Should my husband be taking out the trash?

I need someone elses perspective…i clean the house, cook dinner almost 90% of the time and all i ask is that my husband takes out the trash and takes it to the curb on trash day and he throws a fit about it…am i wrong to ask him to do this?

37 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Should my husband be taking out the trash?

Pfft wow uh shoot he would be doing a lot more than that or he would be gone, I am not a maid for a man child. House chores should be done by both especially if both working. I would hv a lil chat with him n let him know he needs to step up or step out. I wouldn’t deal with that especially complaining about taking out the garage like really?? :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

20 Likes

Throw a fit when he asks for dinner every day :woman_shrugging: maybe he’ll realize how stupid he’s reacting

16 Likes

My boyfriend does more than that and he doesn’t even live here

15 Likes

Yea I’d throw the whole man out. You probably got married to have a life partner, not a man child. I hate the whole thing of throwing a fit or weaponized incompetence that lazy partners use against their spouses. It’s not fair and it’s definitely not sexy. I suggest having a talk with him and if he isn’t willing to talk like an adult start treating him how he treats you. Stop doing things that only benefit him like his laundry.

11 Likes

Maybe ask if he would rather do dishes? Or do laundry? Vacuum? Dust? Yardwork? Swiffer? Cook? Shop? I mean, heck, there’s lots to pick from…that you’re doing…

9 Likes

You shouldn’t have to ask at all period he reminds me of my toddler for some reason …

7 Likes

Sounds like my teenager :joy::joy:. But cmon chose your battles. Is really worth getting upset about? Is really worth fighting about it? Ask yourself this cause tomorrow is never promised what you going to do when he’s gone? Just let the garbage pile up cause nobody going to take it out? Probably not so stop sweating the small stuff seriously. Ask him to do something else around the house if you know he doesn’t like taking the garbage out and down to the curb.

6 Likes

That is His duty! Period!

4 Likes

Sounds like you’re married to a child. There’s no reason he can’t do one simple task if you’re doing everything else.

5 Likes

Every able bodied person, adults and children, should be contributing to the upkeep of a household. If he lived alone-would he just leave the garbage there to rot?

2 Likes

It makes me so sick seeing “grown men” act like children! Surrounded by them I swear! :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Ask him if he rather clean the whole house or cook dinner.

3 Likes

Nope. He’s perfectly capable of doing more than bringing gome a paycheck. Marriage is a partnership. 90/10 is not a partnership. Hubby needs to buck up.

3 Likes

Heck no! That’s not asking for much at all. He should be thankful that’s all you ask for. I ask my boyfriend to do a lot more than that.

2 Likes

My hubby or son always take the garbage out… i sometimes help with the recycling and green bin stuff but garbage has always been the boys job

3 Likes

Are you home every day? Too many questions. I’m pretty sure if I chose not to work. I’d take care of the stuff at home.

1 Like

Probably, he’s feeling he’s the head of the house lol… he should be able to do that anyways. You ain’t asking for too much.

What is his problem? Yes, he should.

2 Likes

Uhmmmmmm no. My husband and I both work 35 hours a week and split the chores pretty evenly as it should be. I never had to delegate anything either. Since day 1 of us moving in, we just fell into our roles. :woman_shrugging:t2:
We are also constantly “kudosing” each other because we know we make a great team. I don’t understand men that let their women “do it all”.

10 Likes

Write out chores and talk about it, do you both work? Chores should be divided depending on job and how many hours worked. Marriage is a partnership. 100/100 work together

1 Like

Nope he is wrong. He lives there, he eats there, he sleeps there.

5 Likes