Should I take my childs father back to court?

Would you take your child’s father back to court for supervised visits if he moved a woman in with him, who had her two children removed from her care? I just feel if a judge determined her unsafe around her own children, she shouldn’t be around mine.

58 Likes

No this sounds crazy you don’t know her circumstances or her story. If you meet her and then decide she is not safe then take him back but don’t judge a book by its cover.

6 Likes

I’ve known good people who’ve had their kids taken by shady judges and ex’s with deep pockets. I’ve known people who should never be around kids to keep them after others tried and begged to have them removed. Definitely find out more but don’t jump to conclusions.

2 Likes

You are your child’s only advocate. & your ex is thinking w a diff body part, not his brain. So yes. A Judge felt for whatever the reason is, her children should be taken out of her care. Do u want the same for your child?

2 Likes

Absolutely, there’s a reason her children were taken. Your child’s safety is #1

1 Like

Could be possible she cannot provide care for any children. I’d consult CPS to start with. They may have a problem with her being around your children.

I wouldn’t want my kids around her. If she lost custody of her own children…it’d be an easy no to me!

2 Likes

If you think a person’s unsafe for YOUR CHILD then do what you gotta do. To many stories of babies being hurt by their mom’s/dad’s new bf/gf. Besides your baby your rules. Daddy don’t like it then off to court to settle things.

1 Like

How long ago were her own children taken? Is she working on getting them back? You should get to know her and the circumstances. She’s not the enemy. I understand your concern for your children but it sounds like you’re jumping the gun a bit possibly.

2 Likes

Mmmmmm nope if she legally had her kids taken from her. You better figure something out I wouldn’t let my child back in daddy’s custody until that’s figured out. You need answers…

3 Likes

I don’t care if it’s judgy or might hurt someone’s feels if I feel uneasy about a person alone with my child then I would do something about it. Better safe than sorry

6 Likes

I’d definitely wouldnt allow my children to be around this, unless I’d investigate on the whole situation!!!

1 Like

Take him back to court. You have to do some serious stuff to have your kids taken and not have fought whatever charge till your last breath.

1 Like

Give the father visiting rights without hassles.

1 Like

Yes. When it comes to my kids I’m not taking any chances

Yup I would…never risk the safety of your kids…better to be safe then sorry

Can you search her name on your counties court records? See if theres any charges/court transcripts?

Yes I would or find out why kids were taken first

1 Like

Hows long ago did her problem start, has she been cleared and just not fought for them, i know where im from if you’re still in the system so to speak then you are not permitted to reside with someone who has kids, I’d mention it to a lawyer see what they have tho say

Yes you don’t know what might happen

1 Like

No. Is there a reason that is your first option? Are you not able to have dialogue with the father? Ask why her children were removed. You have a right to know seeing as your children will possibly be in her care.

1 Like

You know, i would be safe on this judgement. It is not worth risking your children’s safety. I would go to family court and ask them to decide if you have to send them. Maybe they dhould have supervised visits.

It’s ultimately up to you. However, just because she had children removed from her care doesn’t mean she necessarily did something wrong. I think it would be best to find out why they were removed in the first place.

I lost custody of my older two children for the simple fact my ex husband was able to provide for them financially at the time and I was not because he kicked me out and I had no job. I did nothing wrong in that scenario and love my children more than life itself and would never harm them. I still have visitation with my children and I call them 3 times a week.

Don’t pass judgment.

6 Likes

I would find out why they were removed. I really think you should at least sit down and talk to her.

DCF/CPS is not exactly known for it’s honesty or integrity.

11 Likes

Most definitely! Time to go to court and also ask that she cannot be around when kids are visiting.

2 Likes

There is a difference in having parental rights terminated because a judge ruled her unsafe or immoral versus her not having full custody anymore because of a break up or divorce. I would try to get to know her and find out the facts yourself. Talk with your childrens father about your concerns and try to reach an understanding before making a decision.

5 Likes

You’d have to prove he is unfit and girl, that’s very hard. I did a custody battle for a little over a year.

1 Like

Yes! Your job as a mother is to protect your child! I would feel the same way!

1 Like

You need to find out first why she doesn’t have them. Don’t pass judgement especially not knowing the situation.

3 Likes

If you feel you are doing it in the best interests of your child, yes- I am assuming you already tried to discuss with the father? If there is any small reason of doing it Bc you want your ex to pay then not the best move.

I’d be taking him back for being shacked up because I don’t think it’s beneficial for children to have people bouncing in and out of the house period.

No ma’am. You will have to prove that he us unfit as a Father. Do you trust him as a Father? If you do then mind your business and let him run his house hold. Who he moves in his place is his business. Until he gives you a reason you might want to sit this one out. The court will look at you at being bitter and controlling if the Father has not given you a reason to think he can no longer take care of y’all child while in his custody. Don’t let all these Yes folks have you in court looking crazy!!!

2 Likes

I guess your husband was not a blessing.

No his rights aren’t terminated. As long as he doesn’t leave the child alone with her than and even then you need to know why.
You can’t Judge a book by its cover, the kids could have gotten taken away because she didn’t make enough and so they went to the dad. You don’t know the story

3 Likes

Honestly depends on what she lost custody of her kids over. If it’s child abuse or something that bad, then I would have an issue.

1 Like

Definitely figure out why she doesn’t have them.

I would anybody how was.determined unsafe for her kids means she unsafe for your kids and then are in danger being there while she is

I don’t know what state you’re in but in oklahoma you can view court documents. If thats an option, i would find out why she was unfit then go take him to court if shes no good. Also, getting proof of her living there would be a must because essentially its your word against theirs.

Depends on the reason . Did she still get visition? Has her situation changed? Get the full story. In the mean time supervised visits?

I thought this page was called My husband is a blessing?

7 Likes

Absolutely and would have a complete background check done on her.

1 Like

Have you talked to this women to see why and if she is in fact unsafe or if it is some bitterness between them that was past. Never assume seems prideful and pride cometh before a fall…or thats what the bible says. Check it out for yourself

His rights weren’t terminated so as long as he isn’t leaving your child with her unattended it’s honestly irrelevant.

2 Likes

Do you know this to be fact? If so, I would.

He lives wt a wmn tht has had issues. WT kids.there is a time where she will b alone wt em.cme on y’all kw how sme step parents can be…i was a step child had dad but not mom.she would wait till dad left n put me out 9.a.m. No do this to your kids.tell judge how you feel…as a MOM🌹you will get what you ask for MOM🌹

That is not a good reason to fight for supervised and a judge won’t see it that way either as long as there’s a roof over their head clean house no abuse and food in fridge there’s nothing you can do plus her case is completely different and doesn’t matter

1 Like

Yes , I would go back to court as soon as possible.

1 Like

My daughters fathers gf is a piece of shit who lost custody of her kid too but I never kept my daughter away from her dad. They been together 4 years and even tho my daughter doesn’t like her, she’s always been safe and taken cared of by her dad.

1 Like

Do what you have to protect your child. There is a reason she doesn’t have her own. My child is not around my exes new girlfriend for the same reason.

2 Likes

Do a little digging first, check for criminal records and such. That woman may have done nothing wrong and the father of her child just had the upper hand and won. You never know but the internet is a very useful tool. There are websites you can pay for background checks, its worth it even if she had custody of her kids. I would still want to know if someone had a criminal past if they werw around my child

2 Likes

Don’t trust no1wt YOUR kids No!!!whtever she done…she not gna do it wt your kids.trust your intenct.lta kids out there getting hurt by step moms n dads.you hv the rght to say No.she has a past issues wt kids…NOT YOURS🌹

I wouldnt be letting my kids go to that house. Simple as that

1 Like

Child protective services can also investigate it id you are that concerned.
Too be honest a friend of mine was dating a guy on the registry and she had no idea but her sons dad found out through a friend and called CPS, They just ordered that the child not be around him, she never spoke to him again. So there is that route as well.

If that’s the case then yes. There has to be a reason her kids were taken away so I wouldn’t trust yours around her

1 Like

They wont do anything but tell him not to leave the child unattended with her. You can only push for action if he does leave your child with his gf unattended cause hes put child at potential harm. Tho do you know why her kids were removed? My eldest is out of my care because I was hospitalized for 3 weeks severely ill after trying to get doctors to check me for 5 years and social workers put it down to me neglecting my son despite I was still taking him to his dads, getting up to feed and dress him and take him to school and all and hes been with my mum now 4 years this summer. So she might not actually be unsafe to kids around her

Do you actually know why she lost her kids? Was she actually violent towards her kids? How long ago were they taken? Was/Is she is using drugs(or at least failing drug screenings) there needs to be questions asked before judging someone or a situation(if you’re going to)… life happens and sometimes losing your kids is the end result, but if it was awhile ago she could have changed. However, the courts will not do anything except say that she basically cant be around your kids, especially if he’s done nothing wrong.

1 Like

Hell yes I would. If a women gets her kids taken away then there is something seriously wrong and I definitely wouldn’t want my child around that

10 Likes

Yes! I would not trust her around mine if they took hers!

2 Likes

I would definitely talk to your attorney about it. I’m with you.

1 Like

Your concern is VALID!

2 Likes

You won’t get it. A judge will tell you that you can’t dictate who your ex sees your child with. No matter how toxic the person is…

2 Likes

I would but it depends on the state ur in on whether or not the judge will grant u that. I would talk to an attorney before going to the court to see ur options and also look into what the reason was to why she lost custody of her children.

Do you know the details? I’d definitely try to find out before you start proceeding to court… Because How do you know her x wasn’t a giant asshole and lied on her to get custody and not pay child support???
Gotta learn all the details before you stir a pot you cant unstir.

If her kids were absolutely taken from her she wouldn’t even be allowed to see her kids.

Yes. If she’s an unfit mother i wouldn’t have her around my children either.

Yea why dosent she have her kids is my thing my two are cureentky in safety plan cause of lies being reported to dss by our own family until we get there with court

My kids dads’ gf, who was also his cousin, had lost all her kids. Things changed when she sent my 4 year old home with an infected cigarette burn on her shoulder. Bet your ass I called CPS and that bitch hasnt seen my kids since. Neither has their dad… his choice. 8 years strong me and my babies :two_hearts: