Should I charge more to babysit?

You are being taken advantage of. You are feeding her kids out of your own pocket. $30 a day is nothing per hour and for the amount of care you do.

3 Likes

Shoot when I baby sat I only charged 20 a day and I did all the things needed for them food snacks clothes and sometimes diapers

You need to have the talk stand your ground every job has a start and stop .

2 Likes

You are charging way less than the average.

1 Like

I would let her know, every hour she is late is time and a half !!

You should charge atleast $100 a week per child and even thats cheap & extra for anything after 5:30 pm or just stop babysitting your not making anything at all ( feeding them, electricity, water etc) is costing you that much a day to care for them plus chasing 3 kids all day & she’s taking advantage by not sticking to the agreement by picking up her children on time. Thats disrespectful and disruptive to your own household and life. It’s not worth it. I would tell her that you can’t do it for the original amount quoted because its not feasible & costing you and that her picking them up late is interfering with your own family. Personally I don’t even try to negotiate with people who right off the bat take advantage of me because I know where that leads. I would just rather not deal with people who are like that because they have no respect and its a never ending cycle.

Yes you r being taken advantage…especially if she havent spoke to u about the pick up time changing. Let her know the first agreement was 530 now that she has been picking them up without asking ur gonna charge 5 dollars for every 10 mins she is late after 530. Thats what my daycare charge for parents who abuse the pick up time after closing.

You’re not wrong for feeling that way, that’s super cheap and you use your own money to feed them and stuff, no you should definitely get upset and charge more cause she broke the deal on what time to pick them up and you should be charging at least $20 a kid and that’s for food drinks snacks and your time she extended the time to pick them up you extend the price it’s only fair

Definitely charge more but don’t immediately assume she’s taking advantage. There may be other things going on there.

Oh yes charge more. Tell her u need money for food an tell her too pick up kids by 6. She is definitely taking advantage of u

Tell her you’re gonna charge more or she’s got to provide meals and snacks .

She’s taking advantage of you. Yes you need to charge her 120 00 a week, she needs to bring food, diapers, snacks for her children to eat. She needs to be there to pick up her kids by 5:30 if not charge her 20.00 extra for every 15 minutes she’s late.
If she had them in a day care, she would pay more than a 120.00 and if she wasn’t there by 6:00 she would he charged more than 20.00 every 15min.
If she doesn’t agree, then tell her to find someone else, and see how fast she comes back to you.
STOP LETTING HER USE YOU. OPEN UP YOUR EYES, to this woman.
Im telling you 120.00 a week for 3 children and especially if any are in diapers ,she’s still getting out cheap. Myself, if i watched her 3 kids, i would be charging 150.00 a week, 30.00 if not there by 5.30 and she would be bringing the food,snacks, and diapers.
She’s using you and taking advantage of you, i don’t care if she’s a friend, family member or what she is to you, you need to stop her in her tracks before you find those kids staying at your house until 9.00 or 10.00 at night. She’s out enjoying herself after work while you watch her kids.

Charge more, for sure. Sounds like she’s taking advantage of you…sorry that is happening! :woman_shrugging:

Oh wow yea she is fully taking advantage. 8pm that’s your time. Bedtime routines for your kids are special times. I would let her know 6pm is the latest. Stand your ground.

It’s nice to be nice but don’t be a fool. Watching someone’s kids is not easy and it’s a serious responsibility. If she’s not willing to pay you what you deserve … don’t do it. People will only get away with what you allow!!

2 Likes

$30 a day for 3 kids is extremely low. And additionally you are providing the kids with free meals too. I dont know where you are from but here in NY that’s a steal, and yes you are being taken advantage of in every way.

2 Likes

$30 per child right? (And even then that’s so cheap! You are undercharging… daycares are usually $55+ per child per day)

I’d charge 40 per child to cover food costs and time three children and feeding if she can’t pick them up till later then add an extra fee don’t sell yourself short and don’t let anyone walk over you!

Should be 75 per day for 3 kids. with a $15 per 15 min she is late. $1 dollar per min. After the 1st 15, Charge $2 per minute , next 15 min it’s $3 per min. Etc.
When I had mine in daycare I was charged $10 per min if late. I was never late!

U should be charging at least double that, your spending more on food for the kids than actually getting income plus your using your time to watch them. I sat at least $60 a day and set up a pick up time. She still won’t find cheaper. It’s expensive especially 3 kids. I wouldn’t put up with that. Lay it down or she will continue using you and taking advantage.

$20/kid/day and if she’s late it’s $5/min

4 Likes

I would be sitting down with her…
Tell her how you feel…
You are basically charging nothing if feeding kids meals and snacks…
It’s ok doing favors for people so they can get on their feet for example…but this is a lot more than that especially if she is doing stuff after work…
You definitely have to have a chat

1 Like

You are tooo nice!!!:rage::rage::rage:

I pay 35 a day from 9am to 5pm for one child.

1 Like

That’s basically $1.00 per hour per child. You are absolutely betting taken advantage of. When my one kiddo was in daycare it was$150 per week and it would have been $200 if she wasn’t potty trained.

I pay 260 a week equals out to 52 a day for my daughter plus I provide all her meals/snack and this is a family member who watches my daughter…you are definitely getting taken advantage of! I would be saying something

1 Like

The fact that you are even asking let’s me know you are a kind person. Look at it this way, her children and her lack of consideration are taking away from you and your family Physically, monetarily, and it’s time consuming. Sit down and talk with your family member and tell her with the new baby, you need her to be on time to pick up the kids, exactly at 6:00. If she is running late, it will be an added $20. She is to start packing their lunch and snacks or pay you extra but you can no longer provide the food. It will suck and you will feel awkward and uncomfortable but do it and she has no other choice but to because she needs you a hell of a lot more than you need her. See the thing with people like her is that they know exactly what they are doing. I’m sure she is a good person but with that type, Once you start allowing her to slack off, you’ll be at her mercy. If she doesn’t bring enough snacks, text her and tell her that the kids want more. Put your foot down and be absolutely direct. I’d rather take a day of feeling uncomfortable than let weeks/months go by feeling taken advantage of.

1 Like

She’s taking advantage of you. She found someone to raise her kids for her, give her a set time to pick up her kids.

It’s one thing to help out a family member with low fees but it’s not ok for them to think that can last forever. You are charging her for a day what most parents pay for a sitter to watch kids for a couple hours out. This happens in your home and you feed them this family member is being inconsiderate and taking advantage

You are so being had wake up tell her you cannot do it anymore that’s ridiculous :rage:

Family member or not she us totally taking you for granted :angry:

Absolutely you should be charging her more! Sounds like you aren’t even breaking even with how much food you are feeding her kids.

1 Like

Say it has been a couple weeks/months to help you get you on your feet, so now we need to review the price. Most places charge $25/30 per child, plus parents provide the meals/snacks/diapers. Plus $5-20 fee for being late. Let’s do $80 and I’ll provide the food/diapers