Should I invite my FIL to my daughters party?

My husband doesn’t have the best relationship with his dad. My FIL remarried when my husband was 4. The step mother has never cared for my husband due to him “not being hers”. The step mother had another child from a previous relationship and my FIL and stepmother had a child together. My husband is the only one that went to college and works. The other two are capable of working but are users and choose not to. This past weekend the family got together and we were not invited for my FIL birthday dinner. My question is our daughters birthday is coming up. Do we invite them to the party or cut ties?

12 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Should I invite my FIL to my daughters party?

I would leave that decision to your husband

9 Likes

How does your husband feel about inviting him?..
Personally, I would send him in an invite for your daughter’s sake… It’s up to him if he comes.

Honestly I wouldn’t… if the FIL can allow his wife to treat his son like that, I wouldn’t subject my child to possibly being treated the same way… I always went by the saying “if your toxic to me, your toxic to my child, idc who you are”

13 Likes

After leaving my previous job 6 months ago, i’ve had some good luck to learn about this website which was a life-saver for me… They offer job for which people can work online from their house. My latest paycheck after working for them for 4 months was for $17448… Amazing thing about is that the only thing required is simple typing skills and access to internet…

Read all about it here… https://ClickIntoWealth187.pages.dev/

That’s a conversation you need to have with your husband

1 Like

Nope. I definitely would not.

2 Likes

How old is your child? Is other family coming? What does your husband want?

2 Likes

Nope, I don’t allow people like that around my child. “Family” doesn’t mean anything if they treat you poorly.

8 Likes

I think they have already cut the ties .

5 Likes

I believe in always being/ looking like the bigger person. Talk to your husband he should have a say but Personally I would send the invite knowing that they most likely would not show up anyway. And this way you can say you always made the effort, Even if you’re really cursing them in the back of your head. Best of luck :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

I honestly really want to thank Mr. Joshua Bunker who has brought so much light to my life, my family and visions through his trading platform bsvtrading-btcearnings.com. Although I’ve been working on this for a long time. Mr. Bunker, has helped me a lot through Bitcoin Investment Trade. I so much made it grow up to this point. Here is my dream shop and it’s 100% completed. With the help of Mr. Joshua, I’ve completed it quicker than expected.
I’m blessed with a shop :house_with_garden:, I’m really grateful to have Joshua Bunker in my life :revolving_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::tada:
Big love from Indianapolis :partying_face::handshake:t2:
Contact him via his link- Redirecting...

Nah, had your husband thought that would be a good idea, he’d have invited them himself.

1 Like

Nope I would cut ties. My famy isn’t any better. I cut ties. My kids have my hubby big family. The heck with mine.

1 Like

In my experience, there is only one motivation, and that is desire. No reasons or principle contain it or stand against it. Never stop believing in yourself.
When others doubt, don’t you. I never knew I could make such a huge amount of money with my little investment in Bitcoin, I’m so proud of Sir Joshua Bunker trading strategies and techniques. I’ll continue to invest under his mentorship and platform because God has used him to bless my home and my lovely family.

Must be more to this story

1 Like

I think this is your husbands call but I wouldn’t if I were in his shoes.

2 Likes

That’s your husband’s call

1 Like

Ask your daughter if she wants them there

2 Likes

Ask your husband how he feels about that

1 Like

Too much toxicity on that side, the less the better.

1 Like

That’s got nothing to do with you, not your choice to make. Let your husband make that call.

After leaving my previous job 6 months ago, i’ve had some good luck to learn about this website which was a life-saver for me… They offer job for which people can work online from their house. My latest paycheck after working for them for 4 months was for $17448… Amazing thing about is that the only thing required is simple typing skills and access to internet…

Read all about it here… https://ClickIntoWealth198.pages.dev/

This is up to your husband. Then up to the father if he wants ato come or not. Only invite if he wants to. Don’t concern yourshelf with these people unless it’s to support your husband. If he says he doesn’t want to then don’t. If he says invite then invite but I bet they/ he wouldn’t come anyway.

1 Like

Up to hubby. But in the end, two wrongs don’t make a right. Him being there is for your kids, not you. So invite away and if he says no then :tipping_hand_woman:

Invite them. Let them choose to come or not.

I’d invite him. He probably won’t show up, but at least he was given a chance. You seem to be putting most of blame on the stepmother. To be honest, I think your FIL is worse. It’s his job as a parent to step up and make sure his children are treated just as fairly as the others. He failed to do that. He essentially said, my wife and her/our children are more important. He’s either a weak man, who is afraid to put his foot down with her, or he just doesn’t care. Either way, your husband needs to have a 1:1 conversation with him. It has to be just the 2 of them, without any input or interference from anyone else. Your husband needs to bring attention to everything that he’s been left out of, or when he’s been treated differently. It’s important that he continues to invite his father, because it will show him that the distancing is one sided.

1 Like

Nope I would cut ties.

Toxic is Toxic. Don’t try to force anyone to be there for your children. Children know who love them and who don’t.

I would suggest asking the husband how he feels about it first but it seems like the ties have already been cut, I wouldn’t bother trying to maintain a relationship they’re clearly not interested in being a part of

1 Like

Cut ties if husband is ok with it

Nope just don’t invite them

Always remember you do not have to extend yourself to anyone you don’t want to. Your energy is yours. Your space. Your mind and your family’s is what’s important. Always put that above everything. Don’t allow anyone to intrude that space negatively. Make your decision after weighing in how those feelings will effect the mood , you - and others around you and go from there.

1 Like

Cut ties and do not invite them.

Crypto Trading has changed my life. I always wondering why everyone trade with Mr. Joshua Bunker platform always giving out good testimonies but now I believe… Crypto trading is a profitable business only when you are trading with the right strategy platform. Your profit is always 100% secure I couldn’t believed my eyes when i saw my profit! I have no idea how to return the favour of the good work of Mr. Joshua Bunker . However, this is like a gift sent from God. Thank you so much Sir, I’m so grateful
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

1 Like

Man invite the FIL only and don’t allpw his wofw there, she’s a shit step mom, if he doesn’t come he doesn’t come

How old is your daughter? If she’s old enough let her decide to have it not too hang a relationship with her grandparents.

1 Like

Don’t be among the multitude that gave up so easily because of rumor and bad experience. know ur worth and strive for the best. invest with Mr. Joshua Bunker and get your profit without hindrance or unnecessary fees, i just wanna let you know there is still competent mining expert. Bitcoin has been making people Rich and God bless Sir. Joshua for this amazing opportunity​:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

2 Likes

I wonder why people turns their eyes off Bitcoins and crypto currency trading knowing fully well they’re the faith and future of the world. Bitcoin and crypto currency trading are one of the most profitable online business I have ever gotten myself into, I am happy i made the right decision to invest with, Mr. Joshua Bunker who help me Boost my financial status… My appreciation and gratitude to Sir. Bunker for making me who I’m today, I can say I’m leaving my dream life… I’m happy I invested under the right platform… May God continue to bless you Joshua.0 I’m so grateful​:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

1 Like

Cut ties best thing you will do

There is no better way to beat inflation than by investing in bitcoin. God bless Sir Joshua Bunker and his Citadel trading team :point_down::point_down::point_down:
Redirecting...

1 Like

Be the bigger person. Invite them.

After leaving my previous job 6 months ago, i’ve had some good luck to learn about this website which was a life-saver for me… They offer job for which people can work online from their house. My latest paycheck after working for them for 4 months was for $14867… Amazing thing about is that the only thing required is simple typing skills and access to internet…

Read all about it here… https://dollarsearningjob419.pages.dev/

Completely your husband’s call.

Your role is to support HIS decision.

As someone who’s been there with the in-laws (not the same situation at all but…), situations change, people change, perspectives change.

You need to remain flexible and open. This is likely something that isn’t going to be resolved quickly. Why add fuel to the fire? Or stoop to that level? You never know which bits and pieces your children will remember.

3 Likes

that’s up to your husband not you.

3 Likes

Invite but without expectations. Make it buffet so you don’t need to count okates

Honestly I wouldn’t. But it’s up to your husband if he wants to invite him or not. Stand by him. The only time I would step in and make a decision over the husband is if they mistreated your daughter. Then the awnser would be no anyway. Like they favored other grandkids over her or acted like she wasn’t part of the family. Etc.

1 Like

I can’t stand my MIL :skull: she has done some shady dirty crap to my husband his whole life BUT when it comes to stuff like this I allow my husband to make that decision it’s his family and I support him in what ever he wants as long as it’s not hurting my child I stay out of everything that has to do with his family it’s worked great this way the last 16 years

2 Likes

Invite him, let him decide to come or not. If he doesn’t, you have an answer.

1 Like

Nah nah nah screw them for sure!! Sounds like some toxicity you don’t need your child around :woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging:

I understand that you don’t have a good relationship with your FIL but have you asked your daughter what she wants?
You could be the bigger person and as it’s her birthday, I think that perhaps that’s would be the more adult thing to do. I’m sure that he would be uncomfortable attending anyway and may not even turn up. Even if he does, this would be an event at a place of your choosing with your friends and family, so your support would be there.

1 Like

:scissors: ties with toxic people is like poison, if you take it , it will take over your life.

1 Like

A birthday party is not the best time to try to repair a relationship. That should happen with your husband and his father separately. Then you bring in the rest of the family. If it doesn’t work out then it doesn’t work out. Family doesn’t always mean a relationship.

1 Like

After leaving my previous job 6 months ago, i’ve had some good luck to learn about this website which was a life-saver for me… They offer job for which people can work online from their house. My latest paycheck after working for them for 4 months was for $14567… Amazing thing about is that the only thing required is simple typing skills and access to internet…

Read all about it here… https://dollarsearningjob520.pages.dev/

I saw recommendations about her and gave her a try. I’m proud to tell the world that Mrs Olgusya Gribova and
her trading platform are all so real and

Crypto Trading has changed my life. I always wondering why everyone trade with Mr. Joshua Bunker platform always giving out good testimonies but now I believe… Crypto trading is a profitable business only when you are trading with the right strategy platform. Your profit is always 100% secure I couldn’t believed my eyes when i saw my profit! I have no idea how to return the favour of the good work of Mr. Joshua Bunker . However, this is like a gift sent from God. Thank you so much Sir, I’m so grateful
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

I don’t actually know how to explain this to people but I want to say thank you Mr. Joshua Bunker, I’m really excited for this great opportunity you gave me to trade on your platform bsvtrading-btcearnings.com. You are a good COACH and financial adviser I got.
Trading with you and your company gave me a much needed boost in life. Your way of working and guidance have shaped up my skills even more. The way you are always there to guide me through my investments has made me a stronger person than I was and now i just got a new ride. You have been really great with your guidance, so I want to thank you personally. May God bless you Sir
Send him a DM :envelope_with_arrow: :point_right::point_right::point_right:Redirecting...

Now I believe what people say about you is true. are indeed a woman of your words, you have changed life including mine thanks for your kindness Mrs Olgusya

Thank you Olgusya, you are legit your company is the best my dreams come true

Since i started investing in bitcoin, it has been were scammed in one way or the other and I why? Investing in bitcoin has been so profitable to me. So i think introducing you to Mrs Olgusya Gribova will be the best thing in my life

Do you know you can be home and earn good amount of money for yourself off binary options trade without sending money to anyone? NO stress. All you need to get started is a bitcoin wallet. For enquiries contact manager Olgusya Gribova for free directions

Opportunities will alway come your way but if you have already accepted defeat, you might not get to see what life has in store for you. You are the best I must recommend

Cut ties !!! Not saying things can’t be different in the future … I’d make them work for it to be back involved in your lives

Have you been scammed? Did you loss your hard earned money I’ve got solution for you🤝 contact Mrs olgusya will help you recover your lost funds

I just don’t know how to express my mutual feelings toward you and your company for this payment, I am so grateful and I will live to share your good works to all that comes my way. I barely believe I would get this huge Profit.