Should I use a weighted blanket?

Would using a weighted blanket(no more than 3 to 5lbs) help with twitching and involuntary jerks? My 8 month old picked up what his dad has and that’s sleep twitching and jerking. It often wakes him up and I’ve seen it happen. I was thinking maybe something like a weighted blanket might help the baby sleep. Or at least not completely wake himself up everytime it happens. If that’s not allowed what ideas would you recommend? He does not like swaddling and refuses to sleep any other way than on his stomach. I will be talking to his doctor about it at the next visit.

2 Likes

I’d talk to his doctor first

They have weighted sleep sacks safe for babies! They aren’t cheap but are worth it! We were advised by our pediatrician to see about using one at 6 months old, because our little one has severe muscle spasms at night. Definitely clear it with your Pediatrician first! If you are cleared, get the sac, not the actual blanket. Also they weigh very little, but it’s enough for a baby.

You should probably talk to your baby’s pediatrician first. If your babies Dr appt. isn’t for awhile you can always call ask a nurse. They will answer any & all questions & concerns that you have. Praying for your baby.

I think its too heavy for that age depending on his weight

You can only do a Max of 10% of their body weight for weighted blankets

1 Like