Should I go to my exes wedding?

Absolutely, I had my ex come, we remained friends with a child & it was great

I feel like they are just being cordial by inviting you but I personally wouldn’t go. Better things to do with my life than watch an ex get married lol boring

1 Like

Go to the wedding. Show your daughter that even though you are not with her daddy, you can still support each other.

6 Likes

If you’re but very close they probably invited you to be polite. I don’t think I’d go, but maybe help your daughter get them a special gift

1 Like

Thats great they have invited you, will make your daughter excited about going too! I went to my exs mother’s wedding, as we all get along, it was really special.

1 Like

Depends how comfortable or uncomfortable you would be. Personally I wouldn’t go. I’d maybe go to the reception party in the evening but I wouldn’t attend the actual ceremony.

I thinks it nice they invited you. There’s to much dislike between people after a Divorce. I think of the Country of Iceland. Check out their customs. I would go and it would be nice for your children to see this. Enjoy.

1 Like

He’s mayb hinting for you to be the one that shouts I object. :joy:

3 Likes

They sent you an invite for a reason if they didn’t want you there they wouldn’t invite you

2 Likes

I wouldn’t but that’s just me. I’m thinking they invited you so you can be the child’s caretaker when they want to party

2 Likes

Go it will show your child your are all one big family that get on good.if your ex didn’t want you there he wouldn’t invite you

9 Likes

I mean, it’s up to you. If they didn’t want you there they really shouldn’t have given you an invitation, so I’m going to assume they do want you there, which is really nice!

So then it’s up to you, really. Are you okay and comfortable with it? If it’s going to be awkward for you or you really don’t want to, there is no harm in declining. Just, be nice about it of course Haha. But if you’d like to go, then go for it!

1 Like

Wow that’s awesome that you are invited to their wedding
It shows you , your ex and his wife to be are united for the sake of the kids

7 Likes

To be honest it shows there’s no hostility between you, it may also be the fact they want your daughter there aswell…especially of she has a role e.g flowering bridesmaid, they may want you to be able to see that and share that experience with them and your daughter. Personally I would go to show your daughter that your all one family even though you and her dad are parted

5 Likes

Nice to be invited but I wouldn’t go

2 Likes

Wow that’s nice of them to invite you. I think I’d pass though.

I would go. It would be a great thing for your child to see, & for you. If you are going to continue to co-parent and raise your child, why not? Might even help in becoming even better friends. Support him in friendship. Show your daughter a great relationship between you, her dad and her nee step mother.

I only wish my parents had got along enough to want something like this from my brother and me. To show us unity, friendship. Trust me at 4 years old, she’s very impressionable and will remember things that touch her heart, wether it be good, or not. Unfortunately I carry the 4 year old traumatic memories so vividly :woman_facepalming:t2:. So IMO, as a child of separated parents, I’d say go.

4 Likes

It would have been more special if the daughter was a flower girl or ring bearer in the wedding party. They may have wanted the ex involved to be kind or wanted another gift from the ex. Who is paying for their outfits, travel expenses, hotel stay and food? ( I had several people not show up at my wedding costing me $3,000.00 in extra money spent. The women’s shelter got the extra food.)

Boundaries cause a lot of happiness to a lot of people!

I’m betting he would like tonhave his daughter there for awhile and if you are ok with going then go so she can be part of the wedding … let her see that you can all get along let her play and dance for a little while … you don’t have to stay all night but this way she is part of their wedding

2 Likes

I would go, it’s a nice gesture and I wouldn’t want them to think too much into me not going. People tend to form their own opinions regardless of your true nature. Besides, if you’re friends and not letting the past define your current relationship with one another, why not?

1 Like

It’s not intruding if they sent you an invitation. Showing up without being invited would be intruding. Go! Have a good time. Set an example for your daughter.

3 Likes

I dont see any harm it, personally in my opinion you’d be helping support your daughter emotionally, remember that you’re becoming a blended family now.

No!! You had yours!!
Their lives!!!

2 Likes

I would definitely go and bring your kid. If you guys are cordial enough. Your child will forever remember that mom and dad got along and she will end up being a better person from it. You should go with your child. I would.

5 Likes

I agree nice to be invited but i would kindly decline the offer .

2 Likes

I wouldn’t tbh but I’d send a card.

1 Like

I wouldn’t go but good for them for sending an invite

If you got invited then you wouldn’t be intruding :wink: Its nice for the kids to see that no matter that mom and dad arent together anymore they can still support each other. Be there for your child together not necessarily for them, but it would be a good thing to go and show your support :blush: its never a wrong move to show love and support to each other :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

I would go. My sons father is getting married this year and I’ll be going!! It’s so healthy for our kids to see !! :heart:

I would thank them for the invite, explain that it’s their day and how I didn’t want to impose on them, I would buy a gift as a thank you for inviting me and I would nip in quickly to see my child all dressed up

1 Like

I went to my exes wedding. It was the most fun wedding ever! Our son was 17 so farther removed.

Heckkkkk naaaaa. Send a card or something.

3 Likes

i would go it would be nice for your daughter to have her mum

1 Like

You can go to. support your daughter. It is the right thing to do for all of you and shows that he puts your child s feelings ahead of either of yours. She is a blessed child because many people aren’t that unselfish.

I mean if you got an invitation then I’m sure they don’t see you as intruding as they invited you. If you’re over your ex then go to support that you’re over him and that he deserves to be happy too. I guess if that’s how you’re feeling. If you’re not over him then kindly reject it.

My uncle went to my aunties wedding, he even cried lol their kids got to see that their dad was happy for their mom. To me that is the best way to start a blended family is by showing love and support for you exes future :blush:

4 Likes

If you got an invitation your not intruding you are the mother of his daughter now with her in mind they invited you so you and that beautiful daughter of yours can be part of their important day I’d say if you are going in peace go but if you aren’t allow your child the opportunity to be a part of his daddy’s special day just like you would want her to be at yours

thats AWESOME maturity​:+1:they obviously decided together to invite you.go for it and enjoy​:grin:nothing better than showing your child that you can all get along even tho youre not together​:clap:obviously youre not a bitter ex and new partner is not jealous.there are so many insecure jealous new partners that do everything they possibly can to interfere with still being an active parent and there are so many bitter exes too…GOOD ON ALL OF YOU​:clap::clap::clap:

Could you have been invited so they wouldn’t have to worry about who’s taking care of your child? My ex’s brother invited me to their wedding, and got upset I wasn’t going because who will care for the kids…

Nope they are an ex for a reason clues are in the letters E and X :joy:

Why not. I would especially if there are no problems :woman_shrugging:t5:

I would that’s me thou I would go for the kids sake and show that you know it’s okay just be civil and happy I think it’s a good thing they’re trying to include you on a their big day

1 Like

Well, if they sent you an invite they don’t have any issue with you being there. If truly you get along with them both, I’d say go and show your support for your daughters Dad and her new stepmother.

1 Like

I personally wouldn’t go! I would find it weird.

It’s whatever you want to do, there are no rules. If you are comfortable with and want to celebrate them then do it!

If you’ve received an invite it means they want you there. I think it’s nice

1 Like

I would to support my kids.

1 Like

Well for 1 is your daughter going to be in/attending the wedding? If so I would. Because you’ll get to see her all cute and dressed up but can also help keep an eye on her and what not since they will obviously be busy. As long as you guys get along and you and his family get along somewhat then I dont see an issue with it

1 Like

If I was invited to my sons fathers wedding I would absolutely attend! We love showing our son that we are all on the same team and support each other fully!

3 Likes

I think it would be good to show your daughter that you support her father and his new wife in their relationship. As long as no one there is going to start drama with/about you.

1 Like

Go its good for your child to see you all get along.

You should go especially if you all get along it’s shows so much to the child when parents work together and get along

1 Like

Go with your daughter and show her how happy you are to see her dad happy!

2 Likes

They must have discussed it before giving you the invitation. As long as they’re ok with it, you should go!

I got invited and my children after this relationship plus my mam,dad, brother and his family and my sister and her family to my ex’s family we all went. My ex and his wife get invited to my family partys/bbqs and I and my family get invited to theirs. We have no issues and all get on. My other children call them Aunty and Uncle and his parents buy me and my other children Christmas gifts etc…

2 Likes

Free babysitting for them on their big day.

2 Likes

If they invited you they see you as a family friend and would love for you to be there on their big day, silly goose!!!

Do what you are comfortable with. Only go if you care and would enjoy it.

I think you should go, it’s a year from now so I think you should take this time to get to know her better, call her and tell her thanks for the invite and go from there, nothing is wrong with going for lunch getting to know each other on a friend base

It’ll be good for your child to see that they can have their whole family celebrate each other’s good times and accomplishments! It’s an amazing step in coparenting, plus they invited you so they obviously want you there.

5 Likes

You definitely need to go!

1 Like

If they invited you, tht is their “olive branch”. For your daughters sake ACCEPT IT!
It means the world for a child’s separated parents to get along & do things together!
You are truly blessed!

10 Likes

I would go, you are thought of enough to be invited. My sons dad and his wife have been together for 6yrs, and I have never met her(they actively avoid us meeting why I have no clue). I found out they were getting married from my kid lol🤷🏼‍♀️

1 Like

They invited you so please don’t feel like you’re intruding. Plus your baby will love seeing you there celebrating her dads happiness. Don’t stay long if you don’t want to, but for sure go show face for a little.

1 Like

Why not.! If your all amicable and there’s no hard feelings between you all then yes. They obviously think Of you as family/friend. Be nice for your daughter to see that everyone is adults in a situation like this. X

2 Likes

Is your child in the wedding? And if not, is she invited? It was probably a kind gesture on their part if your daughter is in the wedding and if she isn’t, the you were likely invited to be her chaperone as they will obviously be busy. It was thoughtful, but if you aren’t interested in being there, I think they would understand. It was likely a kind gesture without any expectation from you. Just a way to include you for your child’s sake. But I get the feeling that they would not be offended if you declined. Sounds like y’all have a good co-parenting thing happening.

They invited you, you should go for the support of your daughter. I always invite my step daughter’s mother to our events. Babyshowers, birthday partys, ext. She has came to all.

1 Like

I personally would say thank you for thinking of including me but I’ll make sure the daughter is ready to go that day but I’ll be staying back

1 Like

If your daughter is going and you’ve been invited I would go. To help with your daughter as it’s going to be very busy for them and I bet they would appreciate the help to avoid meltdowns in regards to being overwhelmed or tired or hungry or needs to use the bathroom she can just ask you and not feel ignored and not feel bad for asking. It’ll make things easier. Hugs. You got this. For your daughter. Hugs

3 Likes

Since they invited you, maybe you should go.

If your comfortable to go then go have a good time
If your not comfortable then simply don’t go
If you all get along why not

I bet it would benefit your daughter. If they sent you an invite I would go…if you’re able to handle it. ** I don’t know if I could, without being happily married myself first. If you can’t and still want to make an appearance, see if you can’t do the reception instead.

I think it comes down to personal preference. They invited you, they are extending the olive branch, it’s not intruding. What does your gut tell you?

If they invited you go! Show your support and get this coparenting off to the right start!

2 Likes