Should I cancel my sons summer camp because he keeps wetting the bed?

My 8 year old keeps regressing in their potty habits. My kid is supposed to be attending an overnight camp this summer but lately has regressed and keeps soiling himself around bedtime the last couple of nights and this has been on and off for years. Sometimes the regression lasts a day or two but then we go months with no problems and they’re fine. I don’t know why this has been a reoccurring thing. I understand regression happens but it is so stressful on me as well as the kid, I try my best to be patient and understanding and positive and teaching but it is hard and it will still happen. The fact that I have a 7 year that doesnt even know how to wipe themselves and rather soil themselves while they play a game than use the toilet makes me feel like a failure as a parent. Mind you, screen time is limited to an hour during the weekdays and Ive done everything I can to try to correct this issue.Now I dont feel comfortable sending them off to camp like this and embarassing themselves. I dont want to cancel it but what am I supposed to do? He was so excited and I was so excited to give him this experience but this regression is a setback. I cant knowingly send my kid who cant take care of themselves to an overnight camping trip but I feel like Im punishing my kid over it, what would you do? Hope this regression period ends and send them anyways? Or cancel and hope next year they will be in a better position to go?

18 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Should I cancel my sons summer camp because he keeps wetting the bed? - Mamas Uncut

8… You’re WELL past the regression stage. He’s not a baby. Get to the cause of it

5 Likes

I would recommend a trip to the doctor and maybe getting back to an overnight “pull up” type thing. And keep reinforcing that cancelling is an option if they can’t be bothered to stop going to the bathroom in their pants, or at least trying. My nephew wet the bed a few times a week until he was like 12 because of a medical issue so don’t count out the doctor options too

1 Like

Take him to a doctor to make sure there’s no underlying issues and it’s not just laziness. I’d take everything away from him until he learned how to properly wipe though, because that IS pure laziness. At 8 years old, he should have learned that a few years ago.

4 Likes

Contact a doctor. On top of that I would take the games completely away since he won’t get up to go to the bathroom. Make him wipe himself, you can stand in the doorway and watch if it helps you both

1 Like

Do you remind him to go to the bathroom? He’s still young… so probably walk with him there and make sure he actually tries to empty his bladder. It’s pretty common for kids to have this issue. It’s a communication issue within the body. My daughter is ten and I still remind her to use the bathroom when I notice she hasn’t gone in a while. I think she doesn’t get the “urge” or feeling (if you will) that it is time to go.

A lot of kids r like that my son use to wait very last min to use the restroom because he didn’t want to get off the game
Bed wetting could be anxiety thing or bladder thing I would make a dr appt just to be safe

2 Likes

I would make a doctor’s appointment. Make sure there’s nothing physically wrong with your son. Take the game away until he wipes himself properly. That is laziness. Then, when he’s got that down pat, let him have limited time on the game when he stays clean and dry. Tell him that you can’t send him to camp if he’s still wetting or soiling himself. Other kids are not nice and will bully him. Also it’s very embarrassing to be the only kid in camp who makes a mess of their bed. Or can’t make it to the bathroom. If he doesn’t show improvement pretty soon, it would be a good idea to wait till next year.

2 Likes

Regression doesn’t happen that age. Something else is happening… Find out if he’s being bullied at school or someone who’s around him may be the cause. I wouldn’t punish him as its not his fault.

5 Likes

Cancel it. Is is not the camp staff’s problem to deal with. It’s kind of an unmentioned expectation that a child of that age be able to take care of their bathroom needs and be fully trained before attending overnight camps. I would suggest bringing this up with your son’s doctor to see if there’s something medically going on to start. If that’s ruled out then I’d definitely be spending the summer riding his case on the matter because he should know when to go at this age and not put it off.

8 Likes

At 8 years kids doesn’t have regression episodes,you should take him to a doctor for a evaluation.

And NOT , I will not send him to a overnight camp if he still wetting the bed , it’s not the staff responsibility to deal with that and you know how mean kids are at that age

9 Likes

I Get Paid 0ver $ 110 per hour w0rking from h0me. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 13830 a m0nth doing this and she convinced me t0 try. The p0ssibility with this is limitless.

SEE MORE HERE… https://ProLifeStyles7.pages.dev

Something is definitely wrong here as stated 8 year olds don’t regress.
Definitely take him to the dr also talk with him and see what’s going on, let him know that he can tell you anything that’s going on or bothering him!

2 Likes

If they cant wipe themselves, then they arent ready for summer camp. If its just bed wetting, you could send them with pull ups?
Also i agree with ladies above… sounds like something else is happening, to cause this.

6 Likes

Have him checked by the doctor. But I would cancel the camp. I’m not sure what the issues is but say that he just isn’t ready for camp yet because of this. It’s not a punishment it’s just the way things have to be if it’s happening.

3 Likes

Umm have you had your kid to a child psychologist about possible sexual abuse this is a huge sign of it

5 Likes

Cancel camp. If the kids see him wetting the bed they will make fun of him forever. Kids are cruel. And your son will continuously get embarrassed. Also bed wetting is a sign of psychological issues.

3 Likes

Not wiping properly is laziness or just rushing back to the game he was playing. Id stop him playing if hes not doing that properly at that age.
Soiling himself …since its not happening all the time id suggest hes constipated and suffering a bypass that he may not be feeling till its too late.
Definitely see a Dr incase its something medical and maybe keep a diary of what hes eating /drinking /doing when these accident occur…you may find theres a pattern
Camp…hes probably not the only one who’ll have accidents and the camp staff should be well able to cope but id ask them if thats possible and Definitely supply pull ups for night time if hes allowed to attend .
Personally wouldnt use cancellation as a punishment but would rather tell him youll ask if hes allowed to go

3 Likes

l get paid over $ 198 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $ 19351 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://dollarearningjob16.pages.dev/

1 Like

SA is one of the number one causes of bed wetting in children past the age of 5. Im so sorry this is a challenge for you. I would ask for a referall to a urologist. If no issues are found, child psychologist then psychiatrist. Talk with the school and ask how student interaction has been. One step at a time. One day at a time. I would do the camp. The break might be good.

2 Likes

My son’s best friend had problems as well still and they are 8. He wears pull ups. HE just goes into the bathroom to change into his pajamas and he puts on a pull up and no one is the wiser. I would cancel his summer camp for something he has no control over.

2 Likes

Take him to his doctor. It is not normal for his age to not be potty trained. Something else is going on. Perhaps psychological or developmental issues? Good luck, Mama.

You should talk to his Dr because this isn’t typical. Also let him know he can’t go to sleep away camp because of this maybe it will help him want to do the right things.

First, sit down & talk to your kid. Ask him why he thinks he’s having problems. Sometimes it’s as simple as he’s drinking water too close to bed time, without you realizing. Sometimes it’s that he’s sleeping so soundly. As a lot of people have pointed out, it can be a sign that something is going on emotionally. Whether there have been new life events, he’s being bullied, or the possibility of abuse. All you can do is talk to him, & reassure him that you’re a safe space & you want to help him.
If it’s none of the above, take him to the doctor. Sometimes there’s something wrong physically. I know our kiddo had to go on medication for about 4 weeks, & it essentially helped her to control her bladder better until she got better control.
Just be honest with your boy & let him know that you want him to go to camp, but you can’t in good conscience send him if he’s still having problems at night. Try coming up with an action plan together, & give him a set period of time to try & prove to you that he can go. Otherwise just explain that there will always be next year.

It’s not always related to sa Jesus people :see_no_evil: I had this issue up to age 12 it was because I was stressed and being bullied same with my eldest daughter. It was psychological it passed in its own time, when I got older I didn’t want this happening anymore so it stopped also I got so use to it happening I became lazy to it .but it can also be a medical issue so needs to see a doctor. Also you can get bed wetting alarms that go off right at the drop if amy urine .

3 Likes

Each new opportunity that you come across, always try to give it a try because this might be your
Golden chance of making yourself good income, you don’t have to wait, its free, work towards it my dear I promise you will make it out successfully as I did stop having double mind.Dm her
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

WOW :astonished: this is really amazing earning massively from Bitcoin investment with the help of an honest and genuine expert Manager Ma’am Elizabeth James , As a newbie I started with what I could actually afford (starter plan)and to be honest am shocked with the outcome​:astonished::heart:SO AMAZING :clinking_glasses:…to get started contact​:writing_hand:

1 Like

Each an every moment of my life. I keep thanking God for directing me to your path, you are a God send, now I’m debt free through crypto currency investment
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

1 Like

I Can’t believe this but it’s true and I’m happy this online trading could change my life for good…Thanks once more for the effort and support you put in making my life worthwhile… God bless you Mrs, Elizabeth James I’m really excited to be apart of this wonderful opportunity ma’am🙏reach out to her
:point_down::point_down:

1 Like

I am so lucky to invest with Mrs Elizabeth James she’s the only account manager I’ve seen to be legit and also keeps to her words, I don’t really know if there are others out there. But I can tell you since i started investing with her I’ve been benefitting from her platform a lot. You can contact her and make your own profit, message her on the name :point_right:

1 Like

I hope he has seen a doctor. It’s probably embarrassing for him too. Shame doesn’t motivate anyone to stop especially since you act likes this is a personal attack on you and embarrasses you. chances are he already feels bad and wouldn’t feel comfortable telling you things. I myself had a kid that wasn’t doing it on purpose and he was older too and he had an actual problem . I’d cancel because it’s just too much for YOU to handle. Please get him checked out and maybe evaluate how his issues affects you and also maybe get some counseling

Google encopresis… Not sure about the spelling. My daughter has it and that’s what it sounds like your son has to me. It’s not intentional. He can’t control it and punishing him won’t do any good. Just buy him the big kids pull ups. Yes, it’s expensive but saves him from embarrassment and you from having to constantly clean soiled underwear. Plus, it’s cheaper than new underwear all the time.

1 Like

can you just get them some goodnights for bigger kids so he can just throw them away when soiled and no one needs to know

Personally I would explain to your son he won’t be able to attend camp because of this issue. Explain to him the real reason…kids are cruel and if it happens he may be made fun of. Be sure to tell him this is not a punishment but to protect him from embarrassment. And that when he is older he can go when he is better able to use bathroom.

I’d let him go and just give him a pull up to use with a little bag that he can hide it with if he needs to. I wouldn’t tell him about the pull up until the night of just to see if things go back to normal, but it wouldn’t hurt to send him with it. I’d definitely bring him to the doctor to make sure everything is alright and he doesn’t have involuntary bladder issues