

Let him pay her ass to babysit.and if the dad maakes more money then he should pay all daycare

1 Like

well tell him Divorce will cost you more jerk.

1 Like

If y’all ain’t together take him to court, if you are, dump him and take him to court. He ain’t never gonna change, sis. Together or not, you shouldn’t have to struggle while he does whatever with his money. #icandobadallbymyself

7 Likes

Why are you with this person??? He ain’t helping you or his kids…wtf is wrong with this picture??

2 Likes

Um you’re married? You work together. Before being a stay home mom we put our money together and paid bills together. This will end in divorce. You guys don’t work together.

2 Likes

You tell his mum what you thinks fair and ask her to have a chat with him, he sounds like a mummies boy maybe he’ll listen to her before he loose out on his whole family over pitty shit

What in the hell did I just read?? Read this back to yourself and pretend a friend is telling you this…this is mind blowing…who does this? What a POS man

4 Likes

Wait. You’re married? I am stunned stupid right now. Your Bill’s are his and vice versa. This is a huge marital issue. I wish I had advice for you. I got married and his and mine became ours. I’ve never had my bill and his own bills. They became ours. I wish I had more but seriously I’m shocked.

3 Likes

Omfg help? Hell no he needs to be covering the childcare cost

1 Like

Go to a domestic violence support center. I will bet where there’s financial abuse, theres emotional abuse and its gotten physical. Ask for a leave fro. work, 30 days. Contact state childcare assistance, fe legal seperation, exclusive use and pendente lite orders for childcare and household support.

2 Likes

I’d be telling him to do his own crap from now on. He wants dinner cooked? Do it himself. he wants washing done? Do it himself. If he can’t step up to the plate of being a father, then let his family walk away from him. His fault. He can’t take responsibly!? His fault. You sound like you’re an amazing Mumma and you’re doing one hell of a great job! No Mumma should have to take on 100% of the responsibility of both parents children. You deserve better!

2 Likes

I’m not reading the comments to find out. But if you’re WITH baby daddy, you should research financial abuse. It’s a form of psychological abuse that keeps you under his control. This sounds like classic financial abuse and he’s likely other kinds of abusive too. Good luck mama. You deserve more than this butthead, promise.

1 Like

Should Dad pay? In the words of Mr. Big, “absof*ckinglutely.”

You’re a single parent love

2 Likes

Tell the bum to do his share or take a hike.

Oh honey I feel for you I really do :pensive: that is so unfair. I’m lost for words right now. Personally I would leave the marriage but that doesn’t help you out at all right now. Hugs :heart::heart:

Why does he think its all on you? Is this his child?

Divorce the ass and get court ordered day care costs and child support.

1 Like

If the husband isn’t splitting everything 50/50, I’d suggest a divorce. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. THE MAN WILL NEVER CHANGE! You will ALWAYS be the ENEMY in his eyes.

1 Like

This is abuse. Most custody situations require at least half from each. Stop being a doormat. Who leaves nasty bottles out? Sounds like you are not commanding any respect and until you do, you will keep getting treated like this…

1 Like

Take the asshole for child support. And if your married take the 20p out automatically from bank account Nd tell to get over it

take the kids leave and he can pay child support