Should I be worried about my 4 month olds sleeping pattern?

Should I be worried about a 4 week old sleeping 6-7 hour stretches at night? Would you still wake every 3 hours to feed? During the day He eats every 2-3 hours, sometimes less , usually 3-4 oz at a time. Plenty of wet diapers during the day & was past his birth weight by a week old. What do you think?

3 Likes

My sister was like this, my mum tried so hard to wake her up and feed cos she was told to feed my sister every 2-3hrs.

But doctor said just let her sleep and she’ll let you know when she’s hungry

I didn’t worry as long as they were thriving. I never woke them purposely to feed.

4 Likes

Definitely not let him sleep my daughter slept through the night since I brought her home from hospital.

As long as your baby is thriving, don’t wake them!

2 Likes

Yes you should still wake.

1 Like

I always said dnt wake a sleeping baby especially if they healthy & thriving which sounds like they are. They will wake when hungry.

3 Likes

If your baby is thriving and is healthy I’d let them sleep. I never woke my babies up to eat they need sleep to grow.

What? Let that baby sleep

My middle child came home from the hospital sleeping 6-8 hours at a time. I was told not to wake her up unless I noticed she wasn’t eating enough, wasn’t having wet or poppy diapers, or she wasn’t putting on weight

No not at all. My preemie is 13 weeks n been sleeping 10+ hours for about a month since 11lbs. It means they’re full from what they have ate all day n satisfied :yellow_heart:

You are one of the lucky ones. I am too :blush: a baby that sleeps all through the night is fantastic if they are thriving. My little one sleeps all through the night and has since about 3 weeks old. Everyone I say that to says that I am lucky I didn’t have to do night feeds.

Is the baby 4 WEEKS or 4 MONTHS?

If the baby is 4 WEEKS, there might be some concern with him sleeping 6-7 hours straight.

If the baby is 4 MONTHS, then no. Let the baby sleep.

As long as baby is staying on the same weight and hight pattern let baby sleep. Waking a baby through the night will ruin his sleep cycle

Let sleeping babies sleep at night

Don’t wake a sleeping baby!