Should grandparents address presents "from Santa"?

Should grandparents address gifts from Santa if the Christmas is held at their house? I feel that’s for the parents and the children on Christmas morning.

40 Likes

if this is what you worry about consider yourself lucky definitely bigger worries out there

9 Likes

Not unless they’ve discussed it with you and that is how you’re doing Santa.

2 Likes

Why does it matter lol

4 Likes

Santa visits multiple houses…soooo no not wrong if they do santa gifts too

If they are buying they can do whatever they want. Why would it hurt that Santa dropped some presents at the grandparents house? Shit my kids 11 never once seen him even check what the tag says lmao

I don’t think they should but if they do it should be ok especially if the grandkids come over to their house a lot! Either way just be thankful they thought about the kids because there’s a lot of grandparents who don’t.

3 Likes

To me it doesn’t matter.

2 Likes

I think whatever they feel, it’s their house

2 Likes

Welp Santa found some that he forgot and just dropped them off at grandparent’s :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Why would Santa go to the grandparents house unless you sleep over on Christmas eve. That makes no sense at all.

3 Likes

My kids don’t even look to see who it’s from :joy::joy::joy: no issues, Santa goes to everyone house

7 Likes

why can’t Santa deliver gifts for them elsewhere? same with kids who have parents that are spilt up… santa goes to both houses…

2 Likes

My parents do for their grandkids

1 Like

All of my kids grandparents have always had santa stop by their houses. I dont see an issue with it.

5 Likes

Santa always left gifts at my.grandparents house​:woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging: as a child they truly dont even notice.

1 Like

Mine did for me growing up.

1 Like

To be honest I think that is sweating the small stuff
Id be happy they bought them gifts

Keep the magic alive

4 Likes

Does it really matter how they address the presents

2 Likes

I always got Santa gifts from my grandparents growing up :woman_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

I personally don’t like it 🤷. My in-laws bought more for my kids then we did… and it was all from santa… my three year old asked why Santa brought all her stuff there 🤷.

I mean appreciate how much they love my girls and spoil them. I just feel like it takes away from Christmas at home 🤷 just my feeling though.

First World Problems.

4 Likes

Who cares its all about the kids ages

If the Christmas is held at their house wouldn’t it makes sense for “Santa” to go there? :joy: be grateful

1 Like

We do Santa gifts, my mom still does Santa gifts AND my grandma does as well. It doesn’t bother me at all. They don’t do any big stuff, a few small gifts like books and little stocking stuffers like bath stuff and candy.

My parents write, Santa’s helpers

Eh it could go either way, but if it’s that big of a deal to you I would address it with the grandparents, unless you think it’ll cause bigger issues, then just fume for awhile about it and move on :woman_shrugging:t2: pick your battles.

1 Like

It doesn’t matter who it’s addressed from. I didn’t address any present this year from santa.

Mine did for me growing up…dont see any issue

Santa can go all over.

I mean is this really what you wanna be mad about :roll_eyes::grimacing: We spent xmas at my kids great grandparents well their grandma couldn’t bring all their gifts (she has 4 in that state and our 3 she lives near) and so she told santa left gifts at her house for them :woman_shrugging: Idgaf. My mother in law even calls my kids her babies and I call the boys our boys :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

It depends on what you and your partner want to do. If you don’t want grandparents to do it, kindly explain you’d like to be the sole santa for your kids.

I mean… if Santa leaves gifts at the grandparents’ house…then he leaves the gifts. I’m not arguing with the big guy about where he leaves presents. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Santa can be left anywhere…dont be petty

3 Likes

It’s my understanding Santa isn’t reserved for just the parents. It’s just a gift/gift tag lol if you don’t do santa you don’t have these problems :joy::woman_shrugging:t2::tipping_hand_woman:t2:

it doesn’t really matter ?
Its about the kids happiness… No need for jealousy if that’s the case .

1 Like

We asked ours not to. We like only a few gifts from Santa for a lot of reasons. We have our kids ask for 2-3 things when they sit on his lap, and thats what he brings to our hoise…We did not want Santa bringing 2-3 to our house, then 10 to one grandparents, 15 to another. We asked that they sign the presents from themselves.

2 Likes

Be glad you’re kids have other people in their lifes that love them and get them stuff stop worrying about the petty tit for tat stuff could be a hell of alot worse…

1 Like

I feel that’s something to be discussed beforehand because everyone does Santa differently. For instance if my parents or in-laws did all their presents from Santa I would be upset because Santa only brings one gift to my house (I take responsibility for the rest lol)

2 Likes

My mom addressed some gifts from her as Santa. Tell them you don’t want that. But honestly i find it sweet that people care to do that

I don’t care what they label it I the kids forget before the paper is off anyway lol

2 Likes

I don’t! My gifts are from me and Santa comes to their home.

My son passed away so yes santa comes to nanas house now too

Just had this happen yesterday and I was annoyed -_-

3 Likes

I don’t think it matters. It’s Christmas. Even after he says oh I don’t believe in Santa I’m pretty sure stuff from “santa” still gonna be there.

1 Like

My fiances ex in laws tell the kids santa took some presents to their house to give to them :roll_eyes: although i think its kinda silly to do it its not a battle worth fighting over 🤷 so i let it go and let them have their moment

1 Like

Santa takes their presents to grandmas house. She takes such a huge joy in getting the kids the stuff they ask santa for, and honestly its usually stuff we cant afford anyways. So we tell the kids santa takes their presents to grandmas so our dogs wont eat them lol santa now decorates the christmas tree with their ornaments. And we go to grandmas xmas morning.

3 Likes

My grandparents always had one present from Santa under the tree. No big deal.

1 Like

I don’t like it I think gifts from family members need to be known it’s from them then when they wake up Christmas morning those are Santa gifts

2 Likes

My kids get 1 gift from santa each… not anything big or expensive… as not being funny, why should my children feel like santa gave them more than some children who get nothing. If I or my parents buy gifts for my children, then I’d like them to know they came from us and not from santa.

2 Likes

Santa knows where the kids will be in Christmas. Who cares :woman_shrugging:t2: let them believe in Magic and if they loved that Santa showed up at 2 places then so be kt

3 Likes

my mom did for my daughter, idc about it lol

2 Likes

Mu grandparents did at times when we where little. When we wondered how Santa knew we weren’t home we were always told he’s always watching too make sure we were being good.

1 Like

I still put Santa on my grown kids gifts and all my presents for my granddaughter were from Santa.

3 Likes

Ask yourself… “Is this an issue that I need to spend energy on, and how much bullshit is going to kick off because I’m a little annoyed?”
Me personally it’s retarded to argue over a makebelieve fat man delivering or not delivering presents to the grandparents house.

Does it negatively affect your children, or is it just you it affects? If it’s just me, then I’ll swallow that shit to keep the peace. Long as my kiddos are happy and healthy, that is ALL that matters.

Whatever makes them happy…

3 Likes

My mom used to do this. But then he asked why santa didnt just bring it all to one house. So I told them to stop. I told him that santa came to mommys hour and daddy’s anything from grandparents is from grandparents

I mean if that’s what they put on it then I dont see why not lol

2 Likes

Omg wtf are you complaining about this isn’t even a serious issue… everything is from Santa

9 Likes

I think it’s just for mom and dad but my in law’s address it from Santa and I don’t say anything because if they want that joy then they can have it as well. Definitely not a big issue. It’s Christmas time get over yourself. My grandma did gifts from Santa too. It’s just a name who cares.

3 Likes

Lol I dont see this as an issue at all.

5 Likes

Not a big deal if Santa also leaves gift at the grandparent house. I’m 31 and still great gifts from Santa at my parents.

2 Likes

Why does it matter? If they think Santa stops at every house why should he skip grandmas house?

6 Likes

We always allow Santa to bring gifts to our house and to grandma’s 💁 idk why it’s such a big deal, its for the kids not you.

3 Likes

People have got to stop being so picky on everyone else for every tiny detail! It’s all I see when everyone should just be thankful someone thought of and went out of their way for your kids! Good grief!

3 Likes

If Christmas morning is at the grandparents house then yes they should be be addressed from Santa. Santa goes where the kids are. They can all be from Santa. I don’t see why it matters. The kids aren’t even gonna know which presents are from who!

Well it only makes sense if Christmas is at their house that Santa would know they’ll be there and stopped by :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

My kids don,t take time to read who its from

4 Likes

I want to ask why this bothers you? I’m sure Santa hits all the houses?

6 Likes

If this is the most important thing to worry about, consider yourself lucky

8 Likes

one gift should be from Santa. A modest gift.

Doesn’t matter to me. When we lived with my mom I’m pretty sure she put santa on everything and now she puts mady that’s what we call her

1 Like

My Mom got my son a laptop, hell no, Santa’s not getting credit for that :joy:

Let them share in that with you, the kids won’t know if it’s from Santa for real so it’s just you that knows the difference so what is it hurting. It’s a time for sharing in joy and not being petty.

1 Like

Why not just have a conversation? Different people view things differently. It isn’t a big deal to me, but in our home santa brings one inexpensive present. I don’t want another child upset that Santa brought mine a dollhouse and them a doll etc, so we try to do a santa gift that most could afford.

I sign all gifts that I give from Santa. It is a gift to be given to a loved one. I dont want the “glory” of giving… I want to watch faces light up and love what they just received

3 Likes

Some people find joy in complaining about any and everything :joy:🤦 Christmas = santa ffs.

6 Likes

Why would you care if the grandparents gave Santa credit?

3 Likes

Dont bother me at all

2 Likes

Why is this a question?

2 Likes

My kids are 5 and 2 we put all gifts from Santa and so does my mom, one day they won’t believe anymore and they’ll know where it all came from :joy: Santa gets credit for it all :woman_shrugging:

My mom does it every year I don’t see the problem it’s a mixture of gifts from “nana and grandpa” and Santa. Santa hits ALL houses including grandparents houses

Can do whatever the fuck they want on them I dont care lol

Last time I checked if we are doing christmas at different people’s houses. Then santa has hit every house we are going to.

2 Likes

I am 30 years old and my grama still writes from Santa on my present. It’s all love.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t care if it was my kiddos, but I do understand about family tradition. Maybe trying to make your own family traditions…:v:🤷

Santa visits both houses here. We all have stockings and everything when we go over in the afternoon.

1 Like

Some of the questions I see here are just :woman_facepalming:t3:

just be grateful that they thought of your children at all! Who cares if it’s from “Santa” or not. They went out of their way to get your child a gift they thought they would like/enjoy.

8 Likes

This is a stupid thing to “complain” about

6 Likes

I still write from Santa on my 30 year olds gifts :gift:

1 Like

Santa comes to grand parents house also

1 Like

Only presents in a stocking should be from Santa it’s not fair on those who don’t get much x

Why’s it matter? We always have done it that way

1 Like

Why not half and half

I think Santa gifts should be from the parents on Christmas morning as well.

No. Santa comes to where the children live.

2 Likes

I don’t see a problem with “Santa” having presents for children at their house! Christmas is about Jesus, Families and good ol’ Saint Nick bringing presents for boys and girls all over the world! We celebrated Christmas Eve at my grandparents and Santa comes on the Eve of Christmas and grandparents he stopped at earlier and home and other grandparents he dropped gifts in the night while sleeping. So really does it matter if you want your children to believe in Santa??

2 Likes

Im 34 and mine still write love santa same with my kids

1 Like

Why is this even a question?? Does it REALLY matter??? Omg smdh

5 Likes

Why does it even matter? As long as your kid is happy what freaking difference does it make what the damn tag says? I’m so tired of these petty ass questions.