Should I allow my son to hang out with family he doesn't even know?

Everyone has a different idea and how they feel about a situation like this.

We, my daughter and I said no when her son was 15 months old and his dad’s mother wanted to take him to Disneyland in Florida. We had several logical reasons for saying no, at the time besids his age.

How else will he “Get to know them?”

1 Like

NO. Fathersday is to celebrate fathers. That man is not the boys father…he is just a spermdonor. The title father has to be earned and that absent spermdonor has not earned that title. Mother is under no obligation to let her son spend time with them. You don’t have to “celebrate” a absent spermdonor.

Tough call. Prayers for the right decision :pray:

3 Likes

If they want to be in his life let them. Dont punish them because of what the father does. Maybe they are now realizing that not being in contact was wrong. At least give them a chance.

1 Like

Fatherhood is far more than sperm donor and grands are capable of having a relationship with out their repetitive son

If you’re questioning it then it’s “No”

No, no and no… he’s better off without.

No way no how- not at 5!

Look, through your family members, for a male figure to take your son fishing. Forget his father’s family and do NOT allow your son to even know about them.

1 Like

I dont feel they will hurt him im afraid they wont return himm trust is an issue

1 Like

Shes not wrong. I wouldn’t trust them

1 Like

Definitely not unsupervised. I wouldn’t trust them.

You really can’t give advice if you don’t know the whole story.

If he would like to go, let him… if not, he should stay home.

I wouldn’t let him go. You never know if they’re going to give him back!

Our story is this. our son n his wife split up while she was pregnant, she moved with her mom n dad across the USA. OUR SON WENT THERE FOR THE BIRTH N WE WENT OUT as soon as we could afford it. She deleted me from facebook so we couldn’t even stay in contact. Our son paid her support even though his lawyer said they were so far apart to see each other. Long story short, we miss our grandson but can do nothing.

No you have no idea what they might do to him

That would be a big negative for me

No you are not wrong.

Too little, too late.

You’ll absolutely regret not doing this. The grandma shouldn’t be punished because her son is crap.
I have a brother who signed away his rights to his son when he was two… because he’s a selfish shithead and my moms dying wish on her death was was to see that boy again, but he lived in N Dakota at the time.
If the grandma wants to be a grandma and there isn’t anything psychotic about her, the kids should spend time with her on a regular basis.

Life has been so miserable after my boyfriend broke up with me 6 months ago. I never thought he could hurt me just like that then i realized how much i loved my boyfriend when he ended our relationship and i had to look for options to make sure i get her back to myself for i wasn’t living fine anymore. I was directed to a Spell Doctor known as Dr Mamudu by my cousin who he claimed he helped him in winning a lottery. I made contact with the Doctor and i was surprised and amazed when my boyfriend came back to me with he knees on the floor pleading to me for forgiveness to take he back as my lover. I thought i was dreaming because all this happened just within 24 hours and it happened as the spell Doctor as said. For that wonderful encounter with this man, i took a decision on my path that i will let the world know about Dr Mamudu for he’s able and capable to solve any problems. Get in touch with him drmamudu47@gmail. com bless Dr Mamudu l love you or add him on Whats-app: +2348143284524

it is his father, whether he is there or not, whether he pays support or not. If you don’t allow him to see his father, as he gets older, he will wonder. As long as his father isn’t abusive, there really isn’t any reason, not to allow him to see his father. Again if you don’t your son just might not like that as he gets older. Trust me, form someone who is from a broken family. My mother said nothing but bad horrible things about my dad, yet he never said one bad word about her. She took us, at a very young age , ran away with us, then abandon us, Then my dad got custody. When she finally wanted to see us, he allowed us to decide. The freaking bitch died a horrible death :slight_smile: So that tells you, just want I finally thought of her as the yrs went by :slight_smile:

Your friend is right

How would they get to know each other? I personally let my baby see his dads side Everytime they are interested. And now everyone is older, his cousins are always asking about him, so grandma wants him around more. My ex still hardly ever sees him, but when he wants to, I let him. My son was about 3 when they came into his life, and now (7) they even have my other son (4) over to stay the night too. We were just there this weekend for a fathers day bbq. And my bf always gets praise and love from them for stepping up when my ex didn’t. (We were 14 when we got pregnant, I was 15 when I had him, my ex turned 15 a week after I gave birth. My boyfriend had been his father figure since he was 18m. I never keep family away, you never know when your time (or someone else’s) is up. As long as the child is safe, family is important

Either say no or stay with child. He’s 5, he shouldn’t be left anywhere, while not knowing anyone. Considering it’s fathers day doesn’t make much sense for the grandma go ask to have the boy… Is their a reason it’s just be brought up now on fathers day all of a sudden…

No way. He may have been a sperm donor but he will never be a dad

No! Don’t send your child off with anyone you dont know! You need to be there to supervise. Once you know them and trust them that will be fine!

Do not let him go. I don’t trust that family