Should I worry about my childs lip tie?

My son has a lip tie he is 13 months old is this something I should be worried about? I didn’t notice until someone pointed it out…

1 Like

If you’re just now noticing it I highly doubt it will affect him usually babies with severe lip ties have trouble nursing or bottle feeding

1 Like

My son had one that we just found out about at 20 months at his first dentist appointment they referred us to a pediatric dentistry that does a laser procedure to clip it. I think you can also see an ENT for it. When we went to have his procedure we found out he also had a tongue tie so it’s worth seeing someone to get it checked. They did the procedure on both and he’s recovering well.

2 Likes

It can cause problems with dental later on. I had my daughter’s lip tie taken care of unfortunately she wasn’t young enough to do it in office so they had to do it in an OR. Truly it was like a 15-minute process yes she did have to be put under and she was eating french fries and chicken nuggets with him 3 hours. It didn’t affect her one bit having it taken care of but it can cause issues for dental later on in life. The only thing that I can say negative about the whole entire experience is that she had a string of skin that she messed with until it finally fell off it was kind of annoying to watch LOL

1 Like

My son is 2 and gets his laser surgery to snip it next week :slightly_smiling_face:

I feel like your doctor would’ve told you by now if it was a concern

1 Like

My daughter was lip tied when she was born it hurt to nurse but bottles she was fine with. She was 9 days old when they clipped it .

Omg no!! Ppl really need to stop making things a big deal. If it was of concern ur doctor would have said something to u

2 Likes

I have a lip and tongue tie and my parents never did anything. 26 years later and I’m fine

Not a great picture is this a lip tie ?

There is nothing wrong with a little tooth gap!!! It is genetic! Ppl need to leave their poor kiddos alone

1 Like

Im 22 still suffering from my ties. It causes more than just speech, eating and dental issues. Please seek out a pediatric dentist to have it assessed. Pediatricians are not knowledgeable in assessing ties.

My son had the tongue and he outgrew it

Usually a dentist can tell you. But would say if it hasnt caused other issues, he will be fine.

My son was 3 when he had his done. And it was because it was causing problems with his teeth. I would take your child to a dentist and get their opinion.