Should I get the covid vaccine while pregnant?

Im currently 33 weeks pregnant, I had both the Pfizer jab and I was fine…all my midwife said when I asked wether it was safe was that it was safe but also my decision there isn’t a yes or no awnser as to whether you personally have to have it whilst pregnant x

1 Like

There’s been a study where the baby in the womb had antibodies after mum had both doses at around 30 and 35 weeks ISH? I can’t find the link now. But baby had antibodies so some protection when born. I’m 33 weeks and had my second dose about 2 weeks ago. We’re all fine.

2 Likes

Im 24 weeks pregnant and waiting til our little girl is born, but I’m younger and have no under health conditions that put me at a greater risk x

4 weeks after the baby is born def not before

1 Like

For God sake don’t ask people on the internet :joy: ask your midwife.

2 Likes

For the sake of a few weeks I’d hold off and just keep social distancing with a mask on. That way you won’t be questioning if it’s doing your baby harm if you get vaccinated. This way you know your baby is fine. Then get the vacine once you have recovered from the birth. There could still be alot of unknowns with covid and the vacine so I’d just wait till baby is born

1 Like

Please don’t ask people here soeak to your midwife or OB Dr qualified professionals giving facts not opinions that know your medical
Hx and risk factors ,then make informed decision for you snd your baby

Nope dont do it. Soo risky. I wouldn’t put a trial vaccine into my body

I won’t be getting the vaccine at all and I definitely wouldn’t when pregnant. Covid is all to new and so is this vaccine. Il get it once out of human trials until then me or a baby wouldnt be a guinea pig x

3 Likes

I personally would not put an experimental anything in my body wile prgnant.

2 Likes

I’m in the uk and chose not to have it til baby is born I just don’t think there is enough info yet, a lot of pregnant women have had it but don’t think their babies could have been born yet as it’s quite new

1 Like

No vaccine :woman_facepalming:t4::woman_facepalming:t4:

Pregnant or not, it’s a no from me.

I got it while breastfeeding. My best friend got it got it while pregnant. She will be 37 weeks Tomorrow. Both her and her baby are fine. It’s a choice only you and your OB should make.

1 Like

That would be a absolute NO!

The way the delta virus is going around I would. Protect yourself and your baby or keep using masks etc and avoid people. It’s a killer virus. Get it after in hospital when u have baby

1 Like

I’m 25 weeks pregnant and my Dr. said no and I agree 100%

Shouldn’t be getting it at all

1 Like

There is nothing wrong with this vaccine other than it can save your life…but that decision would be yours your DR.feels it would be safe for you and he is a professional unlike all the other people on here

5 Likes

No way! Depopulation

1 Like

I would trust medical professionals over Facebook doctors anyday.

5 Likes

I only got my jab yesterday, because I was pregnant and had my daughter 3 weeks ago.
There was no chance I would have it while I was pregnant.

Personally wouldn’t be getting it while pregnant

I have seriously been thinking about it just because I don’t want to be an anxious mess with people around my baby when she is born. All of my doctors have been pushing it on us. One of my OBs got the vaccine while pregnant her and her baby are doing great but I have been going back and forth about it and I’m scared. I just know too many people who are around us are not worried about it at all and think we can’t get Covid again because I got it while pregnant but that’s a total misconception but it’s a hard decision to make!

2 Likes

Absolutely. I’ve gotten both and I’m still breastfeeding my son. My sister in law got hers and she’s pregnant. Do legitimate research on it.

2 Likes

Don’t do it!!! I could send you :100: reasons why you shouldn’t… but I’m sure I’d get banned again for sharing the truth!

5 Likes

Please do. It’ll protect your baby.

3 Likes

I mean this in the nicest way possible - just because that person’s baby passed, doesn’t mean at all that the vaccine caused it, there are a number of reasons why someone may or may not lose their baby.

Getting the vaccine while pregnant, in my opinion is a great choice. It means you can pass on the antibodies to your baby through growth and then breastmilk (if you breastfeed/express feed) once they’re born.

4 Likes

Helllllllllllllll NO!
I won’t even get it and I’m not pregnant :rofl::sweat_smile:

7 Likes

No. There is not enough known about long term effects or what it may do to your baby

4 Likes

Why would tou put that poison in yours & the baby’s body?

7 Likes

Do your own research on the miscarriages the Vax has caused. The number are ridiculous. From the research my husband read over 50% of women miscarried after getting the vac

3 Likes

Please dont do it but do it. Lol

There are side effects with everything so that is always a risk no matter what you take. I personally think that getting covid-19 while you’re pregnant would be a bigger risk for you and baby. It’s honestly up to you but if you do get it, your baby will be immune to covid-19 so you’ll be giving your baby that protection without him/her having to get the vaccine later. Just talk to your doctor about any concerns or questions you have and go from there. From what I’ve heard from people who’ve gotten a vaccination, it seems that the ones who got the Phizer vaccination had zero or the least amount of side effects. Good luck to you and congratulations on your baby!

3 Likes

I’m choosing not too, at the beginning of my pregnancy it was said to NOT get it while pregnant or breastfeeding and now all of a sudden 5 months later it’s highly recommended? No thanks I’ll pass for now

5 Likes

I wouldn’t. I think it’s a bad choice. You shouldn’t put something like that in your body in my opinion at all, but especially not while your body is directly supporting another body.

1 Like

This is a discussion for you and your care provider only. Not the internet with 1000000 different stances and opinions regarding covid, and the covid vaccine.

1 Like

Also note that covid-19 and everything having to do with covid is highly politicized so I’m sure there will be lots of comments that are stated as facts but are really stemmed from an opinion so talk to your doctor and if you want to do your own research, only look at verified sources and websites, i.e websites that have .org and have medical references. You may already know this but I just wanted to point it out. Try not to stress too much mama and do whatever you feel is right for you and baby :blush:

1 Like

I’m fully vaccinated, got it in my second trimester. My baby is completely fine

i wouldn’t.
It’s too new.

I did my baby and myself are both healthy

No . Personally I didnt take any meds while pregnant and would not advise anyone to take part in drug trials while pregnant

I wouldn’t do it. They haven’t had enough time to see the long term side effects.

I got my 1st dose at 23 weeks and 2nd at 27 weeks with zero complications from the vaccine. Ended up with pre-eclampsia and gestational diabetes due to age, weight, 1st & IVF pregnancy. I am so thankful I got the vaccine though because my baby was born with antibodies at 36 weeks and gets boosts from my breast milk. It was one less thing to worry about in my very high risk pregnancy. Also recent data has proven both safety and antibody transfers. There’s also now substantial data on the safety in getting the vaccine for pregnant women that medical professionals have received and is honestly why they now recommend it. My OB gave me the info, where to find it and backed up why he strongly recommended it in my high risk pregnancy. He wanted us to survive anything thrown our way and had already heard about the Delta variant and knew it would come to the US.

1 Like

My doctors and I agreed that there isn’t enough long term study or proof so I opted out until baby is born. I’m confident in my own decision and choices. Do what’s best for you mama.

No… you have no idea the long term affects & it hasn’t been out long enough to know anything about it

1 Like

I got my first shot, going for my second next weekend at 33 weeks & having my c-section at 37 weeks. I have a friend who got it and she and the baby we’re fine.
We have an outbreak here so I need to be safe for my family.

1 Like

It’s been approved now. It was recommended for me to do it in the 3rd trimester.

There were a couple of horrible stories of women giving birth while in comas because of contracting Covid and not getting to meet their babies for several weeks. the risk of covid is far greater than the vaccine. If you do not get the vaccine you will need to be extra careful with masking and staying away from people!

My doctor told me to not get the shot because I am pregnant.

1 Like

Most definitely get the vaccine. It will keep you safe especially pregnant. There have been many stories of babies being fine after mom gets the shot. I have not seen any actual proven documented deaths of babies after the vaccine. Just because it’s on Facebook doesn’t mean it’s true.

I got mine and I have no regrets. Everyone says we don’t know the long term effects but we do know the long term effects of covid and it’s not worth the risk. The vaccine doesn’t even cross the placenta. so I’m confused what the major concern is. I get there’s not a lot of research yet but the risks of covid and the long term effects of covid are horrible. So bwteeen that and the potential of losing my baby bc of getting covid I decided to get it.

I refuse to get mine. My family all had super bad reactions to the vaccine and I’m not chancing it while pregnant. I’m already high risk

Yes! It’s highly recommended by a knowledgeable OBGYN. It’s highly advices at the facility I go too.

I got it in my second trimester and have a very healthy 12 week old.

Absolutely not. My midwife and OB team said the amount of reported miscarriages increased afterwards in women who got the shot. Not worth it to me at all.

1 Like

I said absolutely not.

I got mine n ive no complications with my pregnancy

I got both of mine first trimester and everything is perfect. My doctors recommend it so baby is born with a immunity against it. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I got both of mine while in my second trimester, we are both healthy.

I haven’t heard any horror stories and there’s no data on that

You don’t know how your body will react. Is it worth the risk? I chose not to take it

I wouldn’t do it!!! Not until after baby is born!

I personally would not

It hadn’t came out when I was pregnant but I had COVID when I was nearing the end of my pregnancy and had the antibodies till I could get my shot. I received both Pfizer shots and only had a minor cold. But if it was to have been out when I was pregnant, I would have taken it because I had Covid pneumonia and was in the hospital for a month. All my doctors told me that if it were around, I should have taken it.

I got my first dose at 34 weeks then second at 37 weeks, had my healthy baby girl 3 weeks ago with no complications.

Sorry but I wouldn’t even chance my baby’s health to think about having it

I know of a few women who have gotten the shot while pregnant and had a still born. I will not take the vaccine. There isn’t enough research on it yet. And even if you were to get the vaccine, it takes 2 weeks to build up antibodies in your body. So you will still have to wear a mask, socially distance and maybe even quarantine yourself for those 2 weeks.

Ask your doctor, not Facebook. Your baby and body can not be compared to other women.

Im almost 28 weeks now and Im outright refusing to put my baby at any risk of harm due to my decision to be injected with something that had very little results on pregnant women. By time I was to be fully vaccinated, id have my baby here and all so I’m definitely waiting until he’s here so I can be sure that he is happy and healthy.

I wouldn’t whilst pregnant :pregnant_woman:

I have had both the vaccines whilst pregnant, I’m now 19 weeks. Me and baby perfectly healthy :slight_smile:

Why the hell would you risk your unborn child’s life?!

Believe those horror stories, bc the media isn’t relaying information on bad cases dealing with covid.

Yes I did at 22 weeks and everything is fine

I’m not getting it while pregnant but as of right now, I plan to get it while breast feeding.

I got thr johnson and johnson at 25 weeks and im doing just fine it sould be ok

I’m pregnant and had the same dilemma! My midwife was very honest with me and said it was a bit of a grey area as to how it may affect the foetus after birth and the development of the child in early years as we won’t know this for years until the children start to grow. although at the same time there is nothing to suggest it should harm the baby. She also said it was total personal choice and that it would be fine to have the jab AFTER the birth, I told her I would wait and she agreed it was probably best.

I had my first dose at 22 weeks pregnant. After doing loads of research and speaking to a couple of doctors, the risk of catching covid while pregnant and not having the jab just wasn’t worth it for me. With already having 2 children, I couldn’t risk myself being ill and in hospital. Either way you cant win are going to judged just do what you think is best for you x

I’m 29 weeks has it two weeks ago everything’s fine had it due to underlying Heath problems xx

The fact your even asking trust your gut instinct… there is no right or wrong answer it’s your choice :+1:

No you should not get the vaccine it has proteins that are very bad for you