Should I stick with my toxic job?

I started my job December of 2020 , the end of December 2020 I found out I was pregnant and was worried because I just got this wonderful job making good money I didn’t wanna lose it. Well they offered that when the time came I could bring my baby to work well that’s what I have been doing for the past 5-6 months… very exhausting … but I’m doing what I got to because I need the money. I e loved my job I have always been on time never late work late you know I give more of my time than I feel I should . Well last month I had went to my HR and spoke about an issue I felt needed to be exspressed regarding her leadership. She’s very two sided and can’t commit to anything she tells any of her employees it’s just exhausting. Well she took my job title away and pushed me to work for another owner of the company because of me speaking on the issue. She’s been treating me badly and being very hostile towards me it’s become very uncomfortable. I have been searching non stop for another job willing to allow me to bring my baby to work or even a legit stay at home job … I feel like I’m drowning . This world puts such a toll on mothers. I need advice . Should I keep pushing at this toxic job and push foward, should I quit? I’m mentally exhausted

82 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Should I stick with my toxic job? - Mamas Uncut

I think maybe you should go back to HR regarding retaliation.

24 Likes

Get a baby sitter an keep job stand up for your self

2 Likes

That’s illegal! You need to speak with HR again. It’s called retaliation. If the don’t fix the problem hire an attorney.

18 Likes

Consider yourself lucky to be able to take your child to work! Mind your own business and do your job and go home. Your not there to make besties

18 Likes

If you’ve ever done phone work message me I work for legit at home work I can try to help u at least apply and have reference

5 Likes

Get a babysitter bc it’s rare you can bring your child to work. I’d file for retaliation. Either HR handles it or you can sue.

6 Likes

File a complaint w HR. It’s a very serious issue if she took action against you AFTER you documented issues against her w HR. She would need a rock solid case against u that needed to start prior to your complaint w HR. It’s illegal to go after you because of a complaint u brought up w HR. Don’t let it go and follow up w HR

4 Likes

I don’t know what you are doing but Citi Bank has fraud (no experience needed) entry level jobs starting at $20.00 an hour and work from home. Just an FYI. Good luck.

6 Likes

I believe the person is the HR… from what I read. Maybe taking it a step further would be best. An record all verbal and written communications.

3 Likes

File a grievance pray and God will deal with it.

3 Likes

Is it the job or the people that are toxic. I think there is more to this that you are not stating.If it is a job you like or love(your words) then fight for it. File a complaint

2 Likes

Your lucky all my jobs never let me bring my kids much less my ten year old my job is exhausting to but I worry grass won’t be greener on the other side it’s hard to find good jobs but you can work from home

7 Likes

Not sure what country you’re in but try to apply for aid for a babysitter. Some programs have a sliding scale for payment if you qualify. Do you have any close family that can watch your little one? Keep your head up mama

Say no more, yes! I didn’t have read no more than the first sentence.

It’s doubtful that you can find another job that will let you bring your baby to work. The way it looks, you can try to fight the maltreatment at this job and stay, push through the crap at this job, hope it stops, and keep working at this job. Or you can get a new job and a sitter. Or you can hope for the miracle of a good paying work from home job. I wouldn’t quit this job until you find another one. And maybe, with time, things will settle down where you are. And you can still take your baby to work.

1 Like

The world is tough on people in general
This finacial decision that you must make! But what i can say is we all have had to make tough decisions for our families some work out some fail, whatever thw decision you make good luck

Do you want to eat and keep a roof over you baby’s head? Don’t forget to pack your lunch before you leave for work. Continue to work until you’ve already been hired for a new position somewhere else. Never quit a job until you have another to take in it’s place. Never.:+1:

8 Likes

How did you expect her to act when you complained to hr about her?
Sounds like you had it pretty sweet
Now you get to go through the whole process again and file a complaint against her creating a hostile work environment, make sure you document everything so if you are wrongfully terminated you have proof
Start looking for affordable childcare because I wouldn’t hold my breath on finding another job that allows you to bring your baby

7 Likes

Life’s short! Find another job, plenty are hiring.

I’m curious what job you have and how you can do it while you watch an infant

3 Likes

File a grievance. But look for another job. They will be finding ways to get rid of you once you started to complain. But find a babysitter. No where can you work with bringing your baby to work. Maybe work from home

1 Like

Idk if this is allowed but there is a work from home Fb page. Where they will email you legitimate wfh jobs. I will be looking at end of may… let me know if you would like the name

1 Like

File a grievance about her, before quitting or before she try to get you fired. It will be documented.

1 Like

If you can’t talk about problems to your boss then it’s time to get another job… but I’d find another while still working for this one until you do… and I’d file a law suit against them for doing you like this! This place seriously sounds like a crap hole if you can’t even express your feelings to HR … sounds like they won’t be in business very long not letting their employees express anything to them without taking their position away … I would’ve prob walked out that day and told her to work it herself because there’s to many places hiring right now to put up with being unhappy and walking on eggshells around this person!! Good luck best wishes and congratulations on the new baby!!

1 Like

You shouldn’t have to feel like that at work period but the problem is finding a job that will actually let you bring your baby with you so it’s a hard toss up weather to leave or stay…

You don’t deserve to be treated like that,
You need to speak to someone higher than her or report her to fair work

1 Like

Lots of companies are allowing people to work from home, otherwise get yourself a sitter, I have never heard of a company allowing that to go for a long time.\

3 Likes

Contact the employment commission to see what your options might be. I’m unclear whether it’s your boss or H.R. that is being awful to you. BTW, you always have to keep in mind that H.R. works for the company, not employees. They don’t want the company to get sued or suffer from bad publicity or other things that might harm their bottom line. So go into your fight armed with this in mind.

1 Like

Leave! Been there done that. I also worked for a manager that pulled a retaliatory stunt. Your health and peace of mind is far more important. Few jobs allow you to take the baby but you have many options. Look into trustworthy care for your child. Maybe a family member or friend. In a pinch, you’ll figure things out.

Find yourself another job. Life is to short to be miserable at work. Karma us real and it will come back and bite her in the butt!!

Is there anyone else you could talk to above her ??

So am I reading this right? Your boss is HR and you complained to HR about herself and her leadership skills and how you felt they where lacking? This is also 1 of the people I’m assuming that in order to keep you as an employee helped make it possible for u to work AND bring your baby to work?and you expected a different result? :no_mouth::no_mouth: Smh ok well Good luck in your job hunt I hope you can find another job willing to be that accommodating.

9 Likes

That’s a tough one, you will be super lucky to find another job that will allow you to take your child to work other then like a job at a day care. In a normal company you should be able to go to HR and talk to them without the fear of retaliation. Unless there is something more to the story.

8 Likes

2 sides to every story, seems a lot is missing here? The boss is letting you bring a baby to work, good luck finding a job that does that. Your boss probably feels that he/she has bent over backwards allowing you to bring a baby to work already.

9 Likes

As a nanny you can likely bring your child to work w you.

You need to look into your state labor laws. You cannot loose your job in most states for reporting an issue. also most have retaliation laws. Working for women is the worst. they are very petty and often feel in competition. I have been through this but my HR supported me though the process and made management work with me in a productive healthy manner. Document dates and times of the inappropriate behavior…save emails. REport them each time they happen. Always be professional yourself… there are ways to professionally put people in thier place. Possibly let HR know you may be speaking with a lawyer. Sometimes that gets them…but being educated before the meeting is your best bet. But some companies will never do right and will find a way to get rid of you in the end. So best to have a backup plan. most people had to pay daycare before the pandemic so you may have to suck it up and do that … nothing is worth your peace. Good luck

I’d go above h.r. as she shouldn’t be lashing out because you told for something that you needed to and you shouldn’t have lost your title for it either.
But do what’s best for you and your child

3 Likes

If it exhausts you mentally it’s not for you, moneyay be good but sanity and your own value is worth way more. Go where you are appreciated not tolerated. Good luck to you.

I get paid over $ 125 per hour w0rking from home. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 21984 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is limitless.

M0re Info. https://besthomejobs44.netlify.app/

Im trying to understand why an HR would have that kind of power. I would personally go above her head.

4 Likes

As soon as you said ‘toxic’ I didn’t need to read any more.

No.

1 Like

Quit and look into working at a child care facility. See what the qualifications of being a aide or floater in a center.

You need to try and find something else that job doesn’t sound good

Should have never said anything

5 Likes

Regardless of how this job works out for you, I highly suggest always speaking with an individual directly before going over their head. Unless it is an ethical or legal issue, there is to be a basic level of respect when it comes to human beings, and I’ve yet to find a situation where this ever works out. Many individuals see this as a personal attack and typically the relationship does not recover. Just my two cents on that particular issue.

5 Likes

Go above HR asap.
Wah Job Factory!!!

2 Likes

I would try to talk to someone above her

I DO NOT CARE how much a job is paying once you start messing with mental health deuces. I only have one mind I’d be crazy to lose it over a job.
Just cause accommodations were made doesn’t mean you have to tolerate every nonsense.

If the word “toxic” is included anywhere in the question, the answer is always no.

3 Likes

I don’t think you should be the one looking for a new job. HR is there for many reasons, one of them is taking on the role of making sure employees are content. HR is who you go to when there is an issue. Their job is to put their feelings aside and do their best to rectify the issue. Apparently their way of rectifying it, is to cause a hostile work environment. Ironically enough, they are who you are supposed to report a hostile work environment to. I’d go over their head. Can you put in a formal complaint? Maybe set up a meeting between the 2 of you and a third party? It’s clear that you can’t rely on them to do their job.

2 Likes

Sorry, trying to wrap my head around someone expecting to find a job that is okay with them bringing a baby to work? The liability issue with this is huge.

I feel like there is way more to the story here than you are presenting. As a rule, the head of HR cannot strip you of your title unless they are, in fact, your supervisor. In this case, it appears you questioned her leadership ability and instead of firing you, she found you a different position under a different supervisor? Unless your compensation changed, she has done all that she is obligated to do. Stop working overtime for someone who doesn’t appreciate your hard work.

Also: find a job that pays you enough to cover daycare so this doesn’t happen again.

2 Likes

I’m very excited earning a lot of money from home through cryptocurrency investment, my life has been a blessing knowing such genius and reliable account manager who guide me through bitcoin trading investment. I start with little capital investment with Mrs Lisa jennifer,she is the right person you need when it comes to trading with full login access to monitor your profit, thank you mam for your trust throughout my investment I’m full with joy. Click on the name below message her and start earning.
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

Doesn’t sound like HR is looking out for the worker there. They shouls be talking with the boss to make some arrangements…

I’m so much happy for subscribing to this crypto/forex trading #Bot, this trading has been earning me profits for my little investments. I’m now debt free… I have no experience of trading, but I’m making withdrawals of 85% returns every trade with Lisa Jennifer the strategy manager with her sincere heart, she’s always available to respond messages.
You can contact her below.
:point_down:

The Work at Home Lounge (WAHJobQueen) is really good on updating about new jobs daily if not multiple times a day