Should you have your spouses passcode?

I think it’s something each couple should talk about and see if they’re on the same page.

I have a code and so does my husband and we have each others codes

1 Like

We have eachother’s. No drama.

1 Like

We have each other codes not to go thru but in case he needs to use my phone or unlock it for the kids there are no secrets also you should have his cold I saw on tiktok this woman is able to get into her husband’s phone he died and she wants the photos and he bought tickets to do something with her daughter and she can’t access it

1 Like

I thought about this a lot. If something happens to me, I would want him to be able to access my phone and such.

We had some trust issues early in our relationship. They have been resolved but we both have the same passcode. Depends on the couple and why? Has their been issues in the past?

1 Like

My husband and I have passcode but to keep our kids off our phones. He can go through my phone and I’m able to go through his if we want to. I know all of his passwords also because he can’t for the life of him remember his passwords so I have a folder for his usernames and passwords as well as mine. He doesn’t know my passwords but that’s because he can’t remember then. But there is no right or wrong answer if my husband started hiding his phone and broke my trust then we would have a problem

We both have codes… they are the same… we can go into each other’s phone… I mean not bc we don’t trust each other just bc we something need to use the others phone or it’s just convenient

1 Like

My boyfriend and I both know each other’s passwords , we go on each other’s phones all the time. Not to snoop but just to use.(I miss place my phone all the time). We exchanged passwords probably around 6 months of dating. Now it’s been 5 yrs

Either you trust or you don’t. I never check my husbands phone. However we both have locks on our phones … have to with work related stuff… we know each others but never sneak on eachother because we have trust.

We have access to one anothers phone but we don’t go through them. Once you start snooping into someone else’s privacy you just need to hang the whole relationship up.

I have never looked at my husband’s phone unless someone’s calling and he’s like hey can you grab that and vice versa. I have never felt the urge to snoop in his phone. I think a lot of it is built on trust. I trust him and I believe he trusts me.

Our passcodes match so we never forget each others. we don’t snoop though. It’s for convenience like driving, and peace of mind that we could snoop if we felt it was needed. We don’t though lol.

We have passcodes but we know each others codes. If we need to make a phone call or send a text we grab the closest phone. Doesn’t matter if it’s mine or his.

My honest opinion is that if you have nothing to hide it’s OK to have a passcode that is given back-and-forth. A passcode is to keep people that you don’t know and trust out of your phone. If you trust each other then they should have your passcode and you should have theirs

He’s going to read something about himself he doesn’t like,

i got a code on mine cause my kids would grt in it if i didn cause they dont know how to keep there hand off my shit. …my husband has one on his cause he kept pocket dialing ppl at work with his phone in his pocket lol we both know the code…even before we were married we knew each others. idt it really matters as long as they give access when u ask. if not id atart asking questions

My fiancé and I know each other’s passcodes but we will also use each other’s phones.

1 Like

My face unlocks his phone

2 Likes

We both have codes, and we both have access to each other’s phones at any point. He has my finger print saved so I can open it as well. For us it’s not to snoop I trust my husband and vice versa. For me it’s to have access to things should anything happen.
I saw a TikTok of a woman whose husband died unexpectedly and she isn’t able to access her husbands phone for pictures because she doesn’t know his passcodes and the provider they use can’t do it with out resetting the phone which would lose everything. So, we have access to everything of each other’s. He already knows I talk shit about him to my friends because I tell him.

Everything should be completely transparent if the two can’t act as one , as a unit , well that says enough to me . But everyone feels very differently when it comes to these things . It’s always best to try to be with someone you can always have common ground and understanding with , completely open otherwise to me what’s the point

My boyfriend knows mine and I know his. We both feel like we have nothing to hide.

My husband has mine. I have his.
I still respect his right to privacy and dont take advantage of the fact that i know his password and vice versa.

Hears my take. If I’m to the point of thinking I should go threw your phone and see whats going on the trust is already not there and why date or marry someone you can’t trust? I’m not going threw anyone’s phone if I can’t trust you you can leave.

3 Likes

My partner and I both have codes. I have his and he has mine but we don’t check eachothers phones. We just both know that our phones are open for whatever reason.

I dont see any problem with it. Just shows that you both have nothing to hide.

2 Likes

So your asking if trust should change just because you get engaged or married? Nope.
Shouldn’t get married if you think it’ll change things, like give you more authority over them… that’s ridiculous.
I don’t have a pass code and he openly enters his so if I need to know it but idgaf so I’ve never memorized it :rofl:

My husband and I don’t keep our codes a secret from each other. His locked screen has my phone number on it for emergencies.

My husband has my passcode, I have his. We could look at each other’s phones but we have no reason to because we trust each other. Really that’s all it is is Trust. Either you have it or you don’t. He had no problem telling me his passcode or me telling him mine. We do have passcodes because I’ve had mine stolen twice. He doesn’t want kids on his phone neither do I. So passcodes are necessary. But I can understand if he was to say no I can’t have his passcode. He’s a grown man. Doesn’t want his phone gone through, I’m not his mamma I’m his Wife. But we trust each other. Its all about Trust.

I know my husbands and he knows mine but we don’t go through each other’s phones, it’s mostly if we need help and can’t do something ourselves we will do it for the other.

Personally I think it is a dumb argument thst far to many people have. If you love them enough to marry them then you should trust them and not need it on the flip side if no one is hiding anything what difference does it make. To truly love one another u need trust.

We have known each others since being together . Nothing to hide so I don’t see why it matters if they know your pass code?

My hubby and I have our phones locked for work purposes only. We each know our passwords to everything. No secrets nothing to hide.

My boyfriend and I have been together 11 years, we know each others passcodes, passwords etc. Neither of us looks at one another’s things, but it’s helpful to have that information in an emergency/if something happens.

My husband and I have shared lock codes since we started dating. His fingerprint unlocks my phone too. Lol. I use his phone he uses my phone. We really only have locks because of my 6 year old. There are lots of things she does not need to see. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

We have each others pw to the phones.

My partner and I both have codes. But he has Face ID access to my phone and I have access to his as we use whatever phone is closest for a call, google search ect

If i need to babysit and check up on my significant other whats the point of being with them? If you don’t have trust, you don’t have anything.

4 Likes

I mean me and my husband have each other but we don’t go through each other’s phone at all. Sometimes I go on there and mess around with him by showing him a friend of his and being like “Ugh, who’s MATT? :roll_eyes::rofl: if anything the only reason we’d be on each other’s phones is if we ask the other to check it or whatever.

1 Like

Neither my husband or I have passcodes- our phones are open books that neither of us open. It’s all about trust, if you don’t have enough trust to not feel the need to check… why are you together? (not you- the generalized you). Like I told my husband- the second that I feel the need to check his phone, we are done because one of 2 things is a fact…either my suspicion is dead on and I obviously would be done- or I’m way off base and I obviously have trust issues in which case he has every reason to be done with me…

Why have a lock unless you want to hide something

I saw a video of a woman trying to get the phone company to unlock her dead husbands phone so she could get into it and see pictures and whatnot. Even with the death certificate they told her no unless she knew the password to his email. I think knowing them can be important. Just because you know them doesn’t mean you will go through all of their things. I set up my husbands email, phone etc. so I know all passwords but he knows mine too. We don’t go through each others phones, but we also have nothing to hide.

2 Likes

My hubby and I have been together going on 11 years. We know each other’s passwords. However very rarely do we ever go through each other’s phones unless we’re looking for something or one of us said too!

We know each other’s codes, but it’s not to go through each other’s phone. That don’t even cross our minds. We use the codes to use the device. I am the world’s worst at losing my phone. I have to use his to find mine weekly🤦🏼‍♀️

1 Like

My bf doesn’t keep a code on his lol i do only because my kids have accidentally called ppl while playing with my phone…he knows my code and he can go through my phone whenever…but we don’t i trust him he trusts me

1 Like

We don’t have codes.

My phone has no lock. My husband has a passcode that his kids told me early on in our relationship.
Neither of us feel any need to check up on each other, so it’s a moot point to me.

My partner and I have the same code set in our phones. Only reason we have codes set is in case our phones get left someplace, otherwise we’d just leave them unlocked all the time. This is just how we’ve done things, there was no expectation to share phones and passcodes, we just happen to be the kind of people that do.

2 Likes

I sort of have my hubby’s he has a drawing dots thing. I know it but keep forgetting lol. He has mine but I’m a crafter and he helps me at my shows with transaction payments with my square reader. We don’t hide anything from each other. I wouldn’t mess with a code but I have pursed called people numerous times lol :laughing: so we have one on so I don’t pocket dial random contacts haha. I think it depends on the couple. I trust him. I don’t need to look at his phone, but he is a hardworking honest guy and I’m lucky to have him.

We have our passcodes in case anything happens. Sadly, if something really tragica happened to me my husband needs to access my things. Plus even though we have separate accounts we help take care of each other’s things so it allows us that access. We don’t really check on each other though. The passcodes aren’t for trust just accessibility.

1 Like

Married for 10 yrs. We’ve always shared passcode.

I have a code that only I know. My banking info is saved into my phone. I have tap and pay and other shit I don’t need anyone having access to.

Everything should be open and accessible in a relationship. Otherwise, what is there to hide?

I have a pass passcode but that’s only because occasionally I look up student loan stuff on my phone and I can’t access my information without one, it’s an extra level of security. I’m not hiding anything from him though pretty much everything I have on my phone can be found other places without passcodes.

We have the same codes and passwords

We never shared, neither of us asked. We use fingerprints anyway.

I know my girlfriends passcodes and she knows mine. I showed her I have respect for her by trusting her with my passwords and we have a check up maybe every once in a while. I definitely think you both should be open with each other. Not saying you HAVE to check his phone but it would be comforting to know it, you know??

I don’t think it’s necessary. But if your partner asks for your phone . it shouldn’t be a problem to unlock it and hand it over.
My fiance and I have been together 5 years and he’s never had one so if he randomly had one and I asked and he didn’t give me the code then it would raise red flags.
Everyone is different though.
Some girls look through the phone just to be reassured there’s nothing there.
Good luck

not married here and know each others info from computer to phone

I have my husband but no need to use it unless I gotta use his phone for something. I never snoop cus I trust him

My husband and I both have codes and biometric scans. I put a code on mine a few years ago because I’d always leave it on the shelf at the store, loose it somewhere or pocket dial people. My husband has the code and he’s had the code since before we were married. His fingerprint is also set in my biometric. I have my husband’s code & my finger print saved in his biometric.

We use each other’s phones all the time.

Me and my fiancé have shared ours since dating, not to go through phones but in case we needed something or they were busy and one of our parents text (because we trust each other), and whatnot. We also have a child, and that brings more need for it if we need access to anything. We also have each other’s face in our Face ID.

Married nearly forty years both of us have passcodes.I can go into my husband’s phone and he can go into mine .It’s called trust no secret.

My bf and I shared a phone for a lil over 3yrs. We now have our own and although I dont have a passcode for my phone I do have locked files adult content that he’s welcomed to them since they’re for and feature him lol. He has a passcode on his phone, but he has given me all his passwords even when I didn’t ask. Idk its his phone idc what he does on it bc we’re pretty open about and honest about things😄

You don’t have to give them and they don’t have to give you. You should be able to trust each other. On the other hand-If you need their phone because your battery died or whatever, they should be able to give you the password without hesitation. If that make sense? Like you don’t need it however in an emergency they shouldn’t try to hide it

3 Likes

My fiancé and I know each other’s passcodes and most of each other’s passwords. Do we use them, no. We typically just ask each other for the information we are looking for. But in the event that the other is not around and information is needed we know how to get it. We also don’t keep secrets so there is no reason for us to go through each other’s phone, but at the same time we don’t care if the other looks every now and then.

1 Like

My husband has told me his countless times can’t remember it

Ive always have known my husband’s since we met. 7 years of marriage now and his fingerprint is in my phone and my fingerprint is in his. Nothing weird about it.

We have no passwords on our phones …we do not ask for each others phones …but we do answer each others phones if so required and if we feel the need to look at each others phones there is no problem …we have trust …nothing hidden

1 Like

We share are passwords, you never know if something happens to either of us, just one less thing to have to deal with

Toxic ex never had access to mine and I never had access to his. Let’s just say we were both as bad as each other and I’m glad that never worked out. My amazing partner in crime however has access to everything because I’m comfortable with it, not because I feel like I should/he demands it. It just works for us and is super useful sometimes. Doesn’t work for everyone, but if it’s not what you both want then it should never be a problem.

1 Like

Married and we know each other’s. Sometimes we need to. Like if he’s in the bathroom and I see his mom calling, I can answer.

We don’t have passcodes!

1 Like

We don’t have passcodes - nothing to hide !!

My husband an I know each other’s passwords, but we don’t go through each other’s phones. I feel like if you have to do that you shouldn’t be with that person.

Been with my husband for 17 years and during the times we had to have passcodes for our phones, yes we told each other the codes. In the last 3ish years we haven’t needed codes because i work from home and hes constantly moving so his phone is always on him. We always have access to each other’s phones and always have

2 Likes

I’ve never looked at my husbands phone. I trust him…been with him 18yrs, married 13 of those yrs. He’s never looked through mine either.

1 Like

I have access to use his phone for anything I need, he has the same. His finger print is in my phone and my Face ID is in his phone. We barely talked about it, it just kind of naturally happened. I don’t EXPECT it and it’s not my right because he deserves privacy, but we both just grab each others phone when we need to or whatever. No big deal really but if he randomly told me one day it’s his right and he needs to “check” my phone. Naw, that’s different and untrusting.

3 Likes

My husband and I have our fingerprints registered on each other’s phones. We have nothing to hide. But it also makes life easier. I don’t even remember my own password half the time since I use biometrics, I would never remember his.

I have my husband’s password

Not married but I’ve been with my kids father for almost 9 years now and we have passcodes so our kids can’t get into our phones but we’ve known one another’s codes since we started dating.

My husband and I have the same passcode​:rofl::rofl: It was one of those, “if one of us forgets, hopefully the other will remember​:grimacing:” moments! But, I don’t see an issue with passcodes if you trust each other

3 Likes

We have passcodes but both use the same one, I think we do anyways :joy: neither has to check and shouldn’t need to if nothing to hide :slightly_smiling_face: xx

Why not? My husband and I have each other’s. We have nothing to hide

We have passcodes, but it’s bc of the kids. We know each other’s passcodes so they don’t really effect us lol

Me and my husband use the same passcode :woman_shrugging: and he put a list in the notes section of my phone of all his accounts and passwords cause his phones always get overheated and break at his job and he’s always getting new phones and needing his accounts and passwords.
We’re always on each other’s phones we don’t care or have anything to hide

My husband and my 2 grown up kids in their 30s have my codes, and the old mans, we got no secrets what you see is what you get

1 Like

NO SECRETS …EVER!
just one key to a successful marriage.

1 Like

My husband knows my passcode and always has, in case of emergencies it’s nice. We also don’t feel the need to lock one another out of our phones either.

We only have passwords to keep our phones from the kids. My husband has access to everything phone, Facebook Instagram nothing to hide

I have no trust issues with my husband. He has the code. I have his. There has been times that we need a phone and the others is handy and we just use it. It’s been this way since the beginning of our relationship

1 Like

We have the same codes so he doesn’t forget them :joy: but we share all devices etc his current phone is a cheapo so he can barely do anything on it so he just picks mine up and takes photos or does whatever he wants on my phone… That’s if I’m not glued to it haha

We never have locked our phones.

1 Like

If there’s no problems between the two of you it shouldn’t matter if you have them or not. Before anyone comes for me, my partner and I have access to each others accounts, Phone ect… Just because that’s how we are, not because there’s a problem.

1 Like

My husband and I always had each other’s. He passed away in December and I am so glad because I was able to access stuff I needed on his phone

My husband and I have been together 17 years, married 15. We have eaxhothers passwords. I never get in his phone. Sometimes he gets in mine. Idc either way.

My soon to be husband keeps a code on his phone for the safety of his job contacts but I think if I asked he would let me know it. I have no reason to ask.

Honestly myself and my partner have passcodes on our phones to stop other people getting into our phones who we don’t want on our phones. He knows my passcodes and I know his. Though we don’t know each others passwords for more important stuff like banking. It’s just a trust thing when it comes to passcodes phones/computers/electronics. I trust him completely and he trusts me. We also have access to each other’s phones at all times.

2 Likes

Not in a relationship at the moment but moat of my past ones have none my phone password tbh my kids know it and try to tell anyone that will listen :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: but if i relationship should be on trust once you start to question it and lose it its no longer a relationship passwords shouldn’t matter

My husband and I didn’t really care but over time have shared the passwords so the other can use one’s phone at the time we have nothing to hide the passwords aren’t to keep each other out yet we don’t have the want or need to go through each other’s phones we just have times where the others is more accessible .

My man and I both have codes on our phone and have each others codes but have no reason to go into eithers. He knows he can go in my phone whenever. And i have a 2 year old so thats why pass codes are on the phones. But we answer calls for each other etc he has no reason to not trust me