Should we wait to move or move now?

If its affecting your marriage, move.

You need to work out what’s more important your relationship with your husband or money?

So, yall stressed living with in-laws…but gonna move out and be stressed financially living on yall own?!

Living with Inlaws, was the worse thing I ever did, Id never in my life live with any of them again… So I didn’t just move houses.
I moved countries, back to my own (New Zealand) :grin:

Better to be happy and financialy poor than vice versa…

1 Like

That’s a difficulty position to be in. But if you have been living like this, this long be positive for each other knowing the end is in sight. Make a plan, have a goal. It’s better to run into something rather than run away from something. If possible don’t run out with your hair on fire. Go with a smile on your face and heart

At one time I worked a full time job AND 5 part time jobs to stay independent. My Mother babysit so I had cheaper sitting services than most. Was it worth it? Yes. Were there regrets? Yes. I gave up a lot of time with my daughter to provide for her in the manner needed but it did give us a closer relationship. Point is, MOVE and make it work.

1 Like

You’ve been there for 2.5 years, what’s a few more months to save up and be financially secure and to find a decent place to live?? Clearly your income over the last few years hasn’t been enough to save up towards a place. Maybe your husband needs to get a better job also before you move out.

I’d put my mental health (and marriage) ahead of financial stability any day!

2 Likes

To SAVE your marriage - MOVE.

There’s no point in rushing and getting yourself back in the same position you are. Wait a few months, save more look into different areas and find a fit if you rush and it’s not right, to expensive, needs unexpected works you’ll get behind in bills and possibly lose your place putting you right back where you started but the second time it happens it’ll be worse and then it’ll be a real struggle.

Do it now. I have been there but I had two kids under 3. We stayed and we shouldn’t have. It almost broke my marriage. My husband went through a horrible depression and almost took his life. Don’t wait.

Compromise! Im in a similar situation where id rather be tight too and be out on our own,but he is similar to you.we compromised halfway

Move out even if y’all have to tightly budget things. I moved out of my in laws ASAP when I found out I was pregnant. Couldn’t stand it there at all and I know if I would’ve stayed out relationship would’ve ended.

Following. I am in the same boat

If you are both working then I suggest ASAP but if it’s just you working then I’d suggest waiting.