Should I say something to my kids friends mom?

Yeah. But she doesn’t think like that unfortunately. I’m glad the kids found a safe place. Thank you

What she could do is go halfers on pizza for all of them with you instead.

Maybe suggest her just feeding her kids before they come to your house, especially if she’s getting fast food or things that your kids like too. Or tell her to let you know if she’s getting fast food to see if your kids want something too and you’ll give her the money when she gets there. Let her know you don’t expect her to buy your kids food all the time and you understand everything she’s going through but just out of fairness for the kids so no one feels left out.

So she gets a free baby sitter for the whole day but doesn’t buy take away for your kids . Shame on her . We were always told to come home for food and if it was late afternoon early evening and the man of the house came home then that was our time to leave .

5 Likes

Definitely speak up.

1 Like

Absolutely. Tell her if she wants to buy her kids dinner… she can take them & it’s not coming to your house.

I would say something

Id just bring it up nicely. It may have slipped her mind. Sounds like shes going through alot and want to make sure her kids are fed. Just mention it babe. Could be super innocent not thinking type situation

6 Likes

Just say something nicely friend , I always bring enough for ALL kids

I would probably tell the mom that my kids are drooling over her kids food, and that next time she gets them fast food, have them eat it at home.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t be having them at my house all the time, the parents are being slack, they need to parent their kids, getting a divorce is no excuse.
I feel for those kids, they are just getting dumped because it’s easier & your being used to babysit because they are lazy.
And yes they should be buying it for your kids too, very rude.

1 Like

Deff say something bc I can almost guarantee she’s really trying to just make it as easy as possible for you and has to much on her plate right now to see the whole picture from your side.
But ya know, come at it like “lemme know when that’s happening and we can go in half’s on a few pizzas” kinda deal

7 Likes

I feel like she’s just making sure her kids are fed so you dont have to go out of your way to feed them… shes probably going through a range of emotions and doesn’t want you put out feeding her kids everytime they are at your house. If I was in your position I’d probably just tell her not to worry about them being fed as they will get food and maybe tell her one day a week to put some money for their fast food in their bags and treat your kids for the one day to.

11 Likes

Poor Parenting even if you are going through a divorce

1 Like

A part of me says bring it up, another part of me says to ignore it. She might not be thinking or she might be trying to provide something for her kids to eat so they donnot eat all of your food, but due to going through a divorce, might not have the means to buy for all the kids.

5 Likes

Yes just say hey next time when you order food for your kids can you let me know i will order something for mey kids or tell her you will send them home to eat just text you when she gets back home.

3 Likes

When she drops off the fast food, order some fast food for your kids

She is struggling. Maybe she can’t afford to buy more. Be a friend & help her. We never know what’s going on in somebody’s house!

3 Likes

It’s rude I would say something.

My family had to be told, you don’t eat in front of others,unless you bring enough for all. If they can’t afford that, take their children home to eat.

4 Likes

Explain the polite thing is bring food for everyone or take them home. Your home your rules
This is just rude

I would say something like “next time you pick up fast food can you please text me so I can Venmo you some $$ for my kids?”
She is probably just trying to make sure her kiddos eat. Maybe she only has enough for them?

6 Likes

Yeah, I would say something nicely, I had to address my ex husband about this, cause he would bring my oldestvhome after the weekend and drop him off with McDonald’s but me and my new husband have other kids, my oldests brother and sister that also love McDonald’s, I just mentioned to him that if he’s gonna by our oldest food on the nights that he let’s him eat it before bringing it home, that’s its not fair to the others, and I can’t afford to go get the other 2 the same thing when he does that, and actually he was very understanding, actually the next time he did that he brought happy meals for the younger 2, so I definitely would say something

4 Likes

If they prefer being at your house then something is probably going on at home. Their mom probably appreciates you giving them a safe place and feels like she’s helping alleviate your responsibility by providing a meal for her kids while they’re at your house. If I were to bring it up, I’d do it very gently because I don’t see it as a negative/malicious/selfish move on her part. There’s probably something else behind it.

8 Likes

That is what she should b doin, but maybe she cant afford it. My hubby barley gives me spending money and when I leave I will b cut off 100%. She may b trying to do the right thing and just falling short. I would talk to her but approach it slowly…maybe let her know that is she feels she needs to bring FF but cant afflrd it for everyone to let u know and u will make the kids dinner w urs and she can give u the cash to buy more food. I just dont want kids caught in the middle and stuck at “home” in a crap situation.

That’s just weird.
I don’t find this normal
How old are they ?

1 Like

U absolutely should say something

2 Likes

Definitely say something to her, that’s rude and weird

I mean that is kinda rude not to mention weird but idk if I would say anything lol if I did it wouldn’t be direct but she def get the hint :joy: usually when my daughter has friends over at dinner time I discuss dinner plans w the other parent like hey can they eat here or do u want them home for dinner

Fast food is expensive. Make her take the kids home and feed them.

4 Likes

I would say something. If she can’t get it for everyone, she shouldn’t just get it for her kids. I could NEVER imagine doing that. That’s so lame, yes, definitely have a talk with her!

7 Likes

Eh I say ignore it. She’s just making sure her kiddos are being fed. They may not be able to get enough for all of you. Just be happy she’s making sure they’re fed and you won’t have to worry about feeding them unless hungry. That’s just me. Or if you’re bothered go get some for your kiddos when she brings them some

6 Likes

You’re basically babysitting her kids for free. I would say something. That’s just unfair to your kids and you!

6 Likes

That is what she should do a or keep her kids at home.

3 Likes

I would definitely be saying something. The least she could do is bring bring them somewhere else OR go shopping, it will save si much money and then they would be able to share. This is just not cool.

2 Likes

She’s feeding her kids so you don’t have to since they are at your house. Buy your kids something when she brings them food. You can’t expect her to buy everyone’s

5 Likes

For me it’s like this their parents let them just because their parents let them doesn’t mean I’m going to let you but it also teaches in my life lesson but people are going to have things that you don’t and it’s completely okay

3 Likes

I wouldn’t say a thing, my goodness, she’s feeding her kids and dealing with a tough situation…it’s not her responsibility to feed your kids in your home. That’s just weird to me

5 Likes

Talk to her. All or none

3 Likes

I agree with you. If you can, politely tell her to not bring anything unless she brings enough for all the kids (I’m sure the adults will be glad to fend for themselves).

2 Likes

PS back in the day it was normal for kids to be over at others houses, especially if things got tough at home. Parents didn’t ask the other for money, we looked out for one another and fed each other etc this is petty imo be thankful

3 Likes

Sounds like there is a lot going on at home and she and her kids feel comfortable with them being at your house while she’s in this transitional phase. Are you friends with the mom? It sounds like she’s relying on you a lot, but maybe she doesn’t have a big support network. As far as the food, she’s trying to make sure her kids are fed and not taking away food from your family, so being perturbed about that (especially in light of the situation you know she’s in) is petty. Speak up about the amount of time they are spending at your house not about the food she’s sending to provide for her kids. Let’s build each other up and support each other in tough times. If you really have a problem with the food she’s bringing for her kids but don’t mind the kids being at your house then offer to a) feed them along with your family b) ask her to feed them before they come over because it interrupts your family’s dinner.

7 Likes

Why does she need to bring the food to ops house if its only for her kids? She cant take them home at that point they cwn come back later or just eat whatever op makes?

7 Likes

Yes, tell her to buy it when they are at their home, not yours. It is incredibly insensitive of her.

11 Likes

Right or wrong sweetheart if it bothers you say something.

4 Likes

I think it’s rude. I understand she may not be able to afford to feed all the kids. But she should bring her kids home to feed them. I’m sure she wouldn’t appreciate you feeding your kids and not offering anything to her kids.
I think that when it gets close to dinner, you send her kids home and tell them to come back the next day. Sets the precedent that everyone eats in their own homes.

I think that’s so rude of her. Buy all the kids fast food or take your kids home and feed them.
And she’s lucky cause she has you taking care of her kids when she should be putting more work into her relationship with her kids during the divorce. Kids come 1st ALWAYS! :heart:

If she can drop off food, then she should take them home to eat, it’s not fair if she brings food for her kids to eat in front of your, what if you got food for yours and not hers…if they are brought food then she should feed them at home

4 Likes

Maybe just let her know that her children are welcome for supper and you’re hotpot serve them up plates, too, when you feed yours. It is not like they’re missing a family dinner.
That way she doesn’t have to rush, and overspend to bring her kiddos Mickey D’s, etc.

Just kindly talk to her & ask her if y’all could work together on figuring out a way for your kids not to have to watch her kids get & eat fast food. Suggest maybe you buy & then she buys or she calls her kids to go home to eat dinner & then come back to your house or her kids eat at their house before coming over. Maybe together y’all can come up with some great ideas. She’s going through a lot & obviously doesn’t want to take advantage of you & have her kids eat at your house all the time. I think her lack of consideration regarding your kids having to watch her kids eat fast food is an oversight with all she is stressing out about right now.

2 Likes

Just tell her straight up what you just said!

1 Like

At least she is feeding them. Next time she does maybe be like hey can you let me know next time you bring your kids fast food so I can give you money to get mine some. If you can do that. Maybe she wouldn’t mind it and suggest that she’ll just pay for it. You never know. Or suggest her to just bring over food items and you can cook it for her kids and yours. Kinda her bring over the sides or meat and you fill in what she didn’t bring over. Just be there in this time of need for her kids. Don’t push those kids away, they feel safe there. I would help out any mom/dad going through a tough time and I hope they would do the same for me. She may need some “mom friend” time. See if she would like to come over and just talk become her friend. Try to put yourself in her shoes and get to know her. Then maybe :thinking: talk to her about the food situation and her kids coming over without her.

9 Likes

It’s not her responsibility to feed ur kids

4 Likes

Maybe a situation at home is worse than anyone knows… if she feels safe with her children at your house, then the Situation maybe she can only feed her kids because that’s all she can afford…if she feeds them at home it could be worse… just saying there’s always two sides to a story

6 Likes

Maybe buying for everyone isn’t in her budget but she also doesn’t want to burden you with having to feed her kids. Maybe mention to her that your kids want to have the same as their friends and give her a gift card to cover the cost for your kids?

7 Likes

Why not invite the moms over for a potluck dinner that way you can compare recipes and get to know one another and the kids get to eat very well

2 Likes

Maybe suggest instead of spending the money on takeout she could give you towards groceries and you can cook and make sure all the kids are fed home cooked meals. She may not be able to afford to feed your kids too but pitching in for groceries for her kids seems fair to me.

9 Likes

Tell her. Its rude to do that.

Maybe she cant afford to buy it for your kids too but wants to take responsibility for feeding her kids and doesnt want you to have to feed her kids.

4 Likes

Yea, no, this is incredibly rude and hopefully just an oversight on the mom’s part. While it’s nice of you to essentially provide this woman a free babysitting service, you do not owe it to these people to become uncomfortable in your own home. Tell mama to either provide treats for all of the kids while her children are under your roof, or to keep her kids at home during mealtime.

Wow … She has no CLASS.

Some kids have a home life they are embarrassed to talk about. I know that was my situation growing up. I thank God everyday I felt comfortable enough to tell my best friend about what was going on at home. It was my home a lot during my High School years. Her family was awesome and treated me like their own when I was there and never asked anything in return. They had 4 kids of their own and still let me live there my Senior year when my mom and step Father kicked me out.

1 Like

You said it yourself that the kids are currently more comfortable at your house. And I’m sure the mom is happy they have an escape from whatever is going on at home. And I am sure she is appreciative. Which is why she doesn’t want to burden you to feed her kids. What may seem as rude to you may be the opposite for her. She may feel like she is helping and taking. Burden off you. I agree with above offer money to get something for your kids to

I’m sorry but all the 1s saying she may not be able to afford it for all the kids then she should be buying a loaf of bread and 1 or 2 spreads…and making a sandwich for everyone or if she can afford takeaways then she can afford bread and hot chips. There are ways to feed more than her own kids and she seems quite happy for the OP to feed and look after her kids, least she could do is include the OP kids too. There are ways she could go about it that doesn’t exclude kids.

7 Likes

My kids didn’t get the garbage fast foods maybe that’s all she can afford so let her kids eat and you feed your own from your refrigerator maybe you should help her out and feed her kids too

1 Like

The mom might take offense to you bringing that up & might not allow her kids to play with yours anymore. It may ruin their friendship & it sounds like your home is a safe happy place. Now a days everyone gets their feelings hurt so easily so she might take offense. I totally do as a mom get what you are saying it’s hurtful for your kids not to be included.

5 Likes

Next time she comes over to drop off food tell her kids that they need to get their shoes and coats on because it’s time for them to go home and eat dinner. I can’t imagine doing that to someone’s kid.

9 Likes

I would let her know my feelings on it and then explain that she can leave the food in the car when picking them up so her kids can eat at home. If your essentially watching her kids all day and they are eating & drinking well at your house, you have the right to speak up about something that is bothering you. She may not see how insensitive she’s being or maybe she can’t afford it (although buying fast food constantly is expensive as opposed to just grocery shopping). Either way I’d say something and make sure it changes.

2 Likes

Every one saying she can’t afford it…you are right but that $8 she spent on 2 happy meals could make at least one decent meal that mom could also eat and probably even have leftovers🤷🏻‍♀️

2 Likes

Simple… just ask her to feed them before they come over :woman_shrugging:t5:

Hell noooo… if all the kids don’t get fast food none of them should. She should be appreciative that u allow her kids over so much… and how do we know if the o.p. has enough money to add on more electricity being used more water shampoo conditioner being used because of two more bodies being at her house. Bringing food for the OPs kids should be the least she can do as a thank u. If all the kids can’t enjoy take out none one should,it’s not fair

9 Likes

She could go to chip shop get a few bags of chips and a loaf of bread if she can’t afford much
And say that’s for the kids dinner they can have a piece or 2 of chips
Xx

Mince pasta and boilanaise sauce doesn’t cost much in Aldi or lidle so she could have done that and asked if the mum didn’t mind cooking it for the kids
A dunno but there’s ways she could have done it so all kids are fed and none left out
I wouldn’t leave any kid out but maybe that’s just me xx

I was raised where if you didn’t have enough to go around. You ate at your house.

5 Likes

However this is their dinner so it may be different.

That’s rude & disrespectful it blows my mind that people really think this is okay! If she doesn’t have the money she could easily take them to eat & bring them back or make it work between them all (which is actually pretty easy these days) I would never let someone do that to my kids in their home cause even they know we do not do that… honestly even a little communication on her end letting you know she stopping so you could at least pay for your kids but nahhh nope we do not play them games!

your kids arent having their world turned upside, go get them mcdonalds if they feel that left out. ffs

4 Likes

could it be tht meal times a nasty tym at home for them so even thou eating it at urs may be only chance eat tea in peace and none scary admit not fair could u aford give her a little bite off money pick up some next time she dose her kidos

Strange …but maybe she’s fighting with her husband on the days she’s dropping off food. Wants them to eat in peace and is just not thinking straight.
Maybe have a word. Ask her to bring meals for your kids too as they like the occasional fast food meal as well. Offer to pay for your kids meals on the days she’s bringing them. Or say if she brings them twice a week you’ll feed them with your kids twice a week and maybe she’d like to stay for coffee and a chat ?

3 Likes

yes say something its rude and hurts the other kids

It’s fast food ffs. Maybe she doesn’t have enough for all the kids but feels bad to have you make dinner for her kids at dinner time so she makes sure she at least feeds her two so you don’t have to. I wouldn’t mention something so petty.

3 Likes

Maybe she thinks she’s doing you a favour by not having to feed her children, she maybe feels that because they are at your home so often, the least she can do is feed them, so you don’t have to.

13 Likes

She and her kids are going through a nasty divorce and a tough time and all your worried about is she doesn’t give your kids fast food??? How about showing concern for her and her children. How about you help her out and cook for her children along with your family bc maybe they feel left out bc they’re family is falling apart and yours is intact? How about maybe her children feel left out bc they’re mom cant be bothered atm with everything she is dealing with and just drops off garbage and just leaves? Concerned about your kids not getting fast food with them??? You really need to focus on the bigger picture in this situation.

8 Likes

I think an easy conversation could fix this issue. She might be dropping food off to them, so they’re taking from your fridge. She might not realize what she’s doing is making you upset. I would never ask another parent to buy my children food. Is this everyday or ever now and then? Maybe say hey when you stop to buy the kids McDonald’s will you grab my kids something too? Offer to pay for it.

4 Likes

I would say something to her tell her her kids need to go home during dinner time and came back tomorrow. It’s kind of rude for her to just drop off food at your house and your kids can’t have it too. That or tell the mom to stop you’ll just feed them so all the kids have the same stuff to eat and no-one is getting hurt feelings

I would say something, I was always taught that when you bring food, you bring for all. I agree maybe speak with her and ask her if she can drop off meat that you can cook for all or if you can give her money so she bring for your kids as well.

3 Likes

Would you feel the same way if she was dropping off homemade food? I don’t think it’s her obligation to buy your kids food unless you offer to pay for your kids

Farout people put up with dumbshiit, see i wouldn’t have them at mine if the mother did shiit like that, and yes I’d be telling her don’t step back through my gate Oh and take rugrats with ya Lmao

1 Like

Shes not responsible for ur kids only hers. She doesn’t need to feed ur kids. If u want ur kids to eat fast food then buy it urself otherwise stop bitching

Wow some of these moms are judgy. I don’t think it’s petty or unreasonable at all. I wouldn’t expect her to pay for my kids food but I would ask that she let me know if she was going to do that and send her some money and ask if she could grab my kids some too so no one feels left out. I would also make sure she knows that you really don’t mind feeding her kids. She may think that her kids are a burden being over there so often. I would talk to her and see if you can work something out. Maybe if she does feel bad you could work something out where one night you cook and one night she ordered pizza. Try to get to the bottom of what’s going on and let her know that your kids feel left out when she brings fast good. I bet you can come to an agreement that everyone is happy with. It’s not something that’s worth potentially ruining your kids friendship over for sure. Good luck. :heart:

12 Likes

While it would make me sad for my kids, my kids will have to understand that some people get things you want, but can’t have. It’s a part of life. I always make sure to get enough for everyone when I bring something to a friend’s house or I have my kids eat whatever it is before they go in.

4 Likes

I would just be like hey, when you bring fast food for your kids would mind grabbing for mine to?
They don’t want to eat what I make when they see McDonald’s. Lol.
Just give me a heads up so I don’t cook.
Here’s $20 they arent picky at all & love chicken nuggets

9 Likes

I’d say something she can take them home to eat or bring enough for your kids to

5 Likes

I dont spose it would hurt her to give yours a treat once in a while seems you have her lil ones a fair bit

2 Likes

I am surprise with all the comments depending the mom that bring the fast food.
The other mom sounds like most of the time she is the one feeding , entertaining etc the kids.
I would not let that mom do that.
Tell her that if she not supplying for the other kids to take them home to eat.
We useed to spend so much money on our kids friends. It seams like we was the parents.
We started asking the other parents for money if we was going out to etc or doing something fun.
If they didnt have it. They would go home.
Parents take care of yiur own kids , dont make others do it

4 Likes

I agree with you. Speak up

2 Likes

Be the bigger person if you can. Don’t give this unfortunate family something else to feel bad about. Perhaps mom cannot afford to feed anyone else. Seems like she’s making an effort to feed her kids so you won’t have to. Be creative. If you don’t want to get fast food for your kids, maybe you could make a batch of macaroni or spaghetti, get a pizza,… something all the kids could eat together.
Good on you for helping this troubled family.

6 Likes

I hate that crap…If my kids are ever at someone else’s house playing and I was going to get food, I will for damn sure be bringing back for everyone else. Either we all eat, or we all go to our perspective houses to eat alone🤷‍♀️

Talk to her. If you feel like she’s treating you like a day care… tell her that she brings enough for all or takes her kids home. I’m glad you are there for the kids. They will remember this fondly. I think you should invite her in for tea and sympathy.

3 Likes

You are being taken advantage of.

3 Likes