Should I let my teen dye her hair red?

Should I let my 14 year old dye her hair red? It would be professionally don’t I just don’t know if she’s too young… also do I need her dads permission for her to do this? She sees him twice a month and him and I have 0 contact…

2 Likes

My 14 yr old just went dark red and I love it. I personally think kids should be able to express themselves (to an extent). Life is short, its just hair .

2 Likes

I allow my kids to choose whatever they’d like done. Everyone is not the same and have different taste. Our kiddos are expressing themselves. My daughter just got out of the red has phase at 14 yrs old. My kids have all different styles (4 kids in total).

3 Likes

My mom let my sister get her hair colored at 11. I feel like it’s OK for kids to express themselves in anyway possible

3 Likes

I would let my 14 year old. My parents also let me because it was my hair and it always grows back is what they said.

1 Like

My daughter is 7 and we are going to let her dye her hair purple

My mom let me dye my hair plum purple when I was like 9 or 10… it’s just hair

1 Like

Nothing wrong if that’s what she wants to try…Kids go thru all kinds of hair trends. I don’t feel she needs his permission…u have custody not him.

1 Like

Honestly about the permission she doesn’t even need yours really. It’s just hair. It will grow back. My sons bangs did.

I would let her yolo. Let the kid express herself. Maybe do. Washout first to test the color tho n let her see how it works

2 Likes

Is she a relatively good kid? I say this because it’s only hair, it can easily be dyed another color, grown out or cut. As far as her dad is concerned do you co-parent at all? I say this to say if he is active in parenting her you can give him a heads-up. (I say this because I would want him to tell me or even ask depending how much of the raising I would doing.)

I would. My mum let me put coloured rinses in my hair at age 12 to see if I liked it first.

It’s her hair so I guess the only person who’s permission you would be required to get is hers. Hair grows out. Go wild.

1 Like

Let her do it , it’s her hair and she is old enough to decide .

I say go for it. It’s just hair :blush:

Just check with her school. Ours is zero dye other than natural color

My daughter is 9 and we’ve been dying her hair for a couple years… its just hair. Let her express herself

2 Likes

I let my youngest colour some of her hair at 9. I feel it’s only hair and there’s no harm in it ,:heart:

1 Like

Teen years are when they should be able to have fun and express themselves. I had all sorts of fun colors as a teen. I loved it and miss being able to do that. And no dad doesn’t need to know it’s not dangerous or permanent!

No. Only bc it’s hard to come back from red. :rofl:

Do it! And not if he’s barely involved. If you had joint custody or he was very involved I’d ask him, but doesn’t sound like the case!

Go for it! It grows out!

1 Like

Let her express herself, it is hair. I would mention to dad but he doesn’t have all say so. So whatever you and your daughter decide it what should decide this.

1 Like

It’s hair let her express herself…there are worse things she could want to do…

2 Likes

Can she try a temporary or spray—on color first?

I did my daughter’s and she’s 14.

1 Like

I won’t allow it with my kids. No body modifying until they 18 & paying their own bills. That’s MY RULES. This is YOUR KID. You do what is right for you & your child.

As far as her father is concerned. It doesn’t sound like he has much to do with the daily decisions. But is that because he doesn’t want to parent or because you won’t let him or just the way the court set it up? If he has made the choice to leave all decisions upto you then why ask him for input on this 1?

1 Like

I was 12-13 when I dyed my hair black with pink highlights, this was over 15 years ago, it’s fine. Though red is one of the hardest colors to get out, so just be sure she is going to like it, they have apps you can see what it will look like before hand. I just say this because I’ve had my hair red more than a handful of times and I have very fine hair, takes several sessions to get out unless I want cotton candy for hair. Also I’d tell him she’s going to get her hair done, if he doesn’t want to have a say in anything else, his say in this isn’t needed either.