Should we switch to a toddler bed or a twin bed?

My toddler is about to switch to a bug kid bed and i am struggling between the toddler bed or just going right to a twin bed…pros and cons?

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Should we switch to a toddler bed or a twin bed?

Twin or full now. You’ll have to eventually save they.extra money

We are going from crib to full and purchasing decent mattresses and waterproof covers. Hopefully the only one we will need to buy.

We put mattress on the floor for a few months first got them used to it .

How much money do U wanna waste is the question love. Go king single, or single bed with Trundle for sleepovers or what not. Bunks are not a safe option and bed time and play time should not be placed in the same category as U want them settled and ready for sleep when bed time. Not bouncing off the walls the next 8hrs mucking around in their bed/playcentre. My son has a toddler bed but it’s larger then toddler bed but I’m in Australia also so not sure and he loves it. Straight from cot, to one rail off to convert to toddler bed and then straight into a single/toddler bed after that and not a single issue. If your stressed about it they gonna pick up on it straight away. Make it seem like it’s just another day eating breakfast drama free lolz dont go on and on about it or make a big deal I didn’t. I said to my son look bubba got a new bed and it’s a big boys bed :grin: cause your getting so big now I had to get U a big boy bed cause you not little baby anymore so U sleep like the other big boys and girls in your own big boy bed. Straight in no rails and 2yrs later still loving it like it’s the first day

we started with a toddler bed. it was fairly cheap got the frame and mattress from walmart in the baby aisle. its been about 3 years now and he’s about ready for a full size bed.
We started with toddler beds because they are closer to the floor just in case he rolled out of bed while sleep and you can find ones that comes with built in railing railings. It was also easier for him to get in and out of his bed without help.

We had a toddler bed in our room & a twin in her room. she’s still never slept in her room & she will be 5. She just sleeps with me :woman_facepalming:t2:

Big kid bed, skip the toddler bed
Toddler beds are just a waste of money, only used a short while, AND then you need to transition them AGAIN to the big kid bed

I just got paid $7623 working off my laptop this month. And if you think that’s cool, my divorced friend has twin toddlers and made over $ 12069 her first month. It feels so good making so much money when other people have to work for so much less.

This is what I do… https://NethomeJobs11.pages.dev/

I went straight to a twin with my oldest, didn’t see the point in spending the money on another bed he’d only use for a couple years before needing another new one. My youngest has a full in his room for when he’s out of our bed.

I just got paid $7623 working off my laptop this month. And if you think that’s cool, my divorced friend has twin toddlers and made over $ 12069 her first month. It feels so good making so much money when other people have to work for so much less.

This is what I do… https://NethomeJobs39.pages.dev/

Skip the toddler bed… I only used one for a little bit for one child then ended up buying a single bed within months. I find toddler beds a silly size for sheets and quilts to much over hang of using single stuff. You might aswell purchase single sheets, protectors and quilts of a single size and buy a single bed.

my son started jumping out his cot so we have just taken the side off (as the order takes weeks to come in) before he hurts himself, an we just brought a bed rail for it (which he will use also with the single bed.)

If your crib converts do that. Then a twin

This is what I do… https://NethomeJobs54.pages.dev/

Go with a full of it fits in the room. I still lay with my daughter till she’s asleep. She’s 3. Did it with my older one in a twin and it was awful and tiny! Full I actually fit on the bed without a leg or butt cheek hanging off lol kids also tend to toss around so less likely they will fall off the bed in the middle of the night

I’ve always gone from crib to twin. Imo toddler beds are a waste of money. It’s just 1 more thing you have to change/buy later. If you’re concerned about him falling out of bed you can put the mattress & box springs on the floor with no frame so it’s a lower fall. Put the crib mattress on the floor so he has a cushion to fall onto. Or get rails.

1 Like

My first was crib toddler bed my 2nd was crib Toddler bed because 3rd came had use crib for third one the 2nd was 15 months old for twin bed my 3rd was in twin bed by 6 because toddler bed got broke by middle sister other wise still was small enough to fit in toddler bed youngest was 6 for twin got bunks share a room and small room

Full bed. It’ll end up saving you money in the long run and you can snuggle with them if needed.

Pro: toddler beds are cuter because you can get a theme bed. You know like a race car or something like that. Con: they’re smaller and you’re going to need a new one soon rather than later. I got one for my firstborn and for my second I just got a regular twin with a railing on the side so she wouldn’t fall out of bed in the middle of the night

I would do a full
When we switched we put it on the floor montisorie style and it has worked great

We switched to a toddler bed and now our 3 year old makes us sleep on the floor with him. We should have just gotten a twin…

We did a toddler bed first just because we already had the mattress from the crib and got a good deal on a cute paw patrol frame that was on the floor… just to get him used to not having the rails there when he rolls around at night. But honestly he only lasted in that for a little bit and the toddler bed soon became not enough space for him to stretch out the way he likes… we got twin bed now and love it. He sleeps better with more space to move around. And it makes him feel like a big boy.

You can get a toddler bed that converts to a full bed for when the child is older.

I would skip the toddler bed though and get a twin bed with a side rail.

We went straight to queen and they both still have thiers at 13… No matter what you decide to do, invest in a GOOD mattress cover, it will last forever!

We went from a crib to a full-size bed and got a mesh railing