Should I say something to my kids friends mom?

I would just assure eher there’s enough food for her kiddos and make a couple extra plates so she doesn’t have to feel the need to bring fast food. She may not have the money to buy for everyone.

1 Like

You should say something about it if she’s going to bring her kids fast food then she should at least ask about your children

Just tell her that she doesn’t have to buy them food while they are at your home and that they can eat while they are at your place. This is going to sound crazy but she maybe getting them fast food as a coping mechanism to her kid’s because of what is going on at their home.

2 Likes

Yes I’d definitely tell her something because I’m sure shed want the same for her kids if it were the other way around

Why is it so hard to have honest & open communication? Talk to HER not Facebook.
She is providing a meal for her children while they are at your home. Be grateful.
& show some compassion during this difficult time for her & her children.

5 Likes

Has your kids said anything or noticed something? Sometimes we are quick to overthink something as adults, but children don’t see it that way. You are awesome for letting the kids come over so much. Maybe phone the mom and tell her that she doesn’t need to send food (don’t mention fast food) but that you will make sure the kids get something to eat every time they are there. She will most probably say thank you and ask if she can contribute financially to the food. But like I say, we as adults sometimes make small silly things seem much more than what they really are.

Fast food is expensive and obviously shit for a growing body. If you have the time and capability, I’d talk to her about possibly giving you a bit of money to feed her children while they’re there; that way they eat better, it won’t cost you, and it should save money for her. Anything to make the situation better for all the kids, not worse.

Can you afford to feed two more kids? If so let it go. She has enough on her plate and is trying to tell you she knows it’s not your place. But she can’t buy for everyone. Be giving if you can. It never hurts to make someone’s life a little easier when they are going thru problems. How about on the night they visit you just have speghetti or whatever is filling and economical for you. There is usually extra speghetti. Or homeade soup . Or soup and grilled cheese. Just try not to shame the kids. Meatloaf goes a long way too. Prayers.

1 Like

If you aren’t comfortable say something. Everyone has different views and we’re raised different. Not necessarily feed your kids but at least have her kids go home to eat.

3 Likes

Yes it may be weird to most, but maybe she isn’t in a financial position to feed extra kids. At least she is feeding her children so you don’t have to feed them. It’s really not that big of a deal.

17 Likes

mean it’s only fair. Bring enough for everyone. On the flipside… When my child goes over by his friends house, I always make sure he has money with him for instances where the parent gets food, he can at least offer to pay for his. I never just assume the friends parents are going to pay… that might be the friends parents’ mentality. Either way, I still feel like this warrants a conversation… because you really never know what the other person is thinking, and it’s not always what you think.

1 Like

So…you’re teaching your kids to be entitled? Life isn’t always gonna be fair and they aren’t always going to get or have everything that someone else has…

7 Likes

Invite her over for dinner with her kids at your house….talk with her after dinner, during clean up while kids are doing whatever. Explain how you feel about it and make your suggestions but tell her that you’re there to help anyway you can for the kids.

3 Likes

Sounds a lil tacky all the way around. Make sure their friends have dinner before having them over for the night? Unless you try to time her fast food dinner drop offs the same time as your fam is having dinner? If you’re not feeling like feeding extra kids for whatever reason, don’t have them over as much. Kids are pricey AF these days. Mine are always wanting to door dash SoMETHiNG when their friends stay over, every. single. time. I took my daughter shopping, her friend came with. Then her friend starts picking out clothes. Like whoa. So I def won’t take her shopping w us regularly.

Wait what?? You’re expecting her to bring your kids food? That’s weird. Life isn’t gonna be equal or fair. Give your kids food if they’re hungry but it’s not gonna kill them to watch someone else eat fast food and not get any.

9 Likes

For the love, the poor kids are already going through enough with their parents divorcing. She’s probably doing it to try to make her babies feel a bit better with everything going on. I would tell my kids hey they are going through alot right now and tell them not to worry about the food. That’s what I would do. And money is probably right at the moment also. I’d never want to put more stress on a family that is already going through so much.

7 Likes

Definitely say something. Not only are you being accommodating to her and her kids, as any normal person would but that’s fucked up. To put it in a way if you’re afraid to sound “rude” or looking to protect the kids that come over, thinking it’ll be awkward so she’ll no longer let them come, say something like … “my kids are only allowed to have takeout on certain days so I prefer not to have it in the house at all outside those days”…

Sit down and reach out to this woman.there may be far more going on and she may be afraid to tell anyone. She might be thinking you are her savior and she is repaying you by feeding her children and saving you money .maybe ask her if she can bring home cooked meals instead of that junk.please reach out to her .she may need a friend.

I would definitely say something. I cannot stand when people give a child something and not the others, so rude.

1 Like

l get paid over $120 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18355 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Info Here >>> https://JobComputer82.surge.sh/

Yeah, that’s very rude. I think I’d ask her to take them home and let them eat there.

Maybe ask her that if she’s going to bring her kids fast food she lets you know before so you can cash app or Venmo her to bring some for your kids too. Tell her I don’t care but the kids get hurt because they don’t also get it. You don’t expect her to buy for yours but to let you know so she can grab it all together.

She’s probably going through a lot right now and hasn’t even considered this factor and thinks she’s helping by bringing hers food so you don’t have to feed them.

Just ask for a heads up and offer to pay for her to include food for your kids so the kids aren’t jealous or hurt.

5 Likes

Maybe that’s what she can afford is just her two…if anything you should be happy she is trying to keep them with full bellies

6 Likes

Yeah that’s pretty rude. Obviously something’s going on in their household but she should think of other people’s kids too if they’re always over your house. I’m sure it wouldn’t be appreciated if you just brought food for your children when they were at their house

Don’t embarrass the children. Feed your kids something else when they come with their own food.

5 Likes

Well I have this girl ( who lives 5 houses down) literally come to my house eat all my food and leave. She’s rude to my youngest as well. So at least she’s feeding her kids. But I would say please let me know in case my child wants something too and I’ll pay u for it

I wouldn’t say anything. You may be the only peace in those kids lives.

4 Likes

Do your kids complain about it? If not let the mom feed her kids. It’s basically lunch or whatever for them when they are at your house so you don’t have to cook for them. I think you are just looking at it all wrong

5 Likes

she might be going threw something he might not be giving her enough money and she cant Efford to feed all the kids id ask if she can bring stuff to you to help u cook a good meal for the kids that would be better then them eating fast food

3 Likes

Definitely! That is so rude! She can let the kids know she has it at home if they want it. I have an in-home daycare. Parents have shown up to drop their kids off with food, snacks, or drinks. And they are told not to do it again, and either take the items home or I’ll save it until the parents pick them up. All the kids eat the same thing.

She is bringing them food to save you money. She doesn’t owe you anything! I can’t believe I just read this.

11 Likes

I would kindly say “hey, if the kids are hungry I can just feed them at my place. I think it’s easier that way so my kiddos aren’t tempted with the outside food.” I wouldn’t say anything about her feeding your kids or bringing food over for your kids though, just because you don’t know their financial situation. If you don’t want to have to feed her kids then maybe reach out around dinner time and let her know that the play date will have to be over for a bit while the kids eat. I personally wouldn’t want someone bringing my kids fast food anyhow.

10 Likes

I would just tell her it’s fine that she doesn’t have to bring them food. That when they are at your house you can feed them and she doesn’t have to worry about it.

2 Likes

Hold on so because these other kids are going through a lot we should negate her kids feelings? No. In my house we have enough for all or none. We either share our treats with everyone or no one. I’d say something. Politely but still say something

11 Likes

At least the parent is trying and cared enough to bring her kids food it is 100000% NOT YOUR PLACE.

She is rude, and using you

She’s sending her kids food so you don’t have to feed them. So what if your kids don’t get any. If that’s such a huge issue buy your kids their own before she comes over. Problem solved but you should not ask a women going through a divorce to feed your kids too…

4 Likes

Tell her you’ll pitch in for your own kids and have her give ya a call next time she picks something up! But no, she doesn’t have to get your kids crap.

8 Likes

I would tell her to stop bringing food to your house and that you would just cook extra dinner to feed everyone that’s what I do. I don’t like when people bring fast food and there not be enough for my kids as well. I would rather make extra dinner then kids saying it’s not fair. That way everyone is eating the same thing

1 Like

Personally I wouldn’t bring my child something and not the other kids but that is how I was raised. But my SO wouldn’t think anything about it he
would just think of it as feeding his son. I would maybe talk to the Mom and let her know your feelings and tell her you will happily feed them whatever your kids are having. Maybe she would want to pitch in on some groceries. I would rather my son have homemade than takeout.

1 Like

Yes I wouldn’t buy for one and not all

2 Likes

I like the idea of sending her $ to bring your kids food as well

3 Likes

Pick ur battles wisely!! In this case better them be fed then not at all right… I get the way u feel ur kid may be sad but sometimes life aint fair.

4 Likes

Not everyone needs to have the same as other people, that’s not how it works

5 Likes

If she is going through a divorce her mind must be all over the shop. Could suggest and say. Save your money I have heaps of food here I can supply your kids with. Or even say. Let me know where your getting lunch from next time and I can transfer you some money if you don’t mind grabbing some food for my kids so they can all eat lunch together. She might say oh don’t worry about the money I’ll just get your kids something sorry I haven’t thought about it before.

11 Likes

maybe she is doing all she can, what is wrong with asking her husband? He should give her money to feed kids

Politely say something. Tell her you have enough for them and there isn’t a need.

1 Like

She’s feeding her kids & your feeding yours what’s the big deal

8 Likes

Something tells me most the moms who are bashing you in one way or another over expecting food for your kids as well, would say you are horrible if you bought for only your kids and not hers “because that’s all you can afford.”

6 Likes

You should nicely mention it to her. My daughter struggled with this from her step children’s Grandma. Every time GMa brought them over they apparently stopped by Mickey D’s 2,3 or 4pm. My daughter would fuss at Thier dad. ( Useless in my opinion) and she would have to get out and go get her 7&9yr Old Mickey D’s. I Said don’t you speak regularly With the Gma? Yes. Well call her up and say hey while your at Mickey D’s would grabbing my 2 a kid’s meal? I’ll pay you. It sure would help me out a lot. problem solved. Gma has never accepted a dollar. with her busy Life, it never occurred to her.

Yes you should. I suggest simply asking her to feed them before or after they come over to play.

2 Likes

I would tell her to take her kids home to eat because it is in fact rude to not even offer to get your children something especially if they are always at your place. Ask her to not do that and if that’s what she wants to do to just pick her kids up and take them to get food

Wow I can’t believe all the people shooting the mother down for saying this about the food…in my household as a single parent I ration sometimes and live day to day on meals for dinner.If I have unexpected visitors,even go without for myself.I don’t account t for extra mouths to feed and go dearly can’t afford it.
If the children shared with your kids I wouldn’t have an issue…I’d split up your meal for your kids evenly between all too as a top up ,not a full mea for your kids like you would have done as they don’t all need to meals…Id have a discussion with the other parent to sort out an arrangement for mealtimes

1 Like

I would have a talk to the mother. Find out what’s really going on. She may need some one in her corner to listen and understand. If you and her can come to a agreement about everything you and her may become the best of friends and end the end it’s really about the kids. If they feel safe at your house than take that as a true blessing toward your mothering skills. Kids always need to feel safe and wanted.

3 Likes

Are you in a place where you could feed these kids? Or would this be hard on you? She is probably doing this on auto pilot, since her emotional situation is not good.
You can either tell her the kids are welcome to to eat whatever you have to offer, if its within your budget, or just dont say anything and if your kids are questioning you can have a talk with them, validate theur feelings then explain that you guys make different food choices in your family.

8 Likes

She’s probably not in the head space to think that far out. I give you props for letting her kids over during this time. Maybe just explain it to her

1 Like

She’s probably just going through a lot and doesn’t want to put you through feeding her kids too. In her mind she’s just trying to help in the situation with her own children. If you are willing to cook for hers tell her that and maybe she can add to what she pays towards fast food to what you cook at home. Divorces can not only be costly but stressful. She is probably thinking what she is doing is right. I understand both sides. Communication is key.

9 Likes

Eh. I wouldn’t say anything. I think it’s pretty entitled of you to even consider asking her to buy your kids fast food too. If you’re that worried about it, offer to repay her to grab extra. But honestly it won’t kill your kids to learn that just because someone else has something, it doesn’t mean they have to have it too. That’s not how the world works.

15 Likes

Yes I would say something if it’s all the time. I would let them know she’s welcome to come over for dinner or help out or even take her daughters home with fast food but not everyone can afford to go out to eat and it would bother me if I couldn’t or wouldn’t with my children

My kids were not allowed to have friends over mon thru Thursday, but weekends it was an orphanage at my house lol, store bought pizza or sandwiches but they would clean my kitchen and living room before I got home from work, sometimes you have to speak up

I would for sure let her know that you are happy to have them and be a haven of safety for them but would prefer if she could either include your kids in her fast food trips or plan ahead with you if she intends them to eat there and maybe she can assist with the groceries needed on given days like if you are making spaghetti offer to help cover costs of the meat and pasta or bring over a few jars of sauce. She probably doesnt realize the faux pau because of the stress she is under depending on how dirty the divorce is. also offer to give her someone to talk to if you feel the need. even if just to listen

2 Likes

I think she is just making sure her kids eat so you don’t have to feed them

7 Likes

It’s rude so o would ask that they don’t do it, or they pick up food for my kids too. I’ll even offer to pay for my kids to have it if that’s the issue but no. It’s not fair, so either everyone gets it or nobody does

Big compliment to you as a mom that they feel safe at your home and yes I agree it’s rude for them to bring food for just her kids and not yours maybe she could ask if you guys wanted anything if she can’t afford it that’s fine also but it’s the thought that counts. Be honest and open say your kids feel left out

I would definitely say something…It isn’t like they are out and she is dropping food off…They are at your house often, so she should either make sure to bring enough for your kids, or just give you a few dollars to pitch in for food since you feed her kids whenever they are there.

2 Likes

Ever heard of giving the benefit of the doubt? What if her perspective is that she is helping by feeding her own kids, instead of having you do it when they are there??
I would actually see this as very considerate tbh. I do think it’s entitled of you to see it as anything but an integral gesture from a *mom, trying to make sure she takes care of her kids :woman_shrugging:t4:

8 Likes

This is so odd to me… I wouldn’t only feed my kids if they had friends over. I don’t think she needs to buy your kids dinner, but pick them up and bring them home to eat.

5 Likes

I would be glad someone was supplying food for their kids and not always expecting me to feed them. I think you’re too entitled to expect someone to feed your kids simply because they are feeding theirs. You even said they are in the process of a divorce. Why do you feel you’re entitled to her feeding your kids?

5 Likes

Your a decent parent if you don’t have enough for everybody then nobody can have it

3 Likes

I think she should at the very least let you know she is bringing food for her kids and offer to pick up food for your children that you pay for.

9 Likes

Say something. She probably feels like she’s not putting you out by providing food but explain that your kids are drooling over their meal! Simply put, before it happens again, tell her the kids are welcome to eat what you’re having. If she’d like to furnish food, more power to her BUT she has to pick up enough for everyone.

3 Likes

No cause there is alot going on - instead talk with her about the food maybe you can do one week then she can do another week , just make sure her kids are happy being at your home

2 Likes

If her kids are at your house a lot I’m sure you feed them your groceries. I’d talk to her and be open about it.

5 Likes

I would tell them definitely if they can’t afford food for all of them then take there kids home to feed them it an insult

4 Likes

It’s weird that people think this is something ok to do. You don’t just drop fast food off to YOUR children when they’re at someone ELSE’S house. It’s rude. If you’re going to feed your kids fast food you PICK THEM UP. Dropping off fast food for your own kids at someone else’s house is weird.

I would just ask her not to bring food for the kids as you are planning on feeding them.

2 Likes

Are you serious? They’re her kids and she’s providing them with food instead of having you make them food which you should be doing anyway since they’re at your house all the time. She doesn’t need to bring food for your kids too. If you want your kids to have fast food then go buy it for them. She has no obligation to buy your kids shit.

It is unfair but so is life. Tell her you will feed her kids if they are over and if she brings something special for them while they are at their friends bring something for your kids too.

3 Likes

My son will be at his friends house and his friend will order food and not get any for my son. So my son will text me asking if I will bring food over bc they either aren’t offering him food, or it’s not something he likes. And if i have the funds…i will ask my son if his friend wants anything. Most of the time my son will say no, his friend doesn’t want anything. Did he even ask his friend? Idk. So i bring just my son food. And as a single mother. With little funds. I’m ok with that. My son is getting fed. And I’m not really worried about what others think I should do or not do. How others were raised or weren’t raised. That’s non of my business.

3 Likes

I take my kids to my cousins house a lot… when I do if we don’t eat there we get take out but by enough for everyone or atleast the children in the house, even my cousins sons friends that are over… or we eat in the car on the way back from take out…. My cousins house with my kids and I included is roughly me + my 3 kids then 8-9 people kids n adult so I usually buy enough to feed 14 people … if I want my kids to have take out while at her house… they also do the same…

2 Likes

I stopped reading at her dropping food off only for her kids. You need to tell her, and mention how rude she is.

Well I look at it like she’s making sure you aren’t having to spend $ on them. I wouldn’t expect her to buy my kids food.

10 Likes

Yes I would talk to her about it, she probably just thinking about feeding her kids so you don’t have to. Just ask her to let you know before hand so you can have her grab your kids something also

2 Likes

Honestly I feel like she might be going through a lot, and might not have the extra money to buy for everyone but is still trying to at least provide for hers

10 Likes

Suck it up! These kids are going thru a sensitive time. The mom is trying to take some burden off you. Perhaps they don’t like your food. Either way not good timing

It is a situation for hurt feelings…and it should be pointed out to her

1 Like

What happened to respect and manners. Evidently those are not being taught. That mother should have her children come home at meal time instead of bringing them treats.

8 Likes

That is just plain rude for her to do.

It’s rude of her …you’d think she would provide for everyone…very thoughtless…she probably thinks she’s helping out and is not sure if you’d be okay with your kids having fast food …I would take her aside and mention it in a nice way …she might feel akward bringing it up…you have nothing to loose …she .might be relieved

Absolutely. I’d say in this house when we buy for one we buy for all, especially food, so if you don’t mind the next time you decide to drop off food for your kids give me a quick call and drop by so I can give you the money to pick some up for my kids too please because it really makes me feel bad to see your kids eating in front of them. I would also say, I understand if that would be too hard for you but in that case just let me know and I will see to it your kids head home in time for lunch/dinner. Maybe her kids are texting her while they are there asking her to bring them something to eat and she’s just not thinking but if she gets mad, she’s using your house to keep her kids out of her hair or making sure she doesn’t have to cook for them. My rules always were, unless invited to join us, everyone goes home for lunch/dinner and then they can come back later if they want. Had to be that way or I would have fed the neighborhood 3 squares a day. Worse case scenario I would say “new rules” open house closes for lunch/dinner every day :woman_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

Maybe she feels she feels like it’s not your responsibility to feed them all the time.:woman_shrugging: she could let you know she is bringing food for them.

3 Likes

She’s treating ur house like a daycare. No. Speak on it pls ppl will use u until there is nothing left if u let them

She’s going through a divorce and I’m sure she’s got a lot on her mind and she’s probably not thinking about it the way you are. She probably appreciates that her kids have somewhere to hang out but feels bad that they’re eating there all the time so she’s trying to feed them so you don’t have to worry about it. I would just make a new rule at your house that everyone goes home for dinner.

6 Likes

Im with the others who think she is probably just trying to feed her kids so you don’t have to. I don’t think she trying to be rude but if you have an issue than communicate that with her and maybe y’all can work out a compromise. I dont understand why people are so afraid to talk to others if they have issues … maybe her intentions were for you not to have to feed the neighborhood and you can’t fault her for that.

Just talk to her, tell her you don’t feel it’s fair. Goodluck

You could say something in a polite way that doesn’t hurt her feelings, I’m sure she is going through a lot right now and it honestly might not have crossed her mind but I’ve always done the same thing as you, you do for one, you do the same thing for all the kids, it’s just respectful. The next time she picks them up, you could suggest and ask if she wants to contribute to buying pizza and then you chip in, that way there is enough for everyone

I’m sorry but what? :joy: For one, unless you want your kids to lose their friends, I wouldn’t say anything. It’s really not your place to. You want your kids to eat fast food? Then you buy it. Putting another burden as such on another mothers shoulders while she’s already going thru some shit is just pathetic. And frankly, quite embarrassing. Maybe offer to feed her kids since they’re over by you so much and you know she’s going thru so much.

Yeah I would say something!

1 Like

Extremely rude and insensitive. Take them home to fatten them up!

I’d ask her to let you know when she’d be stopping by with food, that way you could throw in a few bucks to have her grab something for your kid too

6 Likes