Should I let my sons father see him?

The question that must be answered first is WHY are his rights suspended.

2 Likes

That would be a bad idea. You need to follow the court order. You’ll kick yourself if something happens during that time and you allowed when the courts didn’t.

4 Likes

I’d say NO WAY unless u stay there during the visit

Unless you are right there I wouldnt. There is a reason his rights were taken away. Courts ordered for a reason.

2 Likes

I’d be meeting in a public setting with grandparents, aunts, cousins etc but if a judge has taken a parents rights away, no way would that person be near my child. They don’t do that for no reason!

2 Likes

I don’t think you should do a visitation at his mother’s house maybe somewhere that is busy and public would be best and don’t be alone just in case they have balls enough to try to take him.

No. At the end of the day that is HER son and most moms will put their kids needs/wants first, regardless of age

1 Like

Stupid. The courts did that for a reason. They don’t just take rights away. Also, it’s your son, why wouldn’t you know the reason for it?

Do NOT violate that court order or they will not uphold it for you in the future.

6 Likes

Bad idea. You should be there as well

1 Like

If you feel comfortable with it and your child wants to. Go for it. If they have a good relationship you want to keep that… Just saying :purple_heart:

1 Like

If the courts took away ALL of his rights there must be good reason. Go with the courts. Do you think his mother would stop him if he wanted to take him alone?

3 Likes

Follow your best judgement! You are that childs mother & you know what is best for it. But that being said, EVERY child deserves to have their father in their life especially if the man is trying to be there. Maybe make him come to your house to see him or meet him somewhere and let them see each other. It really just depends what had happened for the visits to get took. Bc it the end nmw his mom will always have his back & keep things from you & go against you! Just use your better judgement mama!! You know whats BEST FOR YOUR CHILD! Prayers for yall tho. & good luck to you on whatever you decide to do!

2 Likes

Unless u supervise then no if u can supervise then sure

Idk obviously the courts suspended his parental rights for a reason…maybe you should follow their orders

1 Like

Uh no.
For a court to say he doesnt even get visitations, even supervised, he did something really fucked up

If the courts took his rights away why in the fuck would you let him see the kid??? Do you want your son taken away from you???

The court ordered this for a reason. If you decide to be ok with him seeing the child and something happens like him running with your child you are not only going to be without a child but you could be held in contempt of court. Follow the orders if his mom decides upon herself to have her son see your son then she will have to deal with the court. Right now you are being foolish. You’re not together for a reason and his rights to the child was taken away for a reason. Stop and think.

5 Likes

Supervised visits where YOU are doing the supervising… But the courts have taken it away, as you say, for a good reason… So no you dont have to let him see the kid as the courts have even decided hes not fit for that

1 Like

You should do what you think is right but you are right you should not keep them apart if you can be there to

No, only allow visitation at your home with you there

1 Like

Do not go against the courts. It’s very rare they stop visits. U need to stick to it or whatever they’re saving ur child from will be then accepted as fine by the courts cause u have accepted it. Wait till u go to court or use a supervision centre with professionals.

1 Like

Go with the courts AND if you want to have him see him, be there

1 Like

No have him go to court and ask for supervised visits

3 Likes

Follow the courts orders it’s there for a reason!

3 Likes

I’d say public, under your supervision. Courts don’t just take away parental rights for no reason.

2 Likes

You would be violating court orders. Not only would you get in trouble but you are risking custody of your child also.

8 Likes

What is wrong with you? His rights are suspended. Why are you worried about him and not your son ? If your sons grand mother wants to see him, she can come to your house. And why was the child’s father deemed unfit and requires supervised visitation?

I need this explained.

12 Likes

If the court took his visitation away you could probably get in trouble for sending the child there.

1 Like

You are not providing enough information for us to give good advice, other then the courts said no . Why are his rights suspended? How would his mother protect your child, could she prevent him from taking him or hurting him ? We need more history and courts reasoning.

1 Like

If u go against court orders & something happens to ur child while dad has him… u r gna be held responsible as well… & if he runs off with ur child, thr is nothing the law can do & again, u r gna be held responsible for allowing ur child around the dad & ignoring court orders

3 Likes

If the courts took it away, and that pretty rare and hard to do, it’s for a really good reason. No way in hell I’d let my baby out of my sight. Why risk it? Your always one decision away from a tragedy. Most of the time you just dont know it until it happens. I would say this is a pretty big sign NOT to.

1 Like

No not unless it’s supervised visits. Obviously the courts felt a need to suspend his visits and you said I just want my son safe. Honey you already answered. If you have to question your child’s safety HELL NO… grandma can come to your house!

Personally I wouldn’t. You said his rights were taken away with good reason and make it seem as though his father is a danger to him so I wouldn’t

If you go against the courts and they find out, it can get really messy for you all. Just be aware of that…

2 Likes

If the court has said he can’t do something… don’t allow him to do it.

1 Like

Follow the court order or you can find yourself in jail and losing your son.

1 Like

You should be there with your kid. I wouldn’t leave them alone

I dont understand if he is not allowed with your children that is still by law not aloud to be with them even if he is with his mum unless the order says different

1 Like

What is the point in going to court, if your not going to follow orders. Presumably you went to court for a good reason? If something were to happen. You would be responsible. And also held responsible for breaking court orders. And in the long run if you ever did want to go back to court for any reason or had to, nothing you’d say would be taking seriously as you’d have broken the order, and you’d create a difficult situation for yourself.

4 Likes

There is a reason the court took his rights away Grow up No you don’t let him see him

If you want the courts to take YOUR rights away too… By all means, let him see the kid. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Are tou serious? No way! No how! Are you fit? I question your ability as a parent asking this!

Even if you think it will be ok… do not do it… going through something kinda similar… I am not sure that I totally agree with the courts plans for my exhusbands time but… if they believe that he is a danger to the kids and you don’t listen- YOU then are endangering the kids and can start a whole bunch of trouble for yourself. Follow orders and recommendations.

1 Like

It would be helpful to know what circumstances are surrounding him having them suspended ,but either way if they want to see him they should do so at your house till you find out what happened and make sure you dont get in trouble for allowing visits supervised or otherwise

If the courts took away all visitation for good reason… Then uhm … No you shouldn’t let him see them lol. I mean … Is this a trick question.

1 Like

Do NOT go against the court order. If family court has deemed it unsafe and you take him, they could also hold you in contempt and quite possibly take your son away from you.

Has visitation been completely cut off? Is he allowed to see him if you are present? Anything you do that is against the court order will give his dad more fighting power the next time you have court.

4 Likes

If court found reason to terminate his rights, then I would not allow it.

5 Likes

Ehhh I don’t think I’d be okay with this with the courts having taken away his rights. I would need to know why before I could answer but as it stands na I wouldn’t let them around without supervision of someone else

1 Like

I think you should be w/ him until you feel completely comfortable w/ your child being there without you. Every child deserves both parents but that doesn’t mean to put your child at risk.

If it’s court orders for a good reason then no unsupervised visitation or your going to piss of that judge if they find out you willing broke the ORDED ! You will look like you cried wolf

2 Likes

I think you should be letting someone know ASAP that he’s trying to set up a violation of the court order. He’s crossing boundaries but personally asking you and not getting a lawyer to petition the courts. Professionals need involved now.

1 Like

If the court sees fit to take.it all away then they must have good reason. If you go against them then you can be seen as negligent and outting your child at risk. Only you know your situation. But id seek legal.advice if i were you before i did any of that

1 Like

Fallaow court’s ruling. If and when he can prove he is responsible enough to have supervised visits the courts will work with him (I have friend who just wen through all this)

I would check with the court first. Or you may be in trouble.

I wouldn’t break court order , there is a good reason they have suspended his rights. U could ultimately lose your child if u are allowing visitation and there is something that could be putting your kid in danger . Just be cautious whatever u do bc it may backfire on and all u are doing is trying to do something good. Maybe u can go to the courthouse and ask for supervised visits before breaking their order . I would hate to see it backfire on u for ultimately trying to be a caring mom

If they took it all away, then he was proven a risk, so i wouldn’t let that fly. You don’t want cps claiming you bring your kids around an unsafe person.

You will be in contempt of the court order

If you go agianst court orders , you could also lose rights cause you’re going to allow him to see your child even it was clear justsaying😕

If you want you’re child to be took away from you then on you go. How stupid are you a judge said NO. SO ITS A NO NOT IN THIS LIFE

No. NEVER VIOLATE A COURT ORDER

1 Like

If you are comfortable then yes i feel you should let keep that bond.

If the grandparents wanted to see him i let at a open diner mcd. With you there but the dad no its so hard on family & the kids i do it in a safe place only and i let it be know dad show up its over

I’d follow the Judge’s decision before they use it against you!! If his rights were suspended, I’m sure the courts saw good reason to do so. I’d obey that, or your rights may be next!

2 Likes

Depending on the reasoning, I’d be there too. Unless you completely trust his mother without a doubt.

There’s obviously a very good reason why the courts took his rights away. I wouldn’t risk it with MY child. Js.

3 Likes

My niece got all rights stripped from her kids dad. She was having problems, ask him & his new wife to take the kids for a while. Dad & new wife are fighting for full custody since they have proof they have had & fully supported the kids for over a years. They have a good chance of getting it.

I’m tell you this because she went against court orders on what she thought was best & it’s back firing on her. Follow all court orders to a T. There was proof and good reason the court ruled the way they did.

2 Likes

The courts can terminate your rights if you go against the courts. Honestly, I wouldn’t risk it. He would have lost he’s rights for a good reason.

1 Like

I wouldnt go against court orders, it can come back to bite you

1 Like

Grandma can come to your house and if he really wants to see him let him facetime with him while you are sitting right there. Otherwise it’s a hard no until the courts say otherwise.

2 Likes

If you go against a court order you are the one that will be punished. They can take that as you being a threat to your own child and the child can be taken from you as well. Judges don’t take away parents rights for no reason…

3 Likes

I believe you might be in trouble with the courts if you choose to go against their ruling. Then they will have children’s services on your back.

2 Likes

I would not go against the courts because something may happen and they see you went against what they said then it will be a big problem, meet in a local place or not at all. My opinion only. Be safe not sorry.

2 Likes

Did they issue an order of protection??? I would ask the court before allowing the child to see his father. If you do make it a public place not in a home!!!

If it’s court ordered no way. your risking custody yourself

2 Likes

No there is no reason not yo let your child over his mothers and see his Daddy… the grand mother didn’t do anything wrong and of your trust she will honor your wishes why not ,
In the end it only hurts the child

Why didn’t you ask the courts and tell them you had no problem giving him supervised visits

If the judge said no and finds out you did or have been you can get in trouble.

4 Likes

If the courts took it all away, there was a good reason… so I’d say no.

1 Like

Just tell his mum u r doing what courts tell u to do. If they have a problem with that go back to court

1 Like

Public place or your place with Grandma. If he tags along you can say you didn’t know he would be there. Not her place if he is there, you have no idea what he would do. Asking for real legal problems if you do also could lose your son if you can’t protect him. Supervised visits would give more latitude.

NO!! They have stopped it for a reason dont ever go again a judge

I would not go against the courts.If they say no then don’t do it.They could take your son from you.I would go to court see if dad can see son with dads mom.

2 Likes

Honestly if the courts saw that it’s unsafe for child to be near father for safety reasons cps could get involved if they find out you’re still letting him around and you could potentially lose the child

2 Likes

You can’t go against a court order. After all you left it for the court to decide. His mum can come to yours to see him.

2 Likes

Just be careful because things like this can be used against u in a court him and his mother could easily say u left the child with them , if a court has taken away his rights altogether then they have a very good reason for doing so I wouldn’t go against them just now , go back to court and sort out some sort of visitation visits for him and his child but I wouldn’t be letting him go just in case

2 Likes

If u go against court saying no rights then I would stick with that till u can go back to court and ask the judge maybe for supervision

1 Like

if the courts say not to then they have a good reason and you and his mum must know the reason x

1 Like

Nope. If the judge suspended his rights he did it for good reason. You allowing him to see his son you are opening up the door for your child to be taken from you as well.

2 Likes

Follow what the judge wants! It will come back to bite you in the ass in the future if you don’t.

Um no! If the court told you no even under the grandmother’s watch that means the court deemed them safe people for your child! It sounds like you’re more interested in keeping these people happier than keeping your child safe. Next possible step could be the court stepping in and having your child removed from your custody for not taking care of your son and following instructions.

If the courts find out you went around their orders then you are in violation. I wouldn’t risk it. The mom can have visitation at your house.

1 Like

Why can’t y’all meet somewhere?

If a judge found it fit to take his rights away…it was for a VERY good reason. I’m sure by you violating said order, would only come bk to bite you in the ass.

You won’t be the one in trouble your sons father can get held in contempt of court for breaking the order even if you said it was
Ok. At least in my state

1 Like

If the courts said no, they have a reason. Follow the court order. If you still want you child to see their father have him meet you someone public and you stay

Wtf? NO NO NO NO NO NO

If courts took all his visits away their is a good reason. I personally from experience when judge took my kids father’s visits away I didn’t let him near the kids.

1 Like

It’s hard to say if you should let them see the child… why did he have all rights taken away. That seems pretty serious and not something the courts would do for some petty reason.

Public place with you present. Unless the order states he’s not allowed to be around his father. In that case I’d follow the court order to protect your own rights

1 Like