Should I report my nieces car seats?

Kids are messy probably just in the wash. Why is it any of your concern tho? Their seatbelted in their seats…

Now you know what the kids need
thanks auntie thanks sis !!!

1 Like

Where do y’all stay?! I have car seats that are 100% safe n still new she can have! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

To begin, Kudos for noticing their need and reaction to find them the safest possible resolution. Your safety instinct is great in knowing that the integrity of the carseat may be compromised and needs replaced. The cover is mainly for comfort, and unless there was an active spill on it, we made sure they were on ours. However, if being laundered that could be why they were absent. Unless it’s something you witness all the time, I wouldn’t put too much worry in that direction.
Without assuming you cannot personally help them with purchasing new ones (I know I was in no position to purchase for my niece’s/nephew’s when they needed them), there are also community resources that they can check for assistance with affording a needed replacement. I’d definitely recommend their local community health department, parenthood education classes/courses, local first responder events regarding carseat safety, or even local child services resource centers/adoption/foster agencies that may know of some leads.
I would voice that you noticed the breakage and ask if they need help finding resources for new ones, and make them aware you are willing to help. If concerns continue to arise you could always talk with your Dad on other resolutions, their safety is 1st and foremost, however, sometimes parents have to make due with what they have and is actively looking for a solution.

2 Likes

I have 2 if they need new ones. Dm me.

1 Like

Do these kids belong to a sibking of yours? Dang, report them wtf, that would be the last thing in any of our Whanau’s thoughts. We’d legit just buy another without question or anything in return. Ask them what’s up or replace them. If you’re “that” kind of person, just ask then to repay you.

1 Like

If you have the means, replace them. If you don’t, ask them if they need help affording to replace them.
Why would you report your family members to authorities unless somebody was truly at risk. Maybe you should talk to your siblings.

3 Likes

Maybe go buy new carseats for your nieces instead of complaining about it

5 Likes

He could have been washing the covers.

1 Like

If your worried about the two little ones, go and buy them two new car seats, your sister or brother might not be able to afford new seats and doesn’t know they are dangerous, why would you report them :thinking:

2 Likes

Wow. With family like you, who needs enemies? Why don’t you try helping them out? I’d be so embarrassed posting this. Anonymous or not.

5 Likes

Why would you automatically want to get them in some kind of trouble, instead of talking to them first?

2 Likes

But then new car seats, be the solution

1 Like

I’d probably buy them new car seats instead of doing something drastic and getting cps involved when it could be as simple as helping them out. Not everyone can afford new things

2 Likes

What is perfectly legal is minding your own damn business

Buy them new car seats, or look for a local program that provides them. Help instead of hurt :wink:

3 Likes

Why on Earth would you want to report them? Can you not just approach the parents and have a civil conversation? Perhaps there’s a viable excuse, like the covers are being washed.
Seems excessive that you’d want to report family and risk losing the children?
If they need new car seats, maybe assist their parents and ask family to pitch in to buy them some? Where’s your kindness?

2 Likes

Mayb go by her some new ones, maybe she’s struggling and doesn’t wanna ask for help.

2 Likes

How about do something to help the parents instead of trying to hurt them! If you care something about your family the last thing you would want to do is get them took from their parents!

Maybe she’s washing them?

1 Like

Check the health department. Someone told me they sell them for a really good deal!

How about you replace them that would be the best thing you have no idea what they are possibly going though be kind people

4 Likes

What happened to family that helped when they noticed something like this they helped rather than reporting.

4 Likes

Reporting is absolutely out of the question if the car seats are your only concern, but I don’t know why everyone is jumping down your throat. You’ve noticed something extremely important regarding children’s safety and everyone wants to brush the responsibility off to you?! Pfft :woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:
It’s amazing how most of the comments here are saying that YOU should buy new seats (implying that the parents can’t afford it). It’s not your responsibility, it’s the children’s parents obviously, and someone should be having a word with them. There’s absolutely no excuse to not have children in acceptable car-seats, if that’s what’s really going on here.

7 Likes

How about you buy them
New ones or stop judging? Maybe they don’t have money for them

2 Likes

Wtaf Why would you report your own sister? Wouldn’t it be more supportive for you to make a suggestion for her to replace them or if she’s low on money then if you’re that concerned help her to replace them even if they’re 2nd hand?
Why would you want to put your nieces through that let alone your sister is pretty shocking tbf you should be ashamed!!

6 Likes

Car seat tech here . Not safe. But don’t be that way… There are programs that will replace these generally for free … find them resources . Call a local hospital or police station or get on safercar.gov to find a local car seat event

9 Likes

Get more car seats :woman_shrugging:t5: the thrift store or flea market have them all the time. Help him, don’t hurt him.

5 Likes

What is wrong with you? You would report your family for something so that an easy fix. You can buy them new car seats if your that concerned about them. Do you know what happens when you report people? They make you jump thru hoops to keep your kids. I’ve dealt with this before… my sister reported my other sister and cps took my niece and nephew for 2 yrs. None of the things my sister reported were true and my family was a mess. If you think this is the best path to choose, don’t be surprised when you have no one in your corner.

10 Likes

There’s plenty of buy nothing sites on fb why don’t you try to get them new ones instead of trying to get them in trouble… This is your family right? Shame on you🤯

4 Likes

Just buy them new ones!!! They are your nieces u are concerned and you obviously can’t approach their parents, reporting is just wrong!!

1 Like

Since it’s your nieces why don’t you offer some help…buy them a new car seat as a gift.It will make them happy plus you were able to help instead of adding discomfort to their difficult situation.It is not your responsibility but out of good heart as you are related to them.

3 Likes

Helping them seems way better then what your trying to do. Family is supposed to support one another. Try being a human.

5 Likes

I’m not sure where you are but I am happy to help purchase new car seats if you or the parents are unable. Family stick together and help each other so that’s exactly what I would do. :cry:

5 Likes

Report? Are you serious ? Help for gods sake not report

6 Likes

Maybe the covers were in the wash?? Just a thought lol

I would look into resources in your area for free car seats and then get them the needed and proper seats for safety. Reporting them will only cause hurt and turmoil in your family its better to just offer help and resources then to stir unnecessary pain of what reporting will do in and to your family they may just be to proud or feel bad to ask for help cuz they can’t afford better ones

2 Likes

They’re probably being washed…Don’t report her, that’s seriously wrong. You could risk her children being taken away just because she took them off to wash them or maybe had to throw them away because they couldn’t be saved after being thrown up on or a diaper blowout. If you’re concerned, ask her if she needs help getting new ones and if she does, buy your nieces new ones. Even if they’re from a thrift store.

5 Likes

Omgggg
No do not “report” your niece …
Really ???
I would purchase as gift and/or deliver anonymously at door…
Be a helper not a hellion !!!

Hows about help them get some better ones you are a petty person

1 Like

Why on earth would you want to report them? Jumping straight to wanting to report them makes me think there’s way more to the story than this… That’s plain sad on your part, talk to them? Offer help? Maybe she’s struggling?
Alot of people seemed to forget how to be kind these days.
Remember everyone struggles at some point in their life!!

2 Likes

Are they neglectful because they can’t afford it or neglectful because they don’t care? If it’s a money issue see if or some else can help. If they don’t care then report it because who knows what else they dgaf about.

1 Like

WTH is wrong with you? Whatever petty feelings that you obviously feel for your sibling is not worth getting their children taken away as your revenge. If you cared for the safety of those children you would have helped, if not bought those children new car seats. Do not justify your planned attack on your sibling as concern for those children.

2 Likes

Report your niece??? :woman_facepalming:t3: my niece’s mean the world to me. I’d be helping instead of looking for ways to hurt her.

2 Likes

Damn you must be kin to me :joy: you sound like my family instead of trying to help you wanna go reporting stuff to open a case

Why would you report them instead of talking to them? Maybe they need help getting safe ones? Why not find them safe ones to help???

5 Likes

Maybe the covers were in the washing machine ??? Why would you report you’re own family before reaching out and trying to help

6 Likes

Help them out but don’t be the person to cause issues

2 Likes

Hell no snitch. You should help them acquire another instead. What’s wrong with yr thinking. Help don’t hurt.

4 Likes

Help them don’t report them… That will only make it worse… Smfh

2 Likes

Umm. Seriously. They are your nieces. How about instead of reporting like a witch. You know maybe help out like a good aunt would. You don’t know situation. How about reach out, talk, and try to help out. Not get your own family introuble.

4 Likes

Ask questions!!! Find out why the car seats are not covered. Then go from there

You should be helpful and gift them new ones. After all, the safety of your nieces is your primary concern. Aside from the fact that I’m sure your father is completely unaware of seat belt laws.

5 Likes

How bout go take ur medicine karen and mind your own dam business…smdh

3 Likes

These are your nieces? How bout you and the rest of the family chip in and buy some new ones…

16 Likes

Absolutely not! Why don’t you buy them car seats… Walmart has cheaper ones. She may not be able to afford one especially in this economy! And the parts could be in the washer machine.

6 Likes

Why not help her replace them!?

1 Like

Talk to your family, see if you can raise or personally donate money for new or nearly new seats if cost is an issue for the parents & grandparents. If y’all can swing it and kids visit the grandparents or other family members a lot, it’s easier to have two sets: one for the parents & one set for whoever has them the most after that.

Sometimes fire stations have car seat safety inspectors, or check with your DMV. Auto dealerships often sponsor child seat safety checks during the month of September & may have new ones up to code for you for free or low cost at dealership events.

Discounts:

• Auto or health insurance companies often provide discounts for new car seats.
  • If you have ALDI & LIDL grocery stores, they may offer seats at low cost in their product aisles but they are there for a week or less then gone. I got booster seats for $14.99 each.
  • Your local hospitals may even have infant and child car seats to rent, so check.
  • Check online sites (NextDoor, Freecycle, Craigslist, EBay) for recent (2-3 year old) model car seats in great condition being sold cheaply or given away.
  • Check coupon sites like RetailMeNot for discount coupons and codes on car seats.

Good for you for being concerned and wanting to be proactive. Less so for wanting to “turn them in” as your first impulse. The important thing is to see the children are transported safely.

1 Like

Drink water and mind your business

4 Likes

Your arr f’n dipshit… #Clickbait

1 Like

If those are your nieces, you need to step up and get them better car seats. For one, why would you want your nieces to be taken from their parents and put into the system? You clearly don’t know their situation if you’re here asking for advice so my advice would be to just be the bigger person and buy them new car seats if it’s bothering you so much.

14 Likes

I would go get them new car seats!!help your nieces out don’t report them omg​:angry:maybe your sister/brother needs sum help​:cry:not sure were u live but I’m sure u could go to a church?? Or to a resale shop​:blue_heart::yellow_heart:

5 Likes

Um why don’t yall pitch in and buy new car seats. If they otherwise take care of the kids maybe they couldn’t afford new seats…or they took the cover off to wash? Why do we have people out in this world that choose to be petty and complain instead of help or mind their business.

5 Likes

Omg mind your business or buy them a car seat. People would rather “call someone or report them instead of helping And this is your sister. Jeeze

7 Likes

Buy them car seats if you are so concerned.

5 Likes

At least they are buckled in with some protection and I’m on board with everyone else. Help pitch in for car seats like a good sister instead of trying to tear a family apart :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Or better yet buy your nieces new ones so you know they’re safe versus getting their parents in trouble

11 Likes

First off aside from the car seat are the children being hurt or being neglected?? Maybe instead of being so quick to report anyone did you bother to ask why are the car seats are being used in their condition? Or if maybe they need help with new car seats.

4 Likes

If you want to report so bad report to walmart and buy two brand new seats.

7 Likes

Something wrong with you oui…report? How abt buy them new ones? Maybe your sibling/patent can’t afford it…some if yall privileged and it shows

6 Likes

Buy them new car seats if you are concerned enough to report it to someone.

1 Like

Car seats here come in all styles. Some are just a cover over the plastic frame …no padding.
Booster seats are Styrofoam with a cover. Not expensive and perfectly legal.
As long as baby is strapped in to a properly sized seat it doesn’t need to be padded .
Damaged seats should be replaced at once of course…but maybe helping her out and buy new seats would be the nice thing to do

1. She’s probably washing the covers. They get pretty nasty from kids spilling on them.
  2. You’d report your sister and risk her kids getting taken away… what is wrong with you. I don’t you help getting the kids new carseats?
7 Likes

How about instead of making someone’s life difficult you could offer to buy them new ones?

10 Likes

SERIOUSLY! If your nieces are riding in expired/damaged seats…. it is most likely a financial issue. If you care enough to report them to authorities and make a post about it: DO SOMETHING THAT FIXES THE PROBLEM. Help them get into safer seats; buy them, ask friends if they have any…. the energy you put into this post could have been put into a fund raising post. Ask a local support program…… help them out don’t turn on them.

12 Likes

Oh wow that’s so dangerous !!:confounded::confounded: buy them babies a new seat!

4 Likes

I see why you posted anonymously :joy: it sounds like you just want a reason to report them?
Instead of ruining your sisters/brothers lives, and the lives of those children, maybe just buy them new ones and help them out. Or maybe their just washing them. :joy: pretty crappy way of acting like “family” towards them.
SMH. Hopefully nobody reports you when you clean your kids stuff, or if you go through a hard time and just need help.
Help your family or mind your business.

5 Likes

Why would you report this matter.
What about having a word with the parents.

1 Like

I would first approach the parents to see if they need help with new ones. I would want to make sure my loved ones are safe instead of getting someone in trouble so quickly.

4 Likes

The cover being removed have nothing to do with the child’s safety. If you’re that concerned about the car seat buy more. The cover on the seats are for fashion not safety. Wow shame on you

1 Like

Ever thought that’s what they can afford??? You can help by purchasing new ones … otherwise they’ll cop a fine and have to pay that b4 they can replace them. Just sayin

1 Like

Car seats expire? I did not know that.

2 Likes

Do tou have past issues with your sister? Are you looking to make her fail? Buy her some car seats instead of trying to win some past issue

6 Likes

For everyone saying she should just buy them new ones…carseats are freakin expensive and imo it’s the parents responsibility to make sure their children are safe in properly working carseats.

7 Likes

This is why families stop talking to each other. Help them or mind your business.

7 Likes

Yall calm down. They aren’t going to remove children because their carseats need to be replaced, though I agree it’s not something that needs to be reported. You can purchase carseats at Target for $40. I’d probably just replace the seats for them.

4 Likes

You could help you get new ones. That would be nice of you. So glad you aren’t my sister. You should be too :joy:

10 Likes

Some places have car seat programs to help needy families.

Shocking u would even suggest reporting family. How about speak to them and see what’s going on. They could b in the wash. Use ur mouth and not ur fingers on here

2 Likes

Maybe speak to the parent instead off social media. That’s also called being a responsible adult.

4 Likes

Help them and replace them ffs

3 Likes

Just buy them new ones. Your not a good person if the first thing you thought of was to call you family in and not try to help.

10 Likes

Have you suggested getting them new seats? Or just bent on reporting them?

5 Likes

Reporting?! Why would you be a rat over something like that?! Some firehouses will even give them to you. & plenty of people give away for free. Do some research & actually help since you’re so concerned. The same way you made this Facebook post you could’ve made about the car seats looking for them.

4 Likes

Speak to you sister and parents and explain the danger! Why would you report them. If they aren’t willing to change them maybe you could get them new ones?

2 Likes

Reporting them is over the top. Help them out and maybe get them new ones so that your nieces are safe

5 Likes

If they are in that bad of a financial situation, why not buy them safe cars eats? Nothing like being kicked when you are down.

9 Likes

Unless you’re looking to have your niece’s removed possibly. I’d look into a mom’s and tots in the area. They’ll usually let you watch parenting videos in exchange for carseats, cribs ect.

3 Likes

I hope this is a satire post because this honestly disgusts me

2 Likes

More to it than just a car seat replacement ?

1 Like