Should I have a party for my sons birthday?

My son is about to turn one year old. I’m confused about whether or not to hold a party because of the pandemic and the restrictions by the government. Can you please ask if they were in my place whether or not they would invite people to come to our house for a party? Government restriction is only 15 people allowed for a gathering. Thank you very much.

4 Likes

We’re in New Mexico we’re down to 5 people in a group. My daughter was suppose to have a party this weekend she’ll be 4 on Wednesday but instead we’re doing cake, ice cream and presents with the ones we live with. And we’re playing games with her.

1 Like

Have your party after the election. Or do what you want. Nobody can tell you how many people in your own damn house.

I wouldn’t think you should but that’s just my opinion. I know everyone looks at this pandemic differently and it’s really just all up to you. I’m pregnant with my first child, my husband and I both decided to social distance ourselves from everyone just to be on the safe side so our baby doesn’t get it. But like I said, it’s all up to you😊if you want to have a party then go for it but maybe just have very few people over? Or just celebrate his birthday with those in your household and have friends/family FaceTime on his birthday?

I never had Big Parties for my kids until they could retain the memory (4) we kept it simple pizza, cake, icecream and presents. Trust me, your baby wont remember thier 1st Birthday, make it easy on yourself momma.

4 Likes

Your child won’t remember this birthday party and really why risk your child’s life. You don’t know who is carrying this virus. Remember not everyone shows signs

2 Likes

Personally, I wouldn’t. Hold a small party with just you and the grandparents. My son is only 19 days old but I already know I’m not having an big party for his first bday. Parents and grandparents only. Realistically, they’re the ones that really care about his bday and the child won’t remember it anyways. I’m saving the big parties for ages 5 and up.

1 Like

My son is turning 1 next week. We’ve invited 1 person over and that’s all we plan to invite. He’s 1, he won’t remember this birthday. :woman_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

My kids all had huge 1st bday parties, granted there was no virus then…
But if i had a baby now i would still throw a party, that’s just me thou!!

2 Likes

I canceled my daughters 4th birthday this year didn’t want to risk it. But I agree he’s one and he won’t remember it. I would just have immediate family over for cake and presents and his smash cake :birthday:

1 Like

Maybe have a drive by birthday party,

I personally wouldn’t. I don’t do big parties for my kids either. If someone invited me to their child’s party I would respectfully decline.

1 Like

I am next month for my daughter who turns 1 and she was born prematurely and I’ve worked this entire pandemic and so has her grandmother who watches her at night while I work. Almost everyone that is coming to the party has already been around throughout the entire pandemic and has been in constant contact with me about any possible changes :woman_shrugging: im not going to keep living in fear. My government has killed more in nursing homes than not by his own actions. And those coming know the rules I have in place… hand sanitizers and such… those coming know the risks they are taking. Hate me if you want but I can bet you that the take-out food containers you get to take home come from me and my company and we haven’t shut down since day one :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

My kids went to a wedding this passed weekend. I knew I should have said “no” but to not cause any problems (fights/bad mouthing) I let my daughter’s go…now they are sick. My 5 yr old(asthmatic) was the flower girl…wedding was this passed Saturday. She got a fever monday morning and now my 2yr old has been sick since Wednesday. She has to take her neb everyday so far. I’m the only one trying to get them better, their dad is sick and he has to stay away now too.
Yeah don’t live in fear but also you can’t give babies antibiotics, kids come first before adults and their hurtful feelings.
Baby’s health is more important and it’s the 1st bday. Do something small within your own little family.

1 Like

I wouldn’t do it. Maybe an outdoor party somewhere where everyone could social distance but even then I probably wouldn’t.

A one-year-old doesn’t need a party under normal circumstances. Invite a couple of family members or close friends and give him a cupcake. It will be fine. Kids don’t need parties until they’re at least three and sort of cognizant of what’s going on.

My daughter is turning 1 in April and we are throwing a birthday party and my son will turn 8 in January he will get a party also

1 Like

My daughter turns 1 in December and I am still throwing her a huge party. No they won’t remember it but this birthday is fun and their first one also its memories for you and family and even them when they get older from the pictures! Mostly the people we invited was family and close friends but still looking at most likely 60 or more. If the pandemic is still going on then we will take steps with the party mask & hand sanitizer & don’t come if you been sick in 2 weeks but at this point I’m getting sick of the pandemic and I’m not canceling my daughters birthday party. I reserved the room over a month ago and they never said anything about it was limited to the number of people or nothing :woman_shrugging:t3: just my opinion.

1 Like

I think one year old birthday parties are stupid. Babies get overwhelmed by things like that and no adult wants to go to someone else’s one year old party.

I don’t like parties to begin with so having to have one while also dealing with a cranky baby that everyone wants to hold sounds awful.

The pandemic is giving everyone a perfect opportunity to not have parties so I’ll take it!

2 Likes

We live with my grandpa and my mom and that was all we did yesterday for my sons 4th birthday.

We had a small party for my daughters 1st in June. Grandmas and grandpas, godparents and her uncles were the only people invited I think there were 18 of us total.

We have the big number 2 next month but it’s just going to be us and grandma because grandma is our baby sitter so we are already exposed to each other.

1 Like

The first birthday is for you, not baby. 1yos will not remember the party. Many don’t enjoy it either. Too many people, too much chaos. I would suggest not having a first birthday party. Do a family celebration, let him smash a cake without a lot of ppl gawking at him. Take tons of pictures & share with extended family.

3 Likes

I only had a small family gathering for my eldest son’s 1st birthday and it was enough as he got overwhelmed quickly with all the noise and presents. Don’t be worried if you don’t have much of a celebration as he won’t remember it anyway :heart: this was years before all of this! My youngest will be 1 in March and I’m still not sure if he’ll have a party as such, probably the same again with just a select few family members, ones that have seen him through the pandemic anyway!

2 Likes

our son turn 3 years old we only had family there nobody else

K, my kids are in there teens, not one.
What we did was we put the invited out to the grandparents to come for a visit, and we let the kids pick some kind of take out. We got enough for everyone. We did give them the option to do a restaurant, but we could only do 6 people. We had 7. We did the cake.

To be honest I'd just keep it low key this year. Your child isn't going to remember his first birthday anyway, so I'd take advantage of it well you can.

I just invited immediate family and that was it

Our son turns 1 tomorrow. His “party” is Tuesday and pretty much just the grandparents will be there since we see them all the time anyways. Not going all out this year

I’d have a small family birthday party. A one year old can have a wonderful time with the immediate family. Your priority should be keeping your family safe and healthy. Many birthday parties have become so over the top that many people hate them. Keep it simple.

1 Like

things are crazy i wouldn’t he won’t remember make a cake and let him go

We had one for my 1 yr old. There was only about 25 people total. We had it outside on the lawn. I put out hand sanitizer and if people wanted to wear masks they did.

I had my kids birthday parties at my home in our backyard. That way people who wanted to social distance could. They both had great parties!

Who’s honestly going to stop you?!

My son will be 1 In January, I wont be having a party in the UK it will probably still only be gatherings of 6. He will have his nanny, his aunt, his dad and I and that will be perfect, and hes only 1, hes not going to understand it’s his birthday anyway, he wont miss anything, he will be amazed by the wrapping paper and not give two hoots about the gifts anyway lol (past experience from daddys birthday) all the best deciding

My son will be one in just over a week. Most of his family have never met him because of this virus. But we are only having my parents here. When this is over I plan to have a huge get together but til then I cannot risk any one in my family. Some have health issues. My oldest daughter will be 14 a week after his birthday and also will not have a party. I will add I always have large parties. But I just can’t do it this year. No one was here for my youngest daughters birthday in April just as it was getting bad here. You do what you have to to keep everyone safe.

That’s better then NM only 5 and if it’s not someone in your household you must wear a mask