Should we allow our kids to play with kids of a different faith?

Pretty sure Christian’s aren’t supposed to judge. Let your kids be kids. Let them play with their friends. I can’t believe this is an actual question :woman_facepalming:t3:

4 Likes

Well while your words scream "I’m a Christian "…your actions SCREAM HYPOCRITE! What would Jesus Do?

7 Likes

Lol you’re Christian but half your “traditions” are pagan based. Cease with the holier than thou attitude. You’re a sinner who has no right to cast stones

4 Likes

Do yourself a favor and let your children be their friends…. You might learn something yourself. To each their own and the Lord says to “love like a child” & “Love thy neighbor” …. You never know what blessings you may be blocking for those other children, even yourself by hindering yours from possibly speaking the word to them…. God will find his place in everyone’s life… however he seems fit. Food for thought!

1 Like

Yes, we teach our kids to LOVE EVERYBODY!!

1 Like

Oh shit, let the fun begin… 

2 Likes

What worries me about this is do you genuinely think your children will never meet or come across anyone different
Or the Internet?
If you care so much about keeping your kids faith strong then you need to explain that the world is full of different beliefs and it’s the faith in your belief that’s all that matters
But you kind of blur the lines of reaching them your beliefs and hiding everything else from them so they can’t make their own informed choices :confused:

3 Likes

The best for your children is to learn to respect and love everyone regardless of their faith. Are your children talking about their God much? If so, why? Children should just be children and play with whoever they like.

1 Like

What is a Pagan? Just wondering …I xan google it because I don’t know but this is a crazy question…you asked it respectfully but dig deep into your self for the answer. If you thought your kids some thing then trust they learned it. That’s like saying your kids xant play with black kids because they will come home black… smh

The first and upmost thing every religion teaches is ‘love thy neighbour’… your ‘situation’ is not a situation, it’s called racism

2 Likes

As a Christian, I’d say practice what you preach. God says to love others. He is the judge.

1 Like

They are going to be surrounded in life by all faiths. Christians should accept and love all. Teach them now. Jesus preached and accepted all. Learn from our Savior

1 Like

I have no idea what Pagan means!!!

Only god can judge. Don’t judge someone cus they’re different religion

1 Like

I swear, I hope this is a joke. It is 2022 and sadly what is wrong with most ‘Christian’s’

2 Likes

Yes allow them the opportunity to explore faith and decide what’s a best fit for them.

2 Likes

Ask them what their faith is. Pagans could be a motorcycle gang. Which is bad news also .

1 Like

Why judge other people you acting like you better than everyone else, to me you are not a Christian only pretending to be by the sounds of it

I don’t think this post went the same way the OP thought it would go.

3 Likes

I left my children mingle with other kids and the streets eventually got mine

How about not being so prejudiced, controlling and stopping indoctrinating your children.

Hmmmm really? Are you going to start home schooling then because I’m sure there is more then one faith at school if they are school aged? Kids should be allowed to be kids without starting to put labels on them, we are a multicultural community these days- everyone should be treated equal. If your going to be that closed minded I probably wouldn’t actually want my children playing with your children.

Amd this is what is wrong with many that call themselves christians…condescending, judgemental, want to preach the bible but not live it. Organized religion is a joke when I see crap like this… already teaching kids to be scared of and hate others for not being like them. Absolutely disgusting

2 Likes

Christians are supposed to love their neighbor and not judge one another. This is coming off as awfully judgy. Let the kids be kids and play with their friends.

3 Likes

Thats just as bad as saying you don’t want your kid playing with kids of different races.

If you swap out the words “faith” and race, DO YOU STILL NOT SEE AN ISSUE HERE??? If not then YOU ARE THE PROBLEM!

2 Likes

Wouldn’t you want them to be able to make an informed decision about which faith they’d like to follow? But then again this whole post is very on brand for Christians .Skydaddy would not approve of your un-christian like behavior :rofl:

1 Like

You started bashing as soon as you started typing. Get real!!! Kids will play with whoever they have a connection with. Dont brainwash them into thinking that other religions are “different”

Oh my, if you shelter your kids like that they’re going to have a hard time adjusting to life… you cannot possibly believe you can control every other person they come into contact with. What kind of Christian faith doesn’t allow others to believe what they want to believe in? What makes you think people of your religious views won’t hurt your kids? Hog wash …

What’s best for your kiddos, is to give them up for adoption :woman_facepalming:t2:

5 Likes

As much as you want your children to identify as “christians” you can only be sure to raise them based on your values. However you cannot make them believe what you do. Not allowing them to o play with other kids based on their parents beliefs in honestly gross and doesn’t speak as if it were coming from a “true Christian”

2 Likes

What’s best for your kiddos and your faith is to stop judging other people and their children just because they don’t conform to your beliefs. You’re teaching your children to hate on people who are different from them by restricting who they associate with due to things that are literally none of your business or concern. God wouldn’t be OK with that kind of behaviour. Are you supposed to love thy neighbor ?

1 Like

Sounds like you’re insecure over your own religion. If you think a few pagan kids will convert your children, you have some deep soul searching to do

4 Likes

Your child is going to meet tons of people who aren’t of Christian faith. Let it go, and move on. Nobody normal talks about religion at a play date.

2 Likes

All I’m gonna say is… organized religion is the root of ALL evil. Can’t people just be viewed as people? Be friends without imposing bs beliefs on another?? Practice what you preach… not preach what you practice!! Blessed be… or stay blessed or peace out… or whatever anyone uses to wish well on EVERYONE

4 Likes

As someone who grew up being that kid, yes, let them… there are so many different cultures and religions out there… you can’t hide them…

5 Likes

Actually what you’re saying is, you want to indoctrinate your children to believe that Christianity is the correct religion to follow and that any other religion is beneath them…
I swear, these new age Christians aren’t Christian at all. They need to come up with a new name.

6 Likes

Be like Jesus… you are judging strangers. Teach your kids to be kind and loving to everyone as God instructed. :thinking: I’m really confused by your post

4 Likes

Maybe you shouldn’t live in America where we have freedom of religion. Your poor kids

1 Like

Join a Christian families group and ask them, you’ll get some sound advice there.

1 Like

If they try to explain their beliefs to your children, tell your children how and why you believe what you do. As they get older they are going to form their own opinions anyway and you can give then a strong base about your beliefs. And denying your children to play with the neighbors because of religious differences is only a start of teaching them to be exclusive and possibly racist.

5 Likes

Unfortunately, this is how hate and I believe the word is prejudice happens. You are teaching your kids that others are not good enough to play with them. That their beliefs are not valid. Discussion is a good thing for one and for 2 they may not turn out Christian anyway (based on my experience that might not be bad, but that’s my opinion). My husband grew up baptist and is now “pagan” he believes in the Norse. I grew up “Christian” meaning Mormon, Baptist, and a couple others and I am now simply, I believe there is something out there but I dont believe in any gods per say. So maybe don’t be so… idk just let your kids be kids. They will go wherever they are gonna go whether you do or not

3 Likes

Unbelievable let uo kiddos be kiddos

1 Like

They should be allowed to play. Kids are going be playing way more than talking about religion I would think sure it may get brought up but sooner or later they are gonna realize how many different religions are out there. Let them play and love everyone

1 Like

I’m srry but thts stupid a christen should love all religions.just bc someone is a different religion dnt mean u should stop ur kids playing with kids thts from different backgrounds what do y’all do when they go to school

And it’s parents like you why children learn to hate so early on in life. Go ask Sky daddy what you should do :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

That’s it! This is the post of the day!!!:sweat_smile::joy::joy:

1 Like

Jesus did not say to not befriend people because of their religious choices. It’s God’s job to judge people not mine so just because someone lives different from me or follows things I don’t agree with doesn’t mean I’m not going to be a friend. God says love thy neighbor not pick and choose which neighbor to love

6 Likes

Now thus is how racist started :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I thought Christian’s where supposed to accept people no matter what.

2 Likes

You are what’s wrong with this world.

2 Likes

My christian ethics and morals make place for everyone regardless of race, religion or sexual orientation…

1 Like

As a Pagan, knowing that someone is “pagan” gives zero clear insight into what they actually believe aside the fact that it’s not organized religion. Pagans aren’t like Christian’s in the sense that we all believe in the same thing. For example, some worship the Norse or Greek gods, some worship the earth, some worship a specific god/goddess, there’s several kind of freelance ideas, which is where I kind of fit in. I believe the concept of “god” is vastly under valued. I believe in God, just like you do, and I believe everyone for the most part in any religion, worship that same god. I believe religion is just different man’s interpretations of the same god. I don’t follow a specific scripture. At the end of the day, we know right from wrong, that was instilled in us. And as for your kiddos, I think it’s extremely important to teach them how to be respectful and accepting of others despite different beliefs. I think that’s a lesson you yourself may need right now.

1 Like

I doubt the kids will be discussing religion. They’ll be playing.

2 Likes

My family and I are Jewish. Other neighbor kids of different religions come to play all the time. My kids need to know that there are other religions and beliefs out there and that we respect that. We don’t keep them away, we allow questions and encourage other kids to ask us to orations, too. We haven’t come across any rude questions or comments. We keep kosher and don’t accept snacks or treats from friends, but once they understand why they think it’s kinda cool :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Absolutely, they can decide their choices, just as the neighborhood families. Love not hate lady

4 Likes

Your kids will have exposure to other religions as they grow up in life that will happen no matter what, it’s your job to teach them to respect other people and their beliefs not shelter them. Let the children be children.

1 Like

Well… that’s not very christian-like now is it?

7 Likes

You are what’s wrong with society!! Who are you to judge?
More importantly who are you to persuade your kids to dislike someone because they’re not the “same” as you!
Lady you’re disgusting :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

This post YOU wrote you need to reread!! This is not a Christian post!!! You have got to be kidding me… :pray::pray::pray: for you and for your kids! FYI let kids be kids and let them play! You need to STOP judging

2 Likes

Hmm, tread lightly but maybe as long as they (your children) know the Truth and have boundaries, it may be a wonderful opportunity to share the Gospel :slightly_smiling_face::pray:t3:

5 Likes

… are you going to stop them from talking to other kids at school ? What’s going to happen if they reject the faith you’ve brought them up in when they’re older and can think for themselves ?
Do you stop them from playing with other races aswell ? Let kids think for themselves and learn about other religions and why different cultures believe in different gods or no gods. I was brought up in a Christian house, it was so suffocating. I’m now 30 and follow Norse.
Let your kids be kids without drowning them in YOUR belief

2 Likes

I hope those pagans have enough sense to not let their children play with yours. Wouldn’t want their kids getting hurt with your hatred disguised as Christianity.

9 Likes

I think that that thinking in this way, is the only thing that will truly hurt your children.

9 Likes

Your kids might just get a history lesson! It’s never wrong to love and respect others faiths. Judge not before you judge yourself.

Don’t force religion on your kids. Every single human being is entitled to their own views, your children included.
I have one kid that wholeheartedly believes in God and goes to church every Sunday & a youth program on thursdays. I have another that doesn’t. He doesn’t buy into it. That’s fine. He’s his own person and deserves to be able to be himself.
My husband more so associates himself with Norse Pagan practices.
I take a little bit of something from every religion I’ve thus far researched and have my own little religious soup basically.

Teach your kids that not everyone believes the same things. And don’t be so quick to judge. Most pagans, will be the first ones to have your back in almost any situation

5 Likes

You are NOT a Christian. You are a bigot

6 Likes

I am glad I don’t live next to you .

4 Likes

I’m sorry but I can’t take this question seriously. Please, if you truly believe yourself to be a Christian, open your eyes, mind, and heart. There is a great big amazing world out there. Your children deserve to learn about other lives and beliefs.

37 Likes

No offense, but the very definition of Christianity is acceptance and tolerance. You are not acting very Christian if you are behaving this way.

4 Likes

Maybe try to break a generational curse by allowing them to be open to at least educating themselves with other things to make them more well rounded. Regardless, they will figure out what faith they want to follow later on in life and it’s best they don’t resent you for hiding things from them. Let them learn. Hell, educate yourselves WITH them! You’ll learn your Christian faith actually derives itself from mixed pagan beliefs!! And I’m NOT just saying that. Please do your research.

2 Likes

When they become adults , don’t you want them to be able to go out in the world with people of all faiths. You can not keep them locked up away from the world…whatever you do do not make your neighbors kids feel bad or less thank Remember we are to be like Christ

1 Like

Not very Christian of you.

2 Likes

How Christian of you! I bet you won’t let them play with kids of a different color also :woman_facepalming:

6 Likes

I really, really hope this fan sees this post, with all of the reacts and comments in its glory :joy:

1 Like

That’s a horrible thought. No matter the religion God would be disappointed even Jesus preaches love and acceptance

1 Like

Are you sure you’re a Christian? How are you gonna judge a family based on their religion. I wouldn’t want your children playing with mine anyway.

2 Likes

I would think that they feel the same about your values. I don’t preach to anyone’s kids as I am sure you wouldn’t to thiers…

I understand what you’re trying to say by this post, I’m sorry you’re getting attacked by a lot of people. However, if they’re raised in a Christian household and you teach them to be strong in their faith, it will be okay. You should teach them to love everyone, be friends with everyone. Also it’s GOOD for them to LEARN about other religions, for several reasons. But with that being said, the chances that this other family is going to PUSH their beliefs on your child is slim. :blue_heart:

4 Likes

You have got to be kidding me :rage:

If you are Christian you should not judge your neighbor or anyone else for that matter if that is how you chose to raise your children then so be it but don’t punish your children and limit and judge their friends only on religious beliefs. That’s not very Christan of you! How about instead explain to your children there are other religions out there and Christianity is yalls and how NOT to judge anyone else’s.

I think kids are kids and should be taught to live life amongst others different from them and not judge.

1 Like

Yikes. You DO realize that this is the perfect time to actually ACT like a Christian… don’t you?

1 Like

I don’t think religion is why you don’t like your neighbors…
Honestly why do religious people judge and act like their shit don’t stink

Absolutely let your children experience all religions. Kind of sad you think they would hurt your children. I am pagan and would never hurt anyone’s children! Do you know what paganism is? Being as how we don’t believe in any one religion, you shouldn’t worry about other ideologies being talked about. I mean I definitely don’t talk about religion with anyone else’s children. Do you discuss Christianity with other people children?

Lol this is a joke right? Let kids be kids

If your children are well founded in God…pray over them and let them have their friends…they may be what these other children need in their lives…trust God

2 Likes

Ground them in God but don’t “shelter” them from people who have a different way of thinking. Love thy neighbor yo

Are you seriously asking this there kids

Jesus said love thy neighbor. This means everyone.

He did not say only love the neighbors that share your values.

Excluding people because they believe and look differently than you is why there is so much hate in the world.

8 Likes

I’m not trying to bash you but this question is asking for trouble. Christians are called to love everyone. No matter what. No matter who. Race, sexuality, religion, no matter if we feel their sins are bigger than ours (and yes you sin too. We all do, and thankfully we have a savior who died for them) buuuut we are not called to judge anyone. As Christians it’s our duty to bring the word to those who need it. So why would you want to avoid them. Why not let your kids be a positive influence if you think that’s what they need? Just love people. Everyone. Just love them and pray for them like I am for you. :heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

Let these kids be kids! This is absolutely ridiculous.

You must be kidding. Let them play.

2 Likes

Sarah Bevan grosssssss :face_vomiting:

This is the time you get to explain what, why, and how come! You got this Mama! I always believe in doing what’s best for you and your family! Kay Anderson hays explained it beautifully!! Pray on it!!

1 Like

If you were like this, Idk if I’d want my children to be around you. Idk if they’d be safe to be themselves around you. And that’s sad for everyone’s kids.

4 Likes

You’re clearly not strong in your faith if you believe this and I’m not even fully Christian lmao. You need to know where you stand with your religion fully. And if you stand committed then no outside “influence” can shake that.

Nothing wrong with wanting your kids to be taught what you want but they might mis sout on some valuable social skills. Maybe let them play but keep a close eye on them and listen to them. Dont listen to people on here your kids your choice

As Christians, it’s not our place to judge but to love. Jesus shows us throughout the Bible the inclusivity of his love, and that’s how our practice of Christianity should be. Jesus chose to spend his time with all different types of people (Luke 19:1-10). He didn’t shut himself off from those who did not believe he was the Son of God and neither should we.

4 Likes

It is your job to protect your children no matter the cost.

1 Like