Should you use recalled baby items?

if its the one im thinking about those babies were NOT strapped in.

2 Likes

Honestly I felt that the recall was unnecessary due to the fact that if it’s used properly and you don’t leave your child unattended, there wouldn’t have been an issue. My heart and soul ache for the ones who HAVE lost their babies. But also I feel like they might be placing blame… not saying I probably wouldn’t do the same.

1 Like

It’s not just people having problems with the product it’s people’s kids DYING while using it. You may have never had a problem in the past but with things like infant death…you never have a problem using it…until you do. And probably rather not have that problem, death is permanent.

Personally I wouldnt use it. It’s being recalled for a reason. And you don’t ever want to think I should have done it differently.

1 Like

The recall wasn’t just for them not being buckled. Several babies died while using it due to positional asphyxia.

3 Likes

Google Positional Asphyxiation

2 Likes

I used this with both of my boys with no issues.

The article I read was saying the to make sure your baby is strapped in properly so they don’t roll over and get stuck and suffocate.

Use it. Obviously you used it correctly previously. Its recalled because it wasnt used properly!!!

1 Like

Ask your self how you would feel if your newest baby was one of the unlucky babies . That should help you answer your own question

1 Like

In my personal opinion, the recall was from all the heat they got from negligent parents. If something says strap your kid in, do it. If something has a weight limit, abide by it. I’m using mine, I don’t care.

5 Likes

Use it! It was only recalled because parents wherent buckling them in.

3 Likes

I bought a sids monitor for my last son. It goes off loud if no heartbeat or breathing is detected :pray: sleep with ease

Safe Sleep and Baby Care – Evidence Based Support

2 Likes

They said babies that can roll over should not be placed in them it’s fine up until like 3mo. Because they roll over and suffocate. :kissing_heart:

Its not the product fault, its the parents who weren’t taking proper procautions. It was the ONLY thing my son would sleep in until he outgrew it and moved into the pack n play which also serves as like a crib/bassinet type thing.

3 Likes

Well you don’t have issues until you do. Why would getting rid of it be a bad thing? Safety first, right?

2 Likes

It was recalled for infant deaths due to improper use. Kids running around and knocking it over. Animals knocking it over or kids who outgrew it knocking it over

4 Likes

Those who had bad experience was partially to blame because they didn’t follow the instructions & warnings
Personally I would use it I just won’t leave my baby unattended

Personal opinion: It stinks that they had to recall it because SOME parents used it as a babysitter. As long as you’re using it at the appropriate age/size and not without supervision, I see no issue. Go with your gut. People will always criticize anything that differs from their opinion.

5 Likes

i research why it’s recalled…if it is a broken buckle or something easily fixed I keep using it.

Its unsafe due to user error so do you mama and remind them they thought lead paint was a good idea lol

3 Likes

Just bad from people not using it correctly. If you use it correctly then theres not a problem.

1 Like

Use it. The recall was for negligent parents who weren’t using safety precautions

5 Likes

Girl just use it. The only reason it’s recalled is because some dumb parents didn’t strap their kid in. Like it has straps for a reason…

3 Likes

IF YOU READ THE ARTICLE ABOUT THE RECALL ON PACK & PLAYS IT STATES: Every infant was 3 MONTHS OR OLDER; BEEN ABLE TO ROLL OVER(ON THEIR SIDE OR BACK); NONE OF THEM WERE BUCKLED SECURELY & THAT ALL OF THEM HAD BEEN “SLEEPING” IN THE ROCKER. It seems that would all be improper use. If youve used it before, with multiple children, i dont see the risk being very high at all. My sister used one for all three of her kids, i had one for my son. Follow the guidelines that come with it. If i can find the article again ill post it for everyone. Yes, infant death is a tragedy regardless of the situation, but they have these guidelines for a reason. & their statistics said 10 deaths in over 4 years, thats close to 3 deaths a year due to improper use of the rock & play. If I was one of those parents I’d be devastated & want to blame someone(or thing) other than myself(and/or spouse, etc). I can understand their frustration. But i think that if people educated themselves a little more(instead of reading titles, read the entire article) they wouldn’t put up a protest about it; just say “be careful, follow the guidelines”. I believe if more people educated themselves there would be alot more peace amongst people.

2 Likes

If you dont feel comfortable with it buy a pack and play. They have changing tables and different settings for babies.

They dont just recall things for no reason… use you head . Get rid of it . Think of the safety of your baby .

5 Likes

I used it prior to it being recalled, but the reason for recall is due to neglect. Not the product itself

6 Likes

I still wouldn’t risk it because well,.it’s not worth it to me but I’m just sharing my experience

1 Like

They have a graco glider that sits up like the rock n play but lays down into bassinet for bedtime and glides. I text the news and asked why only Fisher price but all they said was no other brand was recalled

It’s up to you. You are the mumma bear. Using the product correctly is always helpful. Follow directions and adhere to warnings. Enjoy your bub. Travel well though the last month. Go well xo

1 Like

The recall is all crap the article flat out says buckle your child do not use after 3 months or able to roll over (which ever comes first.) and always buckle your child. The babies that died was a tragedy but preventable if used as directed im 34 weeks I still plan on using mine

1 Like

It was recalled because parents were not strapping their child in after they could roll over. Don’t let your baby in it after they can roll back to belly and always use the straps, and baby will be fine. also don’t leave baby unattended use it in the same room.

1 Like

If it’s being recalled doesnt that tell you it’s not ok to use? Positional asphyxiation happens and can happen right in front of you.

If you know how to use it correctly, use it. I’m still going to use mine. Had one with my 3 year old and wasn’t stupid enough to leave her unattended in it or unbuckled and she also went right to her crib once she started being able to move her body.

3 Likes

Their babies only died because they weren’t paying attention to them and they weren’t using the product right. Just make sure you’re watching the baby and have everything proper and you should be fine

6 Likes

I USE IT EVERYDAY WITH MY ALMOST 7 month old and we have never had any problems. Stop using it when they learn to roll, my boy can’t roll yet.

1 Like

Honestly your child and you have used this product with your other kids so it sounds to me that you used the product correctly. I used one with my daughter and she is 11 mths and my friend has one at her place for her grandbaby and my daughter took a nap in it why I sat at next too her and of course was strapped in bc she can roll over completely. I just wouldn’t let baby sleep in it over nite only when baby can be supervised closely and use the product correctly. Goos luck bc in law’s and other family members can just be a pain in the ass at times.

You always don’t have an issue until
Something happens… get a different product that’s similar

2 Likes

You always don’t have an issue until
Something happens… get a different product that’s similar

1 Like

U keep doing it, that is if its safe.

Babies should not be sleeping on an incline period in anything I used it for my now 2 year old once in a while but not for sleep only when he was awake but now when my new lo come in the world I won’t be using it at all

1 Like

I would recomend getting a voucher and getting something else. I know it sucks but you would never forgive yourself if somethibg happened.

I feel like as long as you buckle your baby and monitor them while they are in it there are no issues. It doesnt matter to the family member. You are the parent

I think it will be just fine as long as your baby cannot rollover, cannot set up obviously, they are buckled, and they are being observed. I would imagine that you’ll be OK if you do those things. Now babies usually start rolling over after a few months, so at that point I wouldn’t use that anymore.

Use a different brand. It’s also for the ones they just put out…are you fucking kidding me that you still want to risk it?

For me the rock and play was a lifesaver! I had a c section and loved that I had right right by my bed and my daughter was extremely colicky and that was the only thing that would calm her. As long as you know how to use it properly then use it!

2 Likes

I have one that I will use I used them with my girls I’m 36 weeks pregnant and will use it regardless the deaths were because the parent didn’t follow the directions they weren’t strapped they were at the age to roll over and it’s not meant for them to sleep in over night unattended

2 Likes

My friend is still using it. If u use it correctly then i think its fine. Just make sure your close enough to touch baby while in it

If it’s been recalled, the product is faulty. They don’t recall a product just because people have been using it without supervision.

2 Likes

You don’t use recalled products. It’s been linked to over 2 dozen infant fatalities.

5 Likes

The vast majority of baby products being recalled are due to poor supervision or misusage by the parent, not actually a factory defect, that being said be careful which recalled products you use because cps can get you for child endangerment

4 Likes

Use it properly and keep baby supervised and secured in restraints and you will be fine.

1 Like

I have two of them now and baby number two will be here in 3 weeks. I’ve already requested kits to get vouchers for both from their website. I used it with my son too. While I absolutely agree that majority of it sounds like it was due to misuse I’ve also read reports where it was done according to exact manufacturer recommendations and still had infant deaths happen. Planning to just get the vouchers and purchase something else. We already have a bassinet for sleeping so it’s ok. I was planning to put one in the basement so I can get laundry done but I’ll figure out something else.

1 Like

Its the parents fault that their babies got hurt they were not using comon sense. I’m buying one for when Xander is born. These are a god sent for babies with reflux. Its a voluntary recall which means the stores will still sell them and its up to the consumer if they want to buy it

1 Like

It’s only a particular model number. There was something wrong in the manufacturing process. Any that are currently on the market are available are safe

The product is not dangerous. Idiots using it incorrectly is dangerous.
If you’re not one of those idiots, you’re fine.
Easy peasy.

4 Likes

I’m reading this while my 4 week old is taking a nap next to me in her rock and play :tipping_hand_woman:t3::yum:

4 Likes

I used one in 2012, and the recall goes clear back to 2009. Just keep a close eye.

1 Like

I used with both grandbabies. Just keep an eye on them.

I understand you had no problems before, but I personally would not use something that was recalled due to death.

2 Likes

Honestly i dont get the recall. The reason babies are dieing is because of misuse of the item. People arent buckling baby up and still putting them in it once the baby is rolling. They are recalling because of pressure to do so because parents dont follow those two simple rules

12 Likes

Why would u want to use something that has caused DEATH to other infants?! Seriously?

2 Likes

it is an awareness notice of what was stated many times in instruction manual and on tags on the product, but others did not adhear to the warnings. The deaths were related to rolling over in the product…the rock in play states many times not to use once baby starts showing hints of rolling over…so, just stop use before baby starts rolling over…i will continue to use mine for my new little one with the supervision that i maintained with my first.

5 Likes

I personally would still use it. I’ve used them with 4 out of my 5 kids and they are all still alive. The problem lies with people who are too lazy to buckle their children in and who are still using them after the weight/age limit when babies are starting to roll and pull themselves up. The babies are rolling over and then they suffocate because they then can not breath and can not roll back. It’s the same thing with not buckling a baby in a bouncer or swing, putting the bouncer on a table, and walkers by the steps. Should they all be recalled too because people did not follow instructions?? I just learned when I had my 20 month old that you aren’t supposed to have bumper pads, drop side cribs, and even the triangles that stop the baby from rolling over either. I say you are your child’s parent. It’s a voluntary recall, I believe, which means they can still be used but they are covering their asses to protect from lawsuits from stupid people who did not follow the guidelines. You do what you feel is right for your child and the hell with everyone else. Who knows maybe new baby won’t even like it lol!

I would return it and get something different , doesn’t matter if u haven’t had issues all it take is one time ! How did u even buy it if it was taken off the market . Alot of it is common sense :person_tipping_hand:

i used the rock n play for 3 babies . it worked amazing each time. but now with them actually recallinv the product becayse if the deaths there is no way id ever put my baby in one. its not worth the risk . ever

1 Like

My sister was one of the ignorant ones! Her and her husband put my nephew in his on the kitchen counter and he vibrated off!!

2 Likes

I’m using one now for my youngest and she’s fine it really helps her because she constantly wants to be held and it makes her feel like she is

1 Like

I do believe that a lot of these deaths were from improper incline. Putting baby chin to chest.Like a car seat that’s outside a car or improperly installed. Only a few were from roll overs.

3 Likes

It’s not a babysitter watch your children!

I mean the parents are the actual cause of death there :woman_shrugging:t3: it even says not to use after 3 months or when child begins showing signs of rolling. Therefore what should one expect when their 5 month old rolls over in it. Sorry but parents know they should be careful and follow guildlines

1 Like

My heavens stop feeling like you are a bad parent. tell who ever you are the mother to be an no Disrespect but You feel comfortable with this choice. An by any chance she does not like your choice she has all rights but as your friend or ? To respect your decision Look it up the last recall I found was back in 2009. Honestly i dont get the recall. The reason babies are dieing is because of misuse of the item. People arent buckling baby up and still putting them in it once the baby is rolling. They are recalling because of pressure to do so because parents dont follow those two simple rules. You have use this before so there for it should not be something you over use. to put baby in danger. I mean the parents are the actual cause of death there :woman_shrugging:t3: it even says not to use after 3 months or when child begins showing signs of rolling. Therefore what should one expect when their 5 month old rolls over in it. Sorry but parents know they should be careful and follow guildlines An you as a parent know what to EXPECT an how you should take care of your baby. so tell who ever let you keep an watch your baby as a mom exposed to do.

1 Like

I really hate that they recalled something because of someone’s bad parenting, it wasn’t the products fault at all !

If it’s been recalled I wouldn’t use it. My own personal thoughts, there are numerous other things similar to that you can use.

If you actually read how the babies died, it was cause they were over 3 months and not strapped in properly.

1 Like

The infant deaths were caused from the parents not buckling them in and them rolling over and suffocating. Actually read the articles.

1 Like

So I read the recall on that and most of the deaths were from the babies being unsupervised and falling out or trying to roll over and ended up rolling the whole thing. Honestly I think you will be just fine using it

I wouldn’t use it , Oh NO!

Use what you want! I’m using it and I’m 24 weeks pregnant already purchased. Don’t listen to other oeople

Because it IS unsafe! Why would you risk it - it’s been recalled for goodness sake! It only takes about 2 minutes for a baby to die…you could be in the same room and not notice in time.

1 Like

With all the bassinet / sleeper options on the market, why risk it?