Should I say something to my sister in law about never wanting to hang out?

I’m sure she’s probably thinking you have a baby and are on a schedule the older kids are not n anymore.

If the invite is not there don’t force it their loss

I wouldn’t make it an issue - if it truly bothers you say something.
Be nice and honest feet feelings
No attacking her
Let her explain :heart::pray:
Why?

Until your kid is up and running around don’t push it. It’s different when they are older because then you’re not shoved up their asses all the time so

Living with it for almost 30 years. Lost that loving feeling long ago.

You said you don’t want to hang out with her. She probably doesn’t want to hang out with you either.

Nope-Been with my hubby for 17 years-He has 2 sisters-I think maybe once eac-MAYBE

How about you just invite them over?

2 Likes

Wait for the right time no need to rush in your daughter to socialize.

You’re over reacting, how much hanging out can an 8month old do?

First of all if your husband is the briother its his place to speak up. Second of all dont chase no body that doesnt include you. He shld say something… But only once.also u can invite her or her kids and not her lol over sometimes If nothing changes move on.UPDATE I just realized she said an 8 month old lol girl move on. U said u dnt want to hang out with her. Her kids are 14 and 16 your kid is 8 mnths

3 Likes

Let it go if they care about her they will make an effort

1 Like

No. It’s rude to invite yourself. If there choose to not have a closeknit relationship you have to let it be.

Never beg someone to be in your child’s life🤷‍♀️

Maybe she just isn’t close to your husband

Invite the kids to do something or pay them to come help with your little ones.

Maybe she’s worried re covid

Shes 8 months she can’t even do anything🤦🏾‍♀️

6 Likes

If you would like to be included then invite yourself, you dont have to stay hours, just a brief hour, invite them for lunch even, or meet in a park. You are family even if you dont see them often. Maybe she doesnt realise that it would be good to all meet up. Sometimes you have to meet in the middle, you dont have to become best friends but at least become friends. She might feel that you dont see her kids either. Works both ways.

So I always had to invite myself to my sister’s house. She had a daughter born 1999 and I had daughters born 2001 & 2005, she also had a step son 6 months older than her daughter. So I wanted my girls to grow up with her kids. But it was always me to call her and see what they were doing and “tag” along. She never called me to say…wanna go to a movie,the beach, a lake,or even to the local park. When her daughter was 12 she moved 24 hours away and when she would bring her daughter back for family visits or send her daughter back to her father(they got a divorce) I would have to beg and plead to see what they were doing to still tag along. The last straw was when she called me to drive 2-3 hours away to pick up her daughter at last minute and I was thrilled that she was letting her stay the night with us,so as I was planning what we could do the next day and going over it with her she said NO I Couldn’t do anything with her cause a friend of hers would be picking her up and she wanted her daughter to also spend the night with her friends kids and then her dad would eventually get her. So since I questioned my sister about “our time” with my niece she changed her mind and said she didn’t need me to get her,and the morale of the story is: I wasn’t planning the perfect trip the week my niece was here so we didn’t get to see her. It was my nieces spring break and my sisters friend took her(with her 2 boys) to Universal Orlando,Disney Magic Kingdom,and to the Beach for the whole week. When I talked to my sister she blamed me for being bipolar and I needed to address that and be on Medication and until I did her daughter was not visiting us. Well that’s the last time I spoke to my sister and niece… her loss,even now the girls are old enough to text,tweet,snap chat with their phones they had to send the messages to their cousin to add her and still to this day they have to be the ones to get any responses from their cousin…Like Mother,Like daughter…yup So I told my girls to be happy and not wait on her…Enjoy Life cause there are plenty of other people to spend time with!

So… why don’t you invite them over? The teenagers can babysit the younger ones while you go out with the in laws… although they may know how you feel about them and don’t want it around them

1 Like

Most 14 and 16 year olds aren’t super big into hanging out with and bonding with babies… maybe when yours is a little older and can actually play and interact I could see more bonding with the 4 and 6 year olds… but at this stage it’s not likely to happen the way you expect! And you said you don’t want to hang out with them yourself so I’m not sure if this is more just you feeling left out (which is valid) or what exactly your expectations are

Growing up has never come the easier way. It comes with lots of challenges like lost marriages, lost love, financial and job problems and so many more, but still there has always been a solution to every challenges that we face in life. Life has been so difficult for me these past few months and I had given up on myself knowing that I will not find love or true happiness again. Two months ago I found out I was pregnant and I was so happy and excited to have my own baby and I didn’t even call my boyfriend. I just wanted to take the results to him and show him face to face and share the good news together. But when I reached his flat I saw his car parked outside and knew he was home so I went straight to his room. When I knocked, he allowed me to enter because he wasn’t expecting me at the time, but when i opened the door I nearly fainted because I caught him ready handed with another woman in his house. I looked at them and closed the door and ran away, he followed me saying his sorry and the woman is just a friend and nothing else but I knew he was lying and I walked away. I reached home and cried a lot until i told my best friend everything and she told me to fight for my man and not loose him to another woman. She gave me Sir Marere contact +2348109805184 email is: marerespells@gmail. com and told me Sir Marere will bring back my boyfriend to me and love only me. So i contacted Sir Marere and told her everything, he made a love and binding prayers for me and in 1 day of the prayers my boyfriend came to me with that woman I saw him with and knelt down and begged for my forgiveness and told the woman that am the love of his life and he doesn’t ever want to see her again. The woman walked away and that evening my man came back with a baked cake and gifts and flowers and asked for my forgiveness again and promised never to hurt me again and I told him that we are having a baby, he cried and smiled with joy and happiness. We are back together and so much in love and waiting for our baby to arrive. Thanks so much Sir Marere your prayers indeed work. You can call or whats-app Sir marere on +2348109805184 Email: marerespells@gmail. com incase you are passing through the same situation. Don’t be discouraged by what people may tell you that even don’t know the situation you are going through, all that matters are the results so feel free to contact him.

How about you invite them over?

Invite them over to your house.

Let it go for now she is still young

Invite her to your house

Nah. Count your blessings lol

5 Likes

You said “her other brother”. Is her other brother not also your brother? If so, that may have something to do with it.
And “other brother” leads me to assume you’re a guy. If that’s correct, you mention having a husband. Could the issue be her not liking you being gay?

It might be because she assumes life is busy with the baby… And perhaps with the pandemic she’s just trying to protect your family. It goes both ways too! Perhaps invite them over to hang out with you guys and see how it goes. She might just assume you wouldn’t want to go over to their place with the baby.

1 Like

You ask her to set up a day for you all to hang out. Tell her you want your kids to get to know their cousins. Worst case scenario she says no. But at least you tried. No harm in making the first step. Ignore all the rude commenters who make you second guess yourself, you got this!

I think it’s hard to expect the older kids to hang out and really interact with an 8 month old :woman_shrugging:t3: I was super close to my cousins who were closer in age but I also have almost a dozen cousins who are ten plus years younger than me and I have a different relationship with them (in addition to a brother who is 13 years younger than me) the age gap can just make it hard. I’d personally let your little get a little older. My SIL and I have three kids between us who are all 2 right now and we didn’t even start really doing play dates until they were all 1.

You don’t really want to hang out with her but you mad at her for not wanting to hang out with you :woman_facepalming:. Why don’t you invite them over to yours instead of waiting to be invited if it bothers you so much.

I know what that feels like. My family does the same th in ng to my kids. They are only invited if the know they will participate in and with their habits. This does not bother me, but feel bad that my relatives do not want want to consider inviting my kids and also for them to behave when they are around them. But to each their own, but when they want something they do not hesitate to come around and take. Right?

Just let it go. You should be enjoying your time with her now. She’s tiny…and she will not always be. Don’t worry about other family. Maybe they’re trying to be considerate towards you and don’t want to bother you and your daughter time. Plus if you don’t wanna see the adult members of family why would you force the issue with the baby.

That’s toxic af. Keep her away from people like that. My husband’s family is the same way. They are “too good for us” -by their logic​:roll_eyes::unamused: “more power to em,” I say. Plus it says more about them than us, we’ve always tried to let them be involved, went out of our way to let them spend the time- we thought they needed. when in reality they just wanted us around so they could talk shit. My mother always told me birds of a feather flock together and pick at the best fruit. So let em pick. :blush: Enjoy your family ya made together.