Should I have another baby shower?

I got pregnant with my seocnd when my first was only 6 months old and i was telling my family that i was about to plan my baby showert and they all basically judged me since i had one not long ago…is it not normal to have two?

28 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Should I have another baby shower? - Mamas Uncut

ALL babies deserve to be celebrated

11 Likes

I’m having a baby shower even though it’s my forth child but different gender though

3 Likes

To each their own. I personally probably wouldn’t but would be all for a diaper party lol

5 Likes

Each baby is unique and worthy of special Celebration of their life .:pray::heart:

6 Likes

Each baby should be celebrate , do your baby shower and do not invite them

4 Likes

Each baby deserves to be celebrated. I’m on my third & having one for this one to!

2 Likes

You have one for each baby, right ??? Then, yes !!

I’m on my third boy and we were just thinking about doing a diaper party.

1 Like

You can choose to have a baby shower if you want to :heart: if people don’t wish to participate and have a bad attitude towards it they don’t have to participate :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

I had a very small turnout to my first baby shower which kinda broke my heart as a single mom seeing how few people actually cared. With my second and third babies I haven’t bothered. My sister in law put so much time and money into my first baby shower I could never ask somebody to do that again just to have such a small sad turnout and I certainly wouldn’t be spending the time and money to throw myself one. I believe every baby deserves to be celebrated but unfortunately a lot of people don’t feel that way. It’s becoming pretty popular to have what they call a sprinkle though which is supposed to be more like a mini shower/diaper party. I don’t see why you couldn’t call it that. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Maybe have a Welcome Baby party after they’re born because a lot of things from your first baby you can use for your second, so the gifting part of the baby shower isn’t really necessary except for things like clothes for a different gender.

3 Likes

Every baby deserves to be celebrated!:heart::heart:

Honestly with all the money I wasted on throwing a baby shower I could have just bought my own shit :rofl::rofl::rofl: did one with my daughter age 4 now, got pregnant with her brother 6 months pp and didn’t even bother :unamused: was pretty much like yo we have a registry if anyone wanna help but if u don’t we good :woman_shrugging::sunglasses::rofl:

For my second baby i did a raffle type thing… if your guests bring diapers or wipes they get entered in to win a gift basket. So everyone brought diapers and wipes and we ate some finger foods, cake, and hung out. It was a little more relaxed than a regular baby shower.

1 Like

I think that close together a second is called a baby sprinkle. It’s more for like, clothes and diapers.

With them being that close, id say have a baby “sprinkle”.

1 Like

Every baby should be celebrated. My friends are throwing me a shower for my third next month :blush:

2 Likes

It’s normal to have two but maybe not so close together. I had a baby last year and am pregnant again this year and pretty much have everything I need from my last pregnancy except diapers. I could understand if you’re having the opposite sex and needed new clothes too. But don’t feel bad people judge others all the time. You do what you feel like you need to do.

To each his own, of course. I chose not to have one.

They don’t have to come if it’s a problem geez

2 Likes

I just had my baby abs I told my boyfriend if we ever have another baby we are not doing a shower we will get everything ourselves! To each there own tho! If I was invited to a baby shower weather it’s there 1st baby or 4th baby I’ll show up :grin:

I agree with everything the previous people have said. I know people have baby showers for every baby they have. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that. Is this baby the same sex as your first? Because that could be a real good reason to have a baby shower if you need clothes for different sex

I had two (work then family) for my first girl (9), didn’t have one for my 2nd girl (7), had one for my 3rd girl (15 months), and had one for my son (4 months)

Do a baby sprinkle & instead of gifts do a diaper raffle. I don’t think it’s bad for wanting to celebrate another baby, close together or not. But I wouldn’t expect crazy gift-giving either.

4 Likes

Baby showers are typically for the FIRST pregnancy. If you choose to have multiples it’s typically a diaper party or a sprinkle for subsequent pregnancies. They are smaller and less formal parties where the baby and parents are still celebrated with family and friends but the expectations of gifts is not there like with a shower.

3 Likes

I think baby showers should be about celebrating life.

Instead of asking for baby gifts ask people to bring wipes and nappies or something small like formula, baby bottles and dummies.

Do lucky raffles, have a BBQ or other dinner foods and just celebrate life and family.

2 Likes

Just as your first baby needed those gifted items, your second baby needs the same items too…

1 Like

I had 3 kids and got 3 baby showers. If they judge you they aren’t your friends.

It’s time to celebrate

2 Likes

if you want one, do one. it’s nobody else’s choice but yours.

2 Likes

You can have a baby sprinkle instead. Asking for necessary items, but not as big as a shower. And have a diaper party included!

3 Likes

Maybe have a friend plan it? Send family, friends, co-workers whoever and invite? Maybe ask for diapers/wipes or gift cards to Walmart. The economy is bad, people are tighter with money. So maybe for the ones that went all out for the first want to, but can’t afford it? It’s possible. So, finger foods, cake, cute table, just something small, but great to celebrate? Like maybe put a $25 max gift amount limit on it… some may can only afford $10 pack of diapers, while others may can do more, but perhaps that would relieve pressure… and hey gift cards add up and are so helpful! Also, let people know even if they can’t afford a gift you’d love them to show up and shower you and the baby with love and support!

3 Likes

Why are we telling others that only the first child deserves to be celebrated?

Yes! Have that baby shower! Screw people. There are no rules on baby showers.

1 Like

Eh, I don’t judge anyone for having a second but I wouldn’t! Now after two and imma judge tf outta you.

2 Likes

Imo every baby deserves a celebration!

2 Likes

Honestly do what you want to do for your babies. Don’t ask these random women on Facebook who say rude stuff to anyone that’s not like them. Best of luck

Only have one baby shower for first child., anyone that gives to second child is a blessing , honestly I think it’s rude to have 2 so close. Just my opinion !

You could make it a baby sprinkle since it’s your second baby. If you ask them to bring any gifts or if they would like to bring anything, they could just bring diapers + wipes

2 Likes

I’ve always heard of friends or family throwing baby showers, not the mother planning them. But I’m old! What do I know?

1 Like

It’s funny cuz I had a baby born in July and now this baby is born in December so I am having a baby shower even if my baby is just turning two because obviously I need stuff like for it’s room and all the newborn winter gear. People who say baby shower is just for the first baby, that’s bullshit lol

I had 2 baby showers. One for each kid. If you want a shower then have a shower

1 Like

It use to be taboo to have multiple showers. I’m having a second one for my second baby. I think all babies deserve to have a day to be celebrated

1 Like

A second or third child, typically, gets what is called a “Sprinkle” not full on shower. Especially when they are so close in age.

For a first child most people do not have all the necessary equipment, clothing, etc for a baby.

And so close friends and family, recognizing the expense of preparing for the arrival of a new baby want to help.

For subsequent child, especially, for those so close in age the expense is not so great as the parents have the basic equipment.

For subsequent children, baby items can be passed down and reused.

Most people have much smaller showers for second and third children, otherwise it looks kinda greedy.

Also this is the worst economy in probably the last 40 or 50 years, people are hurting financially.

Also you shouldn’t be planning your own shower, someone close to you should give you a shower.

2 Likes

I had one for my second, but my kids are 10 years apart and I had nothing for a new baby. I would say since they’ll be so close in age, a sprinkle or just a diaper party would be more “socially” acceptable, but they really aren’t that much different from a typical baby shower.

2 Likes

It’s okay to celebrate all babies, but don’t “expect” big ticket gifts. Mine are 18 months apart and not as many people came to my second, which was fine. We asked for smaller items and bought bigger items ourselves, such as the crib and double stroller.

1 Like

Every baby deserves to be celebrated! You could always have a meet and greet after baby is here and people could bring presents if they like or snacks…

2 Likes

I honestly really want to thank Mr. Joshua Bunker who has brought so much light to my life, my family and visions through his trading platform bsvtrading-btcearnings.com. Although I’ve been working on this for a long time. Mr. Bunker, has helped me a lot through Bitcoin Investment Trade. I so much made it grow up to this point. Here is my dream shop and it’s 100% completed. With the help of Mr. Joshua, I’ve completed it quicker than expected.
I’m blessed with a shop :house_with_garden:, I’m really grateful to have Joshua Bunker in my life :revolving_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::tada:
Big love from Indianapolis :partying_face::handshake:t2:
Contact him via his link- Redirecting...

1 Like

There is absolutely nothing in this world that will provide more comfort and happiness than a testimony of the truth.
Thank you so much Mr. Joshua Bunker for all you have done for me through your BSV citadel hedge fund Trading platform, despite this ongoing inflation , I still made awesome profits under his mentorship. Please don’t hesitate to contact him on how to earn from bitcoin and altcoins successfully
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

1 Like

Good work deserves recommendation, knowing where to invest, what to invest in, who to trust and how to make profit can be very difficult as a beginner, but when you work with the right people, the road to financial freedom becomes a lot easier. I proudly recommend whosever is looking forward to join crypto should trade with Mr. Joshua Bunker and his profitable platform to yield the best result. You can contact him with the link tag below

There’s nothing wrong with having multiple baby showers. They’re supposed to be getting together to make the mom feel special and beautiful and celebrate the new little one arriving soon. In my opinion no one has to bring gifts even for that first baby shower.
if you want you could include gifts are not required on invitations, that way people know you just want to celebrate the new baby and your not asking for free baby stuff .

2 Likes

I had 4 baby showers

2 Likes

It is usually seen a little tacky, especially when close together.
Maybe a grandma shower or just a welcoming party

4 Likes

In my experience, there is only one motivation, and that is desire. No reasons or principle contain it or stand against it. Never stop believing in yourself.
When others doubt, don’t you. I never knew I could make such a huge amount of money with my little investment in Bitcoin, I’m so proud of Sir Joshua Bunker trading strategies and techniques. I’ll continue to invest under his mentorship and platform because God has used him to bless my home and my lovely family.

1 Like

Crypto Trading has changed my life. I always wondering why everyone trade with Mr. Joshua Bunker platform always giving out good testimonies but now I believe… Crypto trading is a profitable business only when you are trading with the right strategy platform. Your profit is always 100% secure I couldn’t believed my eyes when i saw my profit! I have no idea how to return the favour of the good work of Mr. Joshua Bunker . However, this is like a gift sent from God. Thank you so much Sir, I’m so grateful
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

2 Likes

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
I’m thankful to Mr. Joshua for bringing smile and happiness to my life and the life of my best friend through his crypto Investment platform , am so glad and so lucky to have him mentor my Bitcoin​:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

1 Like

Don’t be among the multitude that gave up so easily because of rumor and bad experience. know ur worth and strive for the best. invest with Mr. Joshua Bunker and get your profit without hindrance or unnecessary fees, i just wanna let you know there is still competent mining expert. Bitcoin has been making people Rich and God bless Sir. Joshua for this amazing opportunity​:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

1 Like

I had 3 shower but my kids aren’t close in age I got 14yr girl a 9yr old boy but he passed away at birth an I have a 6yr old girl an had a shower for all

1 Like

I wonder why people turns their eyes off Bitcoins and crypto currency trading knowing fully well they’re the faith and future of the world. Bitcoin and crypto currency trading are one of the most profitable online business I have ever gotten myself into, I am happy i made the right decision to invest with, Mr. Joshua Bunker who help me Boost my financial status… My appreciation and gratitude to Sir. Bunker for making me who I’m today, I can say I’m leaving my dream life… I’m happy I invested under the right platform… May God continue to bless you Joshua.0 I’m so grateful​:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

I noticed a crowd of people giving thanks to Mr. Bunker for helping them. So I decided to give him a try and to my greatest surprise my first two weeks of trading was very successful, I made a very responsible amount that I can’t even get from my current job, I guess someone might need his help as well, I can’t stop sharing his good works :pray::pray:Click on the link to contact him, :point_down::point_down: :point_down:

Every baby deserves a celebration but maybe tone this one down bc obviously you’ll have everything from your last still and unless the genders are different you won’t need much.

1 Like

Just call it a “sprinkle” and everybody wins.

1 Like

Baby sprinkles are a thing for close in age, same gender babies. I threw one for my sister!

1 Like

No! You do not get another baby shower especially, since it wasn’t that long ago you had one! This is hilarious! Have you ever heard of the term “ONE & DONE!?” Today’s society! You’re not entitled to a baby shower for each child! Go buy what you need & want! SMFH!

1 Like

Yes. Many people have two baby showers.

1 Like

Every child should be celebrated don’t understand why people would get judged

4 Likes

I don’t think the issue is having a second baby shower, it’s have one so close to your last one. You already have baby stuff. You can celebrate the baby another way without asking for gifts again. If anything, have a diaper bash.

1 Like

Not so quickly no I agree with them

Every baby deserves to be celebrated! Maybe just do a diaper party or something similar, unless second baby is opposite gender, then do full on. It’s your baby, your family! If they don’t want to come great, more fun for those who want to celebrate!

1 Like

If the baby is the same gender as the last one maybe do a diaper and wipes shower that way u get diaper if u already got everything from the last shower

1 Like

You could do a “baby sprinkle” similar to a baby shower, since it’s so close.

1 Like

The first baby is like a huge deal milestone. A second shower is greedy IMO especially so soon.

1 Like

Do a sprinkle to celebrate the baby. Each baby should be celebrated! But don’t expect gifts and etc from guests since you just had one.

1 Like

Just have a celebration and make it clear you do not expect gifts, just a day to celebrate a new life. I think they call it a sprinkle or something when you already had a shower.

1 Like

Since when do people give themselves baby shower?

1 Like

My daughter got pregnant again when her són was 9months we had a baby shower for her then as it was her 1st baby I asked her if she wanted to have 1 this time as she is having a girl this time and she said no bcuz she already has all the big major stuff from the first time around(crib, car seat, swing, stroller,changing table etc etc). So we just told the immediate family and her best friend that were asking what to buy to buy girl stuff ,clothes, bows ,diapers etc. She told every one what color the room is (lavender&gray) and that she was going with elephants and koalas and the immediate family and friend have just been buying girly clothes and girly stuff then stopping buy and dropping it off. We will be having a big family celebration dinner after my granddaughter is born instead.

1 Like

No. Too soon to have another

1 Like

If people think it’s tacky, they don’t have to come :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Literally do it. It’s not “too soon”, it’s another celebration. Do what you want!

1 Like

Ehhh… I mean I get their concern. People also have their own expenses, and that is mighty soon. However, the people who really love you are gonna always help you as much as they can and not judge you for your choices. Do what you want! If you need the extra help then go ahead. If not then maybe just make a baby registry and let people help you that way. Good luck, don’t stress yourself love

Baby showers are to celebrate the baby. If you want one have one!! The people that are judging you, don’t have to come.

1 Like

Have a celebration party instead, tell people you’re not expecting gifts just want to celebrate your baby just like you did with your first. People can still bring gifts if they want.

1 Like

Have a diaper party or sprinkle. You still get the celebration without people feeling obligated to bring a gift.

1 Like

I think having a huge shower is a little overboard but a small baby “sprinkle” celebration should be had no matter how close the children are together. Every baby should be celebrated.

1 Like

I’ve had 3 kids and all 3 had a baby shower mind you I had all boys i had a space of 5 years between my oldest and my second and 2 years between my 2nd and 3rd but my family is huge and big on celebrating pregnancy its up to you let them judge

I honestly really want to thank Mr. Joshua Bunker who has brought so much light to my life, my family and visions through his trading platform bsvtrading-btcearnings.com. Although I’ve been working on this for a long time. Mr. Bunker, has helped me a lot through Bitcoin Investment Trade. I so much made it grow up to this point. Here is my dream shop and it’s 100% completed. With the help of Mr. Joshua, I’ve completed it quicker than expected.
I’m blessed with a shop :house_with_garden:, I’m really grateful to have Joshua Bunker in my life :revolving_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::tada:
Big love from Indianapolis :partying_face::handshake:t2:
Contact him via his link- Redirecting...

Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later, God bless this wonderful opportunity, I never knew it was possible to be earning massively from Bitcoin Mr. Joshua Bunker :balloon::revolving_hearts::pray: is the best when it comes to Bitcoin because this opportunity I share with you can change your life forever and I’m proud to have him as my trading account manager. I now earn more than my paycheck on weekly basis :champagne::tada::christmas_tree::rose::gift_heart::moneybag::money_with_wings:

There is absolutely nothing in this world that will provide more comfort and happiness than a testimony of the truth.
Thank you so much Mr. Joshua Bunker for all you have done for me through your BSV citadel hedge fund Trading platform, despite this ongoing inflation , I still made awesome profits under his mentorship. Please don’t hesitate to contact him on how to earn from bitcoin and altcoins successfully
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

Good work deserves recommendation, knowing where to invest, what to invest in, who to trust and how to make profit can be very difficult as a beginner, but when you work with the right people, the road to financial freedom becomes a lot easier. I proudly recommend whosever is looking forward to join crypto should trade with Mr. Joshua Bunker and his profitable platform to yield the best result. You can contact him with the link tag below

Crypto Trading has changed my life. I always wondering why everyone trade with Mr. Joshua Bunker platform always giving out good testimonies but now I believe… Crypto trading is a profitable business only when you are trading with the right strategy platform. Your profit is always 100% secure I couldn’t believed my eyes when i saw my profit! I have no idea how to return the favour of the good work of Mr. Joshua Bunker . However, this is like a gift sent from God. Thank you so much Sir, I’m so grateful
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

Typically, showers are given for first babies and for subsequent babies only when there is a long time between the babies.
The thought being that gift items are outgrown quickly, usually before they are worn out. And so the gift items can be passed down to siblings. And it is a terrible imposition to ask for more gifts in a short time frame.

Most people have small baby showers for second, third and fourth babies that are now called “sprinkles”.

These “sprinkles” are noticeably smaller, typically, just close family and very close friends.

Also the gifts are not as large and extravagant.

Sprinkles are considered is better taste as all babies should be celebrated without imposing too much on the good will of friends and family, especially in these hard economic times.

But you had large age gap.

That is very different than having a shower every year or two.

People care but have their economic constraints.

Yes every baby is a gift that should be celebrated :heart:

Yes every mom, every baby deserves to be celebrated. Who cares what people think :laughing: you celebrate that baby and becoming a mom again :star_struck::sparkling_heart: congratulations :tada:

1 Like

Idk should you? Why you asking us