Should I tell the guys family I am pregnant?

Wait until the child is born then just stroll on by. You dont need a stressful drama filled pregnancy. Also make sure they do a DNA test at delivery

2 Likes

I would after your further along & just worry about you & the baby :blush:
If you or when you tell them just let it be, if they want to be apart of this blessing then great if not do what is best for you & your child.

But I also would not cause drama or stress to your life, I’ve been here before.
It wasn’t a fling we had actually been on & off for 8 years but he was controlling & I didn’t want to be with him & once I got away from him, I was pregnant.
Find your happy place & you will do great!

For everyone saying “screw his feelings tell his family” and have baby anyway :thinking: now if the shoe was on the other foot and the girl didn’t want the baby but the guy did… would it be OK for him to go to her family and force her to have the baby???

2 Likes

Make sure it’s his baby before you decide to get people riled up. I see Jerry Springer in the future.

1 Like

Im looking at it like this. If my sons were to get someone pregnant and didnt want to help or be in the baby life. (No not all people think this way) I would want to know and have the chance to be in my grandbaby life regardless of what he wants to do

I wouldnt say a word. He said he didnt want it, wanted you to abort it so why bother them. Why stir the pot. When you need to just have him sign off his rights.

2 Likes

No , personally I would not tell them . He is unsupportive so why would you want his family involved ? This is your/ his child that he wants nothing to do with. Who knows how they will react or what they will do. Protect your child .

1 Like

It would be my baby my last name all on me. He told u get rid of it🤷🏻‍♀️

Yes tell his family.

Nothing else matters. They should know.

My mother got pregnant with me after a fling. She seen my real father years later while out with my step father. I wish I would’ve have known who he was. I didn’t find out until two months ago. I’m 38 and missed out on so much. Especially since he passed away A year before my mother. She passed in 09 he passes In 08.

you tell everybody take out an ad in the paper announce your baby shower date to both families name your child moses and get ready because this kid is going to be so special no one will be able to resist him thats her. ps tell the dad ok i passed that test now whats next because my son is going to be so fine he ll end up running half the planet and thats when youll want in there to his life but i will always be the mother who loved him when he was just a baby. and your family will too.tell his family the baby can replace their son and build them an empire

If he told you to get an abortion, he doesn’t want to be part of this child’s life. You should drop him and move on since you do want to have the child.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say anything. That’s his job and his choice to make to tell his family. Not yours.

1 Like

Don’t go over to his family’s house. You’d be doing too much. If you want to carry on and be a mom so be it. But, don’t try to drag anyone else into it. Y’all are both adults. Furthermore, are you even prepared for the potential of further rejection??

1 Like

Obviously he didn’t use protection… He may come around. If not then let them know. Your child deserves to know them.

Drop it don’t go to their house my oldest child’s father did the same I moved on with my life eventually he told his family on his own and they’ve been there for my daughter but he still isn’t and she’s almost 12

Please be sure it is this particular man’s child before doin anything

2 Likes

Drop it…now it would look like you want to force him with this baby when he was clear he doesnt want anything to do with it…raise the baby you will tell the baby who the father was and why he is not available… finish

1 Like

That’s only a decision you can make, not anyone else.

4 Likes

Get an abortion or move down the road alone…anything else is a road through hell…you’re an idiot if you do it aline

2 Likes

Unprotected sex wow!! Get checked eh

1 Like

Go talk to someone and figure out what you want- its a tough situation and he helped get you into it … dont listen to the public. If you decide to have it figure out your rights and do what is right for the child. Sex happens, babies happen … just make sure you do you, dont expect much from the other side but peoples reactions may suprise you - good or bad. This decision - keep or not to keep could haunt you your whole life so listen only to yourself.

2 Likes

I’d wait until the baby is born & get a paternity test. That way you have the proof & avoid any undue stress while pregnant. Be like bam! There it is. Nobody can deny or question.

3 Likes

Get an abortion OR stick by your words and make them legal. You wanna raise the baby by YOURSELF? Then you have NO business talking to his family. At all. Don’t ask for ANY of them to be a part of that babies life that you just HAVE to have. This sounds like entrapment and it is WRONG.

2 Likes

Wait till baby is here and then tell them and that he also said you should abort it. Enclose a picture of the baby, then let them contact you. Meantime file for child support on the Sperm donor (make his life hell). no rubber means he pays. Good Luck.

4 Likes

What guys family who

1 Like

Do what u think you need to do for you and your child it’s ur life your choice don’t let anyone else tell u different

3 Likes

Sounds like you didn’t know this was a fling and now that you’re pregnant you are just saying it was a fling to make yourself feel better about your dumb decision and then wanna be spiteful and tell his family. As if that’s going to make him pay for what you allowed to happen. IMO, have an abortion and move on with your life. Give yourself time to mature before bringing another life into this world.

2 Likes

If A woman has sex with 100 random men in a year, she can still only produce 1 full term pregnancy…If a Guy has sex with 100 random women in a year, he can produce 100 full term pregnancies…
And the world is attempting to only regulate Women’s bodies :thinking:

4 Likes

This sounds selfish and it’s not fair to the child to not have 2 parents around because they had a fling unprotected… if u gonna do this on ya own because u feel u don’t believe in abortion than leave that family out of it and do u smh it’s a life long commitment

1 Like

Either raise it yourself or adopt it out. Me personally if I end up in that situation with the wrong person I’m going to look into transferring fetus adoption so that I don’t have to carry it nor deal with questions.

1 Like

I believe most people were conceived without a plan. Sorry folks are harsh. At some point its ok to let his family know, but don’t expect anything or you might be disappointed.

1 Like

Give the baby up for adoption…the child will suffer and you will use it to extort money from the family.

Just drop it! It was your’s & his “fling” you both didnt use protection, no reason to bring his parents into this mess… So unfair for this child to come into this world now with no father or grandparents because mommy had a f-buddy for a week…Only you can find the right answers for yourself…

First of all this was just a fling, you don’t know what kind of people is his family. I would go through the pregnancy without involving them, in the meantime you can check out what kind of people they are and if you would even consider them being in your baby’s life. And I would make that choice after the child is born.

5 Likes

Same thing for me as well. I told them, it didn’t make a difference as far as them caring about the child… but at least it will be off of you and on them. You won’t live in the “what if” for the rest of your life.

2 Likes

I did no tell nor i force him to pay child support bcuz though we both did the deed I was the only one who wanted a child after it was said and done.

Now my son is 19 and off to college.

I do not like to preach and i respect your choice. Stay blessed

Dont do it… good luck! Congratulations! Babies are awesome! You will be a great mother! You dont need his negative In your life. :slight_smile:

Leave it…unless you want baby daddy drama for the next 18 years…don’t put him on the birth certificate and just raise your baby on your own…best thing I ever did

21 Likes

If he doesn’t want the baby, leave it be. Your unborn child deserves better and what’s best may be to respect his wishes and leave them all out of it. His family may cause drama or force him to step up and then you’ll have to worry about sharing your child with someone who didn’t want them in the first place and may very well treat them that way.
You can do it on your own, I promise. Congratulations, this journey is such a blessing.

I have a friend who whent through the same thing… she raised her daughter on her own until the father showed up when the daughter was 14 yrs old… the drama began there… if he wants nothing to do with baby and you are willing and capable to take care of baby just let him go…

No need to involve them until you have the baby. After you have it then decide. My daughter grew up not knowing her father or his side of the family despite me calling them the night she was born. She made contact with them after becoming an adult but there’s no real relationship there. I think she feels like she missed out not growing up knowing them. When she fills out forms at the doctor asking about family history she has no idea and it makes her sad. But at least I tried. I gave them the option to be involved. It comes down to what’s best for your child. I wish my ex’s family wanted to be involved for her sake.

2 Likes

Depends… Do you want his family to be involved with their unborn family member?
Hard decision to answer.
He clearly doesn’t want the baby and gave you a choice… I don’t believe in abortion either and if someone gave me that choice I would choose my baby but just because he doesn’t want anything to do with the baby doesn’t mean his family will feel the same way about it.
But this choice is only for you to figure out… Prayers for you :pray::pray::pray:

I wouldn’t put him on the birth certificate, but I would let them know. A child can never have too much love. And they may want to be involved, or they may not. I’d make it clear that you expect nothing, and that you just wanted them to know in case they wanted to be apart of the child’s life.

8 Likes

I may have an unpopular opinion on this but if the tables were turned and you wanted an abortion and he didn’t, you would follow through with it and he would lose his baby. So I think if you want to keep it and he doesn’t, don’t involve him in any way shape or form.

1 Like

Unless u want drama leave them out of it! If he doesn’t want ur child then let him be, it’s his loss! Raise ur child up your way!

I wouldn’t tell them if it was just a fling. A relationship where you knew the family well would be different. I would be afraid they would say the baby wasn’t his or something like that and just stress you out during your pregnancy.

2 Likes

Please let the grandparents know , i dont get to see my two granddaughters because of baby momma drama , but i love being a grandma at least see if they want to be grand parents, and if so they can be i volved with the child if not then walk away you have nothing to loose they do .

9 Likes

I would at least give the family a shot to be in the baby’s life. Just because the dad doesn’t want to be around doesn’t mean his family won’t want anything to do with that child.

5 Likes

I was in the same situation with my 14 years old father, I told him, he didn’t care, so I went on with my life, with my son. I didn’t reach out to them and don’t regret anything. My son now has a relationship with them all. Do whatever you feel is right.

1 Like

There’s a lot of unknowns here we don’t know the age of you or your father or if you plan on staying in the area for the grandparents to see the baby I think you should wait till after you have your baby and then decide later

1 Like

To everyone saying don’t tell his family unless you want to deal with him or his family for the next 18 years… well for one it’s for life not just 18 years. A child does not turn 18 and it’s like you can just say okay that’s done like paying off a car. And why is it the guy can just say get an abortion I don’t want anything to do with the child and just walk away. But because she has to carry the child she is the one who has to handle the responsibility of everything involving the child. He gets to have a good time then walk away from the aftermath. This is not okay… And think about the child. My children want to know about there dads and there side. All parties deserve to be involved

2 Likes

If you’re willing to raise the child on your own, and it was just a fling, then I wouldn’t involve the family. Let him do that.

11 Likes

Id want to know that my son had a child out there wether he took part in the life of that child or not. But hed sign rights over before i told them . And be prepared they may want nothing to do with it as well you never know. As you have to think someone raised him to turn out like that.

I have a granddaughter that I Love very much. She is everything to me. My son doesn’t have anything to do with her. I thank God every day her mom gave me the chance to be in her life

So same situation for me I kept the baby and when he was 11 months old I messaged his nana to tell her 5 years later were in regular contact but my sons dad is still not interested so it’s all done behind his back x

your baby has the right to know both sides of family even if the father wants nothing to do with the baby. Have father sign his rights away if he feels like that an give his family a chance to be apart of if they so choose.

1 Like

I’d let the family know. They shouldn’t miss out on knowing the child because the dad wants nothing to do with it.

2 Likes

Just drop it. U said u could do it without him then don’t involve his family as well. Drama central if u do.

1 Like

I’m in the same boat as you, my son is due in May and I know on his fathers side he has an older brother and 2 older sisters. I feel they have a right to know about my son and to be apart of his life Evan if there Father don’t want to.

Tell them but don’t expect anything from them they might be welcoming or they might not but at least give them the opportunity

1 Like

I was in the same position and I didn’t tell them. At the end of the day I’m glad I didn’t.

If you wanna tell them go ahead but they could always go after you for grandparent rights

You know what? I always tell the truth if you’re pregnant, tell them.

I think you should tell them that way that know that got gbby out their if thay are willing to be there for BBY that’s good if not at least thay know and you tried

I think everyone has a right to know their family members. It is up to them to choose whether or not to have them in their lives.

1. Not providing them the info so they can make their own decision is wrong, imo.
  2. Choosing to ignore a family member is their prerogative. Neither of those changes the fact that you are about to add to their family.
    If you withhold that info & they would have wanted to know, there would be a lot of bitterness over what they all missed out on. Good luck in your pregnancy & with your decision.

I dont think it’s your place to tell them. He should.

4 Likes

Most of the time his family will support him. My ex husband’s family turned against me when I left him for abuse and cheating on me. They haven’t seen the kids either at all and had been in there life for 14 years. So I wouldnt tell them. It also depends on what kind of people they are too but like I said most will side with there on family! But if you think it’s the right thing then do it. It honestly wouldnt hurt anything and you would have your anwser.

Send a card or call them. Sometimes people can react negatively and these are literal strangers.

They deserve to know even if he doesnt

Tell then get dna when baby is born

Maybe after the child is born…send a picture to them how to contact you & leave it up to them

I would …call him out thru family

I would tell them when the baby is here

Walk away do it yourself

Let him know, he is financiallyl responsible

No don’t tell them & don’t let that fucktard know either… he’ll be a POS in your life for the next 18 years & cause you nothing but trouble the whole time

Please consider an open adoption to give your child a fighting chance.