Should I force my daughter to see her dad?

From my experience, the worst thing that happened to me is that I was considered “too young” to decide not to see my bio father and instead I was forced to go, whilst my brothers who are older could make that decision (just to include my mum supported my decision, though she felt that it was out of her hands). Obviously my father’s case is different, he was abusive and nasty at the best of times. If she doesn’t want to go then she shouldn’t be forced to. Really she doesn’t know this man, all she knows Is that he is blood to her. It’s like going to stay with a complete stranger. It’s great that she’s been able to feel comfortable to be open about her thoughts and feeling to you. Maybe the bonding process needs to be slowed down a bit, he can’t expect to just come into her life and be expected that it’ll be all perfect. I tried that with my bio father and that did not work out for me. If he can call her once a week and have a conversation with her and slowly build that bond that way, if she’s interested in showing him things etc. She needs to warm up to him as much as he needs to warm up to being a father.
From my personal experience of growing up without much of a father figure, these things need to be taken slow, it’s much different now that she is older and able to think more for herself. I think her thoughts and feelings are very valid, I can see you do believe the same. You don’t need to force your child and if he wants to take it to court, I don’t believe that he will have much to stand on, if he takes it to court, this will only make it harder for him to get close to her as I don’t believe she would much appreciate that.

1 Like

I would not make her go. At 14 even the courts would agree that she has the right to make her own decision about her parents. She knows who he is, has seen his lifestyle, and has felt his abandonment as a young child, and she does not have to feel guilty because her decision does not match his decisions. She does not have to own his guilt.

2 Likes

Absolutely not! He abandoned her. Don’t teach her that she has to accept that. Her decision and reasons for not wanting to see him are valid. Give her the respect he never did and tell her of course she doesn’t have to go see him. If you don’t she will resent you for the rest of your life.

1 Like

When I first heard about Bitcoin, I thought it was impossible. How can you have a purely digital currency? Can’t I just copy your hard drive and have your bitcoins? I didn’t understand how that could be done, and then I looked into it and it was brilliant. I do invest with Mrs Elizabeth James if you want to invest you can kindly clink on the link below to contact my mentor :point_down: :point_down:

Searching for a way to make money online has not been an easy journey for me. With so many trails and errors i went as far as collecting loan for investment but i am so grateful that all my debts has been finally paid off thanks to Mrs Elizabeth James Avoid scammers and trade/mine bitcoins with a genuine account manager with Mrs

Maybe compromise and see if she is willing to go for a shorter visit (like a long weekend vs a week or more). I’d definitely talk with the dad and try to make him let up and let her just be there without the forced family activity time. It sucks he left but if he is making a genuine effort to be in their lives, I’d have a little bit of grace with him even though he is not owed it. Perhaps turn it around and tell dad he can come visit them where you live instead.

14 is old enough to say where she wants to be and she prefers to be in her own home with her mamma then that where she want to be don’t push it cos she could end up dispising / hating you as well and thre relationship between her and her dad could become toxic

2 Likes

Crypto is the greatest investment to be made by anyone. Thanks to Mrs Elizabeth James I saw my payment In my wallet today thank you so much :heart::heart::heart::heart:

She is old enough to decide what sort of relationship she want with her “father” his basically a stranger to her and if his attempting to bond with her pushing what he wants to do all the time is not the way to go. He needs to give her space

1 Like

Sharing is caring that’s why I taught I should let you know about Mrs Elizabeth James, bitcoin company, I think good work deserves good recommended check out no pressure
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

I would not force her to go in the long run she may start to resent you. Its his fault there is no bond

I am so lucky to invest with Mrs Elizabeth James this is the only account manager I’ve seen to be legit and also keeps to her words, I don’t really know if there are others out there. But I can tell you since i started investing with her I’ve been benefitting from her platform a lot. You can contact her and make your own profit, message her on the link below :point_down::point_down::point_down:

Learning about crypto investment is a lucrative skill one can have, it gives you the privilege to see into the future and act towards it. It’s really amazing how it works, I was able to generate enough cash flow from my crypto investment. Reach out to Mrs Elizabeth James for more inquiries.
Contact her via the link below​:point_down::point_down::point_down:

No I definitely wouldn’t! If she’s so uncomfortable she’s coming to you to talk to you about it there’s a reason and having her go 4hrs away to a person she barely knows I wouldn’t even want to do it

I have been searching online a long time ago trying to get an income earning opportunity, but I only managed to run into different fake traders who never returned my profits until I met mrs ElizabethJames. I was convinced by her trade strategies especially after seeing lot of testimony about her. I have enjoyed a number of successful trades with her platform already and I can recommend her platform to everyone free free to contact her.:point_down:

Don’t make her go. One of my children chose to not see her father and I never forced her to go because I felt like she knew what was best for her. If they feel uncomfortable enough to tell us that they don’t want to go then we shouldn’t make them go.

2 Likes

l get paid over $137 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $19190 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://AmazingOption644.pages.dev/

Nope. At 14 I think she’s old enough to make the decision to see him or not. I wouldn’t force her into an uncomfortable situation. She will probably end up rebelling against both of you and not feel like you are her safe place

2 Likes

Be careful with letting her make the decisions. We finished in court on Tuesday getting my stepson back home after his mother took him while we had custody. She kept saying it’s his decision. Judge said he’s 14 and can’t make the best decisions at that age. As well as his therapist. Well he’s back home now and she gets visitation.

1 Like

In the state of Ohio a child who’s 11 years old can decide whether they want to go see the opposite parent or not I would not make her go

2 Likes

No if she doesn’t want to go I wouldn’t force her

I would not force her to go. He made his choices and now he has to live with the consequences.

Sounds like a normal teenager. That being said, it sounds like he’s trying hard. I would talk to him and do shorter visits but yes, insist she go. Sometimes we have to be parents and know this could hurt her long term. This would.

3 Likes

No , he gave up those rights and if she don’t want to go I would never make her. She has her reasons for not wanting to go trust her.

3 Likes

“Should I force my daughter”—- the answer will always be no.

Don’t force her …STOP!!

Legally you can’t make her go if she doesn’t want to. A child at the age of 12 has the right to refuse visitation even when there is a agreement in place. So if she is not wanting to go listen to her and respect her wishes. If you try to force their relationship it will only make it worse. It’s not your responsibility to keep their relationship alive its his. If your daughter needs space give it to her. He walked away from all of you and your daughter doesn’t owe him a damn thing.

He did this! This is the consequences of him walking out and leaving his family. His kids were not his priority and the hard work was done by you. I think it’s a mistake for you to force her. You start forcing her and she will start to resent you and it will cause a problem with your relationship with her. He abandoned them and moved away. This is what he wanted.

1 Like

Ob not what kind of question is this

The reason she doesnt want to go is not really a good reason she is not being abused or neglected in anyway she isnt being exposed to unsavory things it doesn’t sound like…yes he screwed everything up by not being around all those yrs but hes trying to do better she doesnt want to go because she thinks its suffocating that he wants to know everything about kid…she needs to communicate with him help her be honest and up front with dad help her work it out with him I’m sure he doesnt realise how she feels

1 Like

I’m very happy to see myself among those people testifying about Mrs Elizabeth James , how she helped us earn huge amount of money from home through trading, I never believe it before till I received my profits successfully it. was like a dream.i made my first withdrawals completely.if you are interested to earned from home, kindly click the name for more information
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

Sometimes in life you have to do what you’re afraid of doing because it might turn out to be the best decision, trading has never serve me right until I came across ma’am Elizabeth James who changed my life for better, ever since I started investing in her platform, I no longer have financial issues, thank you very much,
contact her to get started
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

Good to be part of the winning team. I actually didn’t believe any post online referring to binary options. I was so convinced after different testimonies about Mrs Elizabeth James she’s trustworthy,she gave me easy procedures, nice strategies and now my profits are massive, I invested and I received my profit contact her on Facebook by clicking on her Link :link::paperclips: below :point_down::point_down::point_down:

This is one of my greatest achievement in my life since I started investing Wow! Mrs Elizabeth James you’re the best that I have ever came across as an expert trader you have turn my entire life around for good all thank to Mrs Elizabeth James appreciate your trading contact her

It has been so exciting since I started investing with Mrs Elizabeth James the best in terms of trading . Because what other managers can’t do, she does it better and she always keep to her words. At first when I wanted to invest with her I was so afraid, but I never knew I was close to my success.God Bless you Mrs Elizabeth James for being a blessing to me. Contact her with her profile…via link

1 Like

If I enjoy this privilege all alone it shows how ungrateful I’m because I got this opportunity from a post here as well and saw recommendations too.All thanks to the good work of Mrs Elizabeth James i
Follow this Link to message her on facebook.

1 Like

After successfully 5 days of Trading with
Mrs Elizabeth James and I withdraw my profits I made a promise to her that I’m gonna share the good news to people mostly the US .if u’re looking for an account manger I’ll urge you to contact ma’am Elizabeth James she’s one of the best regarding to trade
Contact her through the name below

1 Like

Nope I most definitely would not make her go! He didn’t want to see them before. This could be the wife forcing him to do this because she knows he is/was wrong for what he did.

I went through the same thing with my kids. At that age, they can decide. Don’t force her, they’ll resent you.

Adopt the word. NO. HE never wanted them then so, No no no. You gave up your rights as a father many years ago. So No they are NOT ALLOWED TO EVEN VISIT YOU. YOU HAD YOUR CHANCE YEARS AGO SO NO NO NO and stick to it.

Nope… let her stay home

Don force them to go!!

He chose his bed now let him lie in it…NO

Don’t make her it could cause problems between u and her

Yup. Many divorced people & their kids dont have that choice.

No if she is uncomfortable don’t send her.

No. He waited until he was ready to try to be her dad, now he needs to wait until she’s ready to work on their relationship.

2 Likes

Don’t force her. It’s not on her to repair the relationship. She has to come to terms with her feelings and has to figure out what that relationship will look like. Give her time

2 Likes

No please don’t at their age they are old enough to decide if they want to see him or not, they’ll come around in time,but if you try to force them then rebellious behavior starts. Just Don’t!! Jmo.

That’s a tough one. He deff messed up. Would it help her for you to have a conversation with him about her feelings before she goes and see if he is opened minded to her feelings and thoughts? He may be “over trying” thinking it’s the best thing to do but she feels otherwise. And then have her go on a trial basis?

Why would you make her go? He signed away all rights and she doesn’t want to.

2 Likes

She owes him nothing. Hell no I would not force her to go.

1 Like

Don’t forget her or she will begin to resent both of you. Talk to him about how she feels and let him know he needs to show down some. It’s good he is finally trying but he needs to let the kids have some space if they need it.

Let her stay at home

Hes a stranger to her. I could only imagine how awkward it would be.
You should’t force her. Let her decide when she’s ready she will

1 Like

Never !! She’s old enough to choose and she doesn’t want to go. I wouldn’t either.

No, he stopped being her dad years ago. Let her take her time and decide.

No, don’t force her. If he wanted to be in her life, he would’ve been there every day after she was born. He decided he wanted to be a father now… now he needs to wait until and if, she is ready to have a relationship with him.

2 Likes

Wow. She’s not comfortable w him. And he neglected her so there’s that trauma. He’s not even deserving. She’s old enough to know what she wants. If she doesn’t want a relationship w a man who threw her away don’t force one :grimacing:.

2 Likes

At age 12 kids can go to family court and explain to the judge why they don’t want to see the other parent ,and get the right to stay home ,if she doesn’t want to go don’t make her ,and if the father has a problem with that ,take him back to family court and get his rights revoked

Please don’t force her. That is the worse thing you can do.

1 Like

I would let her make that decision.

1 Like

Your kids are old enough to decide for themselves but they also need to tell their father they don’t want to visit not you

2 Likes

If she doesn’t want to go, don’t let her go. Listen to her.

Don’t force her. She is being honest with you and she’s old enough to make that decision.

2 Likes

Absolutely not. She’s more than capable to make that decision for herself

She is olx enough to choose and you are not breaking a court order however she is 14. I would have more of a conversation about HER having a conversation…even if o er text where she tell HIM these things and they can try and work it out. He is the only BIO dad she will ever have and God forbid something happens will she have regrets for not getting to know him…
No guilt no pressure just speaking like an adult kinda of …of knew then what I know now kinda thing…

He signed his rights away so he has no place to make demands and he needs to know that but she needs to communicate her feeling to him also.
It can’t hurt. She already doesn’t want to go. But it should be her choice in this scenario

They can decide at 12

She shouldn’t have to go if she doesn’t want to. But she needs to tell him herself. Perhaps more phone conversations are needed?